Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

THE SAN JACINTO is just stunning, dear! I love the layout and all those patterns you used. Looks really a home :love:
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    THE SAN JACINTO is just stunning, dear! I love the layout and all those patterns you used. Looks really a home :love:

Thank you very much @AIRIS6962 . :) Hope you and your back are doing better. Take care hun.
    edited February 15
    HIP NAUTIC - SUNNY DAYS, 40x30 residential lot, 3/24/17

This charming and welcoming coastal home features a split level open floor plan, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. It also includes an office, a lounge, basement with bar and games, 2+ car garage with laundry, a pool, hot tub and an outdoor kitchen. As customary with all of my builds, all of the appliances and plumbing have been upgraded and the house contains no CC or CAP.

This house was so much fun!! Hip Nautic is one of three versions, each with it's own exterior color scheme, that myself and two of my very talented and creative friends, @romagi1 and @soocoolsim, decided to do as a co-build (a first for all three of us!). We discovered that we each had our favorite parts when it came to building, and then agreed on doing the coastal architectural style.

The uncolored shell was designed and built by @romagi1 on a 30x30 lot (see here for pictures of shell). She did an amazing job on the unique (and more difficult to build) split-level floor plan. She sent the unfurnished house with no landscaping or siding on to us so we could do our parts. The interior furnishing & decor was done by me (@Sandraelle), and all of the beautiful landscaping was done by @soocoolsim (including the pool, hot tub area and customized gazebo). (See here for pictures of the landscaping.) After each of our parts were done, we each finished it up by giving it our own look with our preference of siding and roof colors and whatever else we wanted to do to personalize it.

Note: While their versions are on a 30x30 lot, I placed mine on a 40x30 lot so there is a bit more room to add more landscaping if anyone wishes

~ Our three versions ~

*Hip Nautic - Sunny Days by Me (@Sandraelle)
    DOWNLOAD
    Pictures (below in spoiler)

NrCZwQ3.jpg

*Hip Nautic - Stormy Sea by @romagi1
    DOWNLOAD
    Pictures

1mgVnA4.jpeg

*Hip Nautic - Blue Skies by @soocoolsim
    DOWNLOAD
    Pictures

MxyeghE.jpeg

Our WIP building thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914397/available-for-download-co-build-by-sandraelle-soocoolsim-and-romagi/p1

MY EXTERIOR PICTURES
    w9AJTGs.jpg
    LX40p3q.jpg
    laQNN7W.jpg
    qwUPkf7.jpg
    UF5EB4X.jpg
    OavmMwE.jpg
    AvFr1j7.jpg
    RkRWwIt.jpg
    Yd7wehJ.jpg
    S9DY3Te.jpg
    eGSWVPv.jpg

MY INTERIOR PICTURES
    MAIN FLOOR
    Living Room
    ykX3Z9E.jpg
    Entry
    WYYAyeT.jpg
    5uinVGX.jpg
    Dining Room (open to living room and kitchen)
    eBCUsGI.jpg
    Stairs down to garage
    t97Iyzl.jpg
    Kitchen
    iQQRwRY.jpg
    Powder Room
    NBFUNde.jpg

MIDDLE FLOOR
    Sitting room
    tDmxoJg.jpg
    K3JC0OJ.jpg
    Teen girl's bedroom
    tGx0WB1.jpg
    XRfzrAB.jpg
    Boy's bedroom
    Ecbwwdk.jpg
    6p9css7.jpg
    Kid's bathroom
    PFUQcgP.jpg
    MwH4ld8.jpg

TOP FLOOR
    Master Bedroom
    SQP6F39.jpg
    KpHzcE4.jpg
    3tW78rR.jpg
    Master bath
    cD2995e.jpg
    BGHyVRr.jpg
    Master closet
    w0SOyqX.jpg
    v2KTrLc.jpg
    Office/Reading Room (Sims can use the window seating; hidden poufs moo'ed in)
    CtwGfy5.jpg
    vN47iAW.jpg

GARAGE & BASEMENT LEVEL
    Basement Rec Room
    4NWM1DM.jpg
    phAlglc.jpg

Laundry
    eHKzTJZ.jpg

FLOOR PLAN LAYOUTS
    Aerial view
    P4HRqE7.jpg

Top floor layout
    adVIlvb.jpg

Middle floor layout
    aEqvbmm.jpg

Main floor layout
    SzwHBiQ.jpg

Basement level
    gU4Jlsc.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    edited March 2017
    I will repost here what I wrote in posts on the other thread :)

Your. version of the exterior looks so very nice! Very nice colour schemes of the exterior! The roofing looks very nice! The upper balconies look great! The flowers, plants and trees in the front areas look very pretty!The colour of each of the three homes reflects the name of each of the home version so well! The names are great!
    The interior rooms look very nice! :) Very nice armchairs and sofas sitting room! The striped blue and white colour of the sofas and the patterned cushions on the chairs look very nice. The light house painting and the ship on the side table are nice nautical touches there. Very nice design of the kitchen! The sink and bar stool counter looks great! The hanging apron, knives , cookies jar and wall clock are nice home kitchen touches there. Very nice lounger area in the staircase nook! Sims will enjoy resting there reading a book.
    The furnishing of the interior of the home looks so very nice! Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the home! Each of the rooms, levels and room and outdoors areas looks very nice! Very nice wall textures, wall paneling and wallpaper in the rooms. The nautical themed furnishing items are very nice touches in the build! The seaside paintings look very nice! The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals at the table. Very nice wall pattern in the powder room! The furnishing of the bedrooms look so very nice! Very nice master closet! The clothes and shoes racks look great! Very nice windows sitting nook in the office and reading room!It is a very detailed and nice furnishing of the interior! :)
    Each of the versions of the homes look so very nice! :) It is a very special build! The colour schemes of the exteriors look very nice, and the changes made to the outdoors areas from the original version are nice personal touches in the builds. Each part of the build, from the shell to the interior furnishing and the outdoors areas landscaping looks so very nice! :)
    @rosemow, thank you so much for posting your lovely comments here as well. Always appreciate your attention to detail. :smile:
    edited April 2017
    COMING SOON: Cliffside Retreat
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Absolutely fantastic job Sandy! So many wonderful details and I love the neutral colours. Those views are to die for... I need an island home like this RL... gotta get me a lotto ticket, lol. Looking forward to the modified version so we can enjoy this lovely lot. Well done!
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic job Sandy! So many wonderful details and I love the neutral colours. Those views are to die for... I need an island home like this RL... gotta get me a lotto ticket, lol. Looking forward to the modified version so we can enjoy this lovely lot. Well done!

LOL @soocoolsim , I accidentally posted pictures of the house on this thread, rather than my DNA contact thread. You must have seen them right before I moved them to the other thread, lol. But thank you so much Paula! Yes, I'm loving those views too, pretty much from every room in the house (except the bathrooms, lol). I'm hoping to get the modified version up some time today.
    edited February 15
    CLIFFSIDE RETREAT, 64x64 residential lot, built at 101 Surf Circle, Isla Paradiso, 4/15/17

Note: Should be placed at the above address for best placement. (See full request here.)

The inspiration for this home was taken from a real life modern house which is located on an island (Bass Island, Muskoka, Ontario). It was a DNA request from Storietime to build a winter vacation home for her sim family of 4 adults. She provided the picture link to this house and requested for it to be built in a custom world on an island lot with a very steep cliff.

Since the lot was so severely sloped, the lot didn't transfer very well when importing it to an EA lot, so I sent Storietime the lot through an alternate method rather than the Exchange. A shout out to @soocoolsim who helped me get it to the point where the terrain could fit on another lot so that I could modify it and be able to upload it. Thank you again Paula for your creativity and expertise!!

o5UQpNu.jpg

INSPIRATION PHOTOS

fF1lCrb.jpg?1

VO73MUi.jpg?1

Vog7z2n.jpg

There's lots of fun stuff to do in this 3 BD/4 BA vacation house in paradise. Besides the infinity pool outdoors, the beach and a dock over the water with water toys, the basement offers lots more inside. An indoor pool enclosed in glass, a hot tub, a sauna, a gym with tanning booth, a bar, large screen tv and gaming area with pool table and ping pong, along with another bathroom and a laundry room. The other two levels feature the main living spaces and the bedrooms and bathrooms. Almost every room has access to deck space and large windows to take in the awesome views. From the living room you can look down into the basement pool.

LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN
    Nu1L46x.jpg
    g8Ay0te.jpg

The requester had some specific requests for the color schemes of the rooms. Mainly neutrals throughout and grey for the married couple's master bedroom. For the wife's two sisters - a girly pink style for one of them and neutral for the other one who also liked cats, reading and gardening.

BEDROOMS
    N62XSrq.jpg
    U61o7cR.jpg
    MJv08ie.jpg

FLOOR PLAN LAYOUTS
    7eSi4Aa.jpg
    v9B18N4.jpg
    eAg49WL.jpg
    XSHMauj.jpg

MULTIPLE DECK SPACES . . . AND OH THOSE VIEWS!!!!!
    PZ4ig7k.jpg
    jUWfW5U.jpg
    zxK3bAj.jpg

As always, my lots are checked through custard, playtested and everything is upgraded. Thank you for visiting and be sure to click on my pictures link for many more photos. :-)

The layout and design of Cliffside Retreat looks so very great! :) The levels of the build and the terrain work looks so very nice. The Very nice outdoors areas! The decks look so very nice! Sims will have such very nice views when outdoors on the decks! They will enjoy sitting relaxing in the outdoors air on the many nice seating deck areas in the build, and enjoy cooking and dining outdoors in the sunshine at the diming table. Very nice furniishing and layout of the interior of the home! The bedrooms are very nice! The bedhead wall patterns/colours and pictures on the bedhead walls look very nice. It looks very nice how you have used the requested colour schemes in the home areas. Very nice design of the light filled kitchen! The island sink and bar stool counter looks great.Sims will enjoy the sunshine comingin through the windows whilst preparing meals. It is great that there is a basement level. Sims will keeping fit using the fitness equipment and the tanning booth is great in the build! Sims will have fun playing ping pong and pool there. It is such a very detailed build, both indoors and outside, and at the same time it looks a very spacious, uncluttered and light filled home. It would be a very restful home to retreat to !
    The home is very nice! :)
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited April 2017
    This home is incredible! I'm in love. I don't always gravitate toward modern homes, but your decor choices are stunning. I love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to rework it for the rest of us. :grin:

Lissykin
    SLpPUp.png

Excellent work Sandy. So many nooks and details to discover. I especially like the kitchen, dining and living areas, and of course you did an amazing job with the landscaping. Indeed those views.... what a perfect getaway home. Thanks for the shoutout but no need... my contribution was very minor. Well done! Rec'd :smiley:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    <3 Cliffside Retreat! Have it Rec'd and downloaded! It looks Fabulous! Can't wait to see it in game!

• Simlena528Simlena528 Posts: 199 Member
    Cliffside retreat is gorgeous!
    Thank you all for your nice comments! @rosemow, @lissykin, @soocoolsim, @romagi1 and @Simlena528 , appreciate you all visiting. :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Cliftside Retreat is amazing sweet @Sandraelle! Love all the detail, beauty, love, and hard work you have put into this one! Looks amazing!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Cliftside Retreat is amazing sweet @Sandraelle! Love all the detail, beauty, love, and hard work you have put into this one! Looks amazing!

Thank you so much Bree!
  • hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    Hi Sandraelle, I'm working backwards from this page through your thread, your builds are stunning, I especially love Bridgedale Estate! Haven't looked further back in the thread, had to open my game and download it, recommended too! I really love your colour schemes and learning a lot from your CASTing, seen things I never considered could be changed on wallpapers, furnishings etc. Thanks for sharing your builds! :)
    Hi Sandraelle, I'm working backwards from this page through your thread, your builds are stunning, I especially love Bridgedale Estate! Haven't looked further back in the thread, had to open my game and download it, recommended too! I really love your colour schemes and learning a lot from your CASTing, seen things I never considered could be changed on wallpapers, furnishings etc. Thanks for sharing your builds! :)

@hugzncuddles , thanks so much for taking a peek at my builds, I really appreciate it. Gosh, it's been a year since I've done Bridgedale, had to go back and look at it again to remember the interiors, lol. Thank you for the DL and rec. and hope to see you again. :)
    edited February 15
    MIRA VISTA
    64x64 residential lot built in Aurora Skies at 37 Sulphur Springs Rd.
    5/21/17

This was a DNA request from @ElijahsBabyGurl9 to build a large traditional/rustic modern home from a floor plan that she provided and is best suited for a corner lot, which I placed in Aurora Skies. (See full request here.)
    wbV1O4J.jpg

House Tour:
    This brick facade home has 5 BDR/6-1/2 BA and features a foyer that leads to a unique rotunda, the focal point of all direction.
    YdWrAs5.jpg
    The heart of this luxury home is found in a large, open great room with a fireplace and lots of seating.
    Ki1svko.jpg
    LrP28jZ.jpg
    vdyZdxG.jpg
    The spacious gourmet kitchen enjoys warmth from the great room to the right and a second fireplace in the breakfast nook on the left. Access to a rear Patio can be gained from the breakfast nook.
    hnGcg71.jpg
    6DjlsQa.jpg
    There's a formal dining room and a separate office/library which are on either side of the foyer.
    bLWMl89.jpg
    o4G9EzM.jpg
    Outdoors you'll find lots of entertaining space with a built-in outdoor kitchen, a beautiful pool, hot tub, fire pit and a small garden.
    99XWjCA.jpg
    qPcl1yU.jpg
    Other features include a game room, music room, and a bonus room upstairs which contains an art studio, a separate gym and a separate science research room. Too many pictures to post them all, so be sure to visit my pictures link.
    wE8rFDf.jpg
    CD7rxdP.jpg
    kbM2ldn.jpg

Copying my comment from your check in thread...
    Wow Sandy, this lot is amazing. You truly are the queen of interior design. Love so much about the interior and exterior. You turned an intimidating house plan into a beautiful home and the landscaping sets it off so well. Just went through the pics and am amazed at the detail. Such an eye for patterns and cool touches. Heading off now to rec and download. Super job :smiley:
    Mira Vista is such a very nice and very detailed build! :) The exterior of the home,, the layout and furnishing of the interior, and the design of the outdoors areas look so very, very nice! You have reflected the inspiration home so very, very well! The flowers, plants and all the landscaping work looks so very pretty and nice! Sims will enjoy spending time both indoors and outside when at home! Each room and area of the build looks very great! Sims will enjoy very much cooking in the gourmet kitchen! The colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice! It is a very detailed and special modern home! :)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Copying my comment from your check in thread...
    Wow Sandy, this lot is amazing. You truly are the queen of interior design. Love so much about the interior and exterior. You turned an intimidating house plan into a beautiful home and the landscaping sets it off so well. Just went through the pics and am amazed at the detail. Such an eye for patterns and cool touches. Heading off now to rec and download. Super job :smiley:

Thanks Paula. I'll copy my reply from my contact thread here (lol)
    Aww, thanks so much Paula! And thanks again for helping me with that gargantuous roof! And I appreciate all of your nice comments. :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Mira Vista is such a very nice and very detailed build! :) The exterior of the home,, the layout and furnishing of the interior, and the design of the outdoors areas look so very, very nice! You have reflected the inspiration home so very, very well! The flowers, plants and all the landscaping work looks so very pretty and nice! Sims will enjoy spending time both indoors and outside when at home! Each room and area of the build looks very great! Sims will enjoy very much cooking in the gourmet kitchen! The colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice! It is a very detailed and special modern home! :)

@rosemow, thank you Rose, I always love reading your comments and appreciate them so much!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Sweetie what a wonderful build! Love all the beautiful detail!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top