Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    A_Culler wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but Sims 4 vampires seem to be some of the most pathetic "immortals" ever. My vampire sims have gotten diseases and died from electrocution. Sunlight and fire are understandable as they are pretty classic vampire weaknesses, but electrocution? Can they drowned and die from emotions too? That's hardly immortal.
    Hello
    Simmers in this link thread have been testing what vampires can die from. They can't seem to die from emotions
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/911205/how-can-sims-vampires-die
  • LacareLacare Posts: 2,599 Member
    I'm having the "exhausted" glitch as well like others! Vampires are constantly tired even though the game recognizes them as vampires!
    Lacare wrote: »
    I'm having the "exhausted" glitch as well like others! Vampires are constantly tired even though the game recognizes them as vampires!

Hello @Lacare
    Try doing the workaround in this thread on the AHQ EA site and see if it helps the issue in your game
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/m-p/5842823#M33468
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I only bought the game pack a few days ago and played with my first vampire yesterday when the following happened: I went to town with him to use his powers and fill up the purple skill bar a bit, it worked quite well and I even unlocked a few power points, but when he returned home, the points were gone, and so was his progress on the skill bar. This has only happened to me once and never again (or at least not that I noticed), but I've only been playing Vampires for one day, so who knows.

Something else: My vampire household consists of the vampire himself, a scientist that I accompany to work every day, and another guy who is supposed to write a book to raise the daily income a little. Needless to say, this family requires me to travel to other worlds with single sims a lot, but doing so seems to completely reset the writer's progress every time. I'm not sure if this bug is really caused by Vampires, but I've never encountered it before, and I've been playing with a writer in another family for quite a while.
    I only bought the game pack a few days ago and played with my first vampire yesterday when the following happened: I went to town with him to use his powers and fill up the purple skill bar a bit, it worked quite well and I even unlocked a few power points, but when he returned home, the points were gone, and so was his progress on the skill bar. This has only happened to me once and never again (or at least not that I noticed), but I've only been playing Vampires for one day, so who knows.

Something else: My vampire household consists of the vampire himself, a scientist that I accompany to work every day, and another guy who is supposed to write a book to raise the daily income a little. Needless to say, this family requires me to travel to other worlds with single sims a lot, but doing so seems to completely reset the writer's progress every time. I'm not sure if this bug is really caused by Vampires, but I've never encountered it before, and I've been playing with a writer in another family for quite a while.

Hello
    I am sorry that you had the issue where your vampire lost the points and the skill progress, I hope that it doesn't occur again in your game.

With the issue with the loss of your writer's prgogress, it can occur when there is a loading screen,

You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Resume-Writing-starts-over-after-travelling/td-p/4031736
  • SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

"Share Vampire Knowledge" should not be autonomous as it can affect things in ways the player doesn't want. So if you guys can turn off autonomy on that interaction, then it would help players to control the way vampires are circulating in their game.

Please get rid of psychic sim abilities. What do I mean by that? You have a sim in a room all alone and the player queues a vampire to compel a drink and it is not uncommon for other sims in the house to "See What's Happening." If they aren't in the room when it happens, then they should be clueless that it happens.

Hi @Master_Steerpike looking into the issues. Is there a Gallery Lot where the compelling was spotted from another room?
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

"Share Vampire Knowledge" should not be autonomous as it can affect things in ways the player doesn't want. So if you guys can turn off autonomy on that interaction, then it would help players to control the way vampires are circulating in their game.

Please get rid of psychic sim abilities. What do I mean by that? You have a sim in a room all alone and the player queues a vampire to compel a drink and it is not uncommon for other sims in the house to "See What's Happening." If they aren't in the room when it happens, then they should be clueless that it happens.

Hi @Master_Steerpike looking into the issues. Is there a Gallery Lot where the compelling was spotted from another room?

Hi @ Master_Steerpike. Having looked into the "Sharing Vampire Knowledge" issue this seems to be working As Designed. Can you provide more clarity as to what is meant by "can affect things in ways the player doesn't want". I just want to get a full picture of the problems it is causing. Thank you for any extra info you can provide.
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

@SimQAMadacat I have had this happen (when playing the Mikaelson's in that save file that you have) sometimes when a vampire was compelling a drink upstairs, sims from downstairs wanted to "See What's Happening."
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

Hi @ Master_Steerpike. Having looked into the "Sharing Vampire Knowledge" issue this seems to be working As Designed. Can you provide more clarity as to what is meant by "can affect things in ways the player doesn't want". I just want to get a full picture of the problems it is causing. Thank you for any extra info you can provide.

@SimQAMadacat I figured that it was as designed, but that doesn't mean it is a good design. I have noticed in game play that my sims impart this "Vampire Lore" knowledge freely with vampires and non-vampires. I have been running households where each vampire has one human sim to feed from, but some sims are earmarked to become vampires and by gaining the "Vampire Lore" skill before conversion, they lose out on what gaining that skill afterward would have given them as vampire experience. I saw that with Tristan and Aurora DeMartel after they converted once I had finished Lucien Castle (my "Trinity to Be" household in the gallery). And I just had Rebekah Mikaelson convert a sim which had been being used for vampire feeding into a vampire and he already had 15 Vampire Lore Skill and now he won't be able to gain any vampire experience learning Vampire Lore.

The other issue would be where Vampire Lore exists vampires are more prone to show up. Some players may wish to keep them segregated away from certain lots.
  • ThatVocaloidGirlThatVocaloidGirl Posts: 105 Member
    The only glitch that I found was quite amusing to me. I was playing with a non-vampire sim and (I forgot this name) was trying to break in. I had my front door locked and I kinda just sat there watching him do poses and trying to unlock the door. Though after I was like "I wonder if he'll just walk in if I unlock it." he walked in and I quickly locked the bedroom door before he got in. Though weirdly enough he was able to unlock it. I was fine with this but I personally thought this was pretty funny because while he's standing there, you can't speed up time, so for about 4 hours he was just standing there trying to be creepy.
    2794070.jpg
    Orgin ID: animedemigod
    Packs owned: City life, Get together, Get to work, Vampire
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

@SimQAMadacat I have had this happen (when playing the Mikaelson's in that save file that you have) sometimes when a vampire was compelling a drink upstairs, sims from downstairs wanted to "See What's Happening."
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

@SimQAMadacat I figured that it was as designed, but that doesn't mean it is a good design. I have noticed in game play that my sims impart this "Vampire Lore" knowledge freely with vampires and non-vampires. I have been running households where each vampire has one human sim to feed from, but some sims are earmarked to become vampires and by gaining the "Vampire Lore" skill before conversion, they lose out on what gaining that skill afterward would have given them as vampire experience. I saw that with Tristan and Aurora DeMartel after they converted once I had finished Lucien Castle (my "Trinity to Be" household in the gallery). And I just had Rebekah Mikaelson convert a sim which had been being used for vampire feeding into a vampire and he already had 15 Vampire Lore Skill and now he won't be able to gain any vampire experience learning Vampire Lore.

The other issue would be where Vampire Lore exists vampires are more prone to show up. Some players may wish to keep them segregated away from certain lots.

I think the reason why the sims go up there is because they might hear a noise and decide to go investigate it but i do agree that they shouldn't be able to see it if they're not in the room.
    2794070.jpg
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
    BELLABOO96 wrote: »
    Is anyone having a clash with vampires and city living? My food stalls seem to hire vampires during daylight hours and the game lets them burn to death in the communal area.

that happens to me but I personally find it funny.

2794070.jpg
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

@SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what we needed to know.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @SimMommy05 She does have the withered stomach but has never eaten human food. She isn't pregnant no, and I tried to give her medicine for it but she didn't need it :/ It's almost like there's something evil in her that's trying to get out! :worried:

Souds like my female vamp. After baby delivery, she is turned into vamp from human. She autonomously keeps taking her child's human food. It could be her gluten trait. I need to changed it to other one.

• Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    edited March 2017
    @SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

@SimQAMadacat

Couple of other issues:

Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what we needed to know.

@SimQAMadacat You're welcome for the feedback.

I just noticed another bug. I decided to make the Mikaelson's more powerful and have returned to playing them and I noticed that the stat "Sims Turned Into Vampires" is not working properly. Niklaus and Kol have each turned three and it shows zero. Rebekah has turned two and Elijah has turned one and it shows zero.

What might be relevant here: The turning was under player direction handling the target rather than direct control of them at the time.

On a related note, it seems these relationships are subject to culling. I suggest the vampiric offspring be handled differently. What I suggest is that they get listed in the genealogy possibly with a different color to denote that it is not biological. So for example Lucien Castle would be listed as offspring to Niklaus Mikaelson (it would reflect in both of their trees) and any vampires turned by them would be added - thus would we have our vampiric bloodlines. These relationships would/should be exempt from culling.

Post edited by Master_Steerpike on
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2017
    just noticed this, i decided to make a new family for my game i saved them to my library, when i went to my save game to put in a household into the game i pick the family but when i was in cas with them there relationships had just gone to roommates i did pick mother, father , and put the kids relationships in. but it changed when i used them from my library
    just noticed this, i decided to make a new family for my game i saved them to my library, when i went to my save game to put in a household into the game i pick the family but when i was in cas with them there relationships had just gone to roommates i did pick mother, father , and put the kids relationships in. but it changed when i used them from my library

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue. If you have issues changing them back when in cas, this is a link to relationship cheats to restore their relationships .
    The last cheat in the section refers to family relationships
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships
  • XskyeXXskyeX Posts: 22 Member
    Hello everyone! I've noticed another glitch about the vampires, as well.

In one of my save files, I have a mixed couple of one being human and another being a vampire. While playing as the human sim, they receive a text asking if they can come over because the vampire sim has an important question. Some time passes and the vampire sim offers the human sim a chance to be turned, and after clicking on the option to accept, the action does not happen and the sims return to the usual autonomous behavior, then following to the vampire sim asking again and consistently repeating. Eventually the actions have stopped and I've reset both sims, but hopefully this post has brought the issue to light if it is unknown.
    XskyeX wrote: »

In one of my save files, I have a mixed couple of one being human and another being a vampire. While playing as the human sim, they receive a text asking if they can come over because the vampire sim has an important question. Some time passes and the vampire sim offers the human sim a chance to be turned, and after clicking on the option to accept, the action does not happen and the sims return to the usual autonomous behavior, then following to the vampire sim asking again and consistently repeating. Eventually the actions have stopped and I've reset both sims, but hopefully this post has brought the issue to light if it is unknown.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue in your game. Has the human sim been asked again to turn and if so, was it done correctly that time without issues?
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue in your game. Has the human sim been asked again to turn and if so, was it done correctly that time without issues?

Yes the sim has been asked again, but the action has not followed through, unfortunately.
    edited March 2017

Hello

Yes the sim has been asked again, but the action has not followed through, unfortunately.

If you have any cc/mods in your game, move the mods folder to the desktop. Then have your human sim ask the other sim to turn them and see if the issue remains,

Hello

If you have any cc/mods in your game, move the mods folder to the desktop. Then have your human sim ask the other sim to turn them and see if the issue remains,

Okay, I've removed my cc folder from my documents and ran the first test on the human sim. The request was denied the first time, so I tried to get the sims to talk more before having the human sim ask again, but it was denied once more. So I switched to the vampire sim and then noticed that their Vampire Energy bar was extremely low (Which most likely may have been why the human sim was denied the first couple times) so I brought their energy bar back up, offered the human sim to be turned, and the action was completed.

I then put the cc folder back in my documents and did the same as before. The human's request was accepted and he was turned, and when playing as the vampire, the offer was accepted and the human was turned.

So I suppose it was mostly a matter of the energy bar being low. The vampire's AI possibly did not acknowledge the needs bar and slightly glitched the action to it's entirety.

Hello

Okay, I've removed my cc folder from my documents and ran the first test on the human sim. The request was denied the first time, so I tried to get the sims to talk more before having the human sim ask again, but it was denied once more. So I switched to the vampire sim and then noticed that their Vampire Energy bar was extremely low (Which most likely may have been why the human sim was denied the first couple times) so I brought their energy bar back up, offered the human sim to be turned, and the action was completed.

I then put the cc folder back in my documents and did the same as before. The human's request was accepted and he was turned, and when playing as the vampire, the offer was accepted and the human was turned.

So I suppose it was mostly a matter of the energy bar being low. The vampire's AI possibly did not acknowledge the needs bar and slightly glitched the action to it's entirety.

Hello
    Thankyou for posting the results of your testing. It sounds like the issue was a result of the low vampire energy bar.

Hello

Hello
    Thankyou for posting the results of your testing. It sounds like the issue was a result of the low vampire energy bar.

And thank you for helping! I appreciate it very much. :)
  • HanaNoKamisamaHanaNoKamisama Posts: 1 New Member
    My vampire sims even the npc ones all get hungry for human food. Like they have the hunger need without it being visible.

Hello

Hello

And thank you for helping! I appreciate it very much. :)

You're welcome :)