Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    On a less rant-y note, thank you @Nomiko13 for picking off one of my top 5s! It has been updated! :mrgreen:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    LissieBess wrote: »
    @ZombieMew But isn't the game ridiculously overpriced? Even with the current discounts on Origin, the whole series is $165, not including ANY stuff packs or game packs. On top of all that, the trial version doesn't exist for a Mac computer, but it doesn't say that. So I can't even see if it will work properly for my computer. Seeing how Sims 3 keeps acting on my computer, and NONE of our issues have been fixed by EA, I'm severely put off of buying it at all.

@ZombieMew Congrats on getting S4, hope you like it!

@LissieBess Thats why I buy as I go. Cost would be a lot to pick up at once, so I don't like to get behind, LOL
    I have a Mac, it runs fine on my desktop. As far as issues, happens in every series, and , supposedly, a lot of them never gets fixed!
    @LillaGrisen As far as the hairstyles go, I really dislike the banana peeled look :s They seem to bring out better styles as it goes, and I usually pick from them.
    As far as the comparison in houses, from S1 thru S4, yeah. The first three series seem so much alike and more of a running series to me. The S4 is totally different. Things are brighter, everything seems much larger (even sims) in this game, hence why I say it is a totally different game from the others (and that is how I treat it) :D

They definitely need to fix the reactions/emotions of the Sims. Would be a much better game!
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Thank you for the gifts @aprlm @charlotteprice @LillaGrisen! :)
    I love that gazebo and it will help a lot with the Bohemian Garden set!

I've updated my top 5!
    @LillaGrisen As far as the hairstyles go, I really dislike the banana peeled look :s They seem to bring out better styles as it goes, and I usually pick from them.
    As far as the comparison in houses, from S1 thru S4, yeah. The first three series seem so much alike and more of a running series to me. The S4 is totally different. Things are brighter, everything seems much larger (even sims) in this game, hence why I say it is a totally different game from the others (and that is how I treat it) :D
    I don't think I would've had nearly as much of a problem with TS4 if it weren't that - The Sims 4. As a game of it's own I think it seems quite nice, but I don't think it works as part of the main-game series of Sims. Had they relased TS4 as a spin-off I probably wouldn't have minded because:
    a) They might've kept patching TS3
    b) They could release the game without toddlers or pools with the excuse that it was not part of the spin-off's concept (yes, I would've bought that excuse)
    c) It wouldn't be the first time a Sims-spin-off had a somewhat cartoonish style, and as a spin-off I probably would've regarded TS4 as a stylish and cute game, albeit with a depressing colour scheme.
    I would say MySims has a somewhat cartoony stylemysims-standard-edition_pdp_1920x108_en_WW.jpg
    I just find it hard to treat TS4 as a completely different game with that title, much like I have a hard time - as much as I love that game - playing TSM because it has "the Sims"-labelled on it (and that game is a spin-off! :confounded:). The Sims games are to me the style and spirit (although the last one I think TS3 actually slightly missed the mark on) that I've experienced while playing the previous games, and it's hard to accept that something that I've loved so much change so drastically (and that EA's behaviour is somewhat questionable, but that's another discussion). I don't belive nearly as many people would complain about TS4 if they didn't love the previous games (of course, the there is the matter of how you complain. While I'm not exactly praising TS4, I'd like to think I'm not among the worst of those who criticize).

As for the hairstyles I don't know if they've released more since launch or which come with EPs, SPs, GPs and whatnot. The pictures are from my TS4:CAS Demo, which hasn't updated since launch :cry:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you for all your gifts @JovialJoy @LillaGrisen @charlotteprice <3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    Oh, I forgot.....you are all welcome who thanked me the last couple days for your gifts <3
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @charlotteprice Well, you convinced me. I'm buying the game and expansion packs. We'll see how it works for me on my laptop...
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I just learned something so thought I would share: if you own the Fanciful Fashions set (or plan to,) the Bow Toe shoes do not install with the set as they should. You need to install them separately. Other than that everything is normal. But if unless someone tells you, or you specifically go looking for them, you might not realize that they never showed up in game.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    @LissieBess
    It is, but I offer art in exchange for games. Since I do not devalue the game when it goes on sale, people can pay much lesser to get something very good from me. In this case, my customer got a piece worth $40 after applying some fees to it with only $20.

@LillaGrisen
    I see what you mean. Brighter graphics is a thing that should be addressed because they do strain my eyes after some period of time (here's to you, Breath of the Wild). Fortunately, Sims 4 can be modded and there may be some texture overlay mods you could go and get.
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited March 2017
    @ZombieMew But isn't the game ridiculously overpriced? Even with the current discounts on Origin, the whole series is $165, not including ANY stuff packs or game packs. On top of all that, the trial version doesn't exist for a Mac computer, but it doesn't say that. So I can't even see if it will work properly for my computer. Seeing how Sims 3 keeps acting on my computer, and NONE of our issues have been fixed by EA, I'm severely put off of buying it at all.

It's cheaper to get bundles that come with 2-3 packs. I'd say Sims games in general are overpriced and aren't really worth every penny they cost xD I always made myself go broke as a kid buying Sims 3 EPs I really wanted. The only plus side is the Stuff Packs are 10 bucks cheaper than what they used to be in Sims 3.
    Are those whims how Nila ended up with two gfs and four bfs? :lol: As for the sim-specific whims I think even TS2 had it, so it's so weird how they would remove that. The more you tell me about TS4 the more I feel like it has some good things going for it, but I also feel like it's been stripped of a lot of nice functions from previous games just to make it simpler. In my opinion TS4 base game is definitely not worth the $66 EA make people pay for - in fact, I'm pretty sure the price is that high just so that they can have "amazing" 67% off-sales and see their sale rating go through the roof (yes, I know, I'm such a cynic :persevere:).

I think the reason I didn't know whether we had "popular" kids in my school is partly because I would probably need a proper definition of "popular" before determining which are and which are not, partly because I rarely talked to people in other classes. Also, non-name-brand clothes are the best! Way cheaper and sometimes even of better quality than brand-name clothes! :mrgreen:

@LillaGrisen Haha, nah. I made her do those things because I was bored with always making my sims the perfect family and waiting for them to woohoo the night after marriage. I've never played around with infidelity in Sims 3 (well, I did once just for the heck of it and left it unsaved lol), which could be why I always eventually got bored after extensive play and maxing out skills, etc.

And I observed my game more today and sometimes they make the whims personal... like, Matvei had a whim to propose to Nila after knocking her up with child # 2 lol. You know what? The whims come according to your sim's mood. If they're feeling "flirty" or "very flirty", they're ready to pounce on just about anyone and anything :joy: They also get whims to to "blog about your feelings" or "look up obituaries" if you're feeling sad lol.

And I fully agree that it wasn't worth almost 70 bucks for the base game at release, especially with it being unfinished without toddlers and so on. Honestly, I don't think ANY Sims game is worth its full price. Even some Sims 3 packs I bought at full price.... Trailers make them much more than what they really are (like with Sims 4 City Living; while I love the EP, I'm disappointed in the aesthetic backgrounds and not being able to build your apartments). Too darn expensive, yet I'm always snagging 'em when the sales hit because I'll be darned if I make myself go more broke than I already am. EA in general are just milking the cash cow and because I love the franchise so much, I'd still buy the games (just not full price).

As for the hairstyles, there are way more hairstyles out now with expansions/packs. So far, this is my favorite hairstyle :love:
    03-09-10.png

I just love the short, curly hairdos. Tbh, I'm so satisfied with the choices in hairstyles/clothes, I don't use CC in my Sims 4 game. In Sims 3, I used CC like, addictively... that was until I came across bad CC (horsebody, nighttime daytime boots, shymoo *cringe*) and store CC (I love store CC!)

And too true about non name brand clothes XD Also, I was forced to socialize because we always did projects lol

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    @JovialJoy Thank you so much for one of my Top 5's (sundress with necklace for teens)! I appreciate it :) Top 5 updated here!

@LissieBess I hope you enjoy your game and expansions!

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Are those whims how Nila ended up with two gfs and four bfs? :lol: As for the sim-specific whims I think even TS2 had it, so it's so weird how they would remove that. The more you tell me about TS4 the more I feel like it has some good things going for it, but I also feel like it's been stripped of a lot of nice functions from previous games just to make it simpler. In my opinion TS4 base game is definitely not worth the $66 EA make people pay for - in fact, I'm pretty sure the price is that high just so that they can have "amazing" 67% off-sales and see their sale rating go through the roof (yes, I know, I'm such a cynic :persevere:).

I think the reason I didn't know whether we had "popular" kids in my school is partly because I would probably need a proper definition of "popular" before determining which are and which are not, partly because I rarely talked to people in other classes. Also, non-name-brand clothes are the best! Way cheaper and sometimes even of better quality than brand-name clothes! :mrgreen:
    @LillaGrisen Haha, nah. I made her do those things because I was bored with always making my sims the perfect family and waiting for them to woohoo the night after marriage. I've never played around with infidelity in Sims 3 (well, I did once just for the heck of it and left it unsaved lol), which could be why I always eventually got bored after extensive play and maxing out skills, etc.

And I observed my game more today and sometimes they make the whims personal... like, Matvei had a whim to propose to Nila after knocking her up with child # 2 lol. You know what? The whims come according to your sim's mood. If they're feeling "flirty" or "very flirty", they're ready to pounce on just about anyone and anything :joy: They also get whims to to "blog about your feelings" or "look up obituaries" if you're feeling sad lol.

And I fully agree that it wasn't worth almost 70 bucks for the base game at release, especially with it being unfinished without toddlers and so on. Honestly, I don't think ANY Sims game is worth its full price. Even some Sims 3 packs I bought at full price.... Trailers make them much more than what they really are (like with Sims 4 City Living; while I love the EP, I'm disappointed in the aesthetic backgrounds and not being able to build your apartments). Too darn expensive, yet I'm always snagging 'em when the sales hit because I'll be darned if I make myself go more broke than I already am. EA in general are just milking the cash cow and because I love the franchise so much, I'd still buy the games (just not full price).

As for the hairstyles, there are way more hairstyles out now with expansions/packs. So far, this is my favorite hairstyle :love:
    03-09-10.png

I just love the short, curly hairdos. Tbh, I'm so satisfied with the choices in hairstyles/clothes, I don't use CC in my Sims 4 game. In Sims 3, I used CC like, addictively... that was until I came across bad CC (horsebody, nighttime daytime boots, shymoo *cringe*) and store CC (I love store CC!)

And too true about non name brand clothes XD Also, I was forced to socialize because we always did projects lol
    @Nomiko13 Welp! I look at this in BBCode while typing and everything just seems like a blur at this point :lol:

I must confess that I rarely play around with infidelity that much either when I play, mostly because I find it hard to have my sim get on with enough sims to get any really interesting situations.

"Flirty" and "very flirty" sounds like it should be called something else :sweat_smile: I also love how their whim is to look up obituaries when they're sad - seriously, why? Are they planning to write their own? Makes me worry about the sims' health! :lol:
    It's also good to know that Matvei at least doesn't want to marry just some random sim off the street when his "enemy with benefits" gets preggos. I always found it strange that most sims could have the longest relationship without wanting to get married - until someone's expecting. In my most resent game I had my sim Lilya Ryzhkov's boyfriend (Ethan Bunch) move in with her. They were fine with just living together as gf/bf* until Lilya accidentally got pregnant (which took them probably about twenty days) and Ethan was like "Hm... Maybe we should get married?".

I totally get that feeling of loving something so much you don't care if it's overpriced! The game that has quickly become my favourite since I aquired it about a year and a half ago gets a new dlc like every other month (now a total of thirteen gameplay-changing dlcs, I think). And you know what? At 66% discount I buy the new one every time, even when people say it's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :lol: As for TS4 I've tried to tell myself that I won't be supporting EA because of what they've done to TS4 and TS3 simmers alike, but I must admit that it is tempting when I occasionally see that 67% discount...

That's a close-up of Nila's hairstyle isn't it (at least the one she uses in your avi)? It's a lovely hairstyle. I love the lack of spikes and the fact that it looks so much smoother than - as @charlotteprice put it - the "banana peeled"-look.
    Also, you don't use any cc in TS4? I get that some hair for example doesn't look "lore-friendly", but don't you have recolours or something like that?

A bit OT I've luckily never encountered the really famous bad cc. The only bout I've had with bad cc was this one hair that had accidentally been enabled for babies, which would cause the screen to randomly flicker in various skin-colours when my sims had a baby (they baby itself looked alright though :smile:). I used to have a ton of cc, especially hair. I've been since trying to sort most of it out (the ones I know are pretty but will probably never use), but it's so hard - once you've gone down that rabbit hole there's no turning back!

*unnecessary Swedish trivia: in Sweden when people live together in a romantic relationship without being married they're called "sambos" (short for "samboende", meaning co-habitants) and have similar rights as those who are married, meaning if they seperate they split everything as they would do if they were married and got divorced, unless a contract states otherwise.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Nomiko13 I kinda disagree about games being too expensive. My rule of thumb about pricing for entertainment is comparing the price/hour ratio to going to the movies. Generally in the US we pay $15 to see a movie in the theater. Being generous I'll say that's a 2 hour movie (they aren't always that long, though some are longer.) That means we regularly feel that $7/hour is an acceptable price for entertainment.

So, say you buy Sims 4, Get to Work, and City Living on Amazon for $96. You only have to play 14 hours to match the ratio.

I have played TS3 literally thousands upon thousands of hours over the years. I'm not sure how much I've spent on the various EPs and SPs, but I'm pretty sure the math would still work out.

So, I know we all have different budgets, but when it comes to the concept of how much companies who spend I don't know how many dollars researching and developing a game should charge us to buy those games, I don't agree that the prices are too high. Even if they are just simple stuff packs.

Having said that, I do get plummed off when they release the game half baked and have to add the content piece meal. Like pools and toddlers and such. And don't get me started on the bugs still floating around Sims 3. But that's a different conversation.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ for your generosity thanks to the last item you gifted me I can now get "Dreams of India" the next time it comes on DD.

Thank you @JovialJoy for the gift!

I've updated my top5.
    edited March 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 I kinda disagree about games being too expensive. My rule of thumb about pricing for entertainment is comparing the price/hour ratio to going to the movies. Generally in the US we pay $15 to see a movie in the theater. Being generous I'll say that's a 2 hour movie (they aren't always that long, though some are longer.) That means we regularly feel that $7/hour is an acceptable price for entertainment.

15 bucks?! Where? :no_mouth: The theater in my town costs 6.99 per person with students and senior citizens having discounts, however, it's discounted to 4.99 on Tuesdays for everyone. Lol if a theater nearby charged that much to see a 90 minute film, I'd just wait for it to come out on DVD to get it for the same price :lol: (Then again, maybe Ohio has lower standards of living compared elsewhere in the USA)

And I understand your perspective, though I still feel that some packs aren't worth every cent they're charged for, but that could be because that pack doesn't come to good use for me (such as the Spooky Stuff Pack... which I see as pointless since there's no seasons and I'm not into Halloween/goth themed things). I guess it comes down to how much one utilizes each purchased pack, thus, making my perspective biased lol. Nevertheless, have you seen how much the Collector's Edition costs? It's like 200 bucks :anguished: I was gonna buy one since I got The Sims 3 Collector's Edition recently, but then when I saw that price, I was like, nuh uh. I'll get the Collector's Edition eventually.... a few to several years from now that is.
    @Nomiko13 Welp! I look at this in BBCode while typing and everything just seems like a blur at this point :lol:

I must confess that I rarely play around with infidelity that much either when I play, mostly because I find it hard to have my sim get on with enough sims to get any really interesting situations.

"Flirty" and "very flirty" sounds like it should be called something else :sweat_smile: I also love how their whim is to look up obituaries when they're sad - seriously, why? Are they planning to write their own? Makes me worry about the sims' health! :lol:
    It's also good to know that Matvei at least doesn't want to marry just some random sim off the street when his "enemy with benefits" gets preggos. I always found it strange that most sims could have the longest relationship without wanting to get married - until someone's expecting. In my most resent game I had my sim Lilya Ryzhkov's boyfriend (Ethan Bunch) move in with her. They were fine with just living together as gf/bf* until Lilya accidentally got pregnant (which took them probably about twenty days) and Ethan was like "Hm... Maybe we should get married?".

I totally get that feeling of loving something so much you don't care if it's overpriced! The game that has quickly become my favourite since I aquired it about a year and a half ago gets a new dlc like every other month (now a total of thirteen gameplay-changing dlcs, I think). And you know what? At 66% discount I buy the new one every time, even when people say it's plum :lol: As for TS4 I've tried to tell myself that I won't be supporting EA because of what they've done to TS4 and TS3 simmers alike, but I must admit that it is tempting when I occasionally see that 67% discount...

That's a close-up of Nila's hairstyle isn't it (at least the one she uses in your avi)? It's a lovely hairstyle. I love the lack of spikes and the fact that it looks so much smoother than - as @charlotteprice put it - the "banana peeled"-look.
    Also, you don't use any cc in TS4? I get that some hair for example doesn't look "lore-friendly", but don't you have recolours or something like that?

A bit OT I've luckily never encountered the really famous bad cc. The only bout I've had with bad cc was this one hair that had accidentally been enabled for babies, which would cause the screen to randomly flicker in various skin-colours when my sims had a baby (they baby itself looked alright though :smile:). I used to have a ton of cc, especially hair. I've been since trying to sort most of it out (the ones I know are pretty but will probably never use), but it's so hard - once you've gone down that rabbit hole there's no turning back!

*unnecessary Swedish trivia: in Sweden when people live together in a romantic relationship without being married they're called "sambos" (short for "samboende", meaning co-habitants) and have similar rights as those who are married, meaning if they seperate they split everything as they would do if they were married and got divorced, unless a contract states otherwise.

LOL yep, flirty and very flirty are... you know xD I was gonna say something in my previous post but was like, NAHH it's pretty blatant. There's even an option to take a "steamy shower" (to become flirty) and if your sim is feeling flirty, they can take a "cold shower" (to make it go away) :joy: I had to do that to Matvei once because he wouldn't let Nila read in peace when he was all flirty and in the mood.
    sims4-emotions-veryflirty-f.jpg?w=660

^^ That's what they look like when they're in the mood :sob: They can also choose to practice pick-up lines in the mirror too. Heck, once Nila started feeling flirty after checking herself out in the mirror. She was feeling herself lol.

I totally understand you not wanting to support EA. Sometimes, I really would like to boycott purchasing further expansions until they fix the bugs that have been in the game for over a year, but then I realize they have no competition so there are no other simulation games as extraordinary as Sims... even the mobile sims games only go so far for me :unamused: I think it'd be pretty amazing if they had competition because then they'd more inclined to fix issues promptly.

And yes, that's a close-up of Nila's hairstyle (though that isn't Nila pictured, this is her) and I hate that hairstyle you and @charlotteprice were talking about. LOL when I got the base-game and saw the choices for hairstyles, I was like, heck no to that one. And yeah, I don't use any cc. I believe there are recolor mods/cc out there though. The only mod I've ever tried to use was the pregnancy length one for a longer pregnancy, but alas, the latest patch made it incompatible so I removed it from my game lol.

It really is hard to get out of the CC trance when you start it, which is why I ain't starting it with Sims 4 anytime soon. I'm more terrified to do so because I've heard countless stories of folks losing all their progress after running a bajillion mods/cc. If I do ever choose to go down that path, I will make sure to copy/paste my folder and drag it to my desktop to back it up.

And that's pretty interesting about the Swedish trivia :open_mouth:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Jude525 I'll have to disagree on what you said as well :tongue: I think that comparing two different mediums doesn't really work as movies and games are - in my opinion - made to entertain in vastly different ways. Perhaps a more fair comparison would be to a story-driven $60 game with an estimated length of 80 hours which would give an hourly rate of $0,75/hour. Okay, I know I'm being picky now since this was actually sort of a moot point (which sensible simmer would spend less than 130 hours on a Sims-game?), but besides the price itself I also think that the quality and state of the product should matter when it comes to whether or not the price is acceptable.
    If we go back to the comparison of watching movies at the theatres, while I probably couldn't get a refund after watching the movie, if it was absolute plume I would probably still feel like I didn't get my money's worth. I know you said that releasing half-baked content was another discussion, but I sort of feel like it belongs here; just as I wouldn't want to pay full price to see half a movie with the promise that I'll get to see the rest at a later date because they didn't have the time to finish it before its premiere, I don't want to pay full price for a half-baked game. Unfortunately, with the progress of technology publishers don't seem to feel obligated to release a finished product as they can "just patch it later" - using patching as some sort of scapegoat for missing content rather than a means of fixing those small bugs that might've been looked over in testing.

Well that text was a mess. I feel like I had this all worked out in my head and then it turned into this. I sincerely apologise to anyone who read the entire thing. Hopefully I at least got my main points across :expressionless:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen You got the main point across. You good :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    edited March 2017
    @Nomiko13 :relaxed: Yay, me good!
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen :lol:

Sorry to change the subject but has anyone seen "Get Out"? I saw it a few days ago and I have to say, it's a pretty dark film that had me horrified. The mystery made it a thriller.

(Lol also, I'm currently listening to The Book Thief's film soundtrack while writing to keep my inspiration flowing)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    LOL yep, flirty and very flirty are... you know xD I was gonna say something in my previous post but was like, NAHH it's pretty blatant. There's even an option to take a "steamy shower" (to become flirty) and if your sim is feeling flirty, they can take a "cold shower" (to make it go away) :joy: I had to do that to Matvei once because he wouldn't let Nila read in peace when he was all flirty and in the mood.
    sims4-emotions-veryflirty-f.jpg?w=660
    ^^ That's what they look like when they're in the mood :sob: They can also choose to practice pick-up lines in the mirror too. Heck, once Nila started feeling flirty after checking herself out in the mirror. She was feeling herself lol.

I totally understand you not wanting to support EA. Sometimes, I really would like to boycott purchasing further expansions until they fix the bugs that have been in the game for over a year, but then I realize they have no competition so there are no other simulation games as extraordinary as Sims... even the mobile sims games only go so far for me :unamused: I think it'd be pretty amazing if they had competition because then they'd more inclined to fix issues promptly.

And yes, that's a close-up of Nila's hairstyle (though that isn't Nila pictured, this is her) and I hate that hairstyle you and @charlotteprice were talking about. LOL when I got the base-game and saw the choices for hairstyles, I was like, heck no to that one. And yeah, I don't use any cc. I believe there are recolor mods/cc out there though. The only mod I've ever tried to use was the pregnancy length one for a longer pregnancy, but alas, the latest patch made it incompatible so I removed it from my game lol.

It really is hard to get out of the CC trance when you start it, which is why I ain't starting it with Sims 4 anytime soon. I'm more terrified to do so because I've heard countless stories of folks losing all their progress after running a bajillion mods/cc. If I do ever choose to go down that path, I will make sure to copy/paste my folder and drag it to my desktop to back it up.

And that's pretty interesting about the Swedish trivia :open_mouth:
    :flushed: I hope they clean that shower after they're done with it :joy:

Well, to be fair "not supporting EA" in my case only means at the moment "not buying TS4 or it's add-ons". I will still be getting the Store and the rest of the EPs/SPs, which will probably one way or another go into some exec's pocket.
    I do agree that they would probably be more keen on fixing the game if they had competitors. However, I think other developers might be put off by the idea as they are unsure whether people will buy their Sims-version or not (Sims is a well established brand after all) and maybe, though I'm just hypothesizing right now, they are scared that EA might take legal action for ripping their game off? I don't think that prior to the shutdown of Maxis Emeryville there were a lot of City-simulators out there either besides SimCity, but think that after SimCity flopped and they were shut down more and more started similar games started to pop up. Unfortunately, this would mean that if we want the Sims-game of our dreams we would have to see the original series flop in order for a smaller company to develop it's own version.
    Also, I think if EA wants a new cash cow, maybe they should revive Spore? I know I just mentioned the shutdown of Maxis Emeryville (who were in charge of SimCity as well as Spore, I think), but I would love to see a sequel to that game with options to customise your species' behaviour - should you find safety in numbers, or safety in size?

I downloaded a couple of recolours for my TS4:CAS Demo because I just hated that there wasn't an option to customise haircolour. I used a pink-purple ombre recolour for the sim I plan to use if I play the TS4 trial, should I get around to it (hopefully it's possible to transfer between the two games, saving me a bunch of trial-time :mrgreen:)
    Lol, do you know how hard it was to take this picture? She kept looking at every plumming corner of the screen making these ridiculuos faces! :weary:
    3iTuPYD.png
    I can't say I've ever had a "bajillion cc" in my game; and the more I own from the Store, the more I try to get rid of the cc. My achilles' heel in cc is definitely hair, but lately I've come to appreciate vanilla hair more and more, so I've been cleaning out a bunch of it. I'm probably down to only about 40 pieces :lol: I swear, I don't have a problem!

Haha, now you only need to know about "pappaledighet" and then you're pretty much set to survive in Sweden! :joy:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @charlotteprice Well, you convinced me. I'm buying the game and expansion packs. We'll see how it works for me on my laptop...

I hope you enjoy the S4. Don't know how much convincing I did, we all just had an opinion. In the end, it is really up to you ;)
    @Nomiko13 I haven't seen that one; I checked and it will not come out here until 19th of April (we're such a backwater country, lol)
    I did watch another "thriller", though, called A Cure for Wellness. I loved the atmosphere and the story kept me somewhat hooked... until I got to the end and realised that what I had been guessing all long was the actually right and instead of getting a movie...
    (for once I'm using spoilers as they should be used. I will briefly be spoiling the end of this movie; you have been warned! :wink:)
    ...on the theme of insanity - which I really thought I was going to get - I got a plummy fantasy story about a 230 year old baron who wanted to plum his 200 year old daughter. Seriously, if you've had 200 years to groom your daughter and not succeeded, you've definitely done something wrong :expressionless:

I started reading the Book Thief plenty of years ago, but I eventually gave up (I was like eleven or something :lol:). Then when they announced the movie I was like "Ooh! I should finish the book and then I can watch the movie!". I have since neither finished the book nor watched the movie.
    I trust soundtrack is good though! Music is always great for getting the creative juices flowing! :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited March 2017
    Weee! Thank you, @charlotteprice, for another bike! Now Pushin' Pedals will be free on DD # 947! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I've updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)