Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does EA know what it is doing.

2...Next

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited November 2009
    i dont see any reason why they cant beta test patches. im sure alot of people would volenteer for that. i mean, ppl volenteer to test out new mods all the time, so whats the differnce?
  • Porcelain21Porcelain21 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Is there any way to uninstall the latest game update? I have a saved game I've been running for over 60 week and I don't wanna mess it up over some stupid basement option I probably won't even use. I can't say I've had any drastic things happen (game got very slow) since the update but knowing what I know now, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited November 2009
    the only way to uninstall updates is to completely uninstall the game.

but if you save your town data is should be ok to just drop back into theg ame again

(i havent tried it yet, so i dont know how well that would work)

it worked for me in ts2 tho
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Zeri wrote:
    Zeri wrote:
    i dont have the new patches, or the new EP yet, but from everything i read on here, im terrified to get it.
    my game currently works fine and i dont want to muck it up with so called 'improvements'

if i hear some good stories of ppl playing WA with CC/mods, perhaps ill change my mind

So, you haven't experienced any problems of your own, but are going to assume that the people who have problems outweigh the people who don't and just advocate that the game creators are 100% to blame? :roll:

CC is usually the cause of a new patch or EP not working. As long as you back up your Mods folder when you do the install, you can safely remove it and do a "troubleshooting" on your own on by slowly adding each piece back in. It's time-consuming (depending on how much CC you have), but you'll get to the bottom of it.

Actually, one of the biggest benefits of TS3 that I've found is the organization of your CC. It's all in one folder, instead of plunked into multiple areas like it was in TS2. Troubleshooting has been made much easier because of this, and the game creators are recognizing that we ARE going to install 3rd-party content.

I haven't had a problem yet, either, but at the same time I'm prepared if I do.

i didnt just get here..

i read these forums everyday. and i have seen time and time again the people have alot of problems with just about EVERY patch, and no not always due to CC.

there are plenty of posts where people have problems who have no content at all.

so am i just to assume that people are liars? or that EAs patches are faulty?

either way, im not risking MY game

And that's fine. I'm not trying to get you to upgrade your game or purchase any additional EPs.

My point is just that I take your comments with a grain of salt, because you stated outright that you take the risks out of the equation by not upgrading. Also, that there are a lot of posters like you, who have never experienced problems and jump on the "Blame EA" bandwagon because you read other posts by people who do have problems.
  • linnpinn91linnpinn91 Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2009
    The problem is that most computers works differently, and EA can't come home to you and fit the game for your computer. There lots of software that collides with other software and there is not much to do about it. I'm sure EA is working their "rare-ends" of to fix the problem. It's no help in complaining, but it may help if you inform them of the problems in a polite way.
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited November 2009
    Okay. I just played an old neighborhood and got the error 16 when trying to save. So I saved as to make a new file, edited the house and played a little then saved without a problem.
    So, it makes a new updated saved file with the new patch info and save was available again.
    I'm having no other problems at the moment.
  • Rockermonkey999Rockermonkey999 Posts: 1,953 New Member
    edited November 2009
    EA are officially the smartest people on the face of the earth.

Tehehe, I lie :D.
  • Sims2TheMax3Sims2TheMax3 Posts: 441
    edited November 2009

:lol:
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited November 2009

LOL :lol: