Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    @Nomiko13 Thank you SOOO much for so many off my list! I got more gifts in the past 24 hours than I have my entire life playing sims 3 online lol. Also sending you a message regarding the "milking it dairy corral". I also want to thank @Misspegasus06 for my gifts. You guys are the BEST!!! <3
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    It's snowing!!! I love the snow!
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I've update my top 5 for DD that are coming and some cascades I've started working on! :)

@LissieBess I love snow too, but it never snows where I live. Compared to other countries, it looks like summer the entire year.
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I've update my top 5 for DD that are coming and some cascades I've started working on! :)

@LissieBess I love snow too, but it never snows where I live. Compared to other countries, it looks like summer the entire year.

Oh? Where do you live then? If you love the snow so much, maybe you should move closer to the Poles
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    LissieBess wrote: »

Oh? Where do you live then? If you love the snow so much, maybe you should move closer to the Poles
    I'll take a guess and say... Brazil!

And congratulations @LissieBess on the snow. We still have some here as well; saw snowfall just about a week ago or so. Luckily it was not heavy - no clearing snow for me! Yay! :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    As tough as it is to move snow, I don't really mind it. It's a good workout, and I think the pretty landscape is totally worth it.
    @LissieBess Hm, well, maybe... But I'm not too thrilled when you have over half a meter snow that needs clearing on a 30m driveway. Even with two people it takes hours, so as fun it is to see the newly fallen snow and relaxing it is to shovel it the first half-hour or so, the amount of time poured into it doesn't put it high on my "things I like to do"-list.
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen Oh ow! I see your point. A driveway that long would be quite a pain to shovel. Do you have a snowblower for that thing?
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    LissieBess wrote: »

I'll take a guess and say... Brazil!

And congratulations @LissieBess on the snow. We still have some here as well; saw snowfall just about a week ago or so. Luckily it was not heavy - no clearing snow for me! Yay! :smile:

You got it @LillaGrisen! I live in Brazil. Here only very few small mountain towns snow, but it is rare, and when it happens it's never more than this:
    2vdfxhi.jpg

You've shown a good point, at least here we don't need to deal with snow difficulties and we can just enjoy it when we're traveling away :D

Edit: I'd just improved some sentences.
    Post edited by jotajeje on
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Thank you so much, @Odonata68 and @charlotteprice for the gifts and helping me lower my CYS for Mother Russia! <3<3<3

I've updated my Top Five.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited March 2017
    Jahnna wrote: »
    LOl yeah. I have every piece of store content installed, every store world + Monte Vista + all the free stuff and only like 5-6 custom lots from the exchange and my downloads folder is just over 9GB big. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

@Jahnna LOL that's huge! I still dunno how to backup my files just yet but I bookmarked the thread/page on how to do it for when I do own the store.
    ZombieMew wrote: »
    Thank you @Nomiko13 for the gift. :D

You're so welcome @ZombieMew ! :) I hope you enjoy the gift!

@Kitiara you're so welcome, friend! <3

Updated my Top 5 here! I removed Le Cinema Plumbob because I forgot I already owned part of the non cys set (The movie screen) and realized it'd be cheaper for me to just get that Barrier System to lower my cys for the compilation it comes with. I only own 11% cys and it lowered my cys to around 700 sp. Hopefully getting that Barrier System will make it nearly free because all the other items don't have functioning product pages :sweat: An "Oops!" page pops up for each.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    So, it turns out that the Chrome browser is actively dumping support for Adobe Flash. The software has tons of reasons why it should have been retired years ago, but many legacy sites, including the Sims 3 Store, have little to no motivation to rewrite the site in HTML5, so it is still around. So for Chrome browsers, store ads are truly becoming almost impossible to get and will probably get rarer. The browser is actively blocking the software, whether you have ad blockers on or not. Flash in itself is not ad software, it is just being used that way here.

I found this out when I started getting a message in my address bar that the Flash plugin was being blocked. Allegedly it can be unblocked, but it isn't responding when I follow the steps provided on the Chrome message boards.

This change officially happened in December, which is consistent with when I noticed the change, since Chrome is my primary browser. This was also when Flash rolled out changes in all browsers and it stopped functioning completely in Safari on my Mac. Ironically, I still get ads in Chrome on MacOS. But on the Windows system I now need to manually click an icon in the address bar to run Flash before the ad logo will appear.

This doesn't explain why ads in general are sparse, but it is something to consider with the Chrome browser. Just thought I'd share.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Yeah, generally I like snow as well, but in the middle of a blizzard right now, so not so much.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hello everyone!

@JovialJoy you're welcome! I wasn't sure if you got it because the site seemed to glitch on me when sending it.

@Nomiko13 I need the barrier also for the set to be free. It used to show up on the weekly sales page all the time. I'm undecided whether I should buy it or wait until they fix the sales page, if they ever do. :/

@Jude525 I also use Chrome and this has been driving me crazy! I've tried other browsers but they're no better. I did get more ads with Chrome so I wanted to stick with that. I found this thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913676/flash-is-blocked-on-chrome-and-firefox#latest
    and these steps worked for me! I'm getting more ads but they all don't pay out. :/
    Hope this helps.
    @Jude525 what Odonata said :)

@Odonata68 I'm undecided as well on whether I should buy it or wait out my luck someone will gift it to me. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will accumulate more simpoints to snag it because since that ad drought for weeks, I've been dangerously low to the point where I was tempted to spend money on simpoints.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 It's too bad the specials don't work anymore, since the barrier system as well as the movie screen used to show up there quite often. But your MMAO's still working, right? Maybe you'll get lucky and snag a good deal with the barrier system in it! :relaxed:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @Nomiko13 I know how you feel. :( Even though Chrome isn't blocking ads anymore, the one's that play don't pay.
    I got a $25 gift card from my son for Christmas. I'm resisting buying sim points with it because I'm saving for a cash only world (Roaring Heights gold). I keep reading about various problems with the store and I'm kinda afraid they're just not going to spend anymore time on it. Like they're just hoping it'll fade into the sunset or something.
    I'm thinking about buying another cash card, getting RH gold which gives me another 1900 sim points. Then using the leftover money on the cash card and buy sim points.
    edited March 2017
    @Odonata68 thanks. It was the flag settings that made the message go away. I've never been to that part of Chrome before. I haven't gotten an ad yet, but the red blocking icon is gone, so fingers crossed.

As to the store, we have been reassured many times that they will not be pulling support any time soon. They don't seem to be in any rush to fix it, but they say they aren't shutting it down either. The fact that they migrated the site to their new servers really is a good sign. If they planned to close the store any time soon it would have made sense to just drop it before the migration. They would also be running a HUGE PR risk shutting it down anytime soon since they are still actively selling content. Although the possibility of them shutting down is actually an argument against buying points. Unless you really want a cash world to play now, which can usually be found on eBay for a fraction of the site price.

The reason I say this is because of the way they gave away TS2 Ultimate at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if they just opened up the store for free in the end. Farming for points is a fun hobby and I've enjoyed it. But spending real $$$ at this point is not something I'm going to do. I mean, I've got tons of content already. Over the years I've spent a grand total of $100 on store content, and half of that was before I'd discovered the cascades and Daily Deal rotation.

The only thing I paid cash for that I probably still might was Roaring Heights. But right now Walmart online has Standard for $19.99 without the 100 SP. So at that point you are paying $15 for the Boardwalk Attire set; and the points, which you can get free from ads. I think given these options now, I'd forego the clothing set and save the extra money. Just my humble....
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 thanks for your response. That makes me feel a bit better. :)
    So, just saw this over on the main forum thread for MMAO issues:

"Hi everyone,

If you posted in this thread letting us know Make Me An Offer was not working for you, please, check again as you should have access now. Thanks for your reports, and sorry for the inconvenience.

The team is still looking into this issue. If you know more people affected by this, please ask them to post here so they can fix their accounts as well.

Thanks everyone for your patience,
    EA_Mai
    " (Community Manager)

Of course, my account is still not fixed. I'm not saying it is because I trash talked EA a bit on that thread, but.....

So I have reposted my request. We'll see what happens. For anyone still waiting, the thread is located at Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Odonata68 I just checked and realized that Boardwalk Attire consists of a sum total of 4 outfits, 3 of which are in Teen and Adult versions. Not quite worth $15. I'm thinking WalMart is a really good idea.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jude525 wrote: »
    @Odonata68 I just checked and realized that Boardwalk Attire consists of a sum total of 4 outfits, 3 of which are in Teen and Adult versions. Not quite worth $15. I'm thinking WalMart is a really good idea.
    But... but the completionist in me... compels me...must have... four extra outfits... :confounded:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    So, just saw this over on the main forum thread for MMAO issues:

"Hi everyone,

If you posted in this thread letting us know Make Me An Offer was not working for you, please, check again as you should have access now. Thanks for your reports, and sorry for the inconvenience.

The team is still looking into this issue. If you know more people affected by this, please ask them to post here so they can fix their accounts as well.

Thanks everyone for your patience,
    EA_Mai
    " (Community Manager)

Of course, my account is still not fixed. I'm not saying it is because I trash talked EA a bit on that thread, but.....

So I have reposted my request. We'll see what happens. For anyone still waiting, the thread is located at Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

My MMAO is still not working either. Not like I need it now, just saying. :) They are as useless as one could be.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    But... but the completionist in me... compels me...must have... four extra outfits... :confounded:

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    ! ! ! LOL ! ! !
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Odonata68 On a sleepy whim yesterday (I get very goofy when I'm sleepy and sometimes I just do random things), I snagged the Barrier System and it only lowered my CYS to 220 sp.

@LillaGrisen my MMAO still works, but of all the times I've clicked, I've never seen the Barrier System show up. Sometimes the machine generates the same item I rejected moments before LOL but I ended up just snagging the item on a sleepy whim yesterday.

Lastly, I'd love to thank @Kitiara for gifting me a Top 5 item and an additional item off my WL. :love: I sincerely appreciate the gifts so much, Lori <3

Also, @SemaviLady thank you for you gift of the Sharper Sim’s Super Sleeper! I was just getting ready to update my Top 5 with it being #1 too! It wasn't on my WL for 30 minutes with a ninja like you around lurking around. Haha, thanks so much! Now, I own 27% CYS for the Futureshock Bedroom set and I think I'll be getting the set for free when it shows as DD item 962 this rotation!
    future10.png

Will be updating my Top 5 now! <3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg