Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas or Feedback?

What is the difference between the Sims 4 Idea Corner and the Sims 4 Feedback? I ask because the Sims 4 Feedback is chuck full of ideas!
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Feedback is meant to be "on the game thus far," but I think people have a natural tendency to want to add their solutions along with pointing out issues they have. I know I find it hard not to, even though it's apparently not best practice in feedback: http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/157238832062/i-remember-your-52080-rule-and-it-was-an-awesome

Ideas is "what you would like to see in The Sims 4" but that isn't there now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Feedback is meant to be "on the game thus far," but I think people have a natural tendency to want to add their solutions along with pointing out issues they have. I know I find it hard not to, even though it's apparently not best practice in feedback: http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/157238832062/i-remember-your-52080-rule-and-it-was-an-awesome

Ideas is "what you would like to see in The Sims 4" but that isn't there now.

I agree with you @luthienrising But after looking in both, and seeing a lot of the same thing, I think that they should combine the two and make searching a little easier.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    These are intended purposes, not how they're actually used:

Feedback- for players to say what they like and don't like about the game

Ideas- for players to say what they would like and wouldn't like to be added.

That's the key difference. Feedback = current/past, Ideas = future/possibilities
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    emmaning wrote: »
    These are intended purposes, not how they're actually used:

Feedback- for players to say what they like and don't like about the game

Ideas- for players to say what they would like and wouldn't like to be added.

That's the key difference. Feedback = current/past, Ideas = future/possibilities

@emmaning I agree with your definitions. That is why I am asking why there are so many ideas, rather than feedback, in the Feedback section. I want to read about feedback but half of the threads are ideas! That is why I suggested combining them. We have a search box, if you want to make a specific search, so why not combine them. We have way too many categories the way it is!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Ragenfride, this thread is asking what's the difference between ideas and feedback. If you have ideas for TS4, then I would suggest going over to The Sims 4 Ideas Corner located down in the Sims 4 section of this site... ;)

^^^THIS^^^. Thank you, @lisasc360
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited March 2017
    I just realized that this thread was moved from Feedback to the "Ideas and Feedback " section. This begs me to ask, why do we have a Feedback, Ideas, AND Feedback and Ideas sections? Why don't we just combine them all under the Feedback and Ideas section? :/
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Feedback section? See how confusing this all is???
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I just realized that this thread was moved from Feedback to the "Ideas and Feedback " section. This begs me to ask, why do we have a Feedback, Ideas, AND Feedback and Ideas sections? Why don't we just combine them all under the Feedback and Ideas section? :/
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Feedback section? See how confusing this all is???

There's also a lot of cross-over between ideas and feedback. Maybe this is for where it is an issue is given then a solution is also suggested, while the other two sections are just there for less cross over. Idk though...
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

The section that this thread was moved to is "Forum Ideas and Feedback" for the forum itself.

What I don't understand is why did the site moderators decide to have just The Sims 4 Ideas Corner and then The Sims 4 Game Feedback when TS3 just had The Sims 3 Ideas and Feedback when we were on the old site. There never was 2 separate forum sections for Ideas and then Feedback. I guess what I'm saying is that when you give feedback for a game, then you're also going to post ideas in that same thread on how the game can be improved on and visa versa, which to me would be ideas and feedback all in one thread. So to me, it would make more sense to have the 2 sections combined instead of having them separated.

I have even suggested to one of the Gurus in a PM that maybe they should move The Sims 4 Ideas Corner up next to the Forum Ideas and Feedback section as I have seen a lot of New Members coming to this site to post their ideas for the game only the end up posting their ideas in the Forum Ideas and Feedback as either don't pay attention to the title of the section or they just don't see the Sims 4 Ideas Corner.

Good, I see that the 2 comments that was here that had suggestions for TS4 finally got removed from this post.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm not saying I want to swear all the time, but the number of censored words on this forum is utterly absurd. Many of the words censored are perfectly normal words, or so mild that I think "Okay, I know you want us to be nice but we can't even express a mildly negative opinion on something?".

I know the game wants to be family friendly, but the game also says T for Teen. So does the site. It's RIGHT THERE. I can't even say something - anything - is stupid, because it gets censored out.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2017
    Anything you can express with swearing, you can express without. It's never necessary. :|

Example: 'I don't like the family tree system within the game. I feel it can be improved. Family members either don't connect in the way they should, or can be forgotten at a certain point.'

Surprise, surprise. Not a single word was censored, and critiquing the game was accomplished.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I didn't say I wanted to swear. I accept that here, that's unacceptable, even if our player base is older than four years.

What I'm saying is that some of the words censored - listing them being pointless - are simply absurd because they either have mildly negative connotation or are part of a swearword. I don't go around looking for censored words. I find them by accident all the time.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Now that I am complete confused.....maybe someone can move this where it belongs.....I just watched a video where when the children grew up to an adult they moved out, everyone was hugging and waving goodbye. It would be so nice to see that again, rather than having to move them out in manage household.
  • salormoonlizzsalormoonlizz Posts: 1 New Member
    Will y'all make it so that we can drive in the car teach the other kids how to drive, go on vacation, travel on an actual plane to get to the other cities or a train?
    @salormoonlizz
    Will y'all make it so that we can drive in the car teach the other kids how to drive, go on vacation, travel on an actual plane to get to the other cities or a train?
    this thread is asking what's the difference between ideas and feedback. If you have ideas for TS4, then I would suggest going over to The Sims 4 Ideas Corner located down in the Sims 4 section of this site to post this idea over there... ;)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
    @salormoonlizz
    this thread is asking what's the difference between ideas and feedback. If you have ideas for TS4, then I would suggest going over to The Sims 4 Ideas Corner located down in the Sims 4 section of this site to post this idea over there... ;)

@lisasc360 Thank you, you help make my point. I put this thread in Game Feedback first, moderators moved it here, and you think it should be in the Ideas Corner. You see how confusing it is with so many categories?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @salormoonlizz

@lisasc360 Thank you, you help make my point. I put this thread in Game Feedback first, moderators moved it here, and you think it should be in the Ideas Corner. You see how confusing it is with so many categories?

She wasn't saying that the thread should be there. She was saying that that person's request for a new game feature should be there. The person was posting in an unrelated topic in the wrong category.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @salormoonlizz

She wasn't saying that the thread should be there. She was saying that that person's request for a new game feature should be there. The person was posting in an unrelated topic in the wrong category.

@ehaught58, You're welcome... :)

@luthienrising, it's okay... ;) First, he was thanking me for letting that person know that this thread isn't for ideas and feedback and secondly, he was just saying how confusing it can be for the new members or even new full/old members when they want to add their ideas. Before the moderators had disabled the "New Discussion" button for the "New Members", I would see threads made by newly joined "New Members" starting a thread over here with ideas on what they would like to see in TS4 as this section is the first thing they see when they enter onto the site thinking that this forum section was for The Sims 4 ideas and feedback because they only see Ideas and Feedback and not Forum Ideas and Feedback when reading the category names even though this section clearly states Forum Ideas and Feedback and has a brief description of what this section is used for. They posted their threads in this section because they didn't know that there was a The Sims 4 section that already had an idea and/or feedback section. And back when we used to be able to move our threads to the proper section, I would post in those ideas/feedback threads for TS4 letting the OP know where they needed to move the thread to as the section that they had posted in was for Forum Ideas and Feedback for the forum itself and not the game as the game had their own section below. Sometimes the OP would then come back to the thread thanking me for letting them know that it was in the wrong place. Or if the thread did get moved to the right section, then that person would then post that it is in the right place. I would then post back that it's only in the proper place because the mods/gurus/simstaff would move it to where is needed to be. I've even seen some newer Full Members starting new threads over here with ideas for the game even though they know that TS4 has their own section for that but they state that they're not sure what section to make their thread in, so they end up making 2 threads, 1 in TS4 Ideas Corner and 1 in the Forum Ideas and Corners.

I still stand by my idea that I made in my earlier post about the Gurus/Mods combining The Sims 4 Ideas Corner with The Sims 4 Game Feedback and then moving it up in the General section and place it either in between Forum Ideas & Feedback and the Off Topic section or change the title to this section as Ideas and Feedback and make 2 sub-categories, the first one would be Forum Ideas & Feedback, the other one could be The Sims 4 Ideas & Feedback. Just my opinion... :)

• mdkisrowmdkisrow Posts: 3 New Member
    Is it just me or was Sims 3 better than Sims 4? In 3 you had far more control over building and decorating. You could change the color and design of things. You could change the neighborhood. The neighborhoods had far more building spots that Sims 4. Also the interaction of the sims in Sims 4 is basic and almost boring compared to Sims 3. I feel like I'm paying for a dumbed down version of what I already have. Oh and the apartment thing upset me to no end. Why have an apartment extension if WE CAN'T MAKE APARTMENTS???
    If this really is a problem with the amount of space the game takes then split it into two different games. One you play in and one to build in.
    edited March 2017
    @mdkisrow, there is a forum section in The Sims 4 area that has a feedback section for the game. The thread that you are posting in isn't about ideas or feedback for the game, it's asking what's the difference between the ideas and feedback sections.

Here is link for The Sims 4 Game Feedback:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback

We can all state our own opinions as to what section a thread should be posted in; most are pretty obvious, but a few are a bit confusing. But my whole point is there are way too many categories/sections in the forums. In some cases it can be difficult to know which one to put it in. Which means that it is left up to the interpretation of the moderator and can lead to some frustrations and hurt feelings.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • drvanlaeckedrvanlaecke Posts: 3 New Member
    Can we have more places to go on vacation? Like the beach or snowboarding
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    Can we have more places to go on vacation? Like the beach or snowboarding

This thread here isn't about ideas or feedback for the game but about the difference between the ideas and feedback sections.

Here is link for The Sims 4 Game Feedback:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
  • MerkinsprinklesMerkinsprinkles Posts: 10 New Member
    Suggestions
    list=1]
    [*] We need more grungy items, maybe a grunge pack;
    [*] bring back
    [*] bunk beds,
    [*] ladders and spiral stairs
    [*] mechanic and vacation pack (after you bring back pets)
    [*] [/list]
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top