Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they will add more professions?

AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
It would be awesome to see more. If they would which would you like to see? Veternarian wih the pets expansion or game pack would be my favourite.

Comments

• SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I would love to see a veterinarian as well. I would also love a groomer for pets, a beauty salon for my sims, maybe the fireman career, and like in a survey I saw a burglar.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I imagine they will. They add more ways to make money on a regular basis. Whether it's the new careers in CL or the flea market stuff, or being able to use clubs in GT to get people together to make stuff for you to sell (yay free labor, lol!)... most packs have stuff to make money with. Even stuff packs can make money for your Sims if you have Get to Work and make a store to sell the pack items.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I would love to have a version of the singing career back. Also, teachers, lawyers, actors, and what would any entertainment career be without an agent? We need more variety. I believe I have played all the jobs on the list. Gets a tad boring with the same ol', same ol'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Aww, a veterinarian would be so cool! I hope they add more as well. And I hope they function like the ones that were added in City Living.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'd have all my sims work as a veternarian :heart: can't wait until they make or release the pets gp/ep!
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes I'd love to have new jobs in the game!

The Education career HAS to return :'(
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing about the education career until I saw Neia's career mod. I haven't really played it too much, but I'm in love with it and their other mods as well.

I'm just sadden that I, personally, have to download mods to supplement for the things that this game hasn't included, like I miss so many things that were in the previous 3 series, but it's watevs at this point.

I was thinking the same thing about the education career until I saw Neia's career mod. I haven't really played it too much, but I'm in love with it and their other mods as well.

I'm just sadden that I, personally, have to download mods to supplement for the things that this game hasn't included, like I miss so many things that were in the previous 3 series, but it's watevs at this point.

Is Neia's like get to work or just normal careers?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Vets would be like doctors, only you get to spend all day with animals instead of whingy Sims.

I just want more active carreers instead of rabbit holes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

It's just like the regular careers. When they have to go in, they disappear and stuff, but they do have to gain skills and do tasks for promotions.

They have a mod for careers in: education, biology, military and self-employment with the option to choose different branches as you get promoted (except for the self-employment one of course).
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    I'd like to see more semi-active careers like the ones from City Living. Firefighter, Military, Actor/Film Director, Sculptor/Inventor.

As for careers based on packs, definitely the Vet one, Alchemist or something related to it (Makin' Magic/Warlocks and Witches pack)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

It's just like the regular careers. When they have to go in, they disappear and stuff, but they do have to gain skills and do tasks for promotions.

They have a mod for careers in: education, biology, military and self-employment with the option to choose different branches as you get promoted (except for the self-employment one of course).

Wait. @Neia has a military career mod? I missed that one!

Re. the OP: I'm sure we'll get more careers. I'd like an education one - active, much as I like the mod! (it has a librarian branch, which is perfect for one of my saves) - plus farming, military, and... something new. Maybe something like factory work up through owning the industry.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member

Don't know how comfortable you are with tossing mods inot your gamr, but there's a mod for that.

http://modthesims.info/d/586618
    Animals are always the best to work with :D
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I certainly wouldn't mind if they did.
    We could use some more vaiety.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    It would be cool if astronaut , painter and secret agent were "real" active careers :)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    You know i really kinda liked the architect career from TS3.. I had a boatlaod of fun with that,
    and the Devs in their infinite wisdom made the aspiration pretty much impossible to achieve knowing full well that people would break thei necks doing it anyway. Sadists...lol
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'd love it if we got more active and/or semi-active careers like the ones we got from CL. I'd like a veterinarian career and the return of the firefighter career from Ambitions.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'm hoping for more careers in general. Anything, really.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    It would be nice to see more working class careers, but I doubt it at this point. It seems like they are stripping working class jobs out of the Sims.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I'd love a military career. We need more career choices.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Careers are a big part of my gameplay, so I hope we get many more. I expect them to at least add teacher, firefighter, architect and some more creative careers like actor. Not sure what form I want the careers to be in, though. I like playing some of my sims' careers actively, and then I prefer the GTW model over the CL one. Playing the CL careers actively was disappointing to me, the tasks were too few, too repetitive and sometimes made no sense (why does an internet personality need to do a speech uptown, and why would a food critic paint a mural?). The tasks were repetitive in GTW as well, but at least you were busy and had your colleagues around to interact with plus lots of new objects to use. It felt like actual work instead of just walking around town like any other day.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    They also need to fix the musician. Seems like someone wasn't thinking at all when they lumped music with comedy. Music should be it's own career with different branches. They could have just kept it similar to TS3 with rock and classic branches. And remove the annoying one song license cap. The other careers, like painter and writer, don't have caps like that or take as long to produce something.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey what about the daytime tv show host career talk show host?