Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 004 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Jestina Congrats on completing house 4 (and surviving the toddlers). Good luck with house 5. I have the homework freeing bug too - if it's the one I'm thinking of. Mine's the one where they sit at a dining table to do it and someone else sits there with a meal and the game freezes. I either have to pause the game a lot or do away with a dining table.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The homework bug seems to be a problem with the multi-tasking that they added. If any sim tries an action with the sim doing homework, the game usually starts freezing.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have that too at times, it is annoying!

I have something else that is weird with doing homework. They place their homework right through the keyboard of the computer and write on that. looks weird.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Toddler madness is over. This was probably the most fun challenge for me so far. Completed everything, no deaths, and no toddlers taken away.
    That, my friend....is impressive! U sure had a full house!! I'm so glad that u enjoyed this house mini-challenge :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    Thank you @Piazzagirl1015.

I have the same. Then I think I'll go for a certain sim, but then I see one I like more lol
    In house 1 I thought I choose for Paolo to soon, be he turned out to be alright. I didn't like him because his chin is huge. Some of the kids did get his chin, but Paolo was such a nice sim and so sweet to his wife.

@Illusie I thought Paolo was a perfect choice for Willow as they were a sweet couple and Jack was a handsome young man. I do understand how you feel about certain genetics but everything worked out well for your first generation.

@Jestina Sorry to hear about all the elders die on your lot. That had to be annoying. Now you are having all these babies by alien abduction. So many toddlers around! Boy things are going crazy for you during this house. OMG I just seen the picture of your house and great mind must think alike. I'm making a house with a flat roof with a fence around it to place a telescope there. Mine is set up differently than yours but its a simlar idea. I can't show you a picture yet because he hasn't earned enough money to buy the telescope. I will post when its done. Congratulations on finishing house 4 and completing all of the goals.

@ra3rei I just caught up on Taylor's story and commented on your blog.

RE:homework-I have the homework/multi tasking freezing glitch also. Once the kid starts their homework (on their own because we can't direct them to do it) if someone tries to talk to them (multi tasking) everyone in the house freezes until I stop the kid from doing their homework and reset all the sims. I tried to look up to find out if there was a fix for this glitch and the only one is to direct the kids or teenagers to sit in a room by themselves and have them do the homework there. Once the homework is done the kid won't do it at the kitchen table or any place where multi tasking will cause this glitch to happen. Of course this fix won't work for us as we can't direct the kid to do their homework anywhere. The way I'm dealing with it is not to have any focus lamps in any rooms where the family would gather together and only in the childrens bedrooms. The result is none of my children or teenagers are doing their homework at all :(

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    RE:homework-I have the homework/multi tasking freezing glitch also. Once the kid starts their homework (on their own because we can't direct them to do it) if someone tries to talk to them (multi tasking) everyone in the house freezes until I stop the kid from doing their homework and reset all the sims. I tried to look up to find out if there was a fix for this glitch and the only one is to direct the kids or teenagers to sit in a room by themselves and have them do the homework there. Once the homework is done the kid won't do it at the kitchen table or any place where multi tasking will cause this glitch to happen. Of course this fix won't work for us as we can't direct the kid to do their homework anywhere. The way I'm dealing with it is not to have any focus lamps in any rooms where the family would gather together and only in the childrens bedrooms. The result is none of my children or teenagers are doing their homework at all :(

Some might consider it cheating since we're not supposed to go on the other sims but what I do is when it freezes go on the child/teen and cancel out the conversation each time it begins. Very rarely do I have to reset anyone. Once they have an A I usually sell their homework to prevent this really annoying glitch. I'm shocked that it's lasted so long without being fixed.
  • Options
    Some might consider it cheating since we're not supposed to go on the other sims but what I do is when it freezes go on the child/teen and cancel out the conversation each time it begins. Very rarely do I have to reset anyone. Once they have an A I usually sell their homework to prevent this really annoying glitch. I'm shocked that it's lasted so long without being fixed.

Sometimes on mine when I have that glitch it does require me to reset all the sims. A few times just canceling out the homework is enough but not often. I don't think switching to another sim to fix a glitch would be considered a cheat since we are only doing it to make the game run properly and it isn't our fault that we are doing it. I guess @Vihisha would really have to be the one to determine if this is an exception to the rules or not.

I do have to agree that this is a very annoying glitch and its almost as if they don't care about it. There isn't even a mod out there to fix it. @Rainydayz179 I do thank you for that bit of advice. I had no idea that you can sell the homework after they get an A. If any of my kids ever do get an A again I will make sure to do that.

• Options
    I do have to agree that this is a very annoying glitch and its almost as if they don't care about it. There isn't even a mod out there to fix it. @Rainydayz179 I do thank you for that bit of advice. I had no idea that you can sell the homework after they get an A. If any of my kids ever do get an A again I will make sure to do that.

You're welcome. Good luck with getting your A's!
  • Options
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I will need that luck as I haven't had one kid get an A yet.

Mine almost always do. I'm obsessive about that focused aura all over the house! Also, as soon as I see a kid start their homework I send my controllable sim over to help. I've found they don't stop in the middle of homework when they're being helped. Plus it has the added bonus of making them focused which seems to help them finish faster.
  • Options

Mine almost always do. I'm obsessive about that focused aura all over the house! Also, as soon as I see a kid start their homework I send my controllable sim over to help. I've found they don't stop in the middle of homework when they're being helped. Plus it has the added bonus of making them focused which seems to help them finish faster.

I was doing that too with the focus items because I really want them to get A's but even when I send the controllable parent to help that will trigger the glitch also. It wasn't that bad at first but it got worse as time went by. I really should try it again to see if the problem is any better now as we had a few updates. Next time in game I will do so.

• Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I know kids need to get to level 4 in a skill and teens to level 3 to get that A. If they don't manage it on their own (kids sometimes do if they play on monkey bars for example) then I'll buy a chess table and make the adult play with them. Sometimes they'll play on their own too leaving the adult to do other stuff. That might help. :smile:
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I've never had the "help with homework" interaction cause the freezing glitch. @Karise makes a good point as well with the needed skills for grades.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen a child use the drawing table autonomously? I put it in almost every house of this challenge and no child ever used it. I tried putting it in a room with an inspired mood but that didn't get them to use it either.
  • Options
    @Jestina I have - but only very rarely. And no idea why they do or don't.
  • Options
    @Jestina I never have personally but I've seen it on Lessthanzero's youtube let's play so I know it's possible.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015, thanks!

@jestina, only once. Maybe they need to be inspired to do that? I'll have to try that out.
  • Options
    I think Less was playing before City Living. CL seems have created all kinds of wonkiness with item attraction. Like sims are obsessed with wood working, science table, and basketball net. On the opposite end, it seems they often ignore objects like the easel and drawing table.
  • Options
    I think Less was playing before City Living. CL seems have created all kinds of wonkiness with item attraction. Like sims are obsessed with wood working, science table, and basketball net. On the opposite end, it seems they often ignore objects like the easel and drawing table.

They sure are obsessed with the woodworking table.
    At the beginning of house 6 I had a visitor who would always paint ssomething while she was there. But you are right, they usually ignore the easel unless there isn't anything else to do
  • Options
    Sometimes on mine when I have that glitch it does require me to reset all the sims. A few times just canceling out the homework is enough but not often. I don't think switching to another sim to fix a glitch would be considered a cheat since we are only doing it to make the game run properly and it isn't our fault that we are doing it. I guess @Vihisha would really have to be the one to determine if this is an exception to the rules or not.
    Nope...not rule breaking in this case! Sometimes u gotta' do...what u gotta' do!
    Has anyone seen a child use the drawing table autonomously? I put it in almost every house of this challenge and no child ever used it. I tried putting it in a room with an inspired mood but that didn't get them to use it either.
    They WILL use the drawing table autonomously...& sadly the chance of doing so isn't much higher than the violin. The trick I have found is "talking 2 them about" painting etc. so they learn the creativity skill. Then they seem more apt 2 do "creative" things like using the drawing table. The same thing w/the violin skill :smiley:
    CL seems have created all kinds of wonkiness with item attraction. Like sims are obsessed with wood working, science table, and basketball net. On the opposite end, it seems they often ignore objects like the easel and drawing table.
    Holy moly...I know right?! I'm not sure it was CL or Vampires that borked stuff! I have a save that my Sims will stop bathing & eating 2 shoot hoops or work on the woodworking table...it drives me absolutely bats! I hope they get some fixes implemented soon!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    New YouTube content added! =)
    -ALLJ Games ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp62Pgts2lhqg1kbDrCJrZg
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Pandora is all grown up! Gave her a little makeover before the big move.
    quENu2c.png

Off to house 5! I wonder what her roommate will be like...
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Pandora is all grown up! Gave her a little makeover before the big move.
    Off to house 5! I wonder what her roommate will be like...

She's pretty. :)
  • Options
    @MocaJava Yeay...GRATZ!!! Pandora is very pretty!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @MocaJava Congrats on completing house 4. Good luck in house 5. You have a very pretty heir.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top