Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Hi @arianarenee9 , have you checked through the steps in the troubleshooting guide. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting is the simple version. In particular, do you get the notification when the household loads into the live mode like this image?
    bi4VYJN.jpg

@arianarenee9 when you reinstalled MC, did you leave your existing (edited!) mc_settings.cfg file in the folder?

Do you still have that file?

If you see the blue window when you load a live lot (version number you see will not be 2.16.0 ), possibly you need to enable some menus, notification settings, etc. What number DO you see, if the window is there?

If you didn't keep your settings file and MC does load, you'll have default settings. That could be why some menus aren't showing up for you now.

Try this: mccc bella goth and see if a MC window pops up for her.

Check /Sims4 for any LastException files, and look in /MC for any error messages in your MC log. mc_cmd_center.log file. If you don't have Logging enabled, please do that, since you're having trouble right now getting things working.

If you have ANY other Mods OR cc in, have you checked all of that extra stuff for post-patch compatibility?

Hopefully something here helps. If not, either post back here, or come to Discord and chat with us.

It really IS a lot easier to handle issues via chat than by posting back and forth. I've seen it in action. I've done it.

Come try us out. ;)

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

• arianarenee9arianarenee9 Posts: 19 New Member
    Hi!

I don't get that popup in my game, I will definitely follow that link! Thanks!
    I will go try all of that stuff out! I actually just got back to playing after not playing for about a month and a half. I replaced all the files in my mods folder with the new downloads, that's all I have there regarding that.

I have taken all my other mods out of my game and just left MCC in there, and it still isn't working.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I will go try all of that stuff out! I actually just got back to playing after not playing for about a month and a half. I replaced all the files in my mods folder with the new downloads, that's all I have there regarding that.

I have taken all my other mods out of my game and just left MCC in there, and it still isn't working.

did you enable mods?
    I think I got it to work! Thank you guys for the suggestions!(:
  • BonitamyBonitamy Posts: 2 New Member
    help me, please!
    I installed MC but it didnt work
    when the sims start up, It showed the mcc in the list mods
    but when I click on the computer. It didnt work, no label " MCC".
    I check everything, mods list has MCC but when in the live mode, I cant see anything
    I tried delete CC and MCC and reinstall, but not work
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Did you remember to tick "Script mods" in the settings menu for the game?
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Bonitamy wrote: »
    help me, please!
    I installed MC but it didnt work
    when the sims start up, It showed the mcc in the list mods
    but when I click on the computer. It didnt work, no label " MCC".
    I check everything, mods list has MCC but when in the live mode, I cant see anything
    I tried delete CC and MCC and reinstall, but not work

Another thing to check -- is your game updated to the latest version? (Currently 1.27.80.nnnn) I believe you can get results as you've described if your game version is outdated.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • BonitamyBonitamy Posts: 2 New Member
    Yup, I do anything follow the direction,
    @Ayradyss maybe you're right, I'm in version dine out, havent updated city living yet. Can I use MCC old version for me? and if what version I can use?
    thanks
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry, but I'm doing this in a foreign language, English, but this seems to mean we can no longer get MC Command center unless we pay for it. I've used it for ages and can't find another story progression mod for a start. So, when I get a game update and Command center doesn't work, I shall have to stop using it or pay? Or have I gotten this wrong? I've looked at the page and there is an update but you can't get it without paying.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Sorry, but I'm doing this in a foreign language, English, but this seems to mean we can no longer get MC Command center unless we pay for it. I've used it for ages and can't find another story progression mod for a start. So, when I get a game update and Command center doesn't work, I shall have to stop using it or pay? Or have I gotten this wrong? I've looked at the page and there is an update but you can't get it without paying.

No, you don't have to pay for it. You can donate via Patreon, if you so chose, but it is not at all obligatory to pay. You can still get it for free here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/ - scroll on down the page a bit to where it says "MC Command Center Release 3.2.0 is out!" where you will find download buttons.
    It's as well to be aware that there is a small perk for donating via patreon, you get to test the latest version before it's available for free to the general community. That is the "pay" connection you may be thinking of.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2017
    Once again, those who donate, don't get to test a full version of the one in development no.
    Patreons get the chance to try alpha versions of the mod, before it is done enough to be considered a safe mod.
    Before new MCCC is released to the public, it is NOT considered safe.
    It can even corrupt your game, if you're not careful with it.
    So i really cant see this as a perk, since I would never use the test versions for my live-games.
    I even have a seperate the sims 4 folder for testing the new versions, so that I play with no other mods or cc while trying it.
    @Ayradyss maybe you're right, I'm in version dine out, havent updated city living yet. Can I use MCC old version for me? and if what version I can use?
    thanks
    Which expansions you have and not makes no difference to what version of the game you have.

In you sims 4 folder, the one you have your mods in, there is a file, called Game Version.txt
    That file tells you what version of the game you have.

Happy Simming!

Post edited by itsug on
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    Thanks for the information. So that's what the words pre-release means. I thought pre meant before so I was puzzled. Thanks again.
    thanks

Other than the GameVersion.txt file, you can also see your game version at the bottom left corner of the screen where the PLAY and other buttons are.

If you're saying you haven't patched since Dine Out, then no, MC 3.2.0 won't work for you.

We don't offer or support older versions of MC, other than ONE version prior to the current file (not available on Tumblr, these "last MC files" are only posted to Discord). It isn't old enough to help you... I'd suggest versioning up your game. Once you do, MC will work fine for you.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Is it okay to ask questions here still? I haven't gotten Discord yet. I will have to check into that when I am feeling better. I had Periodontal surgery so I am not feeling the best.

My question is: Is there anything in this mod that takes away the nicely decorated moodlet? I kind of looked through it and didn't see anything that would do that. But I just want to be sure before I download another mod. Thanks!!

Oh, good.

You should go to the Tumblr pages, that's where the FREE (current) MC files are being posted.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

Both MC and the extra file are available on the post about MCCC 3.2.0. (Scroll down to it.)

Were you looking at the Patreon pages?

Or, (I'm guessing this is what happened...) were you looking at Deaderpool's top blog post, where he notified people he has a new pre-release version of 3.3.0 up for those on Patreon who'd like to test it?

It's a blog. It's likely to have more that just MC Update posts. But he'll always title those with MCCC and the version number, so we'll know which post to download from. I think maybe you just didn't browse far enough down the page. :)

Whatever version of MCCC goes with EA patches will ALWAYS be available FREE for players.

Not one player lost ANYTHING when he decided to opt in to a Patreon account. Players who don't want to donate... don't. (240-some are.)

It is NOT going to make any difference AT ALL to the level of support provided, if you have a question, comment, or issue. Come to Discord, or post here. Here, you get help from various "cheerleaders." If you want to interact with Deaderpool, come to the MCCC channels on Discord.

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Not one player lost anything when he deleted his mods from MTS, either, except a hostile environment.

We are VERY happy with our new setup of Documentation/Downloads on Tumblr, and Real Time (depending on work etc) Chat Support via Discord. Someone has been around, ever since we moved.

I'm personally very happy to have everything related to MCCC available on Tumblr, so I don't have to send out "other part" links after every update. ;) I honestly didn't mind doing it, but it's nice not having to, now, too. :)

Try us. You might like what you find.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Is it okay to ask questions here still? I haven't gotten Discord yet. I will have to check into that when I am feeling better. I had Periodontal surgery so I am not feeling the best.

My question is: Is there anything in this mod that takes away the nicely decorated moodlet? I kind of looked through it and didn't see anything that would do that. But I just want to be sure before I download another mod. Thanks!!

No, this mod doesn't do anything like that. UI Cheats would. What other mod are you looking at? (curious)

It's fine to still ask questions here. If I/we don't know, I'll ferry them for you, till you get around to feeling better. And looking at Discord. (Web or app, if that helps.)

I suppose I should've expected this thread to catch more attention, when MC comments went away... :p

Feel better! <3 Just because. ;)

Nice to "see" you!
    edited March 2017
    Brilliance takes a while. And I learned today that I could do this:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/157677987951/mc-command-center-release-320-is-out

There's the link to the post with the current downloads of MCCC. Please share the word. People are looking.

Thanks! :)

Edit: this link is available in my signature, next to the release date, under the version number. I'll keep them updated there. (Posts from me aren't real hard to find. :p )
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    OK. I think we're at cross purposes here. ( I think that means what I think it means).
    I've used Command Center almost since it first came out and every now and then I looked on Mod the Sims to see if there was an update, especially after a new pack or game update was released, because it some cases it no longer worked completely due to the EA update.

A few days ago I had a look to see if there was an update and found a link which I followed to a Tumblr where I read about a new version. I just looked again and read the following:

MC COMMAND CENTER PRE-RELEASE
    For Patreon subscribers, the second pre-release for 3.3.0 is now available here.
    Thanks! :)
    The current public release is 3.2.0 and is available here.

This says nothing about the latest version being a test version and so I clicked on the Patreon link and read the following: I will make stable pre-release deployments of the next versions of the modules available for supporters. ---Stable.

So, what worries me is that when I get a game update, and I'm set to get them automatically because it works better that way for my game, or buy a new pack, the version I have of the Command Center will need updating to work well and I won't be able to get it unless I support Patreon.

Now, I have kids and a lot of expenses, and I know it's not much but I can't really commit to spending any more money on the game. So, I can't find anything that says if and when non subscribers will have access to the newest versions of Command Center. So, I'm worried I will have to stop using it. I'm not complaining about people getting cash for their work, good for them, I just can't find out when or if I will be able to get the newest version.
    I think pre-release is pretty much just a more technical word for "test version". I am sure Deaderpool's intention is to get a working version out for free to the community in a timely manner.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    @kampffenhoff if/when MC breaks because of an EA update a 'hot fix' will be released for everybody pretty quickly. DP is really, really good at doing this. The system worked even when he was posting on MTS and had his Patreon supporters site. So now MTS is no longer hosting MC, the working version will be available from links on tumblr and @egwarhammer has the current link in her signature here on these forums.

The only thing that has changed is that instead of getting the updated mod from an MTS page you can get it from the tumblr page.

There is no obligation to support DP on Patreon and no need to do so to get a working version of the MC Mod. Those of us who do support him do it voluntarily because we think he deserves it. He responds to that generosity by allowing us to play around with early releases of his next enhanced version; often asking if we can keep a close eye out for problems with the new bits. When he is completely satisfied that his latest version is finished he will make it available to everybody on tumblr.

So to emphasise this point: If one exists, DP will have a working version of his mod available for free on tumblr.

• SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    What does the patreon version of the mod have that isn't in the regular version?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited March 2017
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    What does the patreon version of the mod have that isn't in the regular version?

Technical speaking, there is no 'patreon version' of MCCC at all.

I don't know, what answer you expected, but be assured that not a single MC feature is patreon exclusivly. Everything is released to the public, once the new version is available for free on the new download location https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/.

The so called 'patreon version' is a PRE-VIEW of the next public version. As a patron you will see some of the new features which are intended to be a part of the next release. In an early phase it's not much, because at this point @Deaderpool starts developing his ideas. In the late phase it's almost an 1:1 copy of the future public release.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »

Bugs (lol).... Patreon supporters are basically beta testers for the newest version, they help DP to identify any mod bugs so he can release a stable version for free to the public. I think it's brilliant, 3.2.0 was completely stable, I never saw any bug complaints.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top