Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Francisco is on the Exchange

DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
After several years of heming and hawing, Ive decided to finish Sim Francisco. It has taken a loooong time.

There are however, some issues.

First, this is not a realistic depiction of San Francisco. At all. The scale forbids that. It is more of a caricature of that famous city.

Second, this is not a city for weak machines to try and play. I have a reasonably weak machine, and Ive packed it as full as I dare while keeping it running somewhat smooth. There are nearly 220 lots! Even so, there are large tracts of empty land, so if you run a modern powerhouse, you can add even more.

Third, there are a LOT of venues. Many multiples of just about any commercial venture. If you have serious issues running this map, some of them may be safely deleted.

Fourth, there is a map issue with one area close around the Dive. I do not know what caused it, but I am unable to click the ground in that vicinity. It is not game-breaking, just slightly annoying. Plus, there is a very annoying white square in the doorway of another club. It signifies a missing door mesh I think, but again is not game-breaking.

Fifth, there are no dive lots or houseboat ports. As I stated above, there are already more than enough lots on this map and any more would just not be feasible. If you like, there are some areas where Ports may be placed.

Sixth, since I built most of this several years ago, before boating and swimming in the ocean was possible, I made Oakland as an inaccessible scenery area. The buildings and roads are fake. If you go there you will be disappointed.

Finally, here is the link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9054698

As soon as I can figure out where my screenshots are located, I will attempt to put some here.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
Post edited by Docsprock on

Comments

• Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    Bravo, doc! I came out of retirement on this forum just to let you know I'm downloading it right now and will report any bugs I find.
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    DeuceyBaby wrote: »
    Bravo, doc! I came out of retirement on this forum just to let you know I'm downloading it right now and will report any bugs I find.

Great! Thank you! There are a few bugs I am aware of. Like, you cannot get to Alcatraz, but I never intended anyone to get there anyways.
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi Doc, I am very glad that you've decided to finish and upload SimFrancisco!! .... It's a great addition to my collection of fab Docsprock worlds and finally provides me with a fitting place to use my hangout Alcatraz ... (sorry I had to make the tough decision to bulldoze your lovely Rock ;) )

SimFrancisco20Alcatraz.jpg

Thanks for sharing another awesome world with the simming community! :D
  • Options
    Hidehi wrote: »
    Hi Doc, I am very glad that you've decided to finish and upload SimFrancisco!! .... It's a great addition to my collection of fab Docsprock worlds and finally provides me with a fitting place to use my hangout Alcatraz ... (sorry I had to make the tough decision to bulldoze your lovely Rock ;) )

SimFrancisco20Alcatraz.jpg

Thanks for sharing another awesome world with the simming community! :D

Wow, very nice! I had to abandon the finished Alcatraz due to CAW crashing whenever I worked on it. The whole thing was taxing my poor old computer too much. But your version of the island looks perfect! Well done!
  • Options
    I forgot how to post pics on this forum. The images above have been 'fixed'. :*
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Docsprock this really looks nice! You should consider posting a link to your screenshots in the General TS3 forum; since they've combined the 3 & 4 games I find a lot of people don't seem to make their way to this part of the forum any more. Hopefully the mods won't move it if you are just posting it as an FYI kind of thing and link to this thread.

I plan to download it and will check it out - not sure when, I have other TS3 projects going atm. But it's definitely on my radar! Thanks for sharing it.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Oh, I thought the mods frowned on that. But if I can get away with it, I may as well try. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Docsprock wrote: »
    Oh, I thought the mods frowned on that. But if I can get away with it, I may as well try. Thanks for the info!

If I were you, I'd pick some closely relevant thread and just 'mention it in passing'. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Ahhh, I get it. ;)
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Great idea and work! I like big cities in this game