Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Wow, @JessicaSimston, moving to Australia, what an adventure! And congrats @clover24, how exciting! I hope those under the weather get better soon.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2017
    So sorry to hear you're still feeling so poorly, spark. Hope you feel better soon! You too, @cherpar. Get well quick!

I still haven't played with the toddlers. I guess it's a little too little, too late for me too. Just can't be bothered to drag out my laptop to update and play the game (I'm still refusing to install Origin on my new desktop). Still playing TS3 but I haven't had much to post as far as pictures.

Also, congrats to @clover24 and hope things go well with the move for your family @JessicaSimston.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've had to uninstall TS3 :( I wanted to play Fallout 4 but I didn't have enough memory on my PC and money is tight so I can't afford to upgrade, and so TS3 had to go.

That does not give you more memory. The memory is only used when you are actively playing the game. You cannot play both Fallout and the Sims at the same time - computer would not allow that. The minute you stop play ing one game the memory is freed up - and ready for the next game. So you uninstalled that for no reason. At least not a memory problem. LOL.

All removing a game does is free up hard drive space. I have probably 50 - 60 games on my pc - tons of books and at least 20 movies - all at the same time. I still have 14 of my 16 gigs of ram ready for Sims when I am done playing any other game or playing any movie. The ram comes right back when one game or use is shut down. Ready for the next use. That was just weird to me. LOL.

The 2 missing gigs of ram is always in use when the pc is on as the OS uses that - so nothing gives you back that ram.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I've had to uninstall TS3 :( I wanted to play Fallout 4 but I didn't have enough memory on my PC and money is tight so I can't afford to upgrade, and so TS3 had to go.

That does not give you more memory. The memory is only used when you are actively playing the game. You cannot play both Fallout and the Sims at the same time - computer would not allow that. The minute you stop play ing one game the memory is freed up - and ready for the next game. So you uninstalled that for no reason. At least not a memory problem. LOL.

All removing a game does is free up hard drive space. I have probably 50 - 60 games on my pc - tons of books and at least 20 movies - all at the same time. I still have 14 of my 16 gigs of ram ready for Sims when I am done playing any other game or playing any movie. The ram comes right back when one game or use is shut down. Ready for the next use. That was just weird to me. LOL.

The 2 missing gigs of ram is always in use when the pc is on as the OS uses that - so nothing gives you back that ram.

@Writin_Reg Hard drive space was what I meant lol. I only tend to have one program open at a time so I don't really ever upgrade my ram. I only have one hard drive and they're really expensive where I live. Me and my partner built both of our computers together, and mine and is pretty powerful in every aspect apart from hard drive space and ram. For some reason I just refer to my ram as memory because that's how my partner always referred to it. I do know the difference, I guess sometimes I just forgot that's not the proper term. It just makes sense to me.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Ah okay.

You never know though I have friends who actually think uninstalling a game will free up more ram, I don't care how many times I tell them differently. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some recent pictures from me: :smile:

17240077_1896702297279120_6315142856308063185_o.jpg?oh=bfc64e28c198e35276053da54a7a7028&oe=59277C61

17218484_1896722467277103_8450878224184768901_o.jpg?oh=98d289170fd537589bdc23b1c4861f2a&oe=595FDBE4

17157670_1896722317277118_5695459936867167716_o.jpg?oh=ac2863fb6e934a586ac1bb0e50fbce51&oe=592E7293

17240528_1896805207268829_4514113397691875538_o.jpg?oh=acd046cd22c920cf8b8e22300f1b8751&oe=5970265B

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Sims 3 does manage to have some lovely scenery. Great shots @king_of_simcity7 !

Best wishes to the various simmers facing big life changes!
  • Options
    @Thrippa Thanks for the feedback :smile:

I got my computer back today and now for he slow task of installing everything Sims related back onto it :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2017
    @king_of_simcity7

I love your picture of the windsurfing Sim! I wish we could have more ocean related activities in TS4 but all that's available is fishing unfortunately :(

I found a good baby mod for TS4, it allows for babies to be moved around the lot in live mode. It's not much and doesn't add any new interactions but it's something I've wanted in the game for a while now, it's just a shame the devs didn't implement it. If babies can't be freed from the bassinet then this is the next best thing imo.

http://sims4downloads.net/mod-the-sims-mms-good-baby-movement-by-laska2222/
  • Options
    @JessicaSimston Thanks for the feedback :smile:

Sadly I do question weather TS4 would even have half of what TS3 has in the end :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2017

Sadly I do question weather TS4 would even have half of what TS3 has in the end :(
    Ok how can you compare games TS4 is not like TS3 they run on different game software and they are built differently. That is like asking Rockstar to make all the GTA games exactly the same.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Ok how can you compare games TS4 is not like TS3 they run on different game software and they are built differently. That is like asking Rockstar to make all the GTA games exactly the same.

This isn't a thread to talk about the differences between The Sims really. Everyone knows this situation so lets not go down that route :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

This isn't a thread to talk about the differences between The Sims really. Everyone knows this situation so lets not go down that route :no_mouth:
    Ok then I will protest toddlers and please don't tell me I can age them up I have heard that many times. I hate toddlers they are annoying and they are the most useless stage.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    uh...@king_of_simcity7 is not a big toddler fan so I don't expect him to give a hoot
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Going to have to tag @SimStaffBethelle and @SimGuruDrake to keep this thread stress free for @sparkfairy1. That is all. Also newest member of my real life family I got today. She is a three month year old puppy named Buttercup.
    Buttercup_and_Sasha_small.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Ok then I will protest toddlers and please don't tell me I can age them up I have heard that many times. I hate toddlers they are annoying and they are the most useless stage.

I'd you hate toddlers, why have you got one in your profile picture... :no_mouth:

@Scobre Cute puppy :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd you hate toddlers, why have you got one in your profile picture... :no_mouth:
    Sounds like someone is just trying to stir the pot, I would ignore them if I were you.

My teen (Holly) in my family finally aged up! Here she is at her graduation (on the right) with her mum and dad:
    082.jpg?dl=0

She wants to be a superstar singer, but is sadly reduced to this at the moment:
    084.jpg?dl=0

And during that embarrasing moment, who should she see walking into the cafe but the guy she's all google-eyed over:
    085.jpg?dl=0

She legged it into the toilets as fast as lightening to change into something less ridiculous:
    086.jpg?dl=0

:D

Edit: I had to laugh at that first picture - while they were inside having the graduation, some sims came along and built that snowman and some others also built an igloo right in front too. I had a tough time trying to get my screenie without a huge igloo in the way!
  • Options
    I thought that I was the forums resident pot stirrer! :D

But back on topic, nice new pictures, @elanorbreton. I have seen Sims do some inconvenient stuff before but I am yet to see Sims build an igloo in front of a lot :open_mouth: At least you got an ordinary snowman and not the Grim Reaper one :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 I just went back to see if it had melted yet so I could get a screenie for you, and someone has built another snowman lol. It all looks so perfectly placed and symmetrical, I couldn't have done it better myself.

Igloo.jpg?dl=0
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want the seasons in the Sims 4 :cry: xD
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    @elanorbreton That actually looks perfect! :smiley: Maybe you could post it in a 'funny picture' thread :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    You guys are making me want to play sims 3 with all the lovely weather I'm seeing in them
  • Options
    I want the seasons in the Sims 4 :cry: xD
    Now that we have toddlers, weather is the thing I miss the most in ts4.
    clover24 wrote: »
    You guys are making me want to play sims 3 with all the lovely weather I'm seeing in them
    Well, come on in and join us! :)
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @elanorbreton when I get a good couple of hours spare I will do ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top