Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Hi @SilverDaybreak ! Great to here from you and glad you are doing well. ^_^ Sad to hear about your cat though. T_T
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hello Again @everyone,

Even though I'm not playing anymore, I still have fond memories and have come up with a couple of challenges or things you could do in your games.

For Sims 4 (would work in Sims 3, too)

Idea Number 1: Ongoing Legacy Challenge

Overview: In real life we don't really think of ourselves as being a particular generation, at least with number unless you're into genealogy and have counted the generations before you. The idea would be to start with a founding Sim or couple and play household out by not kicking anyone out and only add to it if there's room. If the children of the household grow up and marry a townie, then they can move out. It would be interesting to see how many 'generations' (only you would know) would live under one roof and make life would go on as usual with no clear cut generation divisions.

If someone is interested in trying this out in a test run, you can help work out the details of the do's and don'ts of the challenge. Where at all possible allow your Sims to live their lives 'As it Happens Style' with guidance as they work to complete LTW's and everyday wishes.

Second Idea: Random House Building Challenge

Overview: This is sort of something fun to do when you need a break from story writing and involves building your Sims house in a random and generational way. Kind of a modification of my Pioneer Challenge.

First you have your founding Sim by a large lot and then use the blueprints in the game (Sims 3 or 4) to build it but your Sim can only build one room per generation until it's completely finished and the last generation and enjoy it expense free (except for the regular Sims 4 build or in Sims 3 use the 'No Bills Ever' reward)

You would roll the dice to see which room they'd build first, then reduce their funds to almost nothing and then they have to earn the savings for the next generation to add on the next room. You can even roll to see which side of the first room you add to, how many levels the home will have, etc. Each generation can update the furniture in the prev gen room but not to theirs as they will have earn the money for the next generation's room. You can buy them sleeping bags and/or a tent to sleep in but they would have find other means of eating (i.e the local picnic area) and using the bathroom (i.e the bush), take them to the gym or some place to shower) depending on what room they begin with.

This can be a good addition to any who do the reg 'random challenge'

Those who like to build and also just to a Random Build and see where each room of a house ends up depending on each role. So you could end up having a living room next to a bathroom and bedroom on the first floor and the kitchen on the second floor. All using the blueprint plans. You can add hallways as necessary or include that in the rolls as well.

If any try this I would love to see how the house looks in the end.

For Sims 3 players: This is something I thought someone could try not really a challenge but a test of playing multi Sims in a job like the firefighter career in Sims 3. Create a household of 4 or more firefighters (like a squad) and see if you can play them all in a days work at the town's fire hall to see if you can get them all fighting the same fire or send the others on other calls.

I thought of this while watching the classic show 'Emergency'. Maybe you could see how many interactive careers this could work on.

If any of you try these please let me know how you do. I no longer have Origin on my computer but can be found on Facebook under Jan Tedford or email me at jangraceted@gmail.com

Will try to answer any questions you may have.

Have a wonderful day!

Silver
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    Hello, lovely people! (And hello and welcome back, @SilverDaybreak! Hope life's treating you well.)

I've had a bit of a 'mare this past week or two. My game was running really badly, and my computer in general was behaving like a pain in the rear-end, so I ended up backing up hundreds of GB of data and factory-resetting the PC. Since then I've been slowly weeding through my CC and reinstalling everything I need for my story. So far I have all the important CAS items back in (although I need to dig out a few clothing items and specific patterns for some clothing). It's a bit of an interminable slog, but it's long overdue.

The first Sims I got back into my game were my rockers, and I decided (at long last) to age up rocker!Valois (he of my icon here) to adult, so I could have a 40-something post-rehab version of him to match my older versions of Cal and Ten (his bass player and guitarist, respectively). So I started playing around with what I had installed, and well... I almost fell off my chair.

older_rockervaloiscomp.jpg
    If you'll excuse me, I need to go and wipe the tongueprints off my screen :mrgreen:
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hello, lovely people! (And hello and welcome back, @SilverDaybreak! Hope life's treating you well.)

I've had a bit of a 'mare this past week or two. My game was running really badly, and my computer in general was behaving like a pain in the rear-end, so I ended up backing up hundreds of GB of data and factory-resetting the PC. Since then I've been slowly weeding through my CC and reinstalling everything I need for my story. So far I have all the important CAS items back in (although I need to dig out a few clothing items and specific patterns for some clothing). It's a bit of an interminable slog, but it's long overdue.

The first Sims I got back into my game were my rockers, and I decided (at long last) to age up rocker!Valois (he of my icon here) to adult, so I could have a 40-something post-rehab version of him to match my older versions of Cal and Ten (his bass player and guitarist, respectively). So I started playing around with what I had installed, and well... I almost fell off my chair.

older_rockervaloiscomp.jpg
    If you'll excuse me, I need to go and wipe the tongueprints off my screen :mrgreen:

*heartrate intensifies*
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    For Sims 3 players: This is something I thought someone could try not really a challenge but a test of playing multi Sims in a job like the firefighter career in Sims 3. Create a household of 4 or more firefighters (like a squad) and see if you can play them all in a days work at the town's fire hall to see if you can get them all fighting the same fire or send the others on other calls.

I x3 that idea @SilverDaybreak . I have a couple of firefighters in my game but sadly with Miss V Detective and the bsides that takes me time and eat my freetime , I probably can't challenge.
    I play the Investigator carreer, I love open job. you can have plenty of stories to tell even for a challenge :) believe me.

@ValoisFulcanelli : I love the quality of your game.

---

and here are the first investigation of Miss V since the reboot :
    Miss V Detective : Chasing Gossip (1)

part 2 soon to come.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Guess it has been a while since I've posted any news in here, or what I've been up to... so I'll try to do a catch-up Friday, and we'll all pretend it totally isn't already Saturday in my timezone, because I'm just that not caught-up. >_>

So, that virtual library of Simlit links that I maintain, the Stories and Legacies Index, has FINALLY BEEN STICKIED! *is heralded by Monty Python b*tt-trumpets* I'm not sure if there are any new folks around here, but it works off of user submissions, so if you have a story and haven't submitted your link over there yet, you really should! (Fill those virtual stacks, fill them I say! Give this librarian who obviously doesn't get enough cataloging at her day job more stories to catalog! MWAHAHAHA!)

Also, since the beginning of the year, I've been really trying to update my uncreatively titled story site, Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3, more often. Because I have chronic migraine, last year I was only getting one update out a month, which I know was unfortunate, so this year I've been trying hard to keep to a dedicated schedule and keep more content going up on my site consistently. I've learned that with my work schedule, one story works best for me, so right now that story is The Cat Chronicles, a sort of laid-back read about an elderly widow and her cat, told entirely from the cat's perspective. I also find great joy in the Monthly Short Story Challenge and have been participating in that since October 2015, and have a collection of those stories (as well as a few other short stories I've done for other occassions) up in my Short Stories section. I put up a story update every Saturday (typically Cat Chronicles the first three weeks of the month and my Short Story entry, which may or may not be Cat Chronicles related, the final week of the month).

Oddly enough, I found one of the things that has helped to keep me on track with the weekly schedule was doing a few other weekly segments on my site... though they aren't stories. One is Teatime Tuesday, where I just review tea (yes, tea reviews... I have some strange hobbies! And @lisabee2 was a dear and even sent me one of her favorite teas for my upcoming birthday so I can review it, I'm so excited!), and the other is Photo Friday, which is just Sims-game photography. These go up on Tuesdays and Fridays, respectively. Oddly enough, it just keeps me moving along... the tea reviews keep me writing something, even if it isn't story related (and it is kinda nice having a break from that, and not having to load up the game sometimes), and the Photo Friday is letting me try to better hone screenshotting skills and Sim-making skills and play with poses, custom content, and lots I wouldn't get to in my story. I also find it fun to come up with "themes" for these... in January I did "winter" as my theme for Photo Friday, and in February I did all dessert teas for Teatime Tuesday and my Photo Friday featured couples. This month I'm doing "green" as my photo theme and green teas for my tea reviews! I have no idea what to do for April though... Anything-Goes April for both? Nothing is just standing out to me at the moment!

I really thought I'd feel overwhelmed and start dropping projects quickly, but so far I've made it through two months smoothly. The only bad part about this renewed focus in getting more content up on my site is that my reading has had to fall to the wayside... I just can't seem to find the time to do it all. I really wish I could. It saddens me, and I'm not quite sure how to find the time to balance it all so perfectly that I can keep up with the updates and be able to catch-up/follow more stories!

Other than that? Next week I'm going on vacation to Portland, Oregon! I leave on Thursday for a little St. Patrick's Day weekend vacation (St. Patties Day is my birthday!). I'm hoping to go to the Japanese gardens, Powells bookstore (four floors of books!), a tea shop that was recommended to me by my "uncle" (my Dad's BFF), and my friend and I have reservations at a cat lounge (a bar where you get to play with rescue cats up for adoption). Good times!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 and @Simsophonique - Thank you, both! I love how he came out :)

@mastressalita Congrats on the sticky! As to your April theme, that month contains Easter, so maybe you could use that? If you have a festival square in your main Sims 3 world, the Spring Festival has easter egg hunting, so you could take screenshots of that. For the tea reviews, why not try Numi's delicious Chocolate Pu-erh tea.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    @mastressalita The one thing that always stood out about April to me was April Fools. Lol. So maybe something silly could work? If not, then maybe it'd be fun to do something flowery for Spring, because April also always reminded me of Springtime.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @SilentWolf101 : I think April Fool's is what had me thinking of an "Anything-Goes" sort of random theme for the month. While I realized that Easter is that month as @ValoisFulcanelli mentions (though it isn't a holiday I personally observe) I just don't think I could drag that out for four weeks... though I had tossed around "birth" as a possible theme since some of the bunnies and chicks that go into the marketing around that holiday kind of come from that idea, and that's a bit more open and versatile (and could still include at least an Easter image, too). Hmm... that might not be a bad idea, actually. I was actually thinking about saving flowers for May! I've been stashing away some of my floral teas and thought I'd do a "Spring Flowers" theme during that month.

@ValoisFulcanelli , I actually reviewed a chocolate pu-ehr in February, Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pu-ehr Tea, and it was soooooo good! It was my first pu-ehr, too. I originally only had the sampler and ended up having to buy a bag of it because I fell in love! A lot of people on my review showed interest in it and then it was pulled the next day as a "seasonal" from the website, so I might have to link the Numi one as a possible alternative until the other one is available again. (At least I'm well stocked up, but I do so get annoyed by seasonal stock!)

Edit: So as not to double-post, I've just finished my Caturday update!

cat_ban_l.jpg

Shadow is there for his owner through the difficulties of her late-onset dementia.
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited March 2017
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @IvoryButterfly How exciting! Congrats on getting into university :) So is this for elementary school then? Since you say "three main subjects". That's what it's like in Germany for Elementary school education you have to at least to Maths, German and Educational Sciences and you can choose one other subject. My best friend did that and she also said it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun too with the practical semesters where she got to teach at a school part time!

Thanks so much for the kind words... Sadly I've had a very stressful week at home and due to illness my Dr has told that 'Unless I want a heart attack, which is just not OK for someone my age,.' So he instructed me that I had to reduce all stress asap, so sadly, and with a heavy heart I had to go see half a dozen people, explain myself (yeah that's not stressful) and then finally withdraw from my course.

So, long story short, I'm back :P

To my slight annoyance though I've found a lot of my old files folders were not opening or corrupted the only thing I can put it down to is that I was downloading a lot of things from the University's website for the lessons and homework. I've sent them an email letting them know that they may want to tell other students of this fact.

Happily today I was able to access my Sims Story folder but it seems a few pictures had 'gone missing'. So as writers do I have improvised with what I had, and I was able to finally get out my final chapter today for Bitter Sweet written out.
    I'm getting it up on my blog after this and will send an update when it's ready :D

Hope everybody is having a good weekend *HUGS*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    And finally after my hiatus, here's my final update for Bitter Sweet. I'm a little sad to see this short story end, but also very happy that I have finished.

I hope you all enjoy it :D

Eliza throws a party where everyone's secrets are flung out into the open, leaving everyone to make a choice or two!

937a6f92-b9a8-4726-a0ad-f2d433fd2254_zpsaozdxjdp.png
    mbytI0Z.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @SilentWolf101 and @Simsophonique - Thank you, both! I love how he came out :)

@ValoisFulcanelli: You spent time on making him I bet. He has the same family name as the famous Alchemist. I was sure Fulcanelli name is familiar.

I published new part of Miss V Detective regular story

Miss V Detective : Chasing Gossip (2)
    Miss V Detective : The Golden Lama Case (1)

@mastressalita ha April: to me it's Aries and Taurus month . There is also the Pink Moon and wild animals and plants rebirth. nothing inspires me April much. Aprils fools and Easter is too much common.
    and Have fun with your hollidays in Oregon and for your birthday.

on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    (At least I'm well stocked up, but I do so get annoyed by seasonal stock!)

WARNING! Might make you hungry

Oh man, have you any idea how bad it is working at a place that somewhat relies on seasonal stock. I work at a Dunkin Donuts (for those who don't know, it's basically a coffee donut shop with some sandwiches mixed in). We have to try our seasonal things because people will ask our opinions, and then we get hooked on stuff... Our seasonal things this month are the fudge brownie coffee flavor, the vanilla cupcake coffee flavor, the vanilla truffle donut (a vanilla creme donut -- white icing inside -- with chocolate frosting and chocolate shavings on top), and a shamrock sprinkle donut (a chocolate raised donut with little green clover sprinkles). A couple months ago, we had a seasonal Belgian waffle sandwich that a lot of people were upset over us getting rid of. Last month, we had fudge brownie donuts (literally a donut stuffed with raw brownie batter) and a fudge brownie croissant. These seasonal things are used up in half of the orders out there! And we just slimmed down our menu to remove the blueberry flavor, the unsweetened caramel flavor, and many many more...
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 : It annoys me so much that I have to wait -- quite literally! -- a whole year just to order more of a tea flavor I like! I realize in some cases, with pure blends, it is dependant on certain leaves being grown at certain times of the year, but I don't really care for "pure" blends, I like flavored blends, which tend to have more common leaves and have lots of different herbals and flavoring in them, and in these cases, they really just seem to pull them because they consider that flavor associated with the "fall/winter" or a certain holiday, etc. I realize the company thinks making something limited time is going to increase demand for the short term, but it s*cks for the consumer who is then stuck waiting forever to get to order more stock of it. >_< (Especially for something like tea, I tend to not use up my leaves until well after the three months they have the seasonal, and need to "restock" that flavor after they've already pulled it).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 : It annoys me so much that I have to wait -- quite literally! -- a whole year just to order more of a tea flavor I like! I realize in some cases, with pure blends, it is dependant on certain leaves being grown at certain times of the year, but I don't really care for "pure" blends, I like flavored blends, which tend to have more common leaves and have lots of different herbals and flavoring in them, and in these cases, they really just seem to pull them because they consider that flavor associated with the "fall/winter" or a certain holiday, etc. I realize the company thinks making something limited time is going to increase demand for the short term, but it s*cks for the consumer who is then stuck waiting forever to get to order more stock of it. >_< (Especially for something like tea, I tend to not use up my leaves until well after the three months they have the seasonal, and need to "restock" that flavor after they've already pulled it).

Oh man, I understand that one. I'm NOT a tea drinker, I'm more of a hot chocolate/coffee drinker and a sugar junkie. The worst part is, I can't stock up on my coffee flavors, can't stock up on those donuts, because they can't be saved for very long. And then we have to wait an entire year for them to come back, because once gone, they don't last for more than a day or two. It's the worst. XD It's downright maddening. (Also, I'm trying to make it seem like I have it worse of than you. I'm saying I feel your pain. XD)
  • Options

Oh man, have you any idea how bad it is working at a place that somewhat relies on seasonal stock. I work at a Dunkin Donuts (for those who don't know, it's basically a coffee donut shop with some sandwiches mixed in). We have to try our seasonal things because people will ask our opinions, and then we get hooked on stuff... Our seasonal things this month are the fudge brownie coffee flavor, the vanilla cupcake coffee flavor, the vanilla truffle donut (a vanilla creme donut -- white icing inside -- with chocolate frosting and chocolate shavings on top), and a shamrock sprinkle donut (a chocolate raised donut with little green clover sprinkles). A couple months ago, we had a seasonal Belgian waffle sandwich that a lot of people were upset over us getting rid of. Last month, we had fudge brownie donuts (literally a donut stuffed with raw brownie batter) and a fudge brownie croissant. These seasonal things are used up in half of the orders out there! And we just slimmed down our menu to remove the blueberry flavor, the unsweetened caramel flavor, and many many more...

WOW, that's just... frighteningly amazing!!!
    I couldn't imagine myself eating anything with that much sugar, I feel guilty eating my husbands double chocolate and strawberry filling cake that he makes, once a year!!!

Also - Now that I'm back home again (de-stressing, waiting for my garage wall to be rebuilt and looking after hubby) I'm working on a new story, I'm just in the process of creating Sims, scenery and getting the neighborhoods set up :smiley:

How is everybody else doing of late?
    mbytI0Z.png
  • Options
    kittycatcalikittycatcali Posts: 449 Member
    edited March 2017
    Both happy and sad to say that I put out the final four Chapters of Gen 7 and got the Heir Vote for Gen 8 out.

In any case how is everyone doing. Personally I've been better. There is so better way to become discouraged then to be consistently ignored every time I apply for a job. What's annoying is my brother is turning sixteen which means he can start applying and with my luck he'll get a job before I do. I've been holed up in my room for way too long... :(

Chapter%2022_zpslm2d9far.jpg
    Chapter%2023_zpswrxvpsct.jpg
    Chapter%2024_zpsr8tsouku.jpg
    Chapter%2025_zpsovwmt1ar.jpg

2m44pk0.jpg
    Lost Legacy / Prompted

"When it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory."
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hiiii guyyys... I think I should make some fancy sales pitch here, but I'm too tired. Here's the newest chapter to the Fey of Life. Enjoy. Have a good time.

Chapter 28: Smiles and Tears
    svZtkM6.jpg

“When was the last time you got out of here?” I had to ask, “Other than to buy groceries?”

Sabine shrugged.

“I don’t remember.”

She looked at me with narrowed eyes.

“What? Are you planning on dragging an old woman out there into the world? Like that would somehow solve something?”

Okay bye and see you later. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Hi @Everybody,

Just stopping by to say 'Hello' and to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking. Am feeling much better now and no longer have environmental or milk allergies. My former family doctor who now does allergy clinics said that while I'm not allergic to these things there are items that can irritate my system at a certain point. I can now have cheese again without it bothering me.

In the past 10 months I have lost some more weight and am down to 180 lbs and hope to lose more as I start walking and mowing the lawn again in the spring.

Anyways I won't bore you with all the details except that one of our cats, Buffy went missing a week ago, Sunday and my hubby and I believe that he went off to die as he has had some health issues with an over-active thyroid and was getting old. Although he will be missed, I find that went any of my cats have gone off to die or just disappeared, it's easier to deal with as to me, they are never really gone but now live in my heart and memories minus the memory of them dying at home or the vet.

Hope you all are doing well and as always a special hello goes out to @SilentWolf101, @mastressalita, @lisabee2, @thesealofthesims, and @RebornMonster (if you're still around) and to @all who have kept this thread going.

Unfortunately I won't be returning to the game as it would be detrimental to my health since many of the issues that plagued me in the previous 4 years were caused by excessive playing and the addictive nature of the game. Will stop by from time to time to say 'hello' though.

Take care,

Silver

HUGS HUGS HUGS <3<3<3 HUGS HUGS I have missed you!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Finally the latest Search for King is out complete with a tropical paradise .. a pretty princess .. pirates .. sleepy suitor .. evil alien .. farting bear .. mermaids AND all the craziness the Sims can bring. @Maladi777's handsome Stephen gets his turn to vie for Rose's hand (and this one sure gave me a RUN for the money).

@Maladi777 and @VIRTUALEE did you see who made a cameo appearances <3

[img][/img]03-12-17_3-47-45nbspAM_zpsrq1ugxtq.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-7-meet-stephen/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

It doesn't make me feel hungry at all (last time I saw food it was a somebody who followed me on tumblr showing greasy unhealthy food yeerrk) but working on a such place is tiring because every years menu changes to keep clients faithful. I myself can't work in a such place.
    and it's tiring more when people cook themselves the product they sell.
    as we say here : Courage !

---

I published a new bsides :
    Thomas Cross : Chassing Gossip
    That's the end of the serie for now.
    i don't know why some pictures doesn't want to show up properly. My apologizes I correct everything's wrong .

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I've got a new chapter up: The Grey Witches Part II - Chapter 39 As usual, there are a lot of more pictures on my blog! Happy reading – and simming!

In this chapter we get to know Arthur Moon a little better.
    tgw02-39-43.jpg

Taïga goes from disappointment to a shattering revelation…
    tgw02-39-26.jpg

While Granny watches drama unfold at the Darers…
    tgw02-39-19.jpg
    tgw02-39-33.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Hello, lovely people :) I hope you had a restful weekend!
    @ValoisFulcanelli: You spent time on making him I bet. He has the same family name as the famous Alchemist. I was sure Fulcanelli name is familiar.
    Thank you! It is indeed familiar, and it's why I chose that name for him. In my main story he's an immortal French male witch, so his full name is Valois Athanase Fulcanelli. 'Valois' for the French royal house, 'Athanase' (Greek for 'immortal', inherited from his father) and 'Fulcanelli' from the very same famous alchemist, who was supposed to have been incredibly long-lived.

The version of him in that post is the rockstar persona which he briefly adopted in the story, but which spun off into a whole separate character and arc of its own. I'm mainly posting that on Tumblr, but also have some updates on my blog. Today's update is a timeline of him, visually; sort of a progression from his mid-twenties to his late-forties:

Evolution%20of%20rockervalois.jpg

I also managed to create a set of filters in my favourite graphics program that emulated the visual aesthetic for Madonna's Vogue video (I had both rocker!Valois and Tenebra doing cosplay on Tumblr; lots of fun!) and I've been taking some pictures that - if I say so myself - are flippin' gorgeous!

bwrocker01.jpg

Tons more over at my Simblr (I've been spamming my poor followers with them!) If you want the graphics preset - which should work with the freeware version of that program - you can grab it (plus links to the program) from this post :)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Hey all! This a lovely idea!

I don't want to say my real name, but I should say that my screen name comes from my love of performing in musicals, not because I am actually a drama queen. This was my first IM screen name back when that was new and amazing technology! Haha!

I am a technical writer, so I spend my work day writing stuff like, "click this button to make this happen." This is a creative outlet for me. I was an English major in college, and I love Shakespeare. I live with my husband-we were married almost a year ago! As I said, I also sing and do musical theater. My ideal day is staying in and not leave the apartment, but I occasionally like outings with friends. I'm a strange mixture of extroverted introvert!

I love napping, food, video games, books, tv, etc. Fantasy and sci fi are my favorite genres, but I don't believe in fandoms because I am in too many and don't think it's fair to choose just one! I'm also low-key about them. Please talk to me about any of these things (books, video games, tv, Shakespeare, which I like to hear myself talk about, etc.!) I adore animals and want to adopt them all but am sadly petless due to the apartment I live in. I like to think I have a good sense of humor, although I am mostly funny by accident because of something I said or something I did (usually something clumsy.)

I started playing Sims with Sims City, in which I would painstakingly try to make all the patches of grass line up. I moved onto the Sims 2 and started writing stories! I am in the process of writing The Chance Legacy (link below) and have started a new story loosely based on the 100 Baby Challenge called Mother of Vampires! I'm looking forward to reading more stories when I have the time, but working full-time makes it hard to keep up to date with everything. With that, I say, Hi everyone!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli -It might be a huge shock to see how many Mods I've had to use in my TS3 game to have it playable and I've been tuning NRaas Tempest to get customized weather for my stories.I've also added Am with the config file tuned to disable automatic school assignments because it's 1622 in Deery Meadows.It wasn't very realstic to have every child or kid at school age automatically in school back then even if the town did have a school.
    @Crzydramaqueen -Hi there and welcome to the thread.I've also got a 100 baby challenge in TS3 being played by modified rules in Storybrook County taking place in the 1550's.It's a challenge involving playing the entire town rotationally like in TS2 to manage everybody and the babies are mostly to be born to couples.
    @everybody -I've been working on getting my game fixed and that includes working on the CAS overhaul Mod.I've gotten Pets edited and still have other packs to work on yet.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Winter-1622.
    Here's rain falling on the first day the Deery Meadows winter of 1622.
    33160989100_c69430d83f_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg