Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Oh you guys are so sweet, @masajo and @faithofkaela What you said truly means a lot to me:) thank you so much.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @BuildnShare Does the home have to have four bedrooms? I'm unclear because in the storyline it says three or four (which is what I was remembering when building-lol) but the description below that says four. The house will work either way but I'll need to do some remodeling for four bedrooms.

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2017
    Oops!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2017
    @BuildnShare Does the home have to have four bedrooms? I'm unclear because in the storyline it says three or four (which is what I was remembering when building-lol) but the description below that says four. The house will work either way but I'll need to do some remodeling for four bedrooms.
    Four bedrooms @JasonAnthonySterling, 3 or 4 bathrooms :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Thanks!
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CC190BB9051711E7810208DC26747F24?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=low & behold&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 99,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/JVHRp
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used a floor plan from eplans (I think) for this build as I wasn't really sure what Low country style was. While most of the pictures I seen were either on stilts or foundations were full storey height I really liked this house so I went with it anyway. Hopefully its still low country enough.
    I had a lot of problems with the roofing. originally the garage roof had 9 pieces but whenever I tried to wallpaper them the game crashed so I ended up having to just use the criss-crossed 2 pieces which doesn't look anywhere as good but was the only way forward. Just wondering has anyone else had issues like this with the roofs?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: oyYd6Bi.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Low Country Family Home
    LOT COST: 2500.00
    BUILD COST: 97165.00
    TOTAL COST: 99665.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/yOins
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built on the Tranquil Crescent lot in Newcrest 30 X 30. It has 4 bedrooms - 1 master suite, 1 toddler nursery, one child's room and one teen's room. Master suite and bath are on lowest level with gym and toddler room. French doors open onto swimming pool which is shaded under large back, 2nd story porch. Front door opens to middle level which has kitchen and open u-shaped living room, front hall and dining room with bar. Upper floor has teen and child's bedrooms and two full baths. Kitchen has French doors which open to back porch, which has table and grill and room to spare. I am very new at this and have never taken screenshots or used imgur before, so....it might not look very professional....but thanks for having this challenge. It was fun and I learned how to build a roof in different sections so you can access the rooms below easily. Yay! (and I really hope I'm posting this in the right place!)

SIM: N/A

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:i.imgur.com/LsR21wD.png,i.imgur.com/xmePQLB.png - they say I haven't been here long enough to post links.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LOT: Low Country Family Home
    LOT COST: 2500.00
    BUILD COST: 97165.00
    TOTAL COST: 99665.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/yOins
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built on the Tranquil Crescent lot in Newcrest 30 X 30. It has 4 bedrooms - 1 master suite, 1 toddler nursery, one child's room and one teen's room. Master suite and bath are on lowest level with gym and toddler room. French doors open onto swimming pool which is shaded under large back, 2nd story porch. Front door opens to middle level which has kitchen and open u-shaped living room, front hall and dining room with bar. Upper floor has teen and child's bedrooms and two full baths. Kitchen has French doors which open to back porch, which has table and grill and room to spare. I am very new at this and have never taken screenshots or used imgur before, so....it might not look very professional....but thanks for having this challenge. It was fun and I learned how to build a roof in different sections so you can access the rooms below easily. Yay! (and I really hope I'm posting this in the right place!)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Sure!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    LsR21wD.png
    xmePQLB.png

i.imgur.com/LsR21wD.png,i.imgur.com/xmePQLB.png - they say I haven't been here long enough to post links.

Here you go, @Ainsleyf ! Great work, by the way. And I have to say there is an awful lot of awesomeness going on on this thread right now! :smiley:

Thank You!!!!!
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    @BuildnShare I edited my post because I built the bedroom entry last minute.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @BuildnShare - I'm taking my entry off of the official list, I'm a bedroom down D'oh!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    I have to say there are some gorgeous builds here...I concede to a lot of folks' superior room decorating abilities. Fantastic stuff.
    @kezflake Congrats! Zer0Doxy has chosen your build as her overall favorite Sims4 build! Please contact ISHTARJMD for how to claim your prize!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many thanks @BuildnShare for arranging the live streaming, thoroughly enjoyed watching this and seeing all the builds. Big congrats to @kezflake for being the favourite in S4, a very beautiful build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: Beechwood

LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 97,472
    TOTAL COST: 99,972
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/38gqE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Low Country style family house with a modern twist. Coastal colour scheme of coral and sea blue/green with natural wood panelling to give a light, airy and breezy feel. Placed in Willow Creek neighbouring Jesus' house. Fully landscaped gardens with pond at the front, rear patio with bbq dining and swimming pool plus a separate area for the future children.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

OaSSaXD.png

Oj0C1G3.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
    Low Country Beauty

FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LOT: Low Country Beauty- Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8FB7F2D9077C11E78DC8E48ABC225458?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tonysterling&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 96985
    TOTAL COST: 99,985
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1207037296078359

ENTRY DETAILS: A traditional style done for the current day. This is a four bedroom/ three bath home. The colors are kept soft and muted but not necessarily light- such as using darker flannel grays and cream sickle orange to promote a restful environment. Toward this end clutter and distraction on the walls has also been restrained. As is typical with this style most of the home is on the first floor where the living/dining/ fully equipped kitchen/ casual dining/ two guest bedroom and two baths are located. There's a central hall, also a hallmark of traditional colonial era style, running from front to back that provides a grand entrance and ample room for parties. Being that they are up and coming attorneys I figure they'll need room to entertain. I placed a corner sink in the kitchen to take advantage of the view of the beautiful pool and back yard while washing up.

The three first floor bedrooms are destined for future children and perhaps a nanny or butler. As such their decor is kept low in anticipation of their future use and the two rooms on the right side of the structure looking from the front are connected by a "Jack and Jill" bath. The second floor is tucked into the space under the roof and built into a modern addition on the back. There's a small artist nook/ work out area/ computer and a luxurious master bath. An upstairs balcony provides an area for meditation. The exterior is fully landscaped with a pool and outdoor entertaining space. There's also a large yard to next to the pool/entertaining space for future children's activities.

SIM: None
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

3tPxZ9Z.png

nnxjxrx.png

My Sims Community article featuring the kitchen in this build: http://simscommunity.info/2017/03/12/sims-4-building-corner-sink/

My Youtube Tutorial outlining the method for building the working corner sink in this kitchen: https://youtu.be/np3uk4jxZXA
    @JasonAnthonySterling It's absolutely lovely. I really like the pink and grey living room and the landscaping is perfect.
    @Ainsleyf Thank-you!
    How is everyone getting on with #BnS64?? Only one more day to go until we close it down.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: rostrijodu
    LOT: Not-So-Low Country
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 96,992
    TOTAL COST: 99,992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Designed in the traditional Low Country style, this elevated home would be perfect in a southern or coastal setting where cool breezes are desired, yet flooding is not. Featuring three bedrooms - a guest room, a child's room big enough for two, and a nursery - and two and a half baths on the main floor, the home also contains an open-concept kitchen/dining room which leads directly into a family room filled with plenty of games and books, as well as a big screen tv and fireplace. Beyond the kitchen, there is a mudroom that leads out onto a covered porch, which, in turn, overlooks a built-in pool. On the second floor is the master suite, which features a private office and gym, as well as a dressing room and a luxurious, top-of-the-line, spa-quality bath.

SIM : Dream & Michael Ryunoten
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Michael and Dream are a well-respected, trendy couple on the rise; however, the thought of expanding their family sounds just about ideal as well and with their brand new, Low Country-inspired home, they will be able to do just that!

ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

rLVn3Vz.png

h8dufSH.png
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: Coastal View Gallery Link :https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A6F763E208E911E78F45797C9B87A6EC?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=coastal view&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:3000
    BUILD COST:96886
    TOTAL COST: 99886
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/qNMP7
    ENTRY DETAILS: So here goes....my first entry for Sims 4 BnS (having previously done a few entries for Sims 3 BnS) Coastal View is a charming 4 bedroom family home designed in a low country style with raised platform. Steps lead up to a wrap around decking on this brick and timber frame house. The house consists on the ground floor of living room, study/art room, kitchen/dining, utility/gym room and downstairs bathroom. Also on this floor is the guest suite with adjoining bathroom and glass doors leading onto the decking. Upstairs there are a further 3 bedrooms, family bathroom and ensuite off the master bedroom. Outside there is a good sized swimming pool and paved area great for al fresco dining.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: rjIwKsO.png
    http://i.imgur.com/rjIwKsO.png[/img]
    http://i.imgur.com/ZVsJts7.pngZVsJts7.png

Wow, I'm so impressed with how creative people are. I need to stop building and go check our everyone's slide shows. This is really spectacular. I would live in any one of these...happily.
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: golden_glow
    ORIGIN ID: golden_glow
    LOT: https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C1B62A8709C611E78A6972B6FB7B04D7
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $96,293
    TOTAL COST: $99,293
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/QgpZB
    ENTRY DETAILS: This low country build features a basement gym, outdoor pool and ground floor master suite. The pool has a safety fence surrounding it for when the little ones arrive. There is also a nursery, kids room and guest bedroom. The gym has one way windows looking into the pool so it feels less like a basement. I've included a computer nook in the kitchen as I imagine they are extremely happy with their offices that they won't often take work home. I've made sure the master suite is a place of luxury, featuring a screened porch with an easel, a dressing area and a large master bathroom.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES: VlPtDaL.png
    Challenge #64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home is now officially closed

Good luck to everyone who entered :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2017
    #65 The Hawthorne Project - Part 3

Well, this is surely easier than the last time I received an email from The Hawthorne Project. You cast your mind back to when Rose had left and you hadn’t met the man who had recommended his sister as the next recipient of the foundation and gone on to take over from the irreplaceable Rose.

Hello there my dear,

I hope that this email finds you well. I just wanted to thank you again for your help with the Disaster Plan that we managed to action for those poor unfortunate souls in Oasis Springs. I have enclosed the application form for the next recipient. The poor little thing is really deserving of our help.

With kindest regards, Ms Hawthorne

“Well, I wasn’t expecting a personal email from the lady herself.” You think to yourself as you open up the attached file. You find yourself looking at a photo of a young man, with his belongings on a street corner, it looks like a tourist snap that was taken at just the right spot to capture the moment completely. He looks so bereft and dejected, that you wonder how on earth he had the wherewithal to contact The Hawthorne Project.

You continue to scan the documents.

“Hi, I am writing to you, because I met this young man last week. He is a former soldier who has recently been made homeless. I noticed the regiment badge on his backpack as we were waiting for a bus and being a military man myself we got chatting. It turns out he suffers with PTSD, his wife left him and took the house and his children, he has a son and a daughter, who are both in elementary school. He has been living rough for a couple of months, he likes to ride the buses and people watch. I believe that he has been dealt a tough hand in life and that it’s up to those more fortunate to help out if and when they can. I saw the leaflet for The Hawthorne Project flier and immediately thought of Dave, so that’s why I am applying. Thank you for taking the time to read my application.”

You find that there is a lump in your throat as you finish reading the form. Dave is certainly in need of some help. You head out into the lobby to grab a tissue from Karl’s desk.

“I’m guessing you read the latest Hawthorne application?” You ask him.

“I did, and all I can say is I think Ms Hawthorne should be up for a Sainthood.” is his reply.

“I think you might be right.” But you can’t help thinking of all the other unfortunates who must be in similar or even worse conditions than Dave Potter and you have to believe that the world is going to change for the better one day.

Heading back into your office, you sit at your desk and notice a post script to Ms Hawthorne’s email.

As Mr Potter has children, I would think that it would be relevant to allow him the funding as per a Sim with children living with them full time. My hope is that Mr Potter be able to rehabilitated back into a functioning member of society with access to his two children. Therefore, the budget for this project should be $40,000 as per the guidelines for a home for three Sims.

The Brief:

A 3 bedroom home, you have free reign on how the house is built, landscaped, laid out etc.

Must include: a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment (must be an item that improves the fitness skill) and a bookcase.

The budget must not exceed 40,000.

Sim Challenge:

Create Dave Potter, he is an active but gloomy. His final trait and aspiration are of course up to you. You should show Dave interacting with his new environment.

Room Challenge:

Create a gym for Dave, your budget for this room is 7,500. It should be no larger than 20 squares in total, this does not need to be in a square.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 65 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 3
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS65

The deadline for this challenge is 29th March 2017

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top