Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why We Need A Create A Style Tool

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    CASt or at the very least a simple color wheel, would make my day for TS4 <3. When it comes to decorating (one of my favorite things to do) I miss the options without a boat load of cc. I mean ofcourse I had CC in TS3, but they were mostly furniture meshes and hair. In TS4 I i pretty much have thousands of files of different patterns/recolors of the same bed or hair. Or a unique hair color mod files(strawberry blonde for example) for every hair in the basegame, expansions, stuffpack/etc.

However when doing this, I knew I also had to wait for the creator to update the hairs for it, and also other cc would most likely not have the strawberry blonde that I was using for the others.

So like anything, it had it's ups and downs, but then I'd sometimes find myself switching back and fourth between TS3 and TS4, and I couldn't help but feel like "If I could have just one semi-advanced pattern style or heck just a color wheel, I'd able to cut back on thousands of cc files in TS4."

So I'd defiantly be for a color wheel or a a semi-castyle if it's possible.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    More colours would be nice
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    CASt or at the very least a simple color wheel, would make my day for TS4 <3. When it comes to decorating (one of my favorite things to do) I miss the options without a boat load of cc. I mean ofcourse I had CC in TS3, but they were mostly furniture meshes and hair. In TS4 I i pretty much have thousands of files of different patterns/recolors of the same bed or hair. Or a unique hair color mod files(strawberry blonde for example) for every hair in the basegame, expansions, stuffpack/etc.

However when doing this, I knew I also had to wait for the creator to update the hairs for it, and also other cc would most likely not have the strawberry blonde that I was using for the others.

So like anything, it had it's ups and downs, but then I'd sometimes find myself switching back and fourth between TS3 and TS4, and I couldn't help but feel like "If I could have just one semi-advanced pattern style or heck just a color wheel, I'd able to cut back on thousands of cc files in TS4."

So I'd defiantly be for a color wheel or a a semi-castyle if it's possible.

This is my situation just to get basic hair colors in TS4, and even then they aren't perfectly what I wanted.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    A color wheel would be awesome. I find myself shuddering :s at some of the color choices the game gives.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think CASt would be a welcome addition to TS4, but I must admit that as a builder, I spend loads and loads of time decorating. I'm very indecisive anyway and CASt just has an abundance of options, so I'm playing around with different patterns, textures, colors for ages. I keep changing things until I'm completely happy, but I feel it is worth it. :mrgreen:

Just some examples:

Screenshot-99_zpssqgbakfp.jpg

Screenshot-52_zpshk1yzzkl.jpg

Screenshot-33_zpsrc5munis.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpssmskm6i5.jpg

Screenshot-1192_zpstuyiumyh.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    @aricarai Time well spent by the looks of it, beautiful! I see you choosing completely different colours and patterns there than I do, which is one of the things I love about CASt (and I hope you will excuse me for borrowing some of those ideas :p ).
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thank you - Borrow away @JoAnne65. I've recently started using the themed section which I used to steer well clear of but if you make some the channels the same colors, you can get some really unique patterns! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Honestly, I'd prefer it if they just made an official add-on for the game that works just like Body Shop/Home Crafter for TS2 (just with added options for furniture, lights, and decor). That would suit me just fine.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    It was a cool tool which I used a lot, but I'm not here for the lag so we can do without it
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    Trimoth wrote: »
    It was a cool tool which I used a lot, but I'm not here for the lag so we can do without it
    CASt does not cause lag. CC does.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @aricarai Great pictures :smiley: I recognise everything in those puctures but your edits have made them look even more real :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Doesn't cause lag if you have gaming PC (or just any that meets reccomended requirements) and wait a few seconds to let it load on each screen. An SSD hard drive can help alleviate this hidden load time (it has lots to load- more items than TS4 and CASt) but I find myself just find and lag-free on a HDD hard drive with a gaming PC still.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    emmaning wrote: »

Doesn't cause lag if you have gaming PC (or just any that meets reccomended requirements) and wait a few seconds to let it load on each screen. An SSD hard drive can help alleviate this hidden load time (it has lots to load- more items than TS4 and CASt) but I find myself just find and lag-free on a HDD hard drive with a gaming PC still.
    Doesn't cause lag on a toaster either. CASt does not affect performance when playing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Doesn't cause lag on a toaster either. CASt does not affect performance when playing.

I agree that it doesn't affect gameplay or cause actual lag :)
    (it is lag-free for me)
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The only real issue I had with CASt was that it was extremely heavy.

Towards the end of my time with TS3 I was not only downloading quite a few patterns I was making quite a few in CAP.
    My biggest mistake..(a mistake I regret to this day)..is that I didn't put all of my creations into one category (favorites)

Instead I spread them out over several categories based on pattern type.
    This meant that it had to reload all of the patterns every time I wanted to simply look at a different category and boy did it ever do this s l o w l y. It became extremely time consuming and cumbersome toward the end there.

That's the only part I don't miss about CASt.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A few more examples of CASt from me :smile:

Rooms with matching colours

15253421_1849959671953383_4149245681393858584_n.jpg?oh=741cfa89113fdce630c86930b2c33550&oe=5936361C

15326620_1849342282015122_6034414585058551373_n.jpg?oh=dcaf2447d920383781e86aa353ae1309&oe=59288AAD

Jennifer's new clothes

16996290_1892450231037660_2289015826142102021_n.jpg?oh=3a2b7b29e8c2963a40c8b686477f382b&oe=596B49F6

17098540_1892451707704179_6209708285530722893_n.jpg?oh=36c586786a1093e64599026122ab6ef2&oe=592CCF73

Janie's purple dress

15032256_1836232036659480_2685679642836487353_n.jpg?oh=147d80f449a1dc4134363fb98e79296d&oe=596BB733

Gorgeous Carla

16830855_1889119158037434_7940787631622482761_n.jpg?oh=316e88c1f1a292817f47e5a9a4e3369c&oe=592DDE26

16864229_1889119188037431_2086166053070384224_n.jpg?oh=77cc4f4347dfaab0a9c8833a2c150259&oe=59389487

Roaring Heights which has some very heavy use of CASt in the décor

15193651_1842845339331483_1402887470180674884_n.jpg?oh=92307b553b79d78db1b550ea015c9bfa&oe=593AC20B

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @aricarai Great pictures :smiley: I recognise everything in those puctures but your edits have made them look even more real :smiley:

Thank you @king_of_simcity7 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I would like at least a color wheel, or a CAST as an external program (like the one in TH2). An easy program and we will add the recolor as CC (i've tried with Sims 4 Studio, really, way to much complicated)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'm playing this app game at the moment, Tiny Tower. Goal is to create floor after floor with apartments and shops. And you can decorate those, look.

latest?cb=20160630145346

My app game is more advanced than my Sims 4 game in this department :angry:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    I mean, they could atleast make some colors match. you gotta wonder if the designers even talk to each other when n o t h i n g matches lol

This a million times. I get so aggravated when I find a top I like and then no skirt matches the color. It is very aggravating!!!!!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    I'm playing this app game at the moment, Tiny Tower. Goal is to create floor after floor with apartments and shops. And you can decorate those, look.

latest?cb=20160630145346

I love that color wheel :)
    The one reason I'd say it's not quite there is that it has lots of colors, but many of them are vibrant and none of them look muted. There's lots of light and dark, which I love, but not much variation in saturation.

But that would be a luxury compared to what we have now. At least we could have pale peach shoes with dark grey/gray soles and red flowers.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, I'd prefer it if they just made an official add-on for the game that works just like Body Shop/Home Crafter for TS2 (just with added options for furniture, lights, and decor). That would suit me just fine.

Now I could settle for something like this as long as it's user-friendly and step by step of how to add/make custom recolors and put them into the game. That way it can be the best it can be, without no one worrying of how it'll affect their game.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options

latest?cb=20160630145346

I love that color wheel :)
    The one reason I'd say it's not quite there is that it has lots of colors, but many of them are vibrant and none of them look muted. There's lots of light and dark, which I love, but not much variation in saturation.

But that would be a luxury compared to what we have now. At least we could have pale peach shoes with dark grey/gray soles and red flowers.
    Sure, and on top of that you only have to pick three surfaces, it's far from Sims 3 :D But for an app game... Why didn't they add something like this - with more subtle colours of course - to Sims 4...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    CASt was a nightmare to me. The more packs installed, the worse it became to load patterns, so much that in the end I'd just select preset clothing/walls/etc. When playing in large decorated houses I always had to wait until the lot finally stopped being grey and everything loaded properly.

I do wish for a color wheel for hair and eyes or at least some more preset colors to choose from. I really hate the way hair is done in ts4. I don't want to download a thousand files to add colors to existing hair (creators quit/everyone has a different palette/it's never done in a way to allow it passed down with genetics/inconsistent quality compared to the game).

Don't blame hardware, I had more than enough to run ts3, don't blame cc, I had about 400mb of it all carefully selected. I mean just install the very last ts3 update, literally telling you "hey you should only play with 3 packs at the same time otherwise you'll lag" what no you sold these to me and now you're saying that? Ahah good one.

I did love ts3 for all its running time, but you guys need to stop looking at it through nostalgia glasses and start to admit the issues it had.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    CASt was a nightmare to me. The more packs installed, the worse it became to load patterns, so much that in the end I'd just select preset clothing/walls/etc. When playing in large decorated houses I always had to wait until the lot finally stopped being grey and everything loaded properly.

I do wish for a color wheel for hair and eyes or at least some more preset colors to choose from. I really hate the way hair is done in ts4. I don't want to download a thousand files to add colors to existing hair (creators quit/everyone has a different palette/it's never done in a way to allow it passed down with genetics/inconsistent quality compared to the game).

Don't blame hardware, I had more than enough to run ts3, don't blame cc, I had about 400mb of it all carefully selected. I mean just install the very last ts3 update, literally telling you "hey you should only play with 3 packs at the same time otherwise you'll lag" what no you sold these to me and now you're saying that? Ahah good one.

I did love ts3 for all its running time, but you guys need to stop looking at it through nostalgia glasses and start to admit the issues it had.
    Nostalgia glasses? I'm playing the game right now. Why don't people start to admit not everyone has the issues they had? And if your hardware wasn't the cause or CC, what was? Is my game under some kind of a magic spell? I didn't install the last Sims 3 update and guess what, I play with all EP's (11), all SP's (9), 7GB Store content and 111 MB mods. And there is not one little surface in my houses or sim clothing that didn't go through CASt (the game doesn't care whether it has to load premade patterns of selfmade ones anyway).
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top