Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High Chair issue?

Is there a bug issue with the high chairs? I'm having a hard time with cues to feed my toddler being cancelled or ignored. Or my sims will put the starving toddler in the high chair and keep taking them out before they have been fed. It's very annoying.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    This happens in my game to. I just don't use the high chair anymore :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are also having issues with the high chair.

SimGuruNick has posted in this link thread about the issue
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910193/highchair-glitches
    We've seen this too and reproduced it, thanks for the additional report :)

You may also like to post feedback about the issues on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomy-issues-since-toddler-update/m-p/5819628#M32257
  • KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    not really having the issue much- but is there- i just put the food in the high chair first- then send for sim to put ki in- hile carrying kid- have the kid click on food to eat- and all set
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited March 2017
    -- If you click on give food from the high chair, you can select from the toddler foods, they will put the food down on the high chair and then go get the toddler, put them in the high chair and ask them to eat. That usually works pretty well.
    -- But if you want to use any food that your sim has cooked, it becomes more difficult. If the food is out on the counter or a table, then as soon as the toddler is placed in the high chair, the toddler will instantly ask someone to get them down so they can go grab the food...and if a toddler asks for anything, it completely screws up your queue of actions, even if you have autonomy off.
    -- You can either switch to the toddler while being carried to the high chair and then click on eat the plate of food so that way they can't make a request to be put down from the high chair....or you can just leave the food on a counter or table and use the "call to meal" function or even just let them grab the food, which they'll do if they are hungry.
    -- If you have a single plate of food in the frig that you can drag onto the high chair, then that usually works too as long as no other food is sitting out....or you can get it from your inventory also to either drag onto the high chair or "grab serving for" the toddler.
    -- If they grab the food from a counter or table, they will either sit on a couch or living room chair (including the animal kids chairs) or even the floor or their bed and eat the food...they can't sit on normal dining room chairs though.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited March 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »
    -- If you click on give food from the high chair, you can select from the toddler foods, they will put the food down on the high chair and then go get the toddler, put them in the high chair and ask them to eat. That usually works pretty well.
    -- But if you want to use any food that your sim has cooked, it becomes more difficult. If the food is out on the counter or a table, then as soon as the toddler is placed in the high chair, the toddler will instantly ask someone to get them down so they can go grab the food...and if a toddler asks for anything, it completely screws up your queue of actions, even if you have autonomy off.
    -- You can either switch to the toddler while being carried to the high chair and then click on eat the plate of food so that way they can't make a request to be put down from the high chair....or you can just leave the food on a counter or table and use the "call to meal" function or even just let them grab the food, which they'll do if they are hungry.
    -- If you have a single plate of food in the frig that you can drag onto the high chair, then that usually works too as long as no other food is sitting out....or you can get it from your inventory also to either drag onto the high chair or "grab serving for" the toddler.
    -- If they grab the food from a counter or table, they will either sit on a couch or living room chair (including the animal kids chairs) or even the floor or their bed and eat the food.

Thankyou for your helpful suggestions :) It is very kind of you to post them .