Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 seems much more impressive now!

Is it just me or is TS4 so much more appealing now more than before? I mean, the game itself seems fleshed out within the last 2 months. I feel like its finally a complete game. SO much stuff has been added, from being gender inclusive to the toddler update to pools and ghosts, eta. I've been along for the ride since the game's launch, and it's appeal wasn't very strong for me until like a month ago. Along with the City and Vampire packs, I've been spending hours upon hours in the game and am STILL not bored! Not too long ago I was pretty irritated with the devs and all the money I had to spend to make the game somewhat enjoyable, but now... I feel like everything has turned 180 degrees. Is anyone else feeling like this oml <3
ztmv1whwwkmxf9ta8sxm1dsbofm6vknaw8ux35dkmz8s6rj75aar0unludlcqxm8.jpg

♡ Team Aja ♡

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Honestly? No.

I love toddlers but toddlers can't redeem the game. And in a lot of ways the excellent A.I and gameplay of toddlers shows how weak other life stages are. Teens I'm looking at you.
    City living I was hugely hyped for and I defended it on this forum prior to release but it just feels empty, it's all style and no substance in my opinion. Once you have done everything once, there's no real need to do it again. I miss a real city background, not fake FX backgrounds and so many other things.

That being said, I'm glad the game has turned around for you and got you playing again. I wish I felt the same. Ironically the pack I was most excited about is the pack that made me want to hit the uninstall button in origin.

Happy Simming :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    I'd have to say no also. But simply because I've been having fun since the beginning. I'm glad it's starting to turn around for you. :)
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    The novelty wore off...
    p6tqefj
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    Me too!
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I went through the love,hate,oh god wake me up, Love again roller coaster.
    I think just the fact that they sprung toddlers on us out of the blue for free went a very long way to mending fences for me
    I am genuinely once again excited and curious to where Sims 4 will take me next
    *puts back on his fanboy Tshirt*

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    While the game has gotten better as far as base game features goes, I honestly don't think that it's gotten that much more impressive since launch.

Don't get me wrong. TS4 has by far the best Toddler life stage out of the three games that have them, CAS is just amazing as far as the levels of realism or caricaturization we can apply to our sims' appearances (when you can make male sims that look like Zangief and Comicbook Guy and female sims that look like Jessica Rabbit and Dexter's Mom, you know you've arrived), Not having to demolish walls to change room sizes and having the ability to pick up and move rooms in Build Mode is cool, the hidden areas are fun, and the fact that Child sims can be left home alone without worrying about that meddling busy-body social worker barging in to moralize at you and abduct them is one of my favorite things about this game. However, the emotion system is still unbalanced (mostly due to Uncomfortable being used for everything from sore muscles to fear and way too many furniture items with built-in Happy environmental moodlets), Generic lots are still broken, sim AI needs some fine tuning in certain areas (such as visitors ditching your sim to play on their computer, sims not waiting for food when someone is cooking a group meal, going to bed when energy is 50%, auto-multitasking with listening to the radio all the time...), and a desperate need for more base game traits (They added Kleptomaniac and Jealous for free in patches, but what about some more like Brave or Slow Learner or Stoic or Loyal?). Not to mention that when they added relationship decay to inactive households, they basically forced my hand in terms of installing a script mod (Culling homeless sims? Sure. Culling relationships with low ratings? I could live with that. Draining the relationship levels of my inactive households? Homie don't play dat.).

So, as many things about this game impress me, there are just as many that I look at and say, "Come on, guys. You can do better than that."
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    I feel like they've got their feet turned in the right direction, but they still have a long way before they reach their destination. I do love how much the game is improving in terms of gender inclusiveness, toddlers are freaking amazing in terms of how interactive they are compared to the toddlers in the sims 3, being able to define our sims with their own personalized walk, CAS and BB mode is fantastic, sims people able to do multiple things all at once (e.g. watching tv, while talking to another sim, while eating a grilled cheese sandwich). But they're still missing a lot. I mean we didn't get toddlers, until the start of this year. That's 3 years without toddlers. I feel that's something we should have gotten when the game launched. Also, we didn't have pools or hot tubs at all either, they added that in later. I don't think we even had ghosts, something else they added in later on. While it is getting a bit better and I do love the game so far, I feel it can be greater than it is already.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I agree with @SimsLovinLycan , esspeically with regards to relationship culling. That right there tells me this game will always be garbage. They can have glittery sparkley trash bags, but inside it is still trash. And that's what relationship culling did to this game, and I refuse to download a mod to make the game playable (enhance gameplay, sure)
    Even though a lot has been added..... There's not much replayability.. as mentioned, the festivals (even if my sim is a gamer I don't bother with geekcon, foodies don't both with spice festival, not after the first visit at least) vampires are okay, but how many times are people going to want to work to get Grand Master (I got bored half way through master, killed her by sunlight because it was taking waaaay to long) maybe even toddlers, although I find them super fun.
    Idk, I have a lot of animosity towards this game but I still play it regularly.
    Pools and ghosts should have came with the game honestly.
    And things are constantly overlooked. Children getting invited to bars? Invites in general being wacky. No step or in-law relations in the panel (not just the family tree) lack of careers, traits and aspirations in packs they really should have been (movie lover for movie stuff, wellness aspiration or trait for spa day, and more). There's more, but I'm at work and my thoughts keep getting cut short!! :( Lol
    I do sometimes feel like you, op, but that feeling doesn't last very long... I did feel super excited when I first played through city living, but once is enough. And same with vampires, it came with awesome stuff, and leveling up and gaining powers were fun... But it took so long! Like I said I gave up
    But hey! If you're having fun, good for you :) (if that sounds sarcastic, I promise it isn't)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    Is it just me or is TS4 so much more appealing now more than before? I mean, the game itself seems fleshed out within the last 2 months. I feel like its finally a complete game. SO much stuff has been added, from being gender inclusive to the toddler update to pools and ghosts, eta. I've been along for the ride since the game's launch, and it's appeal wasn't very strong for me until like a month ago. Along with the City and Vampire packs, I've been spending hours upon hours in the game and am STILL not bored! Not too long ago I was pretty irritated with the devs and all the money I had to spend to make the game somewhat enjoyable, but now... I feel like everything has turned 180 degrees. Is anyone else feeling like this oml <3

Truth be told, every iteration goes through this.
    As more content is added the game becomes more appealing to a larger number of people.
    Only makes sense right?

They didn't do themselve's any favors by leaving out things that were included in other base games...that's where they really dropped the ball here. They would have been much better off delaying launch like they did with TS3 than to roll the game out without Pools and Toddlers

I'm predicting by the end of the year everything in TS4 land will be right as rain.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Is it just me or is TS4 so much more appealing now more than before?

No, it's not just you. ;) TS4 is light years away from what it was when it was first launched, thanks to the players who've been posting a myriad of helpful suggestions in the forums and a dev team being very responsive to everyone's ideas. If this keeps up, I am sure that TS4 will wind up being the best iteration since TS1, hands down.
    EiFlric.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2017
    Not really, OP. No. A lot of that stuff that you mentioned should have been in the base game to begin with. We received an incomplete game. I give EA no props for parceling it out to us over 2 1/2 years.

I'm glad that you're enjoying it now, though. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have such a love\hate relationship with this game. At least the last two months have got me back in the game but I am not satisfied. There are a ton of bugs right now and basic missed stuff like adding karaoke and bubble blowing to clubs. Right now my vampires are getting sick...lol How are immortal vampires getting sick? Detective career is a little borked. Townie generation is out of control.

I love toddlers and what they have done with the vampires. I am sticking it out for now hoping they clean up some of the bugs and make the game a bit more enjoyable. Bugs can really suck the enjoyment out of a game.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Not really, OP. No. A lot of that stuff that you mentioned should have been in the base game to begin with. We received an incomplete game. I give EA no props for parceling it out to us over 2 1/2 years.

The fact that it has that stuff now and didn't still makes it better? It not being as good in the first place doesn't mean it can't get better. And saying it's better doesn't mean that that stuff shouldn't have been in in the first place (toddlers for sure should have been! nonetheless, the game is better now that it has them)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

The fact that it has that stuff now and didn't still makes it better? It not being as good in the first place doesn't mean it can't get better. And saying it's better doesn't mean that that stuff shouldn't have been in in the first place (toddlers for sure should have been! nonetheless, the game is better now that it has them)

Exactly. Doesn't matter now when we got that stuff. All that matters now is that we have it. Like SimGuruDrake said, there is an expiration on some complaints. :)
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I am glad you're enjoying it. However in my opinion it doesn't seem much better now. If i'm even more honest, it feels the same. You see when I play the Sims 2 or 3 with only their base game I notice how much is lacking, so install the packs and the game is insanely larger. I notice the difference and the little gameplay elements that add so much more. With the Sims 4 it often feels the same. I like the clothing and objects that come with the packs, but the actual gameplay is lacking. So no matter how much I install, it stays the same for me. The Sims 4 added toddlers (finally) and that added a lot of gameplay. It added story and more love. That is what I want, changing elements, things that change the game core and change it so that you don't want to just play the basegame, you need to install the packs because you are missing out and that's not what I have right now.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • florathornsflorathorns Posts: 41 Member
    I can totally understand what you guys are talking about when it comes to the game being lackluster in terms of depth. Luckily though I'm a vain sucker for aesthetics (lol) and Vampires is giving it to me, along with City Living.
    ztmv1whwwkmxf9ta8sxm1dsbofm6vknaw8ux35dkmz8s6rj75aar0unludlcqxm8.jpg

♡ Team Aja ♡