Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on SimTown Market

I really want to know what are your thoughts on the SimTown Market Event. Although SimTown Market isn't impossible, I dislike the fact that it uses your Profession resources as well as Coins which is problematic if you're saving the Resources or Coins to build new Workstations. Also working with Specialized Sims is pretty much impossible since working will spawn up to 2 Couriers per day and combined with Sims that require the appropriate Workstation will stall progression. To workaround this, I have the 3rd/4th Sim join the Profession who are not Specialized with one doing Requests and the other dealing with the Courier. As with the other Events, this Event also uses the controversial Social Point requirement.

What are your thoughts on the SimTown Market Event?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't mind.

My police station is at 100% and its storage is full. So now I can at least use some of its content and maybe even now get the 110,000 coins which I need to expand the storage.

I also need only a few more upgrades in movie studio. So the only problem there is that I am a little low on resources.

The only workstation that I still need to build is the ward in the hospital. But I can wait another week before I build it :)
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    At this point I'm not wasting resources on this market thing.It should be a option like the weekly task.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited March 2017
    At this point I'm not wasting resources on this market thing.It should be a option like the weekly task.

I agree. The problem with the SimTown Market Events is they eat through your Resources like they're candy which isn't a problem if all/most of your Workstations are upgraded/built like @Epre said but it can be a problem for players who are saving the Resources/Coins either for using the Coins/Resources to Trade, upgrading Workstations, or building new Workstations especially if they're rare or uncommon resources.

Also working while the Event is active will cause a Courier to spawn instead of a normal/Important Sim taking 1/2 or 1/3 of the time to do all requests (Couriers require 3 hours and 32 minutes). And I also dislike it using Social Points instead of Lifestyle Points.

On the other hand, the Events carry good prizes such as Monument Resources.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

I agree. The problem with the SimTown Market Events is they eat through your Resources like they're candy which isn't a problem if all/most of your Workstations are upgraded/built like @Epre said but it can be a problem for players who are saving the Resources/Coins either for using the Coins/Resources to Trade, upgrading Workstations, or building new Workstations especially if they're rare or uncommon resources.
    I think that they are worth it and I have always tried to use as many resources on those events as possible (except Social Points).
    Also working while the Event is active will cause a Courier to spawn instead of a normal/Important Sim taking 1/2 or 1/3 of the time to do all requests (Couriers require 3 hours and 32 minutes). And I also dislike it using Social Points instead of Lifestyle Points.
    I love the couriers because they are worth as much as about 15 times a normal request. So without couriers the market events would usually be impossible. I start with 2 hrs and use the timer on my iPad to set an alarm when it is finished so I don't miss it. Then I do the same with the 1 hr 10 minutes. Then the 20 minutes and finally the 2 minutes.

The only problem with the couriers is if they appear shortly before the end of the work shift and/or shortly before my bedtime. Then I usually ignore them because I will miss them anyway unless I speed them up with social points which I usually never do.
    On the other hand, the Events carry good prizes such as Monument Resources.
    Exactly! :)
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I dont mind it, but I usually dont do them unless its something I cant buy from the home store. I work right up to the rugs..lol
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    I haven't done any of these sim town market events yet. I haven't fully upgraded all my work places yet, so am keeping the resources for that for now.

It's good though that once all the upgrades are done, there is something useful to do with the professions, otherwise, they would be just redundant after all the work we have done to build them up.

Shame it uses SP though, as these are very hard to accumulate.
  • SeraQueenSeraQueen Posts: 2 New Member
    Can I ask something? I have a bug. In a casting profession, i have a customer and a sim town market guy but they dont show the bubble request. I have sim town market event going on, i want yo get the token, but the sim town market guy dont show his request.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    it’s ridiculous how long it takes to full upgrade one profession
  • ValePreValePre Posts: 3 New Member
    > @lovlyb said:
    > I dont mind it, but I usually dont do them unless its something I cant buy from the home store. I work right up to the rugs..lol

same here! And I really wish I'll collect all rugs sooner or later coz I'd love to have different prizes!
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I have seen some of the rugs pop up in the Architect Houses. :smiley:
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I deliberately started ignoring the last event just so I could use those resources and simoleons where I really needed them. I ight not mind so much when the film studio is further along.
    image.png
  • BunnySimBunnySim Posts: 1 New Member
    Ugh. I am hating Simtown Market because they just sit there and eat up time. I want to upgrade! I don't want tokens, I want donuts!! In the game, too, not just IRL.
  • SingerdancerMVSingerdancerMV Posts: 1 New Member
    A problem I have been encountering recently is with the videos. Often, they are expired and I have to wait hours to continue my progress using that reward. This is rather infuriating.

I discovered that the courier rewards carry over from one event to the next. If I know I will complete the event before my time runs out, I try to collect a few courier rewards so I can use them for the next event.

My favorite Simtown Market Event reward is the time extension. I like to have some time extensions to use if I run out of time for a particularly rewarding event, like a free house.

Also, I will cancel work for my Sim and then send him back to work if a courier appears without sufficient time for my Sim to complete the reward. Then he can stay for the full shift or I can send him home early if I know I will be asleep.