Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Opinion on the Makeup in TS4?

2...Next

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I usually use the same three lipstick shades depending on skin color or the clear ones... I like the more natural eyeliner or the slight wing one. I use some of the eyeshadows usually more neutral or blended.
    The rest ..all the bright colors and weird lines or outlines in strange colors.. I only find a use to use those on aliens. I do like the spotted blush and eyeshadow for aliens though .. it looks really cute on them. I think of it as permanent markings since it blends with their skin well.
    I wish we could find a way to turn off/hide or delete the stuff we would never use.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    I want to have opacity tool and location adjustment tool. Some make up doesn't seem to fit my sim face's texture. Also, They need to bring some more natural make up. I'm not a fan of thick or wide make up.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    The Sims 4 make-up is horrible from the dark, thick eyeliner to the harsh, way too dark blush options. I too use only CC make-up as there are many creators who make beautiful make-up for our sims AND all the different skin colors.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I just buy CC makeup because the textures are better for someone who does wears a bit of highlighter and contour IRL, I like to have my sims looking very fierce and TS4 makeup is too Matt on my sims sometimes you need a little shine, give the people some SHINE!
  • Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    To be honest, a lot of the in-game makeup looks like clown makeup to me. I always give my female Sims the most natural look, using non-glossy lipstick shades and eye-popping eyeliner, with eye shadow that either goes well with their skin tone, or matches their outfit's colors. The different eye shadow shapes/stencils are rarely used by me. Same with the more neon looking lip colors.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I don't like any of the in game makeup except for the really nice dark eyeshadow so I can make smokey eyes and the eyeliner. Apart from those two I hate everything else, dull like the objects in the base game.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I don't use makeup in my game. I think my Sims are too small for it to have any significance. But with the abundance of it available as cc, I would think that it must not be too good.
  • HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    I personally dislike makeup even though I'm a female. But I know about them and I think the current set of makeup feels like an amateur makeup. They need to add professional looking makeup and perhaps along with the makeup artist career.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    If you use CC skins, the EA makeup doesn't show so I use CC makeup.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    When I put in some time actually looking into how to do makeup right, the main area I found lacking was Blush. 5 shades of normal blush and everything else is some super harsh face pattern.

Eyeshadow is manageable, but for some skin tones, it's hard to find a color that isn't super harsh in standing out, or just looks like a little kid got in the makeup kit.

Eyeliner I don't fully understand how to use it, but it seems ok.

Lipstick is probably the most friendly in terms of having different shades, though it couldn't hurt to have more.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    I don't use the makeup because you have to do it for each clothing change. The lipstick with the single line is just silly (really who does that) ? I would like to do one makeup and have it in each category and then I can remove it for sleep wear, or change it for formal, and party...if I choose to.

It was like this in TS3, I don't know why they changed it. It was so easy to come up with a neutral style that was automatically applied to all outfits. It was just as easy to create something unique for eveningwear.

That said: TS4 makeup is awful. It would have been manageable with an opacity slider. But since they didn't bother with that either... CC it is.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Bosselady11711Bosselady11711 Posts: 53 Member
    Some of the make-up is nice, and some is freaky weird.
    @Bosselady11711 is on twitter. Follow today!
  • XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    I used to use the make up originally with the sims 4. Then I discovered make up created by cc creators and my life has never been the same since. I was never a fan of the make up in the sims 4. It seemed wayyy too tame and it just didn't stand out to me or make my sims stand out as it should have. It just looked like they had a bunch of goop on their face, so I rarely used any of it.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I actually find the base game blush options really lacking. The selection for lips is pretty good, and I like the eye makeup options too, and the selection got even better and more varied with GTW. However, the base game blush is too sheer, it only comes in three colors, and only the brown one looks any kind of decent on darker skin tones. I do like the alien makeup, though.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    When it comes to makeup I always use the same "look" cuz I find some makeup colours can make sims look like clowns!
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I think skin tones and bright colours need sone work because a white eyeshadow on my sim looks like baby powder applied to an eyelid.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hate heavy makeup in real life, it is so ugly and only the “bad girls” if you know what I mean use it, so I really hate it in the sims.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top