Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims look yellow?

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
Since day one I thought the lighting in the game wasn't very good. I had to install a lighting mod and I think I uninstalled it , but that means I really need to put lamps everywhere so the room won't look so dark, during the day time. Anyway, by doing that the room looks better but my sims look yellow and almost glow, it's very annoying and ruins pictures. Is this because of the mod or because of the lamps in general?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited February 2017
    Some lights have a natural yellowish tint. You can just set it to neutral (white light) by right-clicking on the light. Or you can reduce the intensity of the light.

Maybe that would help.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Nope.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Some lights have a natural yellowish tint. You can just set it to neutral (white light) by right-clicking on the light. Or you can reduce the intensity of the light.

Maybe that would help.

Oooh ok I've tried changing the color, it kinda does the same, my sims look like they glow. I will change the settings of the intensity :) thank you!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't think the lights are very good, I put lots of windows in my houses, and in my apartments I put windows inside as well. But I don't have yellow sims.
    I don't think the lights are very good, I put lots of windows in my houses, and in my apartments I put windows inside as well. But I don't have yellow sims.

I try with the windows, but I don't like to put so many cause then 80% of my house is windows :/ I mean I try with the big ones and those help for smaller rooms, which is what I'm trying to do more often. I hate huge spaces and there's not enough to fill them in.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    This was a small room without a window on the outside in a small apartment, this huge window brought loads of natural light in
    02-03-17_2-04-34PM_zps3ldb8ho8.png
    This was a small room without a window on the outside in a small apartment, this huge window brought loads of natural light in
    02-03-17_2-04-34PM_zps3ldb8ho8.png

Oooh you are right, I forgot some windows automatically bring natural light in.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    My sims don't look yellow but I do find that it's way too dark inside my houses. I have to place those really bright lights from buydebug most of the time :D
    My sims don't look yellow but I do find that it's way too dark inside my houses. I have to place those really bright lights from buydebug most of the time :D

Yeah that's why I had to get a lighting mod
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Some of the skins look yellow, and some lights are really yellow too. I use the ceiling saucer because it's nice and white.
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Which mod do you use? I should probably try a lighting mod, the indoor lighting really is annoying me.

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited February 2017
    Since day one I thought the lighting in the game wasn't very good. I had to install a lighting mod and I think I uninstalled it , but that means I really need to put lamps everywhere so the room won't look so dark, during the day time. Anyway, by doing that the room looks better but my sims look yellow and almost glow, it's very annoying and ruins pictures. Is this because of the mod or because of the lamps in general?

Yes. Ugh, I dislike this so much. It messes with my pictures, but I've noticed it's gotten a bit better since that new lighting patch which made the natural light in look gorgeous.

It's the lamps themselves because I didn't have mods before

There is an amazing mod called no blue mod or something like that helps with the lighting also. Maybe it's called no blue tint.

I think also using the hidden square lights help too in that hidden buy mode thingy or something but I always forget to use them because I believe they're free and I feel it's cheating since you wouldn't pay for lights.. But that's just me.

Just in case you're interested.

No glow / no blue
    http://luumiasims.com/post/142481228754/there-has-always-been-something-off-about-lighting.

Also what lighting mod do you use because I need to look into them. :)
  • brntwafflesbrntwaffles Posts: 130 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sims are separate from the lighting which is strange to me, it's really obvious when they are standing in the window light and there is no shadow on them haha.

So make sure to grab the no glow with the no blue indoor lighting mod. It's the mod to change the lighting on the sims themselves.

EDIT: Forgot to add you guys should definitely look into sweetFX, I turn mine on and off in game all the time, most of time lighting is fine but sometimes it is just too dark!

Which mod do you use? I should probably try a lighting mod, the indoor lighting really is annoying me.

@brntwaffles ha a great lighting mod :)
    Sims are separate from the lighting which is strange to me, it's really obvious when they are standing in the window light and there is no shadow on them haha.

So make sure to grab the no glow with the no blue indoor lighting mod. It's the mod to change the lighting on the sims themselves.

EDIT: Forgot to add you guys should definitely look into sweetFX, I turn mine on and off in game all the time, most of time lighting is fine but sometimes it is just too dark!

@typicalgemini brntwaffles just posted the name of her lighting mod, the one I quoted :)
    21mbz47.jpg

Yes. Ugh, I dislike this so much. It messes with my pictures, but I've noticed it's gotten a bit better since that new lighting patch which made the natural light in look gorgeous.

It's the lamps themselves because I didn't have mods before

There is an amazing mod called no blue mod or something like that helps with the lighting also. Maybe it's called no blue tint.

I think also using the hidden square lights help too in that hidden buy mode thingy or something but I always forget to use them because I believe they're free and I feel it's cheating since you wouldn't pay for lights.. But that's just me.

Just in case you're interested.

No glow / no blue
    http://luumiasims.com/post/142481228754/there-has-always-been-something-off-about-lighting.

Also what lighting mod do you use because I need to look into them. :)

Thank you :) I also saw some improvement with that patch, but sometimes I still feel like it's too dark, and sometimes it's hard to have a lot of windows without making the house look horrible.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • brntwafflesbrntwaffles Posts: 130 Member
    Also not to do with lighting but a lot of the skintones seem to lean towards a yellow color, you may actually want to look into less saturated looking skin colors like these

http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-other-side-new-skin-colors-by.html?m=1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    OP, could you maybe show a screenshot of what you mean by your sim's glowing? I don't have this issue but I think it may happen if you put too many lights in the house and have post processing effects on.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited March 2017
    Also not to do with lighting but a lot of the skintones seem to lean towards a yellow color, you may actually want to look into less saturated looking skin colors like these

http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-other-side-new-skin-colors-by.html?m=1

I'll look at them :) thanks!!!

DeKay wrote: »
    OP, could you maybe show a screenshot of what you mean by your sim's glowing? I don't have this issue but I think it may happen if you put too many lights in the house and have post processing effects on.

I wish I could, but I'm not really playing anymore till I get a new computer, mine is over heating a lot :/ but it does happen in rooms with a good lamp or more than one lamp
    21mbz47.jpg
    @Orchid13 @brntwaffles Thanks guys, I'll check it out!
    @Orchid13 @brntwaffles Thanks guys, I'll check it out!

You are welcome :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Change the lighting color and dim it.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I find most lights are very white and it makes the room glow and look weird. The best lights I found were the round ribbed ball lights. Only needed one on the ceiling in every room and it did light it up to a more natural colour.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

emmaning wrote: »
    Change the lighting color and dim it.

I did try that, but even if I dim it a little bit it makes a huge difference
    simlish1 wrote: »
    I find most lights are very white and it makes the room glow and look weird. The best lights I found were the round ribbed ball lights. Only needed one on the ceiling in every room and it did light it up to a more natural colour.

Mmm I have so many lamps idk which ones are those :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited May 2017
    I took a few comarison shots under different lighting conditions. All of them are during the daytime.

This one is (obviously) just windows (natural light) and no lamps (artificial light):
    Dark_zps7cksq9oz.png
    This one has a single ceiling lamp for the whole space (the small, round, flat one that produces the neutral white light):
    Bright_zpssknawfai.png
    Personally, I'm okay with the brightness of the second picture, with the single ceiling light.

Those who want it even brighter than that, tend to put a lot of ceiling lamps in a single space/room. While that obviously makes the room brighter, it doesn't really look good, all those lamps clustered together, ruining your view of the house's interior.

There is, however, another approach that achieves a similar effect. I don't know who of you guys, if any, have ever thought about this before, but apparantly not many have, as evidenced by the amount of builders still spamming their rooms with a dozen or so lamps. Those who have thought about this, I applaud you. Those who haven't, here's a neat trick for you to consider.

Turn on the MOO cheat, and place multiple copies of the same lamp on top of each other.

In this picture, I placed 2 of those saucer lamps over each other, which is a vast improvement already:
    Brighter_zpsegrciloh.png
    In this picture, there are 3, brightening the space even further:
    Brightest_zpswecfalmt.png

The more lamps you put on top one another, the brighter the room gets. There is, however, a limit to this, a turning point; from a certain number of lamps onward, the room starts to get darker and darker and darker again, the light beginning to collapse in on itself. You don't need to worry about reaching this threshold, though; it's pretty high.

(Don't mind the bathroom in the pics; I didn't bother to put any lighting in there.)
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm not seeing my Sims with yellow tones, although they do glow heavily in pictures. As others have mentioned, try reducing the light on your lamps and see if that helps with your issue.