Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @FaithofKaela @nicolethebowl Thank you so much! (:
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I am struggling with this one! I keep making my houses too big (which is usually not an issue for me!) and end up WAY over budget. I'm on house #3 now....
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Zer0Doxy Announcement

We wanted to let you all know that we have a time and date for Zer0Doxy's live stream of your entries for challenge #BNS62. It will be on the 11th of March at 12noon Pacific Time, (3pm Eastern Time).
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Gorgeous house @SyddyB206 love how the exterior colour blends in with the surroundings :)
    Wonderful build @undressyourbones love the upper balcony, really adds character to the facade :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @misscbong I had similar problems. What I did was I built my house on the tiniest lot in Newcrest, the 20x15 and then transferred it on another lot to expand the backyard for the pool. It helped with my sizing. It may help you to? > o <
    @masajo Thank you so much! ヽ(・∀・)ノ
    edited March 2017
    @nicolethebowl beautiful entry! you were able to do so much with the budget, it looks wonderful! i love the candles in the bedroom suite and the piano on the first floor. looking at your entry and rereading the guidelines....i realize i made one too many bedrooms for the kids! lol!
    (ノ*°▽°*)

i read it all wrong...hopefully it can still be accepted as an entry? @BuildnShare
    i can always knock a bedroom out lol.
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    @undressyourbones thank you! the budget was tough to follow. I ended up having to delete some of the nicer quality items. I also really like the mirrors and their placement in your kitchen/dining room area.
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    @undressyourbones For a second I thought your bedroom is outdoors! Silly me :) Looks like a great place to be woken up by birds, haha.
    @StSciurus That is what usually happens to me, so this time round I just save the house at the point I thought it would be to expensive, reduced it down to be within budget and then finished the expensive one seperately :)
    @SyddyB206 So much green! Looking forward to seeing it whole :)
    @nicolethebowl beautiful entry! you were able to do so much with the budget, it looks wonderful! i love the candles in the bedroom suite and the piano on the first floor. looking at your entry and rereading the guidelines....i realize i made one too many bedrooms for the kids! lol!
    (ノ*°▽°*)

i read it all wrong...hopefully it can still be accepted as an entry? @BuildnShare
    i can always knock a bedroom out lol.
    Hi @undressyourbones - as long as you meet the minimum specs you are good to go, extras are considered a bonus ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I 'think' I'm done, I realised that I had undergone some major depreciation in the process of building, so I've just had to go and get rid of a load of stuff that I really wanted, but could no longer afford. Now, to upgrade my appliances and the such like and get my showcase ready :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    CHALLENGE #: 64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home

FORUM ID: lyssan
    ORIGIN ID: bunniesaremagic
    LEVEL: Starting Out

LOT: Attorney's at home
    LOT COST: 96 992
    BUILD COST: 3 000
    TOTAL COST: 99 992

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/6bOmt
    ENTRY DETAILS: This Sourthern gem is ready to host a family of up to 6 sims - including 1 master bedroom with en-suite and walk-in wardrobe, two regular bedrooms (2 + 1 sim) and a toddler room. On top of that, it contains a French countryside kitchen, sunny day room, pool, gym and a study.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yup
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    k37rWDP.jpg
    PQm09kL.jpg
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2017
    FORUM ID: kerplunkee
    ORIGIN ID: valednr
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Oak Field
    LOT COST: 5.500
    BUILD COST: 84.361
    TOTAL COST: 89.861
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: My first building after a long pause, I can tell I'm satisfied with it!
    I designed an open area to keep so that the family could feel more together. For example, Michael could relax by reading next to the fireplace and in the meantime he can even keep an eye on the child who's watching a movie. For the bedrooms I imagined Michael and Dream would like to have children with age gaps amongst them, so I built a bedroom for a toddler, a bedroom for a child, and a bedroom for a teenager: the last one, I felt like a teenager would love his own space to play videogames, listening to music etc so I placed his bedroom far from the others.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: vOz7KfN.jpg

EDIT:
    ROOM: Elegant Country Bedroom
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: 12.498 simoleon. Light and cozy bedroom with private bathroom.
    Post edited by kerplukee on
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2017
    @kerplukee I love your house! The landscaping is wonderful and I love the doors to the kids rooms :)
    @lyssan I also love your's! I like the detail for the kids rooms like the toys in the middle of the room and the location you chose with a view in the backyard.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    edited March 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: onehummingbird
    ORIGIN ID: onehummingbird
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Tidewater Abode
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $96,991
    TOTAL COST: $99,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW

ENTRY DETAILS: When Michael and Dream Ryunoten requested a lowcountry home, we had just the one in mind. Tidewater Abode is a spacious yet cozy family home with everything you expect from a coastal Southern home - and more.

The house sits atop a foundation to allow water to flow underneath, a feature typical of traditional lowcountry/tidewater homes. The space beneath the home also serves as a carport and provides a shaded area for the Ryunoten's pool and outdoor shower.

The exterior of the home features a wraparound porch and screened-in back porch, both perfect for enjoying hot days. The split front stairway and fishing pond add curb appeal, and the view from the front porch is absolutely unbeatable. I imagine the children will enjoy playing in the tall grass around the house!

Upon entering the home you are greeted with a beautiful foyer area, with an entry hallway to the right beckoning you into the home office. **This is a bonus room! The Ryunotens didn't specifically request an office, but this will be the perfect place for them to meet clients when not in their downtown office.

The foyer leads straight into a spacious kitchen, with copper accents that add Southern charm. The bar seating and espresso machine are ideal for a quick midday pick-me-up. To the left of the kitchen resides a more traditional dining area, with a full-height window overlooking the back porch. I used blue throughout most of the home, but in the dining room, the yellow provides contrast and stimulates the appetite.

There is a bathroom off the kitchen as well, but rather than include the shower here, I've put a shower near the pool area so guests can wash off sand before entering the home.

To the right of the kitchen, you'll notice a welcoming and serene living room. I've left many walls blank so that Evangeline (Dream) can hang her own art collection... But here in the living room, I've provided a beautiful painting that ties together warm and cool colors in the room. The built-in console around the fireplace is a great place to store extra books, blankets, board games, and mementos. Directly left of the console, french doors lead to the enclosed porch.

Back in the foyer, the double doors to the left open to a spacious master bedroom with plenty of places to lounge: a custom-built canopy bed, an ottoman at the foot of the bed, and a vanity in the corner with plenty of natural light. The master bedroom also boasts a walk-in closet that leads to the master bathroom.

Near the master bedroom door in the foyer, you'll see a stairway leading to additional bedrooms and a roomy upstairs area. I've put a home gym here, but there is so much more space to add whatever your heart desires! Perhaps a foosball table or bubble blower? Maybe a dollhouse for the kids? The possibilities are endless.

Each bedroom is gender neutral and perfect for any children or guests. Bedroom one features bunk beds to maximize space, as well as a desk tucked into the nook under the window. Bedroom two has an eco-friendly double bed with a recycled frame, and a wall mural of a tree (a reminder of the trees that were saved by choosing sustainable materials!). Bedroom three includes double beds, a closet, desk, and dresser. A well-stocked, rustic country bathroom sits between the bedrooms.

Tidewater Abode is the perfect place for any sim looking for great views, charming Southern decor in soft colors, and a lot of bang for their buck!

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    lQkqS1Q.png
    PTJHZLW.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @lyssan - gorgeous build! As I said before I adore that fountain in the front yard and the driveway is really well done! Your interiors are lovely, the kids rooms are epic!

@kerplukee - lovely to see you again!! Gorgeous interiors and the landscaping is very pretty.

@onehummingbird - what a gorgeous low country coastal lot! The landscaping is perfect! And your interiors are amazing, so soft and pretty without looking overly girly,
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    @lyssan Can you tell me what packs you have? I've seen some gorgeous furniture in your build :)
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    @FaithofKaela @nicolethebowl thank you!! It feels so good to be back again :)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Amazing entries, everyone! I love each and everyone's take on the style. :smiley:
    @kerplukee Having a detatched bit on a side is such a great idea! :) Makes it way more realistic.

@onehummingbird Now that is a beach side mansion I could see myself living in :)

@nicolethebowl I actually started building in Willow Creek till I realized the lot I chose cost 9k... Blonde moment on my side. But I do love this coastal lot, on my regular, playing save I have a huuuge, modern, almost all-glass building there, great views from every room.

@FaithofKaela I think making kids rooms is my favourite thing to do, they always eat into my budget so much as well...

@golden_glow I actually have all of them; but the ones I find myself using most at the moment are Spa Day, City Living and Glamour Stuff. I am obsessed with Glamour Stuff, which definitely shows... There are few packs I barely ever use for more than this one item I love from them, like Backyard Stuff for the wind chimneys or Movie Night for the little colourful puffs.

@StSciurus Thanks :)
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - Which lot belonged to Jesus? Just so I have an idea of where they are looking to build the lot. Thanks!
    @misscbong - Jesus had his house built on Potters Splay in Willow Creek.

I didn't understand that part, should I change my build?? Is it a requirement to be in Willow Creek?
    edited March 2017
    @nicolethebowl great build! I love the neutral colors throughout. And that bathroom is so romantic!
    @FaithofKaela I'm excited to see the interior of the home, the exterior looks beautiful!
    @lyssan I think you're on the right track and if you add more porch that might give it a more lowcountry feel. Great landscaping! That upstairs study area is my favorite!
    @StSciurus wow, what a statuesque home! I'm excited to see the rest!
    @SyddyB206 Love the line of trees for privacy around the house. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build, too!
    @undressyourbones that second floor balcony is so charming! Awesome job on the soft but neutral/masculine colors.
    @kerplukee Wow, I know it's already been said but your landscaping is fantastic! Love the earthy, soft neutrals in the living room and the way the bookshelf is tucked away by the stairs.

Great builds, everyone! Can't wait to see more!
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Pastel Sunshine
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 75,299
    TOTAL COST: 77,799
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/lnImx
    ENTRY DETAILS: This beautiful sunny lot is great for a bright person! It comes with a water-front view and simple landscaping. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a pretty decent kitchen, updated with the latest kitchen ware from the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack! If your athletic or want to go for a swim, it has an outdoor pool and workout area!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No!

SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - Which lot belonged to Jesus? Just so I have an idea of where they are looking to build the lot. Thanks!
    @misscbong - Jesus had his house built on Potters Splay in Willow Creek.

I didn't understand that part, should I change my build?? Is it a requirement to be in Willow Creek?

@onehummingbird - no, you do not need to have built your home in Willow Creek, there were no lot requirements in the brief. misscbong was just asking for advice ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
    @nicolethebowl thank you :)
    @BuildnShare awesome! thank you!
    @lyssan nice build! love the fountain in the front and the color you chose for the roofing!
    @kerplukee lovely build! your landscaping is beautiful!
    @onehummingbird wowowowow! LOVE your build and location. Beautiful! thank you for your comments!
    @SyddyB206 beautiful build. love the color scheme you chose. bright and cheerful! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top