Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is it like to be a former Simmer?

When i mean former Simmer i mean a Ex Simmer somebody who doesn't play Sims games anymore like for a very long time,I have been a former Simmer before,But i lost count how many times I was a former Simmer,I nearly became a former Simmer for good at one time,How many people out there are former Simmers who haven't played Sims games for a long time.

Comments

• Options
    HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    Longest I have ever went without playing sims was a couple of months before getting a new laptop. I don't think I could ever give up sims for good.
    2dihvli.png
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I played TS1 & TS2. Completely missed out on TS3. Played Sims Freeplay. I'm now playing TS4.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Former simmers probably aren't hanging around on this forum. It makes it irresistible to play again when you hang out here, so you'd be an ex-former simmer. :lol:
  • Options
    wapakkwapakk Posts: 12 New Member
    It's weird playing sims after a long break, but once you dive in you wonder why you quit in the first place. Then after playing for months and trying all the challenges (self made or forums based) you get bored of the same old Sunset Valley or your computer breaks down. So you take a long break, then play again rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I didn't play for nearly 2 years due to life getting in the way. I did, however, think of my sims often and kept in touch with my simmer friends on Facebook and would get my fix from seeing their posts there. I have been playing since November of last year and it was like I never left! I play hours on end and totally enjoy myself :D
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There was one time I went a whole year without playing. It was not because I didn't want to, it was because my computer died and I couldn't afford to replace it.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I hope to never know.... :o
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Me neither; answer to the question: I have no idea ;) I remember what it was like to be a future simmer and in retrospect: something was missing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    roman2886 wrote: »
    When i mean former Simmer i mean a Ex Simmer somebody who doesn't play Sims games anymore like for a very long time,I have been a former Simmer before,But i lost count how many times I was a former Simmer,I nearly became a former Simmer for good at one time,How many people out there are former Simmers who haven't played Sims games for a long time.

I'm an ex-Marine. The thing is I'm not alloweed to call myself that.
    Once a Marine always a Marine. is one of the Marine Corp's many mottos.

Same thing applies to alcoholics and Simmers. :p
    Post edited by Uzone27 on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Deshong04 If I could awesome your post ten times, I would.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I wouldn't know :p
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    My time without The Sims gets... crazy.
    When my computer broke down on one day, I took a chess board and started playing The Sims with that.
    In the other words, I can't live without this game.
  • Options
    MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    I never played sims 1, but I just started playing sims 2 like two years ago. My first game was the sims 3. Been playing that forever and playing right now in fact. I have the sims 4 too, but I only play that when I am bored and don't feel like waiting on loading screens like in the sims 3.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I think I stopped playing for a good year or 18+ months... I can't even remember. I ended up getting back into it when TS4 came out, and then I re-Dl'ed TS3 and ditched TS4 lol. I only started playing again maybe 16 months ago or so. Life was just busy and my old computer wasn't exactly able to handle the game as well as I would have liked.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    As an ex-simmer, every thing below I feel is the most honest response I can give.

As of now, what I posted above is complete bravo sierra and is completely dishonest.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I haven't loaded the game since yesterday but even then I am downloading stuff for TS3 and installing some packs to the PC I am using at the moment.

I think the longest I went was in 2007. Maybe around 6 months or so and even though I did miss the game, things where holding me back.

At one point in 2007 I finally had the time, and the freedom and peace of mind to load up TS2 and it was a very welcome return :smile:

Since then I have been playing on and off ever since. I go through phases where the game keeps me busy to other times when I might just get a few pictures to share without doing anything else. I have never gotten bored of The Sims but it would be nice to have something to looking forward to again as I am not interested in TS2. For TS3 though it is business as usual and I still have a few plans and things to do with the game :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I started playing when Sims 2 first came out. Got all the EPs and pretty much all the guides and everything. Then life interfered around 2009 or so and my old clunky computer died and I just stopped, cold turkey. I gave all of my games to my oldest daughter and didn't even think about it until the end of 2015. In January of 2016, I bought Sims 3 mostly for my youngest daughter and haven't looked back since. I thought I couldn't love any game more than Sims 2, but Sims 3 is just in a class all it's own. The open world, sandbox type of play style, no rules, no bosses to kill, nothing but your own imagination, unlimited ways to play, there really is no other game like it. I can't believe how long I went without playing, can't imagine now not playing.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I stopped playing TS3 once when my computer broke down and went to playing TS2 on my old laptop while the other one was in the repair shop getting the fan replaced.I've sometimes taken breaks when I got too sick to play and would just build or work on CAW.I have also switched to playing TS2 instead for a few weeks sometimes in the summer.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    The only way I could possibly ever become an ex-simmer is if The Sims 3 stops working and they still haven't released a proper sequel for it. Here's hoping for Sims 5 :dizzy:
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I have avoided this site for months now because I can't play my game and I miss it very much.

I went quite a while without being able to play the game a couple of years ago, but then life settled down a bit and season before last, I bought all the SP's and EP's that I needed to finish the Sims 3 collection (thankfully w/o Origins) and had the very best time re-discovering my old friends. <3

Then I decided my computer was a little long in the tooth and I started having things replaced/updated. All went fairly well until the 'guy' replaced my motherboard and hard drive, along with a battery back-up. Well, as soon the game started loading, the battery back-up started squealing. So I had the 'guy' bring me a new battery back-up. No dice. It squeals just as loudly. I have to hit the reset button (on the battery back-up) which shuts down the game as well as the computer, of course. :(

Maybe I should type 'battery back-up' one more time... :)

I am so tired of reading about politics right now and would love it like Christmas if I could play my Sims 3 again.

So basically, that convoluted tale is why I am an unhappy ex-simmer.

I should have logged on earlier; I might have made more sense. :|

Good night all. :)
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    PS: Just a note: I absolutely love this game! I am able to escape to a simpler time and pretend that these Sim 3 characters are truly alive! I know, pathetic.

Tomorrow is another day. :) My new 'guy' promises to come back after he takes the family on a trip for two weeks of Spring Break. He did give me a cute router thing that looks so 2017. :)

I see hope in my future! B)
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited March 2017
    I went through a two year period in which I lost interest in the game.

What's it like? Well, I've been living in reality a lot more, for better or worse, my happiness isn't as dependent on computer crashes and whether or not the game will actually work. And, I've gotten interested in other games: Skyrim, Civilization, and Pokemon Go. I can definitely say I've been addicted to all these games. PokeGo is my current addiction and its doing wonders for my waistline and killing my depression, so, I'll probably stick with it for a while.

I've actually wanted to play the sims again, but in true sims' fashion my game started acting up right when I really wanted to play it. Somehow it just knows.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    PS: Just a note: I absolutely love this game! I am able to escape to a simpler time and pretend that these Sim 3 characters are truly alive! I know, pathetic.

Tomorrow is another day. :) My new 'guy' promises to come back after he takes the family on a trip for two weeks of Spring Break. He did give me a cute router thing that looks so 2017. :)

I see hope in my future! B)
    Maybe it's time to tell your "guy" thanks so much, have a nice trip, let them off the hook and take this computer to someone who knows what they are doing and will stand by their work a bit better?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net