Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Publisher sale, but not stuff packs discounts?

Just wondering i why stuff packs never get any discount sales, seems both expansion packs and game packs over periods of time get a discount ranging from 20-50%, but i can't really recall seeing stuff packs ever getting any pricing discount deals at all. Might be i missed a rare occasion where it happened if so i stand corrected, but times i seen many other sim title packs go on discount deals i never once myself came across stuff pack discount. Perhaps with exception of Vintage Glamour pack i think had a 20% or something recently, does anyone know why this is or there so Guru's willing to sheed some light on it.

Because there still a few stuff packs if not all at one point or another i like to get, but for some them i think the content doesn't warrent full asking price personally. So been hoping that eventually a deal would come across with some discount on them, that would convince to finally get some them if not all them. Seems at this point stuff packs are only collectible packs i don't have all off yet :)

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Stuff packs rarely have sales, but they do sometimes. I think there were at leats two during last year. Be patient! :smile:
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Just wondering i why stuff packs never get any discount sales, seems both expansion packs and game packs over periods of time get a discount ranging from 20-50%, but i can't really recall seeing stuff packs ever getting any pricing discount deals at all. Might be i missed a rare occasion where it happened if so i stand corrected, but times i seen many other sim title packs go on discount deals i never once myself came across stuff pack discount. Perhaps with exception of Vintage Glamour pack i think had a 20% or something recently, does anyone know why this is or there so Guru's willing to sheed some light on it.

Because there still a few stuff packs if not all at one point or another i like to get, but for some them i think the content doesn't warrent full asking price personally. So been hoping that eventually a deal would come across with some discount on them, that would convince to finally get some them if not all them. Seems at this point stuff packs are only collectible packs i don't have all off yet :)

They are only $10 US
    There really isn't a lot of room to give a discount of any significance.
    Later on towards the end you might start to see bundles of them that offer a discount however.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2017

While it's true that sales for Stuff packs are rare, it does happen. :)
    I bought the Spooky Stuff on sale for $7 (not inc tx), but unfortunately, missed the sale where Stuff packs were $5 each. :s
    I'd be shocked if they ever had that kind of sale again.
    (and bundles never help me, because they are always paired with pks I already have)

They may be "only $10 each", (almost $11@ w/tx) but it does eventually add up. :(
    (and sometimes important issues in RL make it harder to keep up.)

I also sometimes only want part of a pack, but have to buy the whole thing to get it, or do without.
    So I also don't always feel the $10 is worth it, but... :*o:)

I'm personally waiting for 50% off sale for the stuff packs I'm still missing. Last year they had two of those and I don't see why there couldn't be another one some time this year.
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Tbh I feel like Christmas might be the closest time the stuff packs will get a sale.

Or maybe once the Bowling SP comes out there will be one to celebrate the Sims 4 breaking a world record of most stuff packs in a game, lol.

Seriously, we currently have the same number of SPs as the Sims 3
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You want $3 off a game that's $10? Wow.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I would like $5 off a $10 pack (Vintage Glamour pk), because I mostly want the Globe that dispenses drinks.
    There is nothing wrong with that. :/
    After all, they HAVE had 50 % off Stuff packs before
    I just missed out on it. :(
    Most, ( though not all) of my stuff was bought at regular prices.

The sarcasm was unnecessary. :|
    You saw the thread title, and still thought it was ok to insinuate an insult...
    Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • WonderfulKillJoy123WonderfulKillJoy123 Posts: 42 Member
    Stuff packs are less money, so naturally, they are going to have less discounts.
    Jayna
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I'm just grateful they are cheaper & with better content for gameplay than they were in TS3. One tip for cheap price: try Origin, then look around a few places online.... Find the cheapest one or get a bundle. Shops tend to charge less online than in store because there's more compettition online. Ask a shop about why the prices are different on their website and they'll literally say that reason to your face.

In TS3, I thought SPs were too expensive and the content wasn't great... but I still ended up with four, two of which I got free. I paid full price for one, but it was 'half price' in a shop... that was charging too much, as in more than Origin... Then, I got another one for about $7 in a Steam sale...

But TS4 isn't on Steam and may be that way forever.... Your hopes of $7 cheap SPs are over and $10 isn't much more. At least you'll get gameplay items included, such as hot tubs :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    It's not that 10$ is earthqaukingly a lot for me, it's more a principle thing for me that i don't think stuff packs have same level of value across the board, so i don't really spend 10$ dollar on getting less on some them. Which is why i was hoping a discount might show up on those i am still missing.

As for the globe thing #SIMPLYSIMAZING you may regret it, sims will constantly drink from it and get fat really fast :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2017
    The only way is the Origin promo codes : 20% , 25%, 30%, 40% or 50% off (May, September, December/January).

In September 2016, I bought 2 Stuff Packs at 10€ (50% off promo code)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2017

I would like $5 off a $10 pack (Vintage Glamour pk), because I mostly want the Globe that dispenses drinks.

I feel the sincerity in your post and I hope you can understand mine. If I want a Stuff Pack badly enough and it costs $10, I'm going to buy it. I won't wait around saying "Ugh, when are they going to discount this $10 pack, I don't want to pay full price, it's outrageous!" Not just this one, but I've seen at least 3 other threads like this asking why Stuff Packs aren't heavily discounted like the other packs. I'm all for saving money and whatnot but seriously? Sorry if you don't find humor in this thread, because I surely do lol.
    edited March 2017

I feel the sincerity in your post and I hope you can understand mine. If I want a Stuff Pack badly enough and it costs $10, I'm going to buy it. I won't wait around saying "Ugh, when are they going to discount this $10 pack, I don't want to pay full price, it's outrageous!" Not just this one, but I've seen at least 3 other threads like this asking why Stuff Packs aren't heavily discounted like the other packs. I'm all for saving money and whatnot but seriously? Sorry if you don't find humor in this thread, because I surely do lol.

It's true that the discounts for other packs are much bigger and thus more meaningful. For me not buying all stuff packs full price is about the principle I guess. I don't feel the need to own everything, so I only buy the ones I really want on release. But I still love getting new stuff and if it's for sale then it's easier for me to justify getting something I'm on the fence about. If you think of one stuff packs it's not a big difference in price really, but someone could also be holding up to buy several at one time and would end up saving a lot.
    edited March 2017

It's true that the discounts for other packs are much bigger and thus more meaningful. For me not buying all stuff packs full price is about the principle I guess. I don't feel the need to own everything, so I only buy the ones I really want on release. But I still love getting new stuff and if it's for sale then it's easier for me to justify getting something I'm on the fence about. If you think of one stuff packs it's not a big difference in price really, but someone could also be holding up to buy several at one time and would end up saving a lot.

They could have multibuy discounts and save people who don't have any SPs yet a substantial chunk of $70 (I think?) for all of them.

But buying them all at once makes each pack feel like it's worth less... to me. Because that way I don't notice new content from each individual pack as much. So it may not be such a great idea to get all DLC at once.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    The only way is the Origin promo codes : 20% , 25%, 30%, 40% or 50% off (May, September, December/January).

In September 2016, I bought 2 Stuff Packs at 10€ (50% off promo code)

Guess i will have to keep and eye out for those around that time then.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    II think like someone else has already pointed out its due to the price of stuff packs already being rather low. They are £7.99 here in the uk and you do get quiet alot of content for your money.
  • sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    Personally I find the price of the stuff packs quite reasonable but I definitely agree with you in the sense that there's certain packs in which I still cannot justify buying for said price considering there's maybe only one or two items out of the whole pack that I'd be interested in. I'm actually stunned that a discount on stuff packs happens once in a blue moon though but, then again, I'm also the person who practically had a heart attack when I was able to get all three expansion packs for a lot less than I would've paid at full price because I wasn't expecting to ever be able to afford them. I think you just need to keep your eyes peeled and perhaps you'll eventually come across a discounted stuff pack. As I said, I wasn't expecting to get the deal that I did even though they are expansion packs to be fair. I'm only genuinely interested in one stuff pack at the moment and I can quite easily wait for it, but maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to have a good discount across all of the game packs which will no doubt blow my bank account if it ever happens, but I can deal with that! ;)
    II think like someone else has already pointed out its due to the price of stuff packs already being rather low. They are £7.99 here in the uk and you do get quiet alot of content for your money.

And some early ones were £7.50, before they changed the price...
    feKqkxf.jpg