Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Bowling Stuff [Ideas/Speculation]

13...Next

Comments

• MegamiNyxMegamiNyx Posts: 24 Member
    This would be a nice date spot. I would mind paying $10 for this. Sounds fun.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Since it's a stuff pack they will probably only have 2 gameplay objects (especially since one of the gameplay objects seems to have a lot of animations)

Here is what I want
    • Bowling alley (different styles at least 2)
    • emotions/buffs associated with different results (always for strike, occasional buff for spare or gutter ball)
    • Usable by kids-elders. (Unfortunately toddlers I think won't be included)
    • Arcade venue where sims pushed to automatically bowl, play arcade games, play virtual games, play tv games.
    • Bowling clothing for sims of all ages (even if toddlers can't bowl they should get something)
    • Other gameplay object could be vending machine, claw game, or pinball

This is what I think will be in. Unfortunately not much for toddlers, but I don't see how they could get a gameplay object that would fit with them theme and not feel shoehorned in.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    They could put in a play area for toddlers. That would mean some new toddler toys.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Great idea, @TheLibrarySim! It would be nice to have some areas outside the home where there are dedicated play areas for toddlers. :smiley:
    Now that I think of it, that'd be really cool, @Jaline33 Maybe a dedicated toddler play area, with little slides and stuff to climb on. And it would be something that could be added to any public gathering place.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    @TheLibrarySim - I really love your ideas little slides, climbing things - maybe little riding toys, too - and a bouncy castle. I guess realistically it would take more than a stuff pack to add the animations in - but maybe a sandbox would work as they could use roughly the same animation as the building blocks? Hmmm . . . lol - you shouldn't have gotten me started! :smiley:
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    @TheLibrarySim - I really love your ideas little slides, climbing things - maybe little riding toys, too - and a bouncy castle. I guess realistically it would take more than a stuff pack to add the animations in - but maybe a sandbox would work as they could use roughly the same animation as the building blocks? Hmmm . . . lol - you shouldn't have gotten me started! :smiley:

A mini pirate ship or spaceship to climb on? How plumbin' cute would that be? Rocking horses? That little popcorn push toy you find in everybody's basement from when they were toddlers? A See & Say ("the cow says...mooo") in Simlish?
    Oh, the cute overload...
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I doubt we'll get anything for toddlers in the bowling sp. Most bowling alleys don't have a toddler section. Their already considering a stuffpack for toddlers.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I doubt we'll get anything for toddlers in the bowling sp. Most bowling alleys don't have a toddler section. Their already considering a stuffpack for toddlers.
    They might fit in the odd haircut or clothing piece in there for toddlers. Probably only 1 CAS item, if any, cause stuff packs are usually pretty sparse overall. But considering how well-received toddlers have been, it would just be a wise marketing decision to squeeze something in there that's toddler-related. I don't see it being a gameplay object though. Not unless they blow away the precedent set by prior SPs and stuff it to the brim. Which is possible, considering how this year has gone so far, but I'm keeping my expectations on the level.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    If they add any new hair or clothes for kids, I wouldn't be surprised if they added one new hair and a new top (a polo, perhaps, with bowling logos) for toddlers. No, bowling is not a toddler activity, but the toddlers are popular.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A ball pit for toddlers would be fun. It could go inside or outside in the park.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2017
    I hope we get a consession stand type system similar to how we order food from Cafes and food stalls. Foods: nachos, popcorn, french fries, burgers, hot dogs, hot wings, soft drink machine, pizza, chips, candy, ice cream, pretzel, chicken nuggets, etc. It would be even better if we could select the foods to serve at the consession stands.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope we get a consession stand type system similar to how we order food from Cafes and food stalls. Foods: nachos, popcorn, french fries, burgers, hot dogs, hot wings, soft drink machine, pizza, chips, candy, ice cream, pretzel, chicken nuggets, etc. It would be even better if we could select the foods to serve at the consession stands.

As long as we can buy food for other sims but I think I remember Graham saying their wouldn't be any new recipes for a while.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm honestly not interested in bowling so I hope this pack comes with a lot more things like great hairstyles, clothing, and furniture. I don't want to pay $10 for just a bowling venue.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I do hope they add some comical animations into the pack like "granny bowl" or sim forgetting to let go of the ball sending them down the lane.

Sims2 bowling alley had those kinds of things, and lively animations depending on the results of the throw. I'm not a bowler, so didn't go to the two places they had much, but do remember they had more than the alleys themselves. On one occasion I totally forgot about my sims, too busy watching old lady Crumplebottom bowl a perfect 300!

Must admit to not being terribly excited about this one, especially since can think of more interesting things from other Sims versions that have yet to see the light of day again.

• pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    A ball pit for toddlers would be fun. It could go inside or outside in the park.

This is such a cute idea! :smiley:

But I can't see them adding any gameplay objects for toddlers in the bowling pack. I'd gladly take some clothes or hair though.
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    It would be nice to have something in the pack for toddlers, would be nice if we got a ball pit. I'm not expecting much for kids or toddlers.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I just updated the thread, more ideas have been added to the list by previous quotes. Also...
    One Day To Release!!
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif