Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Build Mode] EP03 City Living: Restore the building

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
@SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick @SimGuruEugi

Hi,

I would like a way to restore the wall of the building, for example :
  • Restore the wallpaper : Bulldozer tool or "Paint the room walls" feature changed the wallpaper outside
    1h9d2f03mn15.jpg
  • Restore the windows : There is a window I would like to add.
    tf6pzn4n9xq9.jpg

I tried bb.moveobjects and bb.enablefreebuild but the area is still locked.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    The outer walls of apartments are not editable. In other words, they are restricted! IMO this is really plum! :s
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    The outer walls of apartments are not editable. In other words, they are restricted! IMO this is really plum! :s

That was always the case with apartments, and it makes sense.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    ehaught58 wrote: »

That was always the case with apartments, and it makes sense.

In both TS2 and TS3 you could use a cheat to make all build tools available for you to use on apartments, and every aspect could be changed. It hasn't always been this way, and no actually it doesnt make a lick of sense.

Accepting these limitations tells Maxis it's ok to limit us in the future. I don't agree with that, and I don't agree with the way apartments are designed. What could have been a really useful feature is now entirely pointless. You can't build your own, you are stuck with the small selection of terrible looking apartments Maxis provides. Would have definitely preferred buildable apartments, even if they needed to keep the ones in the city attached to a shell they should have made apartments a feature players can use in other worlds.

Will we see apartments again? Probably not. The only thing we see over and over again in Sims 4 is the content that came with the base game, and new food. They missed their mark here, and they couldn't seem to care less about that.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2017
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Oh wow are those mistakes made by Maxis? I've never noticed them, but then again I haven't spent much time in the buildings pictured. I'm currently renovating all City Living apartments starting from Spice District and making my way around.

I wish we could at least edit the building's hallways. They look so out of place in relation to my apartment renovation styles.
    edited March 2017
    @taydev @SimGuruNick

I started a new game, San Myshuno is by default like my previous post.

I read a tweet which said The Sims Studio can't edit the world stored in the savegame, they can only fix the default world.

How laughable. When you restrict build mode, the very least they could have done was make sure these shells were completed. The city world was the biggest world they've done according to them, and quite frankly it's a sloppy mess.

Maybe next time they'll allow players to use the game's features so mishaps like this can be corrected, because as is this cannot be fixed.
    edited March 2017
    Missing window and wrong wallpaper (Hakim House Apartments)

11-03-10.jpg

Missing windows and door, at the neighbor apartment (ZenView Apartments)

11-03-11.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Wow...that's just pure laziness. And then the devs wonder why so many people are disappointing in the game. Good God...if they can't be bothered to even finish the basics building aspect themselves....then why should be pay for a half finished EP??
    @thevogel

It's not laziness, the most of thing is well done, just they made some small mistakes like the most of CC creators.

Keep in mind they are humans, nobody is perfect.

• thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    @thevogel

It's not laziness, the most of thing is well done, just they made some small mistakes like the most of CC creators.

Really? I never said they weren't Human or capable of mistakes. But come on! If they are going to limit all the building aspects of this game and then make errors like this, which are glaringly obvious, and I might add, you took the time to point out.... I, like many others, will just not continue to financial support it.

I come to the forums, hoping to see some good news about this game.... and then i see something like this...and it's just disappointment all over again.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I have the window problem in hakim house, it really annoys me.
    giphy_1.gif
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    thevogel wrote: »
    @thevogel

Really? I never said they weren't Human or capable of mistakes. But come on! If they are going to limit all the building aspects of this game and then make errors like this, which are glaringly obvious, and I might add, you took the time to point out.... I, like many others, will just not continue to financial support it.

I come to the forums, hoping to see some good news about this game.... and then i see something like this...and it's just disappointment all over again.

It took them almost a YEAR to make it, this is no excuse.....
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited November 2017
    idk if anyone has noticed this, but when you load out of this apartment, it's doors and windows seem to be missing.
    c6453bb2c72074115eb9813b5e2170e7.png
    Also has anyone notice in some apartments when you bulldoze it and some wallpaper goes missing from the outside? Bulldozing also leaves wallpaper inside behind, which is kind of odd.
    idk if anyone has noticed this, but when you load out of this apartment, it's doors and windows seem to be missing.
    c6453bb2c72074115eb9813b5e2170e7.png
    Also has anyone notice in some apartments when you bulldoze it and some wallpaper goes missing from the outside? Bulldozing also leaves wallpaper inside behind, which is kind of odd.

Apartments in Sims 4 are terrible.
  • DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    and the floating car in spice market, anyone notice that?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    [quote="drake_mccarty;c-15372555"][quote="SimFan298;15368355"][quote="ehaught58;15360932"]The outer walls of apartments are not editable. In other words, they are restricted! IMO this is really plum! :s [/quote]

That was always the case with apartments, and it makes sense.[/quote]

In both TS2 and TS3 you could use a cheat to make all build tools available for you to use on apartments, and every aspect could be changed. It hasn't always been this way, and no actually it doesnt make a lick of sense.

Accepting these limitations tells Maxis it's ok to limit us in the future. I don't agree with that, and I don't agree with the way apartments are designed. What could have been a really useful feature is now entirely pointless. You can't build your own, you are stuck with the small selection of terrible looking apartments Maxis provides. Would have definitely preferred buildable apartments, even if they needed to keep the ones in the city attached to a shell they should have made apartments a feature players can use in other worlds.

Will we see apartments again? Probably not. The only thing we see over and over again in Sims 4 is the content that came with the base game, and new food. They missed their mark here, and they couldn't seem to care less about that. [/quote]

You're right, they need to stop making those half baked products. I'll never be able to build my trailer park... It seems that city living is not anexo apartment expansion pack, but some type of street and karaokê expansion pack!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    I actually like CL. It's the only EP that gave us a city for us urban dwellers. However, I beg to differ that the work on City Living wasn't shoddy.

Exhibit A:

OLJE05F.jpg

I know that the above isn't an apartment building. Yet, it's an egregious error that comes from the same EP.

Who? WHO? would only put one chair at each table?!

The QA for the Sims series is becoming worse and worse.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ElsieElsie Posts: 13 New Member
    Will these ever get patched? I missing windows as well.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    It has been well over a year since this thread pointed out these problems with CL, and still nothing has been done to fix it!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Some of the outside wallpaper also went missing in the Landgraab Apartments after bulldozing the IX Landgraab apartment.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2018
    Humans that made EIGHT texture/exterior mistakes and have yet to fix these MINOR issues after a YEAR has passed. What are the odds :open_mouth: ? Nah, let's just forgive. They might forget about this mistake and not just make a priority patch fix over a SMALL thing that is really IRRITATING to the eye. Are you still gonna let expansion pack dev team pass on this :) After all, they are humans that should be forgiven with many inperfections that they could just not give a flipping plump in redeeming themselves.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Humans that made EIGHT texture/exterior mistakes and have yet to fix these MINOR issues after a YEAR has passed. What are the odds :open_mouth: ? Nah, let's just forgive. They might forget about this mistake and not just make a priority patch fix over a SMALL thing that is really IRRITATING to the eye. Are you still gonna let expansion pack dev team pass on this :) After all, they are humans that should be forgiven with many inperfections that they could just not give a flipping plump in redeeming themselves.

Actually most human nature is to fix their mistakes so they can be forgiven for making them - has been my experience. As once one learns they have royally messed up or even minorly messed up - their inclination is to fix the problem and not leave it glaringly obvious they messed up. In fact most jobs I have ever had it is a rule - own up to your error - fix it on your own time, not company time - and then apologize for creating any public distress. Then and only then do most companies find mess-ups (otherwise known as human error) acceptable.

The public should not be expected to just shrug and accept shoddy work for things they pay for. Especially from a public company.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....