Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 (long range prodictions)

doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
So we know that the Sims 4 has done ok in the charts this may have something to do with the EP's and toddlers.n I have been thinking abort the next base game (sims 5). What do you think we are going to see in the sims 5.

I think we will see in the base game

1. An open world or possibly neighborhood system & bigger worlds.
2. The return of create a style.
3. layering with the option to have an open or closed shirts.
4. open careers in the base game .
5. open education up too high school (Uni in an update).
6. The return of the fire service & police & criminals.
7. piercings IN CAS .
8. Toddlers in base
9. Family play.

I think that's 9 points that we need in the Sims 5 base game a few of these in the new base will go a long way to covince peoppel to buy the game

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Exactly
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited March 2017
    What sims 5? Who said there's even gonna be the Sims 5?
    My prediction is that there possibly won't be any Sims 5 and instead Sims 4 will take the WoW path "until it doesn't make sense anymore".
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Why do inherently assume that The Sims 5 will be better? If you haven't noticed lately as far as Maxis and EA are concerned, the more money they can get from a product, the better! Selling less content in smaller packages seems to be their new business model. With the Sims 1 and Sims 2, there were only Expansion packs, worth $20-$30. With the Sims 3 came the addition of Stuff Packs, priced around $20, and Expansion packs, which cost about $30. Now, with the Sims 4, we have Game Packs worth $20, Stuff Packs worth $10 and expansion packs worth $40. And the amount of content in each of these packs has gotten smaller and smaller for the price your paying. Remember Sims 3: Nightlife? Well, the same content for Sims 4 was released in 1 expansion, 2 game packs and 1 stuff pack, roughly $90.
    I don't see this trend ending for the Sims 5. Do you really think they'll release all the content you listed in one game for $60? Of course not! They'll add more packs to sell to make more money. It's quite sad really. But whenever I hear people saying "I hope the Sims 5 is better," I think they're being hopelessly naive. Most likely, The Sims 5 will be an all online game with little content, or a mobile/tablet game, since that seems to be direction that EA is headed towards with Maxis games. All I can say is, don't get your hopes up :'(:'(
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Maybe I'm alone on this but i would be okay if they stopped with TS4. Something that I still wish they'd done with TS3 was to keep making content for it and updating it to the current times. So with TS4, I would be okay if they continued to make new content but didn't plan on doing 5. My other concern would be for players who might not be able to keep up with TS4 with all the additional packs and patches and TS5 could be more intense with specs.

TS5 would have to do something monumentally different than the other games.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    I was JUST thinking about this as I woke up. Must be a vibe in the air.

I'm really hoping to see the ability to control individual sims in a platformer style scenario. Maybe as a game within the game or as an exploration tool. There are times when I wish I had full joystick control of my sims.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    What you said could come to The Sims 5 is spot on. I think they will go back to what made The Sims 3 great, with open world, create a style, story progression... With 2019 (?) technology, they could make a believable world with interesting sims that would make The Sims what it can ultimately be. Think a TS3 made 10 years later with everything improved. It's 10 years later. If they did 3 back then, imagine what they could do next.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Let's hope and wish I mean the devs now what we like and don't like especially Sims with limited space.
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    What you said could come to The Sims 5 is spot on. I think they will go back to what made The Sims 3 great, with open world, create a style, story progression... With 2019 (?) technology, they could make a believable world with interesting sims that would make The Sims what it can ultimately be. Think a TS3 made 10 years later with everything improved. It's 10 years later. If they did 3 back then, imagine what they could do next.

I hope you are right I've played the new Legend of Zelda game it's a console game that has weather so if they can do it at nintendo surely they can do it at EA. Zelda is a beautiful game. I hope if they make a Sims 5 (which I'm really really hoping they do) it will have awesome graphics, I've been spoiled on this decorating app I've been playing on my iphone and now I want realistic looking furniture and houses lol.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    My prediction is that there possibly won't be any Sims 5 and instead Sims 4 will take the WoW path "until it doesn't make sense anymore".

call me evil, but I actually would like that. it's personal choice if you want to add more content to the game. and since I love the gameart it could honestly go endlessly until it won't make any sense
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    xoxoat11 wrote: »

call me evil, but I actually would like that. it's personal choice if you want to add more content to the game. and since I love the gameart it could honestly go endlessly until it won't make any sense
    EA already has the Sims Freeplay as a MMO game and even TS4 seems to have big sales numbers. So it would be both unlogical and a very risky experiment for EA to attempt to make TS5 into a competitor for WoW. Therefore I don't believe that EA will do that.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

EA already has the Sims Freeplay as a MMO game and even TS4 seems to have big sales numbers. So it would be both unlogical and a very risky experiment for EA to attempt to make TS5 into a competitor for WoW. Therefore I don't believe that EA will do that.

Not ts5.
    They might stretch ts4 for as long as it sells. The fact that we have loading screens means they can add much more content to the game before it becomes laggy. Also, we get patches every month. Which means that if the game requires new technology, EA can implement it in a timely manner. When you think about it, Sims 4 has all chances to last much much longer than its predecessors.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

Not ts5.
    They might stretch ts4 for as long as it sells. The fact that we have loading screens means they can add much more content to the game before it becomes laggy. Also, we get patches every month. Which means that if the game requires new technology, EA can implement it in a timely manner. When you think about it, Sims 4 has all chances to last much much longer than its predecessors.
    Usually only MMO games have a longer lifetime than at most 5 years. There are of course reasons for this:
    1. To make a new version of a popular MMO game is very risky because there is no guarantee that the customers just will move over to the new game. They could switch to games from other companies instead. Also MMO games are based on subscriptions instead of just being sold.
    2. New single player games are released all the time and new generations of gamers grow up. But the new generation of gamers will usually not buy 5+ years old games. So after so many years the old game can usually only be sold with a big price reduction.

For a T rated game like TS4 which is mainly targeted at young teens this affect become too big when the basegame is about 5 years old because new young teens can't be expected to just buy the 5 years old basegame and all its later expansions. They want new games and not old ones. So to get them as customers EA has to release a new basegame to really catch their interest. Otherwise too many of them will miss the Sims game when they are eagerly looking for a new game to buy and play.

Besides that it becomes more and more difficult for the developers to make new expansions which don't give new bugs or which will slow the game down. So also for that reason it is much better to just start over with a completely new version of the game.
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    When it comes down to open world, I hope they'll let you edit the land from in-game and not have to use third-party software. I would so love to edit the city and move buildings however and wherever I want to - full of ideas!
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
    edited March 2017
    bixters wrote: »
    Why do inherently assume that The Sims 5 will be better? If you haven't noticed lately as far as Maxis and EA are concerned, the more money they can get from a product, the better! Selling less content in smaller packages seems to be their new business model. With the Sims 1 and Sims 2, there were only Expansion packs, worth $20-$30. With the Sims 3 came the addition of Stuff Packs, priced around $20, and Expansion packs, which cost about $30. Now, with the Sims 4, we have Game Packs worth $20, Stuff Packs worth $10 and expansion packs worth $40. And the amount of content in each of these packs has gotten smaller and smaller for the price your paying. Remember Sims 3: Nightlife? Well, the same content for Sims 4 was released in 1 expansion, 2 game packs and 1 stuff pack, roughly $90.
    I don't see this trend ending for the Sims 5. Do you really think they'll release all the content you listed in one game for $60? Of course not! They'll add more packs to sell to make more money. It's quite sad really. But whenever I hear people saying "I hope the Sims 5 is better," I think they're being hopelessly naive. Most likely, The Sims 5 will be an all online game with little content, or a mobile/tablet game, since that seems to be direction that EA is headed towards with Maxis games. All I can say is, don't get your hopes up :'(:'(

Whatever.
    First stuff's came in the Sims 2. Then EA are not stupid, they know if TS5 is good, many people will buy TS5. It will a good way for EA to filling the loss of TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    You can't really call Sims 4 a "loss" because the game is nowhere near done. We still probably have a lot more to look forward to. Sure, this game is almost going to be 3 years, but the game is only in its "toddler" ;) stage. If the Sims 5 DOES end up coming out, it will probably be a long time from now.
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
    edited March 2017
    Yes it's true, but with TS5 EA can do many gainings if TS5 will be good. (sorry for my english but i'm french :joy: )
    Lu4ERme.gif
    from how it looks now, i don't think there'll be a sims 5. they did downgrade some things, but most of the upgrades are taken up... they'd have to bring something completely new to ts5 that would draw attention or something. the whole "face-sculpting" thing is what had caught mine back in 2014.
    s7xTQov.gif
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I don't think they'd have to bring out something completely new for TS5 (I am not saying that I wouldn't want them to). If TS5 has CAS and building tools like TS4, creative freedom - CAW, CASt, Open World like TS3, wants and fears/memories like TS2, and the quirkiness of TS1, that would sell like hot cakes!
    oooh, good point! mixing things like that from each game is a great idea. ts5 should also allow even more traits for our sims than ts3 does.
    s7xTQov.gif
  • CharlotteRoganCharlotteRogan Posts: 33 Member
    I'd like to see an open world come back because I find this easier to work with!
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    What do you think we are going to see in the sims 5.

I would hope to see the ability to change the pitch of their voices in CAS, the way they walk and run, and especially...their height. Without cheating.
    Be safe.
    Yes i want TS5. TS5 will be a big game, maybe not... :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Milan14Milan14 Posts: 31 Member
    Nope. No open world. EA has proven they're not good with open worlds in a simulator game. The code for TS3 is an absolute nightmare and I doubt they could do it any better this time
  • tintinfootintinfoo Posts: 84 Member
    What do you guys think if The Sims 5 have gameplay like zelda breath of the wild?? Open world, the camera etc, Minus the fighting and monsters of course.

I think it will be cool!
  • BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    If you guys like Sims 3 so much, why don't you go play the Sims 3? I get that the Sims 4 isn't perfect, but wouldn't it be ridiculous if every game they put out was a replica of the previous iterations? I miss a ton of aspects from Sims 3, trust me. It just seems like a vocal majority of people on this site will never be satisfied because they set themselves up for failure. Always comparing. I remember people saying "bring back Sims 2" when Sims 3 came out. It's just a never ending cycle of unsatisfied people.

Some people like all the games (me) because I get something different from each of them. Every time I get upset that one does not have something that the other has, I take a step back and say - they are different games!

I am actually glad that Sims 4 has no open world and no CAS. I had that for years, time for something new and realistic. Swatches are nice. Some people are happy and please do not encourage the company to create a new game that everyone will complain about again. Continue with realistic suggestions (thank you guys for protesting for toddlers)!
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo