Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2017
    Weee! Thank you, @charlotteprice, for another bike! Now Pushin' Pedals will be free on DD # 947! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I've updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Weee! Thank you, @charlotteprice, for another bike! Now Pushin' Pedals will be free on DD # 947! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I've updated my top 5!

That's great! Glad you will get it for free on the DD. Happy I could help!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @LillaGrisen That sounds interesting. I'll have to add it on my plan-to-watch list.

Haha! I never read The Book Thief but I heard that the sad scenes in the novel are much sadder in the film. Some even say the movie is better than the book (which is a first since it's usually the other way around lol).

And yes, the soundtrack is amazing. As I'm listening to it, I can literally replay each scene in my head and feel the emotions of the music gives off. I have a deep appreciation for composers. They are so underappreciated despite them playing a major role in pop culture not being music-less and dry. The music that plays in videogames (especially Sims) and films/tv shows are what make them all come alive in my opinion.

Another film with a fantastic soundtrack is Gone Girl. Still listen to the OST to this day and love it the same <3
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    edited March 2017
    Thank you @charlotteprice for gifting me two of my top five's!!!! :D Lol can't even go a day without having to update my top 5, because of y'all gifting ninjas :joy: I've probably said "thank you" a thousand times, but here's another one: THANK YOU.

I feel like this is you :)
    tumblr_olpe1kuN4K1u0f08eo3_500.gif

Top 5 updated here!
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Thank you @charlotteprice for gifting me two of my top five's!!!! :D Lol can't even go a day without having to update my top 5, because of y'all gifting ninjas :joy: I've probably said "thank you" a thousand times, but here's another one: THANK YOU.

I feel like this you :)
    tumblr_olpe1kuN4K1u0f08eo3_500.gif

Top 5 updated here!

Love your spoiler pic, and your new Avi!

You are very welcome for the gifts, enjoy!
    :flushed: I hope they clean that shower after they're done with it :joy:

Well, to be fair "not supporting EA" in my case only means at the moment "not buying TS4 or it's add-ons". I will still be getting the Store and the rest of the EPs/SPs, which will probably one way or another go into some exec's pocket.
    I do agree that they would probably be more keen on fixing the game if they had competitors. However, I think other developers might be put off by the idea as they are unsure whether people will buy their Sims-version or not (Sims is a well established brand after all) and maybe, though I'm just hypothesizing right now, they are scared that EA might take legal action for ripping their game off? I don't think that prior to the shutdown of Maxis Emeryville there were a lot of City-simulators out there either besides SimCity, but think that after SimCity flopped and they were shut down more and more started similar games started to pop up. Unfortunately, this would mean that if we want the Sims-game of our dreams we would have to see the original series flop in order for a smaller company to develop it's own version.
    Also, I think if EA wants a new cash cow, maybe they should revive Spore? I know I just mentioned the shutdown of Maxis Emeryville (who were in charge of SimCity as well as Spore, I think), but I would love to see a sequel to that game with options to customise your species' behaviour - should you find safety in numbers, or safety in size?

I downloaded a couple of recolours for my TS4:CAS Demo because I just hated that there wasn't an option to customise haircolour. I used a pink-purple ombre recolour for the sim I plan to use if I play the TS4 trial, should I get around to it (hopefully it's possible to transfer between the two games, saving me a bunch of trial-time :mrgreen:)
    Lol, do you know how hard it was to take this picture? She kept looking at every plumming corner of the screen making these ridiculuos faces! :weary:
    3iTuPYD.png
    I can't say I've ever had a "bajillion cc" in my game; and the more I own from the Store, the more I try to get rid of the cc. My achilles' heel in cc is definitely hair, but lately I've come to appreciate vanilla hair more and more, so I've been cleaning out a bunch of it. I'm probably down to only about 40 pieces :lol: I swear, I don't have a problem!

Haha, now you only need to know about "pappaledighet" and then you're pretty much set to survive in Sweden! :joy:

HAHAH the shower gets dirty after a few uses.
    And I see. Great point about EA possibly suing competitors since Sims is a pretty unique thing. I've never played Spore but heard good things about it.

Your hair is pretty :open_mouth: And I hate that they keep moving :lol: They look around every five seconds, like, STOP MOVING for three seconds so I can snap a pic of you xD They move around more than my sister, who has ADHD. Christ lol.

I love the store's hair and CAS items. They're definitely my poison lol. I'm sure you don't have a problem :wink:

And yay for being set in surviving in Sweden :D

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Thanks @charlotteprice :) I watched Moana recently and just love love love the movie more and more. I think I may make a signature or banner with Moana and add it to my signature lol
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the gifts @charlotteprice I think that now I have enough to get Bohemian Garden for free on DD 78! :) You are awesome!

I've updated my top 5! ;)
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the gifts! I love those dresses! I may not have an opportunity to wear a dress like those anytime soon but my sims most certainly will!
    edited March 2017
    @Nomiko13 A Cure for Wellness sure is an interesting movie. I think most of it is quite interesting, and my biggest letdown with it is really just the ending that left a ton of plotholes and questions unanswered. I would compare it to the movie Contagion (if you've seen that one) in a way: Interesting story that keeps you wanting more until you get to the plummy ending and ask "Was that it?" (though in the case of Contagion I always thought they ran out of money)

I totally agree with you one the part about composers, as well as music supervisors. It's one of those positions that I rarely think about when it's done excellently, but when done poorly it usually makes me laugh. I remember this one "dramatic" scene in an episode of CSI:Cyber where one guy off'ed himself and I just sat there laughing out loud because the choice of music was so unfitting. Of course, that series in general pretty B, so if you're into that I definitely recommend watching it. The poor acting, manuscript, directing and choice of music has given me plenty of good laughs.

I love Spore, even though it's very dated at this point. TS2 + Spore = My childhood. Eveytone I knew that played TS2 when I was a kid also played Spore. That's probably the main reason why I'd want a sequel, or a remake or whatever of that game. Unfortunately that look like it's not going to happen as, from what I've read recently, despite what me and my friends thought about it, it wasn't as well-received as EA had hoped for it to be. :cry:

If you ever want to download that ombre recolour for TS4, just message me and I'll link it to you :lol: And yes, they do move around an awful lot! I feel quite lucky who managed to snap a picture of when she was actually looking straight forward.

Oh, yes, the Store CAS items are awesome. I'm one of those people who spend probably a couple of hours in CAS when I make my simmies, so it's nice to have a wide range of items to choose from.

Also, of course I've got to comment on your new avi! Love it (as well as Moana)! :mrgreen: I swear, one of these days I will also get an avi and do something fun with my signature :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @charlotteprice Yay! Thank you for your gifts! I'm updating my lists now, and will have new stuff soon.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Ok, just read two pages at once, so this may be totally out of order:

@LillaGrisen I love your comparison to seeing half a movie with the promise that we'll get to see the rest when it's finished. Well done. Although we've been kind of doing that the past 10 years with the string of trilogies and anthologies. I mean, they made The Hobbit into 3 movies and we all just went along with it. And although the Marvel movies stand on their own, the big payoff is still being built up to.

@Nomiko13 the only place around here to see a movie for that price is the place that shows the movies the week before they come out on disc and the screen is only a little bigger than my 50". The only advantage at that point is they have a better sound system than I do. I don't actually pay full price. I always see the matinee or use my AAA discount, but 3D is still and extra $3 either way.

And I don't remember who mentioned it, but I agree that a big part of the value is whether the content is something I like. For instance, there is no way I'll ever buy the vampire EP for TS4. I don't play vamps in TS3 and I had no interest when they added them with Night Life. I'm sure it was the same for some people with TS3's Supernatural, while I've played the plums out of elves and witches. And, honestly, Stuff Packs in TS4 may be a poor example. There is so little in them. Are TS3 SPs that bad and I just don't notice? I should take a look some time. I love how The Lazy Game Reviewer on YouTube always goofs on how many different kinds of chairs they always include in TS4 SPs.

Finally, spending 50% more for any kind of "collector's edition" should be left strictly to the fanboys who would cringe at us even having this conversation. There is never enough extra stuff to justify the padded price. I don't need a tin box or a key chain shaped like a plumbob. (Yes, TS3 collectors edition had both.) I never pre-ordered a game just to get extra content. But if I knew I was going to be paying full price for the game, then, yeah, why not pre-order and get a little extra content.

Sadly, even though EA has continued its reputation for shipping out half baked products, I'm a junky and I'll take whatever they'll supply. Or at least I did until TS4. Now I'm content with finding the undiscovered details and nuances of TS3. And I'm finding lots in all those years of content. It's kind of like owning a really good movie on disc. The $20 investment pays off after the 3rd or 4th viewing. B)

aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525 I actually thought about movies such as The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games while typing that, but I don't that in those cases the franchise benefit from pulling that stunt either. When the first Hobbit-movie came out I was all over it, went and saw it pretty quickly in the movies. Then the second movie came out and I was like "Meh, I should probably go watch it since I saw the first one". Third movie? Never watched it. At that point those movies had lost my interest and I had moved on. Had they just crammed the entire thing into one or two movies maybe I would've bothered; it's not like every scene in those movies has to be there for it to work. A lot of it could've been cut out, and I think that goes for the other movies as well. I've never watched the last couple of Twilight-movies nor any of the Hunger Games-movies, but I have read the books and I am convinced that the last books of those series could definitely fit in a two hour movie. Heck, Breaking Dawn basically consists of girl getting knocked up, has a baby, people wants to kill baby so she increases her lame vampire-skills, battle ensues, battle is resolved, the end.
    I think I lost my point there somewhere. My point is, if you're going to split a book that should be just one two-hour movie into two two-hour movies, I'm going to get bored and I'm not going to bother to watch the second part.

As for TS3 SPs, I only own the 70s, 80s and 90s one, but I personally think that was quite a letdown. It's not like it doesn't have quite some content, it's just that there's not enough for every decade and every life stage. It's barely possible to make an 80s YA sim with an 80s house, even less so an entire family (it doesn't even come with a scrunchie for the 90s-sims!). At best you could probably make a decent disco.
    I can't speak for other SPs, but I imagine a lack of diversity is prevalent there as well, much like many sets in the Store following a specific theme (how do they expect me to furnish an entire castle with thirteen items?!)

I've never bought a collector's edition of any game in my life - I've bought a collection of a game, but never a collector's edition. I get why people would want to buy it though; I myself think that that plumbob keychain looks pretty dope. However, I continue to remind myself that I - as with most things - won't find as attractive once I actually have it in my possession. I've never pre-ordered either, though that may be because I never keep up with which games are coming out soon :joy:

I'm pretty happy with TS3 for the moment as well. I don't even own all EPs/SPs/Store content (not even close, in fact), so I'm actually kind of excited to see what I will discover once I do. Despite it's many flaws and bugs, TS3 does have a lot of content.

Also, what movie costs $20 on disc? :flushed: Do you buy Blu-ray? :open_mouth:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @Nomiko13 Eyy! There it is! The pretty, new Moana banner! Nice! :love:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks @charlotteprice for your gifts <3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Ah, so much text I can't keep up. :s lol
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    @Jahnna Haha! I think that might be my and @Nomiko13's fault :kissing: Don't worry, you haven't missed too much. We've mostly been discussing the features/pros/cons of TS4 and TS3 and a couple of movies :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    I could really do without the crashing of The Sims 3. It happens randomly, and I had a thread at one point that I took note of where I was when any crash happened, and the error code at the time. I should start that again, if I can. It's the sort of thing I found useful, maybe help solve this annoying crashing problem...
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :D

@charlotteprice thanks for the Gorgeously Gathered Dress, Ravishing Roses Dress, Sheer Beauty Dress, One Stone to Rule Them All Necklace and Double Layered Rhinestone Dress !!! <3

My sims will have nice parties wearing these clothes!!! Thank you!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :)
    edited March 2017
    @LillaGrisen Plotholes are the absolute worst. Especially if there's so many.... I can deal with a few plotholes but too much is just too much. And I haven't seen Contagion but friends tell me it made them paranoid to eat pork lol.

LOL I know what you mean when the music doesn't fit scenes at all. I only think it's acceptable when it's intentional. Such as parody/satire/farce movies. Poor acting with an interesting plot is my poison, I cannot lie xD A show I watch called "Too Close to Home" is a prime example of an interesting plot but deplorable screenwriting, acting, and very long pauses & drawls between lines that frustrates me. The show also spends too much time on one scene, which loses my interest but then right after, they show something juicy lol.

Aw, I'm sorry about Spore not being remade. That's a bummer :( And by downloading Spore for Sims 4, do you mean like CC clothing and whatnot?

Haha I hate that the sims only look forward when you're zoomed in their face with all the buttons surrounding, like, come on! I want to snap a photo without the buttons in the way.

Store CC CAS items is where it's at! I also love customizing my sims as well :smiley: I'd spend several hours on just one feature of them, perfecting it to my desire lol.

Lastly, thank you on the compliments of my signature and avatar! I used a watered-down photoshop app called Photoscape :blush: I bet your avi and siggy are going to be fantastic!

@Jahnna I apologize. LillaGrisen and I were babbling about Sims 4, Sims 3, and films lol.

@Jude525 I'm so sorry... I got so carried away. And that makes sense! I asked my mother what theaters charge that much and she told me one out of town from my city charges 30 bucks, because it's a theater with massage chairs/heat warmers AND cup-holders. The chairs also have their OWN two arms, so you're not arm wrestling your neighbors to rest your own arms and when you buy a ticket, it comes with a seat number and apparently, the movie is in fantastic quality in sound/picture and makes folks feel all exclusive and comfy. :lol:

Honestly, seeing the trailer and the things the vamps are able to do makes me want that pack so badly. Never played with vamps or supernaturals that much in Sims 3 (except werewolves/fairies/witches once in one family until that family disappeared); I only play around with the alchemy skill and now have my settings disable supernatural beings in my gameplay lol. Though I have to say the vamps look so polished and well developed in TS4 GP, but since I heard of that bug where they're breaking in homes and turning sims, I'm staying the heck away for now! Plus, I want to have the option of being able to plays with vamps in certain saves (kinda like how we can choose what packs we want to play with in TS3 - I play with all packs except Katy Perry Sweet Treats :-1: ). Haha, I love LGR!

Too true about the Collector's Editions. I recently snagged a Sims 3 for 30 bucks in brand new condition. I literally wanted it because of the European styled car :neutral: I'm also planning on using the Plumbob drive for my Sims saves/backing up store CC and so on so forth. Cannot lie though.... I do want that Plumbob Light that comes in TS4 CE. It looks so pretty, plus, I never owned Sims merch.
    Untitled-6.jpg

But, eh, I'd rather play with Katy Perry Sweet Treats with just the Sims 3 base game before I come 200 bucks out of pocket for a booklet, light, poster, and box. I already own Sims 4 Limited Edition with the digital deluxe upgrades, so the codes would be of no use for me lol. I'm thinking of buying the items separately perhaps, because I've developed a collecting bug recently, where I just wanna collect everything I can get my hands on. And I'm in the same boat as you... I'll keep buying from EA and because I've recently grown attached to TS4 more and more, it's so tempting buy missing packs I don't own, especially the SPs since they're 10 bucks cheaper than TS3's. At least there are bundles I guess.

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Weekend!!!! Yay! (I just have a free one per month!)

Top5 updated.
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    edited March 2017
    Finished my third playthrough in The Sims 4 to run into the ultimate romantic interaction and then I realized a big let-down.

I cannot express how awesome the serenade is with guitar in the game. The inclusion of a singing skill is awesome as is, but having that be part of the mix when the skill levels are high enough really tops it off for me. I am so recording it when I do it again for everyone.

Sadly, the marriage was a huge anti-climatic let-down. Every time I wed my sims together in Sims 3, I would get close to teary. It gets better when other NPC sims gather around and go, "Aww!" Sims 4? There was no magic at all. Such a big moment from many people's lives needs that touch of dramatic beauty to it and I felt bummed. I can say the same thing about WooHoo.
    (There is a chance that my general mood as of lately as compared to less depressing and less anxious moods in the past when I did other Sims weddings just took away my moment to enjoy my first wedding in Sims 4. It did the same thing last Christmas to the point where I wondered if it came.)
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
    ZombieMew wrote: »
    Finished my third playthrough in The Sims 4 to run into the ultimate romantic interaction and then I realized a big let-down.

I cannot express how awesome the serenade is with guitar in the game. The inclusion of a singing skill is awesome as is, but having that be part of the mix when the skill levels are high enough really tops it off for me. I am so recording it when I do it again for everyone.

Sadly, the marriage was a huge anti-climatic let-down. Every time I wed my sims together in Sims 3, I would get close to teary. It gets better when other NPC sims gather around and go, "Aww!" Sims 4? There was no magic at all. Such a big moment from many people's lives needs that touch of dramatic beauty to it and I felt bummed. I can say the same thing about WooHoo.
    (There is a chance that my general mood as of lately as compared to less depressing and less anxious moods in the past when I did other Sims weddings just took away my moment to enjoy my first wedding in Sims 4. It did the same thing last Christmas to the point where I wondered if it came.)

You're completely right about the weddings in TS4. In Sims 3, I couldn't wait to wed to my other sim, but in Sims 4, eh. I want the bachelor/bachelorette parties back. Wonder when Generations is coming out because those brought the weddings to life in Sims 3.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 I think poor choice of music can be acceptable as well if the rest of the components of the series/movie are so bad it becomes good.

I realise it might've sounded like I was talking about Spore CC, but I actually meant the ombre hair :sweat_smile: I've hopefully fixed that now though!

I know, right?! :joy: I wish you could just press 'c' like you did in TS3 and get that perfect "I'm looking straight forward for once"-snapshot. Or maybe you can in the full version, I really wouldn't know :confused:

Lol, I bet my avi and sig will be fantastic as well... ...if I ever figure out what to do with them :lol: Every time I think "I should do have a profile pic" my mind just goes blank until I stop trying to think about it :bawling:

:open_mouth: Lol, I can't imagine myself enjoying watching a movie if I also have to enjoy massage chairs with heat warmers! Luckily, I don't usually go to the theatres if there's a lot of people, so I can't remember the last time I had to arm-wrestele! :joy: Also, you don't have seat numbers and cup holders in regular movie theatres? :flushed:

When you say "European styled car", do you mean the Montalcino Fandango SE from the Happy Holiday Presents-set in the Store?

@ZombieMew There's a singing skill in TS4? That's awesome! Lol, I feel like I've been missing out on so much! :bawling:

And finally, the qoute of century:
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    too much is just too much
    Sorry, it just put a smile on my lips when I read it :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited March 2017
    @LillaGrisen Too true. Lol "so bad it's good". I've felt that way about a few movies, such as a ton of Disney movies....

And ooh I see what you mean now. Ombre hair is gorgeous <3 Haha, I can guarantee some simmer out there will probably make a mod to make the sims stand still :joy:

I get what you mean about the signature and avi LOL. I used my Sims 3 avi for the longest at first :lol:

...... are you... are you telling me I got the Sims 3 CE for nothing? :sob: I had no clue the car came with a set in the store already.... *eye twitches* .....

And my theaters are basic. You literally just get a chair with arms, except since the chairs are side by side, you're outta luck if you sit right next to someone who beats you in the race to lay your arm on the armrest. Also, nope. No seat numbers. You just go in and hope to find your desired seat. This how my movie theater's chairs are:
    shared-armrest-in-movie-theater.jpg

Lastly, I'm glad my quote put a smile on your face XD

PS: Beware of singing in the Sims 4 <_< had my sim practice once in an apartment and even when she stopped singing, teh sound of her HORRID voice still filled the air and if she practiced again and stopped, you'd hear two of her horrid voices singing off pitch, plumming the neighbors off with all the noise. It's a glitch, so be careful.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg