Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work or Dine Out?

Simple question guys, I have an extra 20 bucks to spare and was wondering with the sale would it be smart to get GTW or just settle with Dine Out. After re-looking at Get To Work I am a little on the fence about the Retail being a reason to buy. I love everything about Dine Out, but like I said before Get To Work has a few elements that expand on the base game while Dine Out is sorta a tack on.

Comments

• Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    Get to work can be fun to follow your sims to work with but I've hardly used retail. I personally like owning a return more as there are more customizable aspects of it such as menus and I have my sims visit returns often for dates for several reasons. They automatically give your sims the flirty emotion and it seem more romantic than other date destinations and offers more privacy (since sometime other sims join in on the conversation and make it awkward at other locations).
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    Simple question guys, I have an extra 20 bucks to spare and was wondering with the sale would it be smart to get GTW or just settle with Dine Out. After re-looking at Get To Work I am a little on the fence about the Retail being a reason to buy. I love everything about Dine Out, but like I said before Get To Work has a few elements that expand on the base game while Dine Out is sorta a tack on.

If you are really that up in the air then I would think GTW would be the more attractive option because of it's size.
    It's an EP. it's just plain bigger...so if you do any building at all, you'll get more bang for the buck going that route.
  • Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    I personally love the dine out pack more. Ive barely used GTW because its been so buggy. the careers are fun but until they fix everything thats wrong with the careers i dont use them. Dine out is so much fun. I love running my own restaurant and sending sims on dates.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I would say that if you think you'll definitely get both eventually, then get GTW while it's on sale and save money. You can't really go wrong with getting a whole expansion pack for half the price. Plus, there's bound to be some things in there that will be of use to you, and you might find that you enjoy the careers. I was surprised that I liked them more than I thought I would, and the aliens are really cool. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Get dine out. Get to work isn't worth it, unless you like aliens.
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    This was a tough decision for me too but I figured that I probably won't get as much of a discount on expansion packs than I would at the moment so I forked out on all of them while I had the opportunity. Obviously it's up to you but, as an above comment mentioned, if you think you'll end up getting both eventually then I'd go for Get to Work while it's on sale. Personally I haven't played around with this pack yet but being able to follow your Sim to work and see what they get up to has always been something that I had wanted to do in the Sims so I'm looking forward to having a go with it. :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I kind of have more fun with dine out. But if you are planning to buy both eventually then I'd go with GTW now and DO when it's half off.
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    As most of you guys said, yes I plan on getting both eventually, but didn't know if GTW was worth it even at the price. I will get GTW first as you guys suggested. Thank you guys sooo much!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    As most of you guys said, yes I plan on getting both eventually, but didn't know if GTW was worth it even at the price. I will get GTW first as you guys suggested. Thank you guys sooo much!

Good choice. GTW at half-price is much better than GTW at full price. You might also be able to get Dine Out in a bundle or on discount for $10 in the future. :relaxed:
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I would definitely say Get to Work. Dine Out is fun but there isn't a ton to do in it really. Way more to do in Get to Work.
  • Options
    Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    I also agree, you made a great choice! Get to work for me has been one of my favorites. I'm a nurse so I personally love making my sims go through the Dr. Career. It definitely helps that the expansions are on sale right now :)
  • Options
    IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    I love Aliens so I would choose Get To Work, also as others have said more bang for your buck.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Dine out, totally. I use Dine out all the time, I hardly ever use get to work-but I guess it depends on your play style.