Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Did you know apartments with the "Great View" lot trait have an interaction with the windows that offer the great view so that the sim will look out of them, giving an energized moodlet.

Are you sure that's the name of the lot trait? I don't have a "Great View" lot trait in TS4. I have City Living, so I do have the lot traits that weren't patched in. I do remember having this in TS3, tho.

Hello @Livin in Sim
    The lot trait us " Great view" but it is a " locked" trait and so is only available in three apartments. It can't be added to other apartments or removed from the lots that it is already on.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    How to make a Larger Sims Inventory Box:: If you click on the middle top of the box and drag it up, the box becomes bigger showing more inventory items.

While this is neat, it doesn't make up for not having better filters to organize it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    How to make a Larger Sims Inventory Box:: If you click on the middle top of the box and drag it up, the box becomes bigger showing more inventory items.

While this is neat, it doesn't make up for not having better filters to organize it.

You can do this for the relationship tab too. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited March 2017
    Did you know apartments with the "Great View" lot trait have an interaction with the windows that offer the great view so that the sim will look out of them, giving an energized moodlet.

Are you sure that's the name of the lot trait? I don't have a "Great View" lot trait in TS4. I have City Living, so I do have the lot traits that weren't patched in. I do remember having this in TS3, tho.

Great View cannot be set or removed as it's tied to the apt shell's fixed windows. The Landgrab apartments has the trait on the apartment the Fengs live in.

Edit: looks like others answered this but on the next page for my forum view, sorry to repeat it!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Never knew that !
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    I discovered the option to choose between masc, feminine, or either gender for clothing. I remember The Sims twitter account announcing something about it, but I never looked into it until recently. It's so helpful! Some clothes meant for one gender look so cute on the other. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
    tiramisu6 wrote: »
    I discovered the option to choose between masc, feminine, or either gender for clothing. I remember The Sims twitter account announcing something about it, but I never looked into it until recently. It's so helpful! Some clothes meant for one gender look so cute on the other. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Hello
    This link may help you. It was written when the patch was released which enabled the clothing to be used by both genders
    https://simsvip.com/2016/06/03/the-sims-4-gender-identity-same-sex-pregnancy-unisex-clothing/
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2017
    @EmmaVane Have you heard of Dineout as being the last of Sims4?

Not sure where you heard that, but there's a Stuff Pack coming out later this month and nothing has been said anywhere of the end of game add-ons at all.

yep the sims 4 will continue.

I wish they did a better job with the expansion packs but it looks like they put more effort into game packs and stuff packs.

holiday celebration
    luxury party
    perfect patio
    cool kitchen
    Halloween pack
    movie hangout
    romantic garden
    kids room
    backyard stuff
    vintage glamor

10 stuff packs with more to come.

outdoor retreat
    spa day
    dine out
    vampires

get to work
    get together
    city living

people have been talking about a bowling stuff pack.

expansions have been very underwhelming at best for me.as with all the stuff packs might as well have been called the sims 4 store.
    if they did not have the premium items would they still be worth it?
    the butler and the drinks item only interested me the last one. its like that with most of them. romantic garden and the kids one are brilliant for me tho and I do love most of the cool kitchen.

not sure what's going to happen with expansion packs but you can bet the stuff/game packs will continue. even if they make 5 stuff/game packs out of 1 past expansion lol

seasons and supernatural and even pets have a lot of talk about turning into multiple packs.

maybe this is the plan to turn everything into smaller packs. I mean the expansions are just not big at all with this game. city living really shows this and so did get together but just not as much. tho get to work isn't too bad if your happy with three careers and the retail system.

anyway

no not heard anywhere that packs were to stop, especially since city living, vintage stuff and vampires have come out after dine out.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Great View cannot be set or removed as it's tied to the apt shell's fixed windows. The Landgrab apartments has the trait on the apartment the Fengs live in.

Edit: looks like others answered this but on the next page for my forum view, sorry to repeat it!

Oh, thanks, and to @rosemow as well. That makes sense, because not every dwelling does have a great view. I haven't gotten around to living in the more expensive apts of SM, so that will be something to which I can look forward.

Oh, thanks, and to @rosemow as well. That makes sense, because not every dwelling does have a great view. I haven't gotten around to living in the more expensive apts of SM, so that will be something to which I can look forward.

Hello @Livin in Sim
    I hope that your sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the very nice city views! :)
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited March 2017
    Did you know toddlers can interact with plants to play with them? It works for at least some of them (this certainly true with wild plants from Outdoor Retreat, but my toddlers became kids as part of the vacation so haven't checked in real gardens on my home lot). They interact pretty similarly to how they interact with cupboards, but instead of pans they have a small hand shovel.
    Post edited by starcrunch on
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @marcel21 You must just be going through all the posts and seen that.
    This was a very old post that I wrote, I was on a thread where alot of Sims 3 people disgruntled and upset about Sims 4 saying how bad it was then saying that it was going to end. I asked @Emmavane if she ever heard of it? In which she told me no she hadn't, so I took it they had made it up.

Myself, I love the Sims 4 and love the way they are doing it! We are getting many more things without having to pay lots for them as we did in Sims3. These things are coming in the Stuff pack and the game packs. I hope it goes on for a long time!
  • courtneysheacourtneyshea Posts: 57 Member
    I can't believe I'm just figuring this out but I just learned that you can plan multiple outfits and the sims change every day. Love it!
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    My sim visited a cafe and had ice cream, she turned blue, and started to shiver because of brain freeze!
    May we all chill like wizards
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'll just come out and say that this is the most beautiful thing ever! We all know vampires stop aging at Young Adult, but a sim does not. What happens then when a sim turns old and grey but the vampire still looks just as young as before? Well... in the case of Caleb Vatore, he declares his eternal love to the greying Kasumi right after she aged up. I just think that is the sweetest thing and a great addition to any storytelling.

m5y9siKl.png

Omg that is just too sweet :cry:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    This may have been said before but I found it hilarious. My child sim was talking to his sister and became angry and got the whim to take an angry poop.
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    Had my sim eat frank and beans before a date (heard about this one) and well she didn't stop throwing bum toots out and got all embarrassed
    May we all chill like wizards
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    Even if a door is locked a toddler can go through it to wake up an older sim if they have a nightmare.
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2017
    Its possible to make all stair types "float", without the walls around them.
    All it takes is to put one of the floating modern stairs, and then put a different type on top of it. It will get replaced by the new stair type, and there won't be any of the walls around it :o
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    edited March 2017
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »
    Its possible to make all stair types "float", without the walls around them.
    All it takes is to put one of the floating modern stairs, and then put a different type on top of it. It will get replaced by the new stair type, and there won't be any of the walls around it :o

I am not sure I am reading this correctly but, just take the sledgehammer in build mode and knock the wall out beneath the stairs and they are floating.

• vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I've noticed helicopters in the city doing roof landings. I like that a lot! I would still like to see them in the game the way that they were in the Sims 2 when the sims were able to own one and fly off in them.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top