Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Pets and what will it have to offer?

As most of you will know the Sims 4 creators are going to make the pet expansion pack. Coding was found and I've watched many videos about it, if it follows the tradition of the other Sims games pet release, it will be released October/September this year. What do you think it will include? It seems to look like horses will not be included unless there is a new world with the pack, but do you think many animals will be in this game, or a smaller variety than Sims 3?

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think pets will coming before October
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I hope so to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think if there are no horses, it breathes room for the creation of other (minor) animals.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I don't care about horses. But many simmers requested them for a verry loooog time...I hope they get it.

The Sims Game
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    I think if there are no horses, it breathes room for the creation of other (minor) animals.

I think if there's no horses it gives me hope for a full-scale farming pack.

I only hope that the kitties and puppies are as adorable as our toddlers are. Anything else Pets brings is bonus for me. I suppose I wouldn't mind bunnies too, though I never found the small pets much fun before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Emily13SimsFanEmily13SimsFan Posts: 86 Member
    thankyou guys for commenting
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm not sure if there will be horses. We would need a new world for it to be really worth it, to use them in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Maybe a new world will coming in the expansions pets? ...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there will be horses. We would need a new world for it to be really worth it, to use them in.
    Maybe a new world will coming in the expansions pets? ...

This is what I mean yes hopefully we will get a new world but maybe they'll just focus more on minor animals.
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    From what I've gathered from the survey that may or may not be official, minor pets might not really be featured in an upcoming EP? Since there was a survey option for a GP focusing on minor animals... maybe they want to separate them. Of course this is only speculation, and even if the surveys are official maybe there was some other reason for questioning whether we want to see minor animals even though they're being included in a Pets pack.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    EA seems to have taken a "If we split them up we can make more money and say it's a deeper game too" approach. So I wouldn't be that surprised if they were spliting them all up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    blugar44 wrote: »
    From what I've gathered from the survey that may or may not be official, minor pets might not really be featured in an upcoming EP? Since there was a survey option for a GP focusing on minor animals... maybe they want to separate them. Of course this is only speculation, and even if the surveys are official maybe there was some other reason for questioning whether we want to see minor animals even though they're being included in a Pets pack.

I have to say, I never found the smaller/minor pets to be more than an afterthought in the past. They didn't have personality, and you couldn't do much with them. I'd try them then just use cats and dogs. Maybe they're exploring the idea of whether we'd like more attention to them instead?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    blugar44 wrote: »

I have to say, I never found the smaller/minor pets to be more than an afterthought in the past. They didn't have personality, and you couldn't do much with them. I'd try them then just use cats and dogs. Maybe they're exploring the idea of whether we'd like more attention to them instead?

Yes I didnt find them too fun, like the birds and things were quite cool because they could fly about and you could teach them things but the other animals weren't as fun and interactive. I would love it if they would focus on the dogs and cats and develop them more or just develop a new world or new ideas and interaction for the base cats and dogs.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like to see a pet center, part pet store for pet items and part adoption center. There would also be a new Vet career and Groomer career. Your pets can be shampooed and brushed and have accessories added like ribbons, bows, collars and cute outfits that may match the owners outfit.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would like to see a pet center, part pet store for pet items and part adoption center. There would also be a new Vet career and Groomer career. Your pets can be shampooed and brushed and have accessories added like ribbons, bows, collars and cute outfits that may match the owners outfit.

Thats what I would like too! :-) New careers and little adoption or pet care centres.

You forgot pet costumes. You want them. You know you do.

costumes.jpg?itok=eDpkX-su
    And throw the stick.
    EA seems to have taken a "If we split them up we can make more money and say it's a deeper game too" approach. So I wouldn't be that surprised if they were spliting them all up.

Yes but i'm exausted to pay for each packs...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member

They have?
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    If horses were to be included, they would definitely have to add a new world that introduces open-world in TS4. Which would probably mean they'd have to make the paths super beautiful unless we can edit those paths ourselves.
    They should plan to introduce open-world for the whole game along with the release of Pets so it isn't limited to just riding on a horse.
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I have big expectations for pets, the last thing I want is for some people to not get what they're looking forward to in pets.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

They have?

Supernaturals??? Vampires???? Speculation about a witch pack????

giphy_1.gif
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

This sounds really good!! It would be cool if we could own a pet store too (retail) I.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

They already are. My Sims' TLC apartment has a couple of small, furry pets running around.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Costumes are always a plus in my book. What would be really funny is if they gave us a two sim horse costume. That would be hilarious.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

Omg they are so cute! Imagine having a pug with a little dinosaur costume on!