Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else play with the premades mainly?

BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
Creating your own sims is tedious and takes too long. For some reason i am very strict about what kind of personality + life my sims will have if theyre a self creation.But i feel more free and playful with the premades.I think it's so much fun to play them and mix their lives all up :p

Comments

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've been playing with the premades a lot more now that I've started a rotation save, but I like to make my own sims too.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    If you mean preset families like the goths, pancakes etc never. I delete all of them. Makes me feel like im trapped like groundhog day every time i make a new save. I will however, edit all townies to make sure i dont see sims in ugly attire prancing around.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I just recently started a premade save and I'm honestly having SO much fun. I love pairing them up with each other, advancing them in their careers, ruining their marriages..... Lol. I'm surprised I haven't done this sooner, it's really keeping my interest and I have lots of ideas and storylines planned out :)
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2017
    The only time I will play with a premade is when my sim marries one of them. You are correct it is very time consuming in creating a sim from scratch. What I like to do is I will take one of my sims that I made in the past, and pair them up with one of the premades (I've saved them all in my library), and come up with the children, and play those. Usually by doing it that way there is very little I have to do in forming their faces, I guess that's why my most of my sims look very similar to each other because they are the children, grandchildren and so on of some of my original sims.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I don't play with premades predominantly, but I do usually have at least one sim in each save married to a premade and they're always good friends with a few. I like them quite a lot, even though some of them have questionable genetics. :# I'm really picky when it comes to creating sims, so I can see where you're coming from when you say it's time consuming. I'm easily frustrated if I get one feature wrong and I can spend literally hours in CAS tweaking them until I'm satisfied. I find that it's easier to create a sim if you have an idea of their personality and backstory in mind and let your imagination piece them together. That may be why you enjoy playing premades more because some do have a bit of a backstory already planned out for them by Maxis. But yeah, I do love the premades. I love the Villareals. I have some crazy long theories about them and I love having my spunky, honor-roll student sim marry the bad-boy Max. I also adore Candy Behr, but who doesn't? One of these days, I'll have to try playing the Goths. Bella's one of my favorite premades. Maybe I could even go break up the Landgraabs since Nancy's always gotten on my nerves. :lol: Oh dear, now I have some really devious ideas popping into my head about the havoc I could wreak on them... >:)
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    If you mean preset families like the goths, pancakes etc never. I delete all of them. Makes me feel like im trapped like groundhog day every time i make a new save. I will however, edit all townies to make sure i dont see sims in ugly attire prancing around.

:lol: i've had that feeling before, especially if I use the town frequently. Back to the subject, I think I really enjoy either creating my simself or a unique family to interact with the memorable neighbors. However there have been a few premades in TS2 that I just had to play. The Broke family (my fave family), the Pleasant family, Dreamer family, etc. Their stories really compelled me to play with them. I haven't truly felt the same yet for a premade in TS4 like that. However though I always found premades awesome to marry into though, due to their lineage. <3

Fun fact though, I do have the Broke Family in my game thanks to a sim creator in the gallery <3. And technically I do play with them as they'll be apart of my main family's...well family :lol:.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The only time I will play with a premade is when my sim marries one of them.

This.

I love creating sims and building houses way too much to just skip it and play with what's already there, I also have a hard time connecting to premade sims the way I do to my own, simply because I don't know them or what the intention behind their creation was. I've played TS1, 2 and 4, but never had much to do with any premade sims unless some of my own needed friends or lovers.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Don Lothario is usually the only premade I'll play because I usually marry him to one of my sims, but generally, no I won't play them. I even, in most saves have it so only my household ages, I like to see them around town forever unchanged. Reminds me of the original sims where they never age.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm systematically playing all the premades as toddlers in one of my saves. But I also play a few other sims either one I've made or some from the gallery, as parents or friends of the parents, or just neighbours, in the same save.
    in my other save I have the premades as normal, and I do like playing them with a peppering of my own sims.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I love creating new sims, and I don't think I've ever played with a premade family. But then I've had my sims marry premades and added them to the family.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I do rotational play. I normally play with legacy family but I ensure that certain families in the town are moving on by using the household manager tool
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Curls4LifeCurls4Life Posts: 70 Member
    I play with premades a lot, especially since I like to do rotational play. I have plenty of CAS families too; I enjoy a happy medium between the two.
  • TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    I'm playing with the premades now :).. I started playing as the BFF house and now Travis & Liberty just moved out after getting married and Summer Holiday is living with J Huntington and they are having a baby which he is happy about most of the time lol. I find it more challenging with the premades as I cant choose there traits.

Here's Liberty and Travis on their wedding day :)
    03-01-17_1-52-28nbspPM_zpsiknhq5tm.png
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2017
    Are we talking about the Sims made by Maxis that come with the game?

If yes, I've done it a few times. I figured that they are already there so I might as well use them.

If we are talking about Sims from the Gallery or CC Sims from different sites. I used to use the ones from the Gallery until I was getting too much stalling in my game. With the cc ones they seem to go wonky everytime there is an update, so I avoid them.

I like creating them. I just have to be careful and not make them too much alike.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    I just recently started a premade save and I'm honestly having SO much fun. I love pairing them up with each other, advancing them in their careers, ruining their marriages..... Lol. I'm surprised I haven't done this sooner, it's really keeping my interest and I have lots of ideas and storylines planned out :)

agreed :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Been playing since Sims 1, never have I ever touched a premade sim lol Not for me. I like my sims.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think the only premades I ever played were Bob and Betty Newby for the tutorial. After that it was always my own sims every series straight through to current.

I don't know why, I guess I really thought I was supposed to make my own and that the premades were just there for mine to talk to, lol.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I play with ageing on so the premades in my game are all dead!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I play all of the premades to date and then maybe, 2 original families.
    My own sims tend to have the same tastes, opinions, lifestyle, goals in life. Premades let play a wider range of sims, and I love all of them, even the ones really far removed from my preferences.
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Yes definitely! I literally only play the premades! It takes too much time away from gameplay to create a family and all that other stuff! I have generations of families from premades! I also hate decorating and building houses because again it takes away from me creating these drama twisted sims stories! Arghhh this makes me wanna play right now!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    This. I play my own Sims, and then I seduce and lure away from spouse/family-I mean, interact with my old favorites. It's comforting to know that they're around.
    And now with Vampires I can make all my favorites immortal, so they can always mess with each other's lives.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    JSimmy wrote: »
    Yes definitely! I literally only play the premades! It takes too much time away from gameplay to create a family and all that other stuff! I have generations of families from premades! I also hate decorating and building houses because again it takes away from me creating these drama twisted sims stories! Arghhh this makes me wanna play right now!

cool! :) i especially get tired of creating sims. I have probably created 1000 sims over the years and they all end up deleted anyway. I feel more free to be wackier with premades.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Wolfgang Munch! :heart:After I give him a face lift of course…
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    JSimmy wrote: »

cool! :) i especially get tired of creating sims. I have probably created 1000 sims over the years and they all end up deleted anyway. I feel more free to be wackier with premades.

Yup! I look at families and already know what I'm gonna do to their lives haha! Especially the Pancakes man they were too good to be true!

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No I don't like premades at all.

But I love making my own characters.
    But I never create without conceiving the idea of my sim first.

I feel more free creating my own sims, and feel restricted to playing premades by someone else's story.

That's another reason why I don't upload to the Gallery I don't want someone taking my sims and compromising who they are.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif