Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @ZombieMew I hope you enjoy your Sims 4 game! :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    @LillaGrisen
    Thank you. I can't wait.
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2017
    @AuzzPanda No problem, you are more than welcome. :)

@ZombieMew I hope you will enjoy Sims 4. I haven't played it myself, only watched youtube lets plays, but from what I see and what I've heard and read it's rather quite a disappointment compared to the previous 3 generations. Even from just watching, it doesn't even feel like a Sims game. The only thing that seems to be fantastic is the new toddlers lol And I mean, they only came like 2 1/2 years after Sims 4 was released.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @ZombieMew I hope you will enjoy Sims 4. I haven't played it myself, only watched youtube lets plays, but from what I see and what I've heard and read it's rather quite a disappointment compared to the previous 3 generations. Even from just watching, it doesn't even feel like a Sims game. The only thing that seems to be fantastic is the new toddlers lol And I mean, they only came like 2 1/2 years after Sims 4 was released.
    That's kind of what I feel about TS4 as well. There are things I think they have improved upon; I've heard the game runs way smoother (haven't actually played TS4 myself), the multitasking feature is awesome and I actually really like the new, slightly older toddlers. However, I don't like the new "cartoony" look, how sims seem to lack a "soul" (I just couldn't see myself getting attached to one as I have in the previous games - that's what I mean by the lack of a "soul") and EA's terrible treatment of the Sims-fanbase - you do not release an unfinished Sims-game without toddlers and pools just to add them in later!

I still hope @ZombieMew finds TS4 just as entertaining if not more so than previous instalments, especially since it would plum to have paid for a game that is not fully enjoyable. :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @charlotteprice Thank you for the bike! I know they're quite expensive, so thank you so much! :mrgreen: I'ven now updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member

Updated My Top Five:
    Link To Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Robertjameess
    Link To top-five: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14528289/#Comment_14528289
    Removed: Broken Wind Jacket. Thanks @Ktarian
    Removed: Happily Ever After - Hero's Journey Outfit. Thanks @Ktarian
    Removed: Championship Football Trophy. Thanks @Ktarian
    Replaced w/: The Bee's Knees
    Replaced w/: He's a Live Wire Radio
    Replaced w/: Jars of Spirits Lighting
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    LissieBess wrote: »
    @charlotteprice Thank you! Just found your gift, so thank you very much! Updated my Top 5. Thank you! I wonder how many more times I can say thank you... I blame the lack of sleep last night for my repetitiveness tonight.

I have to agree with LissieBess, you've been unstoppable!
    Thank you for the gifts!

I've updated my top5.
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Thank you @Nomiko13 my friend for the heels!! <3 downloading as I type ;)
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    Oh my goodnesss! Thank you @charlotteprice for my gift! Updated my Top 5
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Kitiara you're so welcome!

Hahaha @charlotteprice slayed a couple of my top five's.... once again :lol: Thank you! <3

Top 5 updated here!

@ZombieMew let us know if you like it or not :) I'll admit I didn't like it at all at first but that was mostly due to there being no open world and no toddlers. And I wasn't used to the changes they brought upon. Now, I couldn't care less if there's an open world or not since as I think about it, I spent most time in the homes in Sims 3 anyway (until my sims were "stir crazy"), unless I was going to work lol. Anyways, I at first was finding any and every reason to hate it (even small reasons) without experiencing it much, instead of acknowledging some of the things we wanted in Sims 3 being given to us in 4. As I think about it more and more, I hated the rabbit holes anyway in the open world <.< It killed me when my teen went to Prom and I couldn't see inside the school what was going on... the only rabbit hole I didn't mind was the grocery store.

And oohhh City Living! Are you going to move into an apartment? I experimented with this and on the move-in day, my sims were infuriated that the neighbors were being too loud. I walked to their door and saw hearts floating in the air.... and after doing some research on what City Living brings, I realized the neighbors were woohooing very boisterously. I hollered in laughter because EVERYONE in my household was furious, so I had my sim knock angrily and loudly on their door to tell them to keep it down. I observed some more and my neighbors' home has a lively/party trait or whatever, which explains them being inconsiderate with loud noises :joy: I thought that was pretty neat! Also, the festivals are a nice addition but I've only been to like, 3, because it seems the festivals I really wanna try out only happen when I'm at work. I recommend you get Get Together, if you're into clubs/club activities. At first, I didn't care much for the pack until I joined a group and hung out with members.

(And this is a little off topic, but you can now have MULTIPLE romantic partners - I learned recently - my woman sim has 2 girlfriends and 4 boyfriends! It killed me that you had to break up with your current bf/gf in Sims 3 to date someone else, like let us create scandal, yo. :sob: I got my woman sim completing the serial romantic aspiration since her and my man sim are on and off....ohh and she's currently preggers with his second child while seeing others. My man and woman sim are pictured in my profile... they're "enemies with benefits")
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @ZombieMew let us know if you like it or not :) I'll admit I didn't like it at all at first but that was mostly due to there being no open world and no toddlers. And I wasn't used to the changes they brought upon. Now, I couldn't care less if there's an open world or not since as I think about it, I spent most time in the homes in Sims 3 anyway (until my sims were "stir crazy"), unless I was going to work lol. Anyways, I at first was finding any and every reason to hate it (even small reasons) without experiencing it much, instead of acknowledging some of the things we wanted in Sims 3 being given to us in 4. As I think about it more and more, I hated the rabbit holes anyway in the open world <.< It killed me when my teen went to Prom and I couldn't see inside the school what was going on... the only rabbit hole I didn't mind was the grocery store.

(And this is a little off topic, but you can now have MULTIPLE romantic partners - I learned recently - my woman sim has 2 girlfriends and 4 boyfriends! It killed me that you had to break up with your current bf/gf in Sims 3 to date someone else, like let us create scandal, yo. :sob: I got my woman sim completing the serial romantic aspiration since her and my man sim are on and off....ohh and she's currently preggers with his second child while seeing others. My man and woman sim are pictured in my profile... they're "enemies with benefits")
    I think it's great actually that they got rid of some of the rabbitholes at least (OT, but is what EP is prom? Generations?). I saw a bit of Get to Work and it looks really fun being just a pain in the plum to your colleagues! :naughty: I don't like however that some functions have been removed completely such as the grocery store and the book store. Personally I miss TS2 when you actually had to buy clothes in order to wear them (seriously, why was that taken out of the game - that includes TS3!). Plum! Gotta get off this soapbox before it's to late! :lol:

The fact you can have multiple partners seems awesome! Is there also polygamy (as in your partners don't get jealous)? Can you have multiple spouses, as in you have one family in one place and another family somewhere else and they don't know about each other? (can you tell I am an awful person when I sim? :lol:)
    That story about your avi-couple sounds really interesting! I know this is a TS3 forums, but I'd love to see small updates of what happens (or maybe you could direct me to somewhere you've already posted such things - I don't hang around the TS4 foums much since I don't own the game :kissing:)
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited March 2017
    I think it's great actually that they got rid of some of the rabbitholes at least (OT, but is what EP is prom? Generations?). I saw a bit of Get to Work and it looks really fun being just a pain in the plum to your colleagues! :naughty: I don't like however that some functions have been removed completely such as the grocery store and the book store. Personally I miss TS2 when you actually had to buy clothes in order to wear them (seriously, why was that taken out of the game - that includes TS3!). Plum! Gotta get off this soapbox before it's to late! :lol:

The fact you can have multiple partners seems awesome! Is there also polygamy (as in your partners don't get jealous)? Can you have multiple spouses, as in you have one family in one place and another family somewhere else and they don't know about each other? (can you tell I am an awful person when I sim? :lol:)
    That story about your avi-couple sounds really interesting! I know this is a TS3 forums, but I'd love to see small updates of what happens (or maybe you could direct me to somewhere you've already posted such things - I don't hang around the TS4 foums much since I don't own the game :kissing:)

Prom is in Generations :) And your teen can win Prom King/Queen and come home with a crown :3 And a pic of them and their Prom date. Sadly, Get to Work has UNFIXED bugs that are plumming me off (censored myself on purpose), such as you, the doctor, admitting patients to already occupied beds and now since the latest patch, no pregnant sims are coming to the lot to be delivered and I need to deliver a pregnant sim to get a promotion; I seeked help and was advised to cheat my way to the next promotion... which is a no from me, so I haven't been going to work with my doctor sim - just been sending her alone because what's the point in following her if I'm not gonna get a promotion to level 9? But anyway, I simply refuse to cheat my way to a promotion as I have accumulated over 68,000 simoleons without cheats :angry: The only cheat I've used is resetsim and cas.fulleditmode. No money cheats because Sims gets boring if you cheat your way through.... I learned this the hard way with Sims 3 <.<

Sadly, no polygamy though I'm sure some simmer will make a polygamy mod, because despite my sims being enemies with benefits, they still get jealous when they catch each other flirting with others. They'll sit through yelling and fuming until the romantic bar turns red :sob: And they'll have a negative moodlet for, like, 24 sim hours, and even when that moodlet disappears, it'll take some major persistence to get that bar back to pink instead of red, because they'll reject romantic advances from you. Haha! I recall when my woman sim was cheating and got caught, another relationship developed called, "Bad Match" and "It's Very Awkward". It took me over a sim week to get my man sim to become my enemy with benefits again because he was still resentful. He was so resentful, he romantically pursued one of her side sims while he was flirty lol.

And sure! No problem! I've been screeshotting monumental moments and plan on posting a story about them soon :)

Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    LOL not even an hour and I have to update my Top 5 once again. Ugh, what a nuisance, thanks to @LillaGrisen now I have to go through the trouble of adding new Top 5's. Shame on you. (//sarcasm :lol: )

Top 5 updated here!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Okay, I'll try and break down my answer into parts because I feel otherwise it's going to be waaay too nonsensical :sweat_smile:
    Prom is in Generations :) And your teen can win Prom King/Queen and come home with a crown :3 And a pic of them and their Prom date.
    That's cute! To be fair, we don't have Prom King/Queen where I live, nor do many come with dates to their Prom, so the most I know about those traditions I get from cheesy teenage movies from the US (I know, right? :lol:). They always make it seem like such a big deal :open_mouth:
    Sadly, Get to Work has UNFIXED bugs that are plumming me off (censored myself on purpose), such as you, the doctor, admitting patients to already occupied beds and now since the latest patch, no pregnant sims are coming to the lot to be delivered and I need to deliver a pregnant sim to get a promotion; I seeked help and was advised to cheat my way to the next promotion... which is a no from me. I simply refuse to cheat my way to a promotion as I have accumulated over 68,000 simoleons without cheats :angry: The only cheat I've used is resetsim and cas.fulleditmode. No money cheats because Sims gets boring if you cheat your way through.... I learned this the hard way with Sims 3 <.<
    Oh, that plums... :frowning: I understand that you wouldn't want to cheat. It's much more satisfying to be able to look at your sim's success and say "I did that all by myself!". I actually used to cheat a lot back when I played TS and TS2 because I wanted to have lots of spare time for them to do other things, but as I started playing TS3 I stopped with that, and it's actually way more fun in my opinion to struggle and find the time for your sims to increase their skills :blush:
    Sadly, no polygamy though I'm sure some simmer will make a polygamy mod, because despite my sims being enemies with benefits, they still get jealous when they catch each other flirting with others. They'll sit through yelling and fuming until the romantic bar turns red :sob: And they'll have a negative moodlet for, like, 24 sim hours, and even when that moodlet disappears, it'll take some major persistence to get that bar back to pink instead of red, because they'll reject romantic advances from you. Haha! I recall when my woman sim was cheating and got caught, another relationship developed called, "Bad Match" and "It's Very Awkward". It took me over a sim week to get my man sim to become my enemy with benefits again because he was still resentful. He was so resentful, he romantically pursued one of her side sims while he was flirty lol.
    I think there should be a "polygamous" trait or something, but I suppose with the limited amount of traits available (three, is it?) it would feel sort of superfluous to have that in the game. It still seems to make for some interesting stories, though! I love that neither of them breaks up - is that not a feature in TS4? (I don't even know if it's a feature in TS3, lol)
    And sure! No problem! I've been screeshotting monumental moments and plan on posting a story about them soon :)
    Yes! :mrgreen:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    LOL not even an hour and I have to update my Top 5 once again. Ugh, what a nuisance, thanks to @LillaGrisen now I have to go through the trouble of adding new Top 5's. Shame on you. (//sarcasm :lol: )
    Hehehehe :naughty: All according to plan... *does the finger pyramid of evil contemplation*

You're very welcome, @Nomiko13, as well as the other people I gifted!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I've updated my Top 5 here :smiley:
    edited March 2017
    @LillaGrisen Lol they got into a fight after he kicked out the neighbor she was cheating on. As I think about this kind of stuff, I miss the reputations in Sims 3 :/ Nila should have the naughty unfaithful/reputation since she gets around lol

And I agree it's much more satisfying when you do things yourself. When I first started playing Sims 4, I realized how EXPENSIVE the houses were and how it's a challenge to earn a lot of money... even with over 60k simoleons, that isn't enough to own a house I want to buy... it costs around 130k simoleons :no_mouth:

And about Homecoming: yeah, the crowns and whatnot are no big deal to me, but I guess it's all a popularity thing... heck, I didn't even have a Prom date in real life to my Prom! :lol:

And too true about the traits... I hate that you can only have 3 <.< And after seeing the rejected list of traits/aspirations, I was disappointed. Like, really? I hope they change it in a patch, because I have always felt the traits lacked anyway.

Lastly, Haha! Thanks so much!
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 :flushed: They don't have reputations?! The nerve! How are the poor sims in the neighbourhood supposed to know that they should stay clear of Nila? :open_mouth:

I didn't know there were so many traits that didn't make the final cut! I feel like some of the "features" in TS4 are really budget versions of the ones in earlier instalments. Personally I would've liked to see that you would be able to choose up to (but not necessarily) five traits, as people are generally quite complex and hard to describe with just three words (heck, five is quite hard as well, but anything more and I will forever be stuck in CAS editing their personality :lol:). I don't know if this is a thing in TS4, but I'd like to see dynamic traits; the option to change a trait through an event since people's personalities are generally not as static as Sims make them seem. I remember TS2 had dynamic interests; you could have your sim read a UFO-magazine and go from a skeptic to a believer :mrgreen: If TS4 doesn't have it, TS5: make it happen!

Also, if there were any popular people in my school, I certainly never knew of them :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Jahnna
    Oh, and the worst was that since I really wanted it to get better and like it more, I just kept on buying the packs! I've held off since kids stuff though *pat on shoulder*
    I couldn't fall in love with S4. Then I tried S3 and LOVE sparkled. Of course I felt they were so money greedy but there was so much to do, you know..
    23rif7.gif
    @LillaGrisen Thank you so much! I now have an almost brand new top 5 list! I'm working on updating it now
    @Nomiko13 :flushed: They don't have reputations?! The nerve! How are the poor sims in the neighbourhood supposed to know that they should stay clear of Nila? :open_mouth:

I didn't know there were so many traits that didn't make the final cut! I feel like some of the "features" in TS4 are really budget versions of the ones in earlier instalments. Personally I would've liked to see that you would be able to choose up to (but not necessarily) five traits, as people are generally quite complex and hard to describe with just three words (heck, five is quite hard as well, but anything more and I will forever be stuck in CAS editing their personality :lol:). I don't know if this is a thing in TS4, but I'd like to see dynamic traits; the option to change a trait through an event since people's personalities are generally not as static as Sims make them seem. I remember TS2 had dynamic interests; you could have your sim read a UFO-magazine and go from a skeptic to a believer :mrgreen: If TS4 doesn't have it, TS5: make it happen!

Also, if there were any popular people in my school, I certainly never knew of them :lol:

@LillaGrisen TS4 doesn't have that complexity with traits unfortunately. There's reward traits and temporary traits that come with each aspiration, but that's meh to me. Recently, they added a few more traits, but that's still not enough for me. I also want the whims/wishes to be more personal. I hate having whims like "Kiss someone" if my sims is in a committed relationship... like, do it to where it says what sim specifically, like in Sims 3 when you had the wish of "Having a Child with ________" or "Make out with _______", etc. I will say that the whims for toddlers are pretty personal. "Ask Nila for food"/"Ask Matvei to play"/etc.

LOL I knew all the popular kids in my school because all of them were wealthy (coming from homes with BOTH mommy and daddy, with mommy being a lawyer and daddy being a doctor) and all of my IB/AP classes were filled with 'em. Teachers treated them differently and they always won Homecoming/Prom titles. Most were surprisingly REALLY friendly though. There were only a few snooty, mean-spirited ones that mocked students who took general classes and who dressed in hand-me-down/non name brand clothes.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's been a while since they were sent (or since I've been on here), but thank you @ZeeGee, @GoatKing, and @TrevorJ for the gifts in late December and early January. <3<3<3

And I finally updated my Top Five! :tongue:
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    @Jahnna

I got to play it for the first time today and I feel like this game works so much better than Sims 3. I have a gaming rig, so there was no excuse for Sims 3 to be slow and laggy. The open world sacrifice Sims 4 made was a pretty good one. I also love how more realistic the sims act. Your dad died? Just WooHoo and eat favorite foods and your grief is gone. Not in Sims 4! They need the time to overcome the grief and that is awesome. One of my other favorite features is the toonish graphic style. Heck: I am very happy that video games in general are starting to break away from the belief that realistic graphics = good game.

I do feel that the game is a bit lacking, but I am sure that it will be fixed once I get more stuff added to it.
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Just noticed that you now own the Store, @Jahnna. Congrats!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    @ZombieMew But isn't the game ridiculously overpriced? Even with the current discounts on Origin, the whole series is $165, not including ANY stuff packs or game packs. On top of all that, the trial version doesn't exist for a Mac computer, but it doesn't say that. So I can't even see if it will work properly for my computer. Seeing how Sims 3 keeps acting on my computer, and NONE of our issues have been fixed by EA, I'm severely put off of buying it at all.