Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pond & Sea Water Overhaul

VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
It’s me again, with another random thing I created and I want to mention it here as it seems useful :) I made the pond and sea water to look like the one in Castaway Stories (the one visible from non-beach lots as well), and also the ocean water on beach lots so it looks more natural and less transparent. The mod can be downloaded here :)

MTS_Voeille-1663950-0.jpg

MTS_Voeille-1663956-6.jpg

MTS_Voeille-1663969-19.jpg

MTS_Voeille-1663972-22.jpg
“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
Simblr (my TS2 CC)
MTS Profile

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

That looks Awesome~ Thanks so much for Sharing it. :mrgreen:
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Wow-that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I will be sure to bookmark it and add it to my game when I get a chance. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Wow! Awesome! Thank you for sharing your work, much appreciated! Downloaded. :)
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    That is so beautiful ;)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    how does it work and where do i put the mod
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited February 2017
    The mod replaces TS2 water shader with modified Castaway shader (I had to modify it a bit so it actually works in TS2). However, considering the differences between those two games I sadly had to slave pond reflections and reflections on the sea water on non-beach lots to pool reflections. Ocean water on non-beach lots and in the hood view doesn’t need any special treatment. You put the mod into documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads (or documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads). To make the reflections display properly on the pond you need to place two 1x1 pools so they create a rectangle, and the pond is inside that rectangle (it’s shown in the pictures on MTS), it’s normally the most convenient to put them in the opposite corners of the lot. For the sea water on non-beach lots just place a 1x1 pool somewhere on the lot (you don’t need an additional one if you already put the pools for the pond), the reflections will appear, but they aren’t perfect and how good they are depends on the camera movement and angle. Everything is explained in the thread on MTS; if something is unclear, feel free to ask though :)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Thank you :smiley:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited March 2017
    OMG every time I look at your work I am astounded at just how beautiful and creative you make everything look, also thanks for another mod I can use in my game :)

Edit: I added it quickly to my game to get an idea of how it looks and in neighbourhood view the ocean looks great and the lake water also looks fab despite being dusk and the fall season in my game

Screenshot.jpgpost image

I looked at your other mods and wondered if I can use your No More Blurriness mod without it conflicting with anything to do with water? and although I am using the real grass mod which I am almost certain is yours I am just wondering what the differences are between 3D grass and HQ grass please if I can only use one?
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This mod is amazing. The water looks stunning! Thank you so much for creating this.

I love this mod but have hit a small snag, I tried to place a 1 tile swimming pool in my Bon voyage Tikki lots so when my Sims stay at those lots the ocean water will be the right colour however when I go into build mode there is no option for me to do this and I have tried to search for an answer but cannot find one if anyone can help.
    @Rflong7

Thanks so much yes they are hotels I knew there must be some sort of lot change but had no clue which one when trying to search for it :)
  • DrMaddieSimsDrMaddieSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you so much for this mod the water is absolutely beautiful. I'm having a problem now though where the water is not fixed by placing the pools, this used to work fine but has stopped all of a sudden and I cant think that I have any other mods that could conflict. The ones already mentioned I definitely do not have.
    I would love to resolve this as I really miss the beautiful ponds!