Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing Witches

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't mind the potion making being a part of the pack, but if I'm going to buy a witch pack there better be magic in it, not just herb brewing in a caldron. I want witch fights and magic being used quickly when needed. I don't want two witches to duel but have to wait a few hours to gather herbs and mix them in their caldrons. I don't want some watered down version of the weird old woman who lives alone in the woods. Thank goodness they didn't water down vampires or we would never get any other occults because no one would buy such boring characters. The past versions have sold well because they were exciting and not boring. I see no reason to change now. Add to, yes. Delete, no.
  • Options
    JJFABBYJJFABBY Posts: 40 Member
    Honestly, I really like the idea that others mentioned about covens. I think it'd be a really neat addition to allow witches to perform spells and rituals with other coven members.

Also, I'm interested in seeing more content that relates more to sort of neo-witchcraft: things like rituals that require certain items to be present, maybe an expansion of the meditation skill that came in Spa Day (?), definitely herbalism and potions, books that have to be obtained in certain ways that teach 'hidden' spells, things like that. I'd love to see a lunar cycle like in Sims 3- Supernatural, and have spells that have to be cast at a specific time in the lunar cycle.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I think it'd also be cool for witches to be able to have 'amulets' in their inventory, like enchanted items that grant them a moodlet or skill boost for a certain amount of time, and maybe even things like cursed items that they can casually regift to their annoying mother-in-law.

I just really love witches in general, so I'm really hoping they make a comeback very soon. The Supernatural expansion was pretty much the whole reason I bought TS3, and to be honest I just feel like TS4 could use the extra bit of magic to make it more exciting for me.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    @JJFABBY I think your amulet idea is pretty fun! As far as covens go, we might be able to create clubs of witches using Get Together if they don't officially create them. Then you could get together to cast spells or practice magic. Pretty neat.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't mind the potion making being a part of the pack, but if I'm going to buy a witch pack there better be magic in it, not just herb brewing in a caldron. I want witch fights and magic being used quickly when needed. I don't want two witches to duel but have to wait a few hours to gather herbs and mix them in their caldrons. I don't want some watered down version of the weird old woman who lives alone in the woods. Thank goodness they didn't water down vampires or we would never get any other occults because no one would buy such boring characters. The past versions have sold well because they were exciting and not boring. I see no reason to change now. Add to, yes. Delete, no.

Yeah Duels need to be more, epic... as well as Potion and Curse crafting in my opinion

It's not going to be like vampire fights, where it's physical.

I have high expectations with Duels. using multitasking to it's fullest.

I want to see Sorcerers, using the entire room/Building/lot, if not Neighborhood when Fighting, Dodge, great distances, chases, searching, make use of their surroundings. maybe even a more than two person fight 3 vs 1, teams, groups, free for alls.

what I don't want to see is two sims standing in feet apart throwing spells back and forth.

I want to see If my sim throws a fire ball and the other sim gets out of the way whatever wall or object, or tree is in the line of fire combusts into flames, or breaks.

I also want influence in duels, sure my sim should use the strongest spells he knows in a duel, but Maybe the power to queue up spells Like in a conversation almost, what spell he should use next in a duel.

Like Am I really going to wait for you to cast your spell, so I can cast mine after you? Absolutely not, depending on the fight, If its a fight I know I can win, sure I might toy with them, but if it's a fight with a very powerful enemy, I'll need to be cleaver, and I'm going to fight to get the upper hand, but as soon as I have it, I need to be decisive. make no mistake, hesitation with magic could cost you dearly.

So They Need to take styles of Fighting with magic into consideration.
    and Fighting with other Life States.

In my Stories, MY sorcerers and he not only exercises his magic with his sister and mother, but he and his werewolf best friend also spar together, So i would love to see the lengths of fighting between other life states.

how a sorcerer vs werewolf would go. My sorcerer would try to evade all physical attacks, slip out of Tyler's Grasp in a cloud of smoke, and appear else where, dealing fire and lightning.

And with Potions or Curses, In my opinion when Mixing things in the cauldron the animations were so poor.

I loved the look of Lord Vladimir's Cauldron, But I hated the animations that came with it, and the chemistry lab station
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2LHt5r_fc

-what's with the giant ladle? it's very dramatic... not in a good way...
    clapping after making a potion?
    the confetti animations?
    why does the sim stir with bad posture?

it's a disgrace.

And I want Potions and Curses more than Need Fixers, life State Swappers, or appearances.

They Said Use magic to better Your own life, or Worsen others, But magic never accomplished that.

now that we have somewhat believable emotions, and With the use of Aspirations. with the right incentives we could accomplish such defeat.

-Curse of Infertility - A curse that will ruin the chances of a couple ever conceiving a child it would make the woman barren and the male sterilized. only one has to drink the curse. once they realize they can't have a child together. If their aspiration in life was to Be a big happy family, or have successful lineage, they'll constantly be sad that they can conceive. and angry at the person who cursed them.
    Ingredients?
    • Hemlock
    • Sage
    • Tears of a Toddler
    Can the curse be broken? Perhaps.

Sleeping Curse ~ puts victim into a eternal slumber. And I do mean permanently until broken.
    Ingredients:
    • Toadstool
    • Hemlock
    • Mistletoe
    Side Effects: before woken: death like appearance. After woken: nightmares, hunger, temporary insomnia.
    Cure: True Love’s Kiss by family, romance, best friend.
    kill off all sims who has a relationship with that sim, and that sim will never wake.
    can be applied to any meal, Drink or fruit or vegetable. there will be no effects to tell the difference from a consumable that has been poisoned.
    - you will be able to tell by how they stack in inventory, though.

Isolation Curse ~ Banish Victim to a place where no one can interact with them.
    Ingredients: None
    You'll need enchantment skills to do this, enchant a mirror of choice, imbue it with enough power and you can imprison a sim inside the mirror creating your very own custom magic mirror. The face of the mirror, will be the sim you imprison.

Potion Of Invincibility, Will make your sim invincible for a certain amount of time, they will be impervious to the elements, and any spell inflicted upon them, or naturally. they can't burn in a natural fire, drown/freeze, be electrocuted.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Some great ideas here! Forgive me if I repeat some of them!

Items I'd like witches to have:

Broom (flying of course)

Cauldron (from which to make potions)

Grimore (a big ol book on a podium from which to learn spells)

Magic Circle (a glowing circle that can be placed on the ground or on the floor of your home lot. This circle should enable a set of more powerful, long range spells and perhaps summon other Sims, ghosts or vampires!)
    A Magic Wand OR Staff to choose from.

Familiar: This I would like to see, if at all possible, as part of the game pack, not part of Pets. A cat, dog, bat, frog/toad and snake available to choose from. Having a familiar should make spells more potent and perhaps even provide new spells that are not available without a familiar.

Crystal Ball

Tarot Cards

Witches should be naturally superior gardeners.

Witches should be able to form covens and cast spells that can only be done with a coven.

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Some of the stuff is already in the game and would just need to be expanded on. Herbalism, formulary, and ritualistic magic for witchcraft. I don't want to see flying brooms, pointy hats, hocus pocus magic, or any of the other tropes.

I think the "classic" tropes are funny and the Sims franchise has always leaned towards humor. So I say bring them on. That said though, I think they should be optional. Let witches have some variety!
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Should Sorcerers be immortal? I personally don't think so, I think they should have double the life span of a Human.

What if they can steal lifeforce from other sims, so they're not regularly immortal, but can technically become so, by shortening the life of other sims
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Some of the stuff is already in the game and would just need to be expanded on. Herbalism, formulary, and ritualistic magic for witchcraft. I don't want to see flying brooms, pointy hats, hocus pocus magic, or any of the other tropes.

what if they give people a choice, so a player can choose to give their 'witch' different objects or regalia, depends on the tack of magic that the sim is put on, so if a player picks the brooms or hats, they can't use certain talismans or other magical objects that contradict with them.
  • Options
    LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    I would like it harry potter themed, just me?
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Sort of like they did in Vampires. If you want a night time vampire that fries in the day you can do that and if you want a day walker you can do that and one locks out the other. And a lot of the things people want are already in the game they just need to be repackaged. For example the spell "Transform Sim" already exists in CAS. All they need to do is repackage it. It could either be a spell or potion (polyjuice potion anyone?)
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Remember when I said I'd keep a list of all suggestions? Yeah... that's not humanly possible :D

A witch on the other hand might be able to do it, but I'm not one. I'm actually not even sure what a male witch is called.

(the amount of support for this is crazy, I honestly didn't expect this. I guess it's clear witch is gonna be the next supernatural ^^)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I think a male witch would be a wizard, but I call them all witches. :) And yes, witches in the next supernatural pack, please!
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    A male witch is still a witch. Some people mistakenly call them warlocks but that is inaccurate and a little insulting.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I haven't thought about it too much. But I want back the powers of witches (previous games) to turn other Sims into frogs and not just a bad moodlet. :) I think it would be hilarious if an unknown townie hexed my Sim and he/she became a frog for 24 hours. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Luke111Luke111 Posts: 98 Member
    I want them Charmed/Vampire diaries style.

No more wands, i want them to freeze time, move things with their hands/minds see into the future, ect.

I still want spells but please give us active powers that are Like the Vampire ones

Like " telekinesis: move objects and items at your will, level three lets you move entire beds, statues, even trees and other sims!"

Or "Cellular manipulation: gain the power to freeze particles and stop time, level three lets you expload non-living things--- even entire homes"

Another one i thought of is

"Astral projection: your ghost leaves your body in admergencies such as fires, and when you sleep, level three lets you control this power at will"

Another, "transmorphisis: become another sim, name and all, use this power to manipulate lives to your will. Level 3 grants you the power to alter your appearance to suit your will, except mirrors show your enimies and friends who you REALLY are"

A set of three that could work together

"Dimentional jummping: you now have the power to alter the past, stand infront of a mirror at midnight, and alter any event that has taken place in your current save--warning, things that send you in a panick cannot be changed, unless you alter your mind, that is!"

"Mind warp: alter memories of anyone including yourself! Warning, can cause insanity"

"Time Travel: go back in time and see the past--- just dont let your past self see you, or else. Level three: you may now visit the distant future, see who's gonna die, become vampires, have an alien pregnancy! Warning, what you see is unchange able, once its been seen, it will come. Dimentional jummping might be able to fix it, for a price"

"Intentional Mandella effect: alter an past event and cause a chain reaction that can send sims into insanity---or, bring the dead back to life....or send the life back to dead!"

Last few

"Soul swapping: swap souls of sims, including yourself. Level three: you can now put the souls of the dead into the living--but maybe bringing that sim back from the dead wasn't a good idea--if thats even a sim in there"

"Life for a life: play grim reaper and choose who lives, and who dies...warning, this can result in one nervous......subject"

"Alice tea pot syndrome: change your size, become small and see the world from the eyes of a insect"

Ultimate powers

"Visit the netherworld, and see it with your very own eyes, and commune with the dead that no longer haunt, bring Sims a long and see something entirely new"

Aka letting us visit and SEE the nether.

"Send me to wonderland,hatter! (GET TO WORK BONUS POWER)

Visit a weird world full of colorful echoy Sims with... Pointy ears and very odd skin and eyes, maybe Even live in their world--- bc magic doesn't work here... Maybe that scientist with the weird green portal can send you home!"

There's all my ideas right now, that's capable in the sims at least
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I would love Witches to have the Power Menu vampires have, allowing them to have individual active powers, so to speak; like teleport, maybe stop time etc etc but I really hope they have spells that any Witch can use, including alchemy/potion making.

And brooms. They gotta have brooms.

--T
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think witches will be "setup" similar to how vampires are setup. Why would they go to all the trouble of developing a new system (which most seem to love) and not use it anywhere else? I would love it if all the future occults are setup in a similar fashion.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I would love Witches to have the Power Menu vampires have, allowing them to have individual active powers, so to speak; like teleport, maybe stop time etc etc but I really hope they have spells that any Witch can use, including alchemy/potion making.

--T

I liked the spells in TSM, I wish they would bring that system into TS4. Certain rocks etc. and weeds etc. was able to create spells, and the Sim had to memorize the spell to get a certain effect. It was easy but they did have to look for things, so it was worth collecting etc. Being able to give each certain powers or not (like the vampire system) is a good idea, too. I hope they do them as well as they have vampires. But being a traditionalist about many things, I want that boiling pot and some eyeballs and Newt of Bat...lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

--T

I liked the spells in TSM, I wish they would bring that system into TS4. Certain rocks etc. and weeds etc. was able to create spells, and the Sim had to memorize the spell to get a certain effect. It was easy but they did have to look for things, so it was worth collecting etc. Being able to give each certain powers or not (like the vampire system) is a good idea, too. I hope they do them as well as they have vampires. But being a traditionalist about many things, I want that boiling pot and some eyeballs and Newt of Bat...lol

Agreed, how could I forget cauldrons? I'd love to have to collect spell ingredients and stuff, and even memorising would be awesome; like the more the sim casts the spell, the less ingredients they need or something along the lines...

Gosh, I so hope a witch game pack is soon.

--T
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I haven't thought about it too much. But I want back the powers of witches (previous games) to turn other Sims into frogs and not just a bad moodlet. :) I think it would be hilarious if an unknown townie hexed my Sim and he/she became a frog for 24 hours. >:)

Or turn them into a pet if you've got the Pets pack! Permanently. >:)
    (I mean, pets are going to be playable I guess, so it could be interesting to have a Sim become a witch and turn his/her family into cats)
    (I wonder how aliens would react to that?)
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Witch cults
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    I miss the Witches..and mermaids. In the meantime, you can always start a club called "The Coven" and get everyone together to do herbalism and dance around the fire. I did. It's a start...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think witches will be "setup" similar to how vampires are setup. Why would they go to all the trouble of developing a new system (which most seem to love) and not use it anywhere else? I would love it if all the future occults are setup in a similar fashion.

Yeah, I imagine them using a Spell book interface, and instead of tiers there will be chapters that are non linear:
    Chapter 1 - Arcane (introduction giving the player information on how magic works)
    Chapter 2 - Two Sides of the Same Coin (study of Light and Dark Magic)
    Chapter 3 - conjuring objects, summoning people and Teleportation yourself.
    Chapter 4 - Potions, Curses, and Alchemy
    Chapter 5 - Elemental Spells (study of the 5 elements Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, and Spirit)
    Chapter 6 - Enchanting
    Chapter 7 - Blood Magic (Family Magic)
    Chapter 8 - Transformations, and Glamour
    Chapter 9 - ( I had and Idea what 9 was but I can't remember)
    Chapter 10 - Forbidden Magic (spells like Ripping out the hearts of the living and controlling the will and desires of men, Time Travel, Necromancy)

Within each chapter there's a list of spells
    You could highlight and choose what spells you want your sims to learn. and You can just move on to the next chapter.

Take Chapters 2 and 5.
    Chapter 2 • Two Sides of the same coin

Dark Magic ~ Magic made from Hatred.
    Shadow Fog ~ create an ominous dark fog for sneak attacks.
    Immobilization ~ Temporarily Stop victim in their tracks.
    Oblitus ~ Spell to Make victim to forget someone they know. (wipes them out (grays them out)(Makes them Transparent) of their relationship panel)
    Protection Spell(-) ~ To defend against light magic. Placing a dome barrier over the a Lot, around a room, Can apply to both People

Light Magic ~ Magic made from Love
    Lux Flare ~ Stun with a blinding light
    Preservation Spell ~ Best uses when deceased is fresh.
    Protection Spell (+) ~ To defend against Dark Magic. Placing a dome barrier over the a Lot, around a room, Can apply to both People
    Receptui ~ A Spell to help remember someone they knew.

I would Study Both Light and Dark magic

Chapter 5 • Elemental Spells
    Fire
    • Fireball - fire a ball of blazing inferno at target.
    • Dragon’s breath - breath fire like a dragon.
    • Lightning - Fling lightning from your fingertips.

Water
    • Splash - Spin a vortex of water at target
    • Bubble Bowl - (I got the idea from The Bowling Stuff pack, I thought it would be funny) the Sorcerer freezes the sim in their tracks, and then conjures a ice bubble and Bowls it at the target.
    • Fog - Bend the water in the air to make a good screen cover

Earth
    • MudSlide - make the ground muddy.
    • QuickSand - set up a trap or make appear under the feet of someone.
    • Tremble - Causing Earthquakes

Air
    • Ascend - manipulate the air currents around you/others appearance of flight, (Glide around as ghosts (with air particles around them))
    • Tornado - spin a mini but powerful tornado, sweep away the unwanted.
    • Blow - simply from the mouth blow air and the force will multiply blowing back anyone in close proximity.

Spirit
    • Energy Transfer - Drain Energy from another entity, to recover your own... or vice Versa, give your energy to another sim. (Fills Energy Need)
    • Divine Strike - At least one combat move, allows you to conjure spirit energy and use it (Use with caution! Costs a significant amount of Energy)
    • Awaken - With mysticism you can Awaken the Arcane ability in a sim with the Dormant Arcane trait.

From Elemental Spells I personally would seize All Fire and Spirit elements, and Probably would take on Splash, Tremble, and Ascend from the other elements.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Also to add to the already extensive list:

1. Protection Spells (A witch can protect homes or specific sims from being bitten by vampires or being touched by any Supernatural Sim)
    2. Destination Spell (A witch can cast a spell that gives her the knowledge of every Sims current location.

Would make for some amazing gameplay and story lines.
  • Options
    JJFABBYJJFABBY Posts: 40 Member
    I know that someone's already mentioned it, but fortune-telling might be interesting- maybe a witch sim can read his/her own fortune, then find out he/she is destined to be promoted and earn extra job performance. Or maybe they could just get a moodlet that boosts or hinders them based on the fortune they draw.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top