Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simopoly a Monopoly challenge world - finished and released!

tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
This is a world I am building to play a Monopoly challenge game. It still has all the base game rabbit holes and can be used for any other legacy challenge type game as well.

Why did I want a Monopoly board world? Well my grand daughter loves to play monopoly and sims and always wants to play games when she visits, so I thought why not combine the two for a unique game we can play together!

Simopoly Challenge World was built with all Expansion packs and stuff packs installed (though not all used in the build). No CC was used. The following store content installed and some items were used from each pack:

some items from Midnight Hollow
Ford Focus Thriller pack - free pack
Renault Positive Energy Pack and charging station - free pack
Toyota Prius pack - free pack
Best of 2012 compilation pack
up the ante pack

Simopoly Blog: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/category/simopoly/

Link to download thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9040774
Post edited by tammyjo329 on

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simopoly pics:

screenshot-4.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-12.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-2.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    simopoly-world-1.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    oriental-ave2.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    vermont-ave1.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    connecticut-ave1.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    edited January 2017
    reserved for optional creator lots - want to rebuild and share some of those Community lots - let me know and I'll post your download links here!
    edited January 2017
    Simopoly Rules and Guidelines:

Prerequisites - Things you will need to start your game

Simopoly challenge world installed
    at least 1 YA sim made in CAS for single player game
    2-8 single sim YA households made in CAS for multiple player/rotation game play
    1 six sided die
    NRAAS mod- Debug Enabler (only needed when playing a single house hold game.)

CAS - create your player(s) anyway you want. I like to randomize mine.

Game settings:

Aging on - when playing:
    1 sim - 14 days for each life stage YA/A/E
    2 sims - 18 days for each life stage YA/A/E
    3 sims - 22 days for each life stage YA/A/E
    4 sims - 26 days for each life stage YA/A/E
    5 sims - 30 days for each life stage YA/A/E
    6 sims - 34 days for each life stage YA/A/E
    8 sims - 38 days for each life stage YA/A/E

Place each single sim household, one each in the starter lots. I like to place all 8 sim households even when only playing a single sim game. This gives my game more townies.

Before starting, check the rug sales on Community Chest and Tax lots, the game defaults them to 100%, so you will need to set them before un-pausing the game. Using player 1 pause game and go to each of the following lots and set rugs as listed below:

Community Chest lots house 1 (has 6 rugs) - set all to 200% at start of game or optionally set each one for a different % (25, 50, 150, or 200%) - once set they must remain the same for entire game.

Income Tax lot - Do the same as above for all six rugs.

Luxary Tax lot - Set all rugs to 200% always.

Now you are ready to play!

Game Goal:
    Accumulate as many properties and as much simoleons as you possibly can before game ends.

rules:

1) No money cheats

2) Start with your starter sim on starter lot 1, when turn is over rotate to the next sim household on starter lot 2 and so on.

3) one turn = 1 trip around the board, when you land on GO or pass GO your turn is over. Return to your starter lot, (But do not forget to stop and collect/harvest plants on GO lot first).

4) your starter/home lot = "GO" lot ... so you start on go and rolling a 1 first does not mean you landed on GO, but Baltic Ave. (I know you knew this right!)

5) You may only sleep or nap one time per lot while on any Community lot. If your sim passes out from sleep deprevation, you lose the rest of your turn and must return to your starter lot (you do not pass GO and you do not collect/harvest plants).

6) If next rotational player is unplayable (due to game picked it to be pet adoption home) this player looses a turn. Next time I'm sure it the adoption center will move to a new household. Now rotate to the next starter lot household.

7) You may only buy partnership or puchase community lots that you are currently visiting (landed on) while on the lot, Once you roll the dice and move on to the next lot you must wait til your next turn to purchase that lot.

8) Once you own (fully own) all lots in a monopoly, you may then purchase residential lots, once you have all 4 residential lots on an Avenue built you may buy and build a resort/hotel.

9) Partnerships may be purchased on rabbit hole lot by all players until a player has bought out the property. Once fully owned, any and all other players will need to sell their partnerships. Once a property is fully owned by one player, no other player is allowed to own that lot, unless the owner sells the property back for funds.

10) If any items on your starter lot are stolen or taken by the repo-man, you must replace them at right way.

11) If a player dies for any reason, accidental or old age they are out of the game and can not be resurrected.

12) Game is over once all Community lots, residential lots, and resorts are owned and built. The winner is the player with the highest net-worth. Net-worth is total of simoleons plus property value.

13) If playing multi-player/rotational game and all sims die but one, then game is over. Soul survivor is the winner.

Special lots:

GO - this is the starting position and end of turn in rotational play. When pass/landing of Go you may collect/harvest money trees and life plants. Life plants are important as they will keep your sim from aging while accumulating your wealth and property.

Community Chest - instead of cards we have 5 houses with oppurtunities to make simoleons of pay taxes and wall (#6) is an oppurtunity to advance directly to GO and collect/harvest plants. These lots are not purchasable.

Chance - has 6 plaques with instructions for your sim to travel to certain lots. If you pass GO to travel then you will stop collect/harvest plants and return home, and rotate to next player. These lots are not purchasable.

Rail Roads - are purchasable and once fully owned can not be owned or partnered by any other player. Any players with partnerships must sell.

Utility lots - are the same as Rail Road lots.

Jail - Just visiting - if you land on Jail you are just visiting. There are benches to nap on and a grill to cook on. This lot is not purchasable.

Free Parking - Not purchasable. There is however a treasure chest to open. When playing multiple household/rotational game the chest will reset for each time you change households. Only if playing a single sim game, will you need the debug enabler to reset the chest back to closed before leaving the lot (this allows you to collect again the next time you land on Free Parking!).

"GO TO JAIL" lot - If you land on the "go to jail" lot, you must tour the military base then travel back to your starter home lot. You do not pass GO you do not collect/harvest plants. You have lost the rest of your turn which now rotates to the next player, if you are playing a rotational game.

Income Tax and Luxary Tax lots play the same and look the same - roll the dice buy and sell item on #'d rug you rolled to pay your taxes. Now that you payed your taxes, you may go inside. There is food to order, a bed to rest on, a shower to clean up and a TV to entertain before you leave.

Other notable game settings:

You may choose whatever settings you like for these options. Here are my suggestions:

Turn pets off (stuck pets can cause lag)
    All weather on will make a more challenging game (harder to find collectables and harvestables in snow!)
    Setting weather to all summer, spring or both will allow for more harvestables and wild flowers in game.
    Full moon will spawn zombies and they will eat harvestable plants on community lots. Turning off makes the game easier keeping it on makes for more challenging game play.

Awww thanks RF. I am still testing things out and have a list of things to update yet, before I upload and release it. It seems to be coming along pretty well so far. I hope to upload soon. :p
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Haha, very clever and inventive! Nice job! *thumbs up*
    EiFlric.png
    Aww thanks ts1depot! I hope to have it ready to release soon and I hope you enjoy it.
    I've finally finished and have uploaded S3 Simopoly Challenge world thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9040774
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

@tammyjo329 your Simopoly Challenge world is just A W E S O M E!!!

The idea is already great but the execution is absolutely superb!!!! Love the starter homes on Go, adore the Reading Railroad Library and the way you thought of including 'chance', 'community chest' and 'tax' tiles is just brilliant!!! :)

It looks an absolutely fun-tastic world to play!!! My sims and I will definitely be spending more time in Simopoly ... even if we'll cheat and not follow the challenge rules. ;)
    Rec'd of course! <3 x
    edited January 2017
    Aww thanks Hidehi! :smiley:

.... and of course all rules and guidelines are really just suggestions :wink: Everyone should always play with their own game with your own spin style and which ever way is most fun for you.... As a matter of a fact I keep thinking of alternate rules to play as options ... but I had to reign myself in or the rules and guidelines would be pages long :p lol

I always love to see pics and read stories!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This is awesome!!!! Very creative, I love it :D
    Thanks SimTrippy. So, glad you like it :p
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Downloaded and rec'd! Looks like a lot of fun! Not sure when I will get to it, I have several projects going on right now but can't wait to check it out. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Thanks Tangie! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am! Have lots of fun with it!
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    What a cool idea! Very unique and interesting. It looks fun, I bet your granddaughter loves it. I may have to give it a go sometime :smile:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
    Aww thanks and yes Abby loves it. She came over last weekend and I thought I'd never get my computer back! LOL
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Wow, how creative! So how do you play with your grandaughter, do you take turns on the computer? How long does it take to play through a full game? I'm so curious about this. I will probably have to play it alone, but wouldn't it be great if we could actually play with other simmers? I wonder if there is a way?
    Just took a look at your blog, which was enlightening. I think I may try this. Question, do the sims get jobs and what if the game assigns another sim to a job while you are in rotation?
    LOL Hi Karilyn!

Yes we take turns ... 1 trip around the board = a turn ... next players turn :smiley:

Sometimes in rotation play the game will asign them jobs. I simply have them quit when it's their turn at rotation.
    Okay, I've got everything installed for a new game of Simopoly! I am going to use my sim Miss Ritchfield To play. She is currently living and working as a showgirl in Lucky Palms but she is booked to be on the reality show "Simopoly Island"...LOL. This may be the big break she's big hoping for!
    Miss Ritchfield is a real drama queen, she can be found in her "houseboat" here thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7338264
    I love her house boat. If you write a story, please share it with us. I;d love to follow her progress in Simopoly Island! :smiley:
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    I love her house boat. If you write a story, please share it with us. I;d love to follow her progress in Simopoly Island! :smiley:
    Sure, I'd love to! I think I need to create some more interesting Sims so I can rotate, even though I'll be playing alone :(. I loved the ones you created, you ought to upload them :smiley: