Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does it take a really long time to build sims you like?

Yes or no?

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sometimes, but that's because I leave my sims half-created in CAS open for like half of a day while I do other things.
    My girl @Xoxk9 can testify for that. She pokes fun at me sometimes whenever I'm playing TS4 asking if I'm stuck in CAS. :lol:
    // take me back to 2018.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Not really. Usually under 20 minutes if I include changing and picking every outfit and the make up to go with it.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Sometimes, but that's because I leave my sims half-created in CAS open for like half of a day while I do other things.
    My girl @Xoxk9 can testify for that. She pokes fun at me sometimes whenever I'm playing TS4 asking if I'm stuck in CAS. :lol:

between that and CC shopping it takes decades hours haha :wink:

NMhDL0A.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sims? No. Buildings, however, is a different matter entirely.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yeah, like 20 min if im really taking my time.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • vvindows98vvindows98 Posts: 8 New Member
    sometimes?? if I have an idea of the sim I want, then i'm okay, but if i don't then it takes HOURS omg. it was worse in sims 3, though - it took so long to choose the right pattern from create a style.
    one thing I do a lot is I'll make a sim, save them and be like "no that's wrong" and change them again anyway ahah
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    OP here, it does take me a while. I don't really care for the perfect, supermodel looking sims. I want to get better at making quirkier looking characters. I want sims to be average and interesting looking all at once :)
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Yep, takes me hours on end... and even when I create them to the point that I like them. Give it a few days later and I'm BACK to re-creating them again because they did not turned out how I imagined.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Yep, takes me hours on end... and even when I create them to the point that I like them. Give it a few days later and I'm BACK to re-creating them again because they did not turned out how I imagined.

Yep, this is me to a tee. I drive myself crazy doing that lol but I can't help it.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    It depends on what you're going for, it's recommended to have an idea for your sim, for me it takes 15-20 minutes. If you would like to see my creations I upload to the gallery frequently. -B
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Yep! It always takes me hours and even when I'm "done", I have to go back and fix something. But, thankfully, it's been going a lot quicker. 99.9% of my sims are dark-skinned and the skin tones that come with the game drive me crazy and when I realized that, making sims became a lot easier with modded skin tones.

but, also, i'm nitpicky. so there's that.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    yes the base sim for me can take about 30mins-1 hour then clothing takes about another 1 hour so I'd say about 3 hours making a sim for me to like them as every minute detail matters to me and I don't like to go editing them after unless it's to change clothes for an event
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Only if I am trying to create a sim based on a real person.
    I usually have to go back again and again to tweak something.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2017
    If I really want that Sim to look exactly like I have them in mind: About one or two hours, rarely three and "almost" never more than that. Modifications that I do later on may rise that time significantly though.

Other times I just click through the randomise-button in CAS and choose the one that looks the best as a base. This usually takes less than an hour.

Building however is an entirely different thing... it took me four hours to only build the facade of my vampire castle, then 40 minutes just constructing the roof (which is quite difficult with four towers around it, had to become creative there). And there were still the rooms, wallpapers and the entire inner architecture to do!
  • SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    If I'm building a house; which rarely happens; then I spend my time. Sims; I got many presets. If you saw my Ashad Palace you'd know what I'm talking about.
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    I usually don't have a specific image in mind so what ever random sim they give me I make small tweets here and there till I like the way they look. Usually about 20 minutes to do the whole thing. My fiance thinks I'm crazy and says that if it takes longer than 5 minutes to create a person that's too lol. Building on the other hand I could spend hours and sometimes I draw up floor plans before I even load up the game so I have a general idea of what I want. I usually end up changing things even when I do that though.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Sims? No. Buildings, however, is a different matter entirely.
    This. CAS is a breeze compared to making buildings.
  • HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    Depends. Sometimes I make a sim then I'm like "they need something more..." and I go hunting for CC to make them look better. Especially hair, hair is what makes the sim.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Not really, families are really easy to create... once you define one sim in the family you've basically got the rest of the family. and then you branch off with the parents and grandparents.

It's only hard when Your trying to build a sim from scratch...
    but my sims are constantly evolving, there's not one day that goes by, I don't enable cas.fulleditmode and keep editing their bodies.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    In Sims 3 it can take me 2-3 hours, but Sims 4? Not really. It's maybe a 30-minute process, although my last Sim I got really lazy and used the randomize button, then tweaked her a bit. I think she only took about 15 minutes, including choosing her outfits and traits.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Let's just get a sim out to show you they're not rushed...
    y3mvIeba1YyEkXTytWS1L1iADD6dbmc7RMa-VHPFZhccauUDimK28ywkMdeJiU3TkM_a-F3ippDrV6v3BrgcwL1iMVWPjfdFFjLxFcliOxJoWglfGfHRfrsdHWuL561GOWK9ii5-yjZ7vjL3w7qFnvy432NQ0-OW9qO1KpX7y1cTPs?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Average around 20-30 mins, but when I really take my time, I spend an hour... The above was a 10 min sim.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I haven't timed myself but I don't think it takes me very long. I've also edited most of the townies that I haven't deleted lol. I have it down to where editing a random sim might take a few minutes, it's longer if they need multiple outfits corrected. Sometimes I'll only change a few small details.

I often start with some kind of idea or ethnic background for the sim. If I'm not sure then I'll flip through the randomizer until I see one that I like enough to start editing. I think that most of the sims that I've made myself are attractive and interesting but most people probably think that about theirs. Some are more beautiful/handsome and some are just interesting in some way. I do let some flaws stay in the game if they suit the personality of a sim or the direction that I'm taking things.

I have a sizable rotation of sims so while I have a soft spot for most of them, I don't get particularly attached to any. I'm also not making myself or people I know as sims, they are not simulating anything in my actual life. For some of them, I'll have multiple outfits and looks. For others, especially townies, I just make them have a personality and a style that works for them. I do have some very cute townies who I don't have specific plans for. They are just fun to run into around town.

I am very happy to use cas.fulleditmode and I will use it to quickly change anything that I want to as I go.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Yup. It took me 1 Year, 4 Months, 5 Days, 12 Hours, 54 Minutes, and 4 Seconds to perfect my sim. Worth every minute. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    I've only created one sim since the game released. It took me about 2 hours because back then everything was new and unfamiliar and I wanted to get her just right. She's still my main sim although I sometimes move in her kids and grandkids to play them for a while.
  • RitensRitens Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2017
    I once wiped my tray folder without knowing what its for (omg) and realization hit me after a few hours of messing around on the net. It was 11pm when I started recreating my most important sim. I finished at 5am and had to wake up 2 hours later. I felt dead but also pretty relieved. Never again. Nuhhuh. Although it did help me out with some lag in the game. But if next time comes I'll be sure to save my households to the gallery before clearing tray...
    Normally creating sims take me 1 - 2 hours.