Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @jotajeje No problem. Since you don't get many simpoints I suggest you put 6 or 7 items from the "Animals Abound" Set (it has 8 total) on your wishlist so people can gift you those items. Once you got enough of the set you should be able to afford the rest or get the free download button and from there the other two.
    It's not easy to gift items if they are not on the wishlist. ;-)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2017
    jotajeje wrote: »
    Hi @charlotteprice, I'm new in the gift section of the store. I really appreciate your initiative to help me, thank you! :)

I heard a little about this glitch but didn't understand a lot so I put this set at the bottom of my WL to remember me to check it deeply later, I will read more about it! (I spend a little more time to read and understand clearly in english)

I didn't quite understand about this dl button, you mean if I have available "Your Price" option on these sets which those itens are Included?

I was able just two times in the last 10 days, and I only got 30 simpoints each. :'(
    I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll try my best and give you a couple of pointers.

First off, I think what @charlotteprice meant by "do you check to see if you have the green dl button on those items that the sets come with?" is that they wonder if you check the price of sets you have not yet completed regularly in order to see how far you have to go in order to download it (aka how big the CYS is - Complete Your Set Discount). When you own enough of a set you may get the "green dl (download) button", which means you can get the rest of the set for free!

The "Animal Abounds" cascade that @charlotteprice also mentioned is a Store-glitch that allows for simmers to legally download items worth thousands of sp for the low price 400 sp. More information about how to do this can be found here, along with a Portugese translation of it.

Speaking of cascades, @LadybugLeslie has a thread about several cascades that allows you to get the most items out of your hard-earned sp that can be found here. Many of these cascade also heavily depend on the Daily Deal (DD) Rotation.

The Daily Deal Rotation-thread is - in my opinion - possibly the most useful thread in the quest to owning the Store. On the first page you will find a complete list of the rotation, as well as links to different threads and spreadsheets that may help you own the Store. It's may seem overwhelming at first glance, but try and read through some of it. If you have any questions regarding the information there, don't hesitate to post your questions in the thread; there are several DD-stalking veterans who are immensely helpful and more than willing to help you get your own DD-stalking on! :wink:

Lastly, here is a link to a thread that lists all the free items available in the Store (although it's a bit dated), the Simdex (for keeping track of which Store items you own and which you don't) and a thread about missing stencils if you're a completionist like me.

If you don't know where to start, I would recommend heading straight over to the DD thread and start there. :smile:

Hope this makes sense and helps you, if even just a little :blush:

Edit: Thought I add that since you are a full member here on the forums, you should probably put a link to your WL in your signature so that people can gift you more easily!
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @Jahnna Plum! You beat me to it! :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Thank you very much! @LillaGrisen You helped me a lot! Starting it right now!
    I just added a signature.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited March 2017
    *wipes forehead*

Thank you @Jahnna and @LillaGrisen You both explained it so well! So grateful you both came to my rescue :D<3

@jotajeje I only see one item from the set (Giraffe Measurer). Is that correct? Did you already put the other items needed in your WL? I am late, lol
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited March 2017
    @jotajeje the info on the first page of the Daily Deal thread can be overwhelming. I suggest you start with the Animals Abound cascade. It is the best example of how a cascade can work, and it's a lot of fun to get so much for so little so quickly.

@jahnna and @LillaGrisen have done a great job with explaining things. The only thing I'll add is the first thing I'd tell you when you introduce yourself there. Take it one step at a time and ask LOTS of questions. We never get sick of answering them. So come on over and introduce yourself to everyone.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    On a personal note: three days with not a single ad. I'll have to make some time later to see if I can do better on my Mac.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I am on my Mac and ads keep coming ;) Must be getting yours too :p
    edited March 2017
    @charlotteprice That giraffe shouldn't be there, lol. I fixed it, I just put there some itens of the Animals Abound Playground instead.
    @charlotteprice You really are a Ninja!!! Thank you!!!
    Jude525 wrote: »
    On a personal note: three days with not a single ad. I'll have to make some time later to see if I can do better on my Mac.

I am on mac too, and ads almost never show up. :s

jotajeje wrote: »

I am on mac too, and ads almost never show up. :s

Well, I guess I am getting your ads too, LOL

I am on a desktop, don't know if that matters though!
    edited March 2017
    I'm on a normal windows desktop and my ads vary. Sometimes I get them in the day too, sometimes I only get them from 10pm UTC onwards. It says somewhere that availability depends on the 'inventory' or whatever. I guess the location plays a role sometimes too, as different countries can have different ads assigned to them, some of which are just flooding out, some that only come around here and there.
    (With location I mean the country set on the Sims3.com website)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    Is that the same Mac that you were supposed to sell? :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun, Tip Top Toddler Collection and Kids! 2010! You gave me a lot more than 7 itens! @charlotteprice! Thank you very much! :)

Thanks for help me figure it out @Jahnna and @LillaGrisen.
    I started with the Animal Abound cascade @Jude525 and now I already have a lot of content! :D
    We may all praise the ultimate wishlist ninja @charlotteprice! *religiously worshipping and bowing before the charlotteprice-altar* o:)
    Jahnna wrote: »
    We may all praise the ultimate wishlist ninja @charlotteprice! *religiously worshipping and bowing before the charlotteprice-altar* o:)
    Hm... Do you think we might get the gurus to change @charlotteprice's rank to something in the style of "Deity of Gift-Giving" or "The Ultimate Ninja - killing off most of your Sims 3 Store WL at the same time"? :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »

Joins the praise! Thank you @charlotteprice and @TrevorJ for your gifts, I completed Le Cirque Celebration! with 75sp. Yay!

Congrats Jahnna for owning the store! *Throws confetti*

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, @TrevorJ, for the gift! Unfortunately it seems that only one of them went through, but I'm still grateful for the gift I got and that you even tried sending me another one!

My top 5 has been updated!
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @TrevorJ reading from LillaGrisen's post it seems that you send messages with your gifts? If you did so with me I want to apologise as I don't receive emails anymore, nor do I get notifications on the sims3.com website, so I never see if someone wrote something. I had to go to my purchase history to see who gifted me what.
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    I haven't been on much in the last few days to see if I get any ads, but I'm having no luck so far today
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you for the gifts @TrevorJ ! I did get them all! :)

I've updated my top5.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've updated my Top 5 too :lol:

ETA: I've updated it again, with different items, since I've realized I don't want one set at all (at least for the time being). I want another one, from which I have 25% of items, and that set is recommended with Midnight Hollow, which I got as a gift from (sorry for tagging you this much) @charlotteprice . My Thank you tread explains it all. :lol:
    Post edited by ninaumi on
    Is that the same Mac that you were supposed to sell? :lol:

Yes, but for the record, the reason I still have it isn't to farm SimPoints. Otherwise I'd be sitting at it every day. It's because I have to transfer all my stuff off from it. Which I haven't felt like doing since I've been fighting an evil head cold for, wait for it, FOUR WEEKS! I've been so miserable that I've been mostly in bed or in the living room, which are both in daylight, rather than the basement, where it is dark.

I had started feeling better last weekend, but then went with my niece to the ER to see if her nose was broken. I probably should have put on one of those mask thingies, cuz apparently something new moved in to my still weak and vulnerable body and within 24 hours I was right back where I'd left off. It's been unseasonably warm lately, but real Spring can't get here soon enough so that I can just open all the windows and let the fresh air in.

I haven't even been Simming that much. Just watching TV, a little reading, and listening to lots of audiobooks. Oh, and quite a bit of time on the forums. But hopefully I'll rally soon and resume my life.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    I get not being in a rush to transfer stuff off an old mac to a new one. My old one still works, it just severely lacks the storage space I need, hence the new one.