Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    Thank you @charlotteprice and @Nomiko13 for the gifts! :)

I've updated my top 5.

You're very welcome! :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Jahnna you were gone? Is everything good? : )

YEY YOU GOT AN AD FOR THE FIRST TIME? Ooh that gives me hope then. Sad it didn't work though hahahah. The only ads I'm getting are here on the forums! (Just noticed that if you go here via mobile, there'll be ads)

Aw I'm glad it gives you the nostalgia,
    (Well not necessarily since it can be a bad feeling)
    Anything Sims 2 related does to me too..

Do you have any screenshots of those from back in the day?
    23rif7.gif
    OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU @scillakees for Midnight Hollow gold!

Also, thanks for the Pigtails and Plastic! (An additional thanks to @Jude525 for trying to gift me this yesterday but it unfortunately didn't go through on my end).

Top 5 updated here!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Oh my goth, my wishlist was gone! I had few ads today so I treated myself with buying the rest of the two sets that were on the wish list. The rest of the list was taken care by certain lovely individual who is rumored to be a ninja. Thank you very very much @charlotteprice for the set!

Top 5 updated. I'm not done with daily deals yet, it's now time for pushin' pedals. I'm missing about 26 sets and most of the individual items, some of the sets are on DD and others are not.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    Thank you @debbycanty for the ceiling light :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @charlotteprice Just found your gift. Thank you, and I've updated my Top 5.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are very welcome @taratownie and @LissieBess Enjoy your gifts!
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Oh my god, after doing some research on Sims 3s lagginess and long loading/texture loading times I just realised that my "MemoryUsageLimit" was set to 2GB and not 4GB (I have 8GB RAM). No wonder that my game has been running like it was powered by a potato. :astonished:

Thank you for the info @Jahnna, I googled MemoryUsageLimit and changed Sims3.ini and that helped my loading times as well. I've always played Sims on laptop right from the The Sims 1. I have a sort of gaming laptop right now that meets the Sims 4 recommended system requirements (64-bit Win 8.1, Intel Core i7, Nvidia GTX850M, 8GB ram).

I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    @taratownie how are you enjoying Sims 4? I keep hearing mixed things about it
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Thank you, @charlotteprice! I am almost done all the individual items which will be nice. It means I will be getting great deals on MMAO on the worlds and venues. Ugh. They will be fun to save up for. Haha
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    I have a question about some sets... So... I know When Worlds Collide and The Final Frontier Set are both not CYS eligible. However, I own ALL the items and both the sets. It is still making me buy it though. Is that normal? Is there a way around it, or should I just save those sets for last and buy them after I own everything else?
    LissieBess wrote: »

Haven't been playing it for about a year, I've been more into Sims 3. There are number of things in it that I don't like very much but I've played it and even enjoyed myself.
    taratownie wrote: »

Haven't been playing it for about a year, I've been more into Sims 3. There are number of things in it that I don't like very much but I've played it and even enjoyed myself.

Details, please! I'm trying to decide if I am going to buy it myself.
    edited February 2017
    taratownie wrote: »

Details, please! I'm trying to decide if I am going to buy it myself.
    @LissieBess this'll be a long one but bear with me, please XD

Pros of Sims 4:
    • Exceptional loading that's fast
    • Downloads fast on Origin upon purchase/redeeming of codes
    • More complex emotions with sims - your mood affects the way you do interactions and activities. For example, if you cook while angry, you will slam the refrigerator door and angrily stir the food and will end up with a horrible quality meal. Same with painting or writing books. Being in a bad affects how you do these things. In additon, there's music that goes along when moods change, which I think is neat!
    • Bundles are MUCH CHEAPER than buying games singularly
    • Stuff Packs are 10 bucks cheaper than Sims 3's
    • Multitasking is phenomenal in this game - you can eat AND drink at the same time, you can use the toilet AND read or be on your cell phone, so on so forth
    • Runs exceptionally on a lot of systems
    • Toddlers are the BEST version in my opinion
    • Haven't played with Vamps yet but EVERY simmer I know says they're also the best vamps in the franchise.
    • A TON OF AWESOME MODS that are easy to download
    • If you don't pay bills, your utilities get shut off - literally! They shut my power down and I wasn't able to use the computer and the lights were out! (dunno if you'd count that as a positive but I think it's friggin' amazing!)
    • MORE CAS options! You can adjust the butt size, waist shape, leg/arm shapes
    • The pregnancy bumps look SO realistic and you can rock that bump in ANY clothing - not that ugly maternity specific wear. Also, you can take a pregnancy test on the toilet for 15 simoleons to find out if you're preggers and have the ability to "fail to conceive" and have a negative moodlet.
    • The opening theme is the best, in my opinion because it's so upbeat and puts me in a happy mood
    • I personally love the graphics on the Sims and I think they're the best (subjectively).
    • EDIT: Also, the gender options for teens+ and up sims is inclusive and cool! I made a trans woman sim one time with a masculine body shape. Pretty neat!
    Cons of Sims 4:
    • You have to play it through Origin - most simmers hate being bound to Origin, but I personally find it more of an convenience than inconvenience since if you ever break your laptop, your Sims 4 titles are on your Origin and all you have to do is redownload them onto your new laptop. Also, once you use a code, there's no reusing it for, let's say, a family member who's also a simmer. They'll have to use the Origin account with TS4 titles to play. It isn't like TS3 titles where you could use used codes. If there are multiple family simmers, that'll cost more money unless you're willing to give up simming time for them to play it on your Origin. Also, y'all can't play at the same time either. If your Origin is logged in to one PC and they try to login into yours on another PC, it'll log you out of yours on your PC.
    • Bugs in the game, but they are minimal and haven't caused my game to crash
    • No open world and loading screens whenever you visit a new location. There's also no going to the store and buying food (unless you download a mod). There's no cars either.
    • Babies are bound to the cribs - *cough cough* EA can y'all PLEASE free the babies or at least add other objects in a patch for us to move 'em around from item to item?
    • No color wheel, no create patterns for sims items
    • Shorter life spans compared to Sims 3 - Babies live up to 7 days, toddlers around 28 days, children around (I think) 60 days, teens 70, YA 80, Adult 80 and I dunno about elders.. but this is if it's set on long. I loved the epic life span on Sims 3 and always aimed to make my sims live for at least over 1,000 sim days.
    • Retail is horrible on Get to Work, compared to Sims 2: Open for Business (not my view but most simmers - haven't experienced OFB yet in TS2)
    • EDIT: As of now, you can't choose what packs to play with like you can with TS3. Once a pack is downloaded, it's downloaded, the additions are permanent in all of your saves. Some simmers who particularly don't want Vamps to reside in certain saves and just want the CAS/Build items particularly bring this limitation up. I personally understand the simmers who only mess around with realistic play, so I hope EA possibly makes it to where you can choose what packs to play with per save just for versatility.
    • You may start off hating it.... for a long time because these limitations are something you're just not going to accept right away, so getting more EPs/GPs/SPs adds more spice to the game because the base game alone gets boring.

I dunno if this is everything but I hope this helps your decision!
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi @LissieBess , you didn't ask me but let me tell you what I think of TS4. I love the game, it seems to have a different focus but I like it.
    While I am playing TS4 I miss the open world and history progression but I love the create a sim and that we can travel between the worlds.
    It seems that there is something in the TS4 sims that make me love this game a lot, they are really amazing.
    I can't decide which one I prefer. To me it worth what is charged! :)
    Post edited by jotajeje on
    edited February 2017
    jotajeje wrote: »
    Hi @LissieBess , you didn't ask me but let me tell you what I think of TS4. I love the game, it seems to have a different focus but I like it.
    While I am playing TS4 I miss the open world and history progression but I love the create a sim and that we can travel between the worlds.
    It seems that there is something in the TS4 sims that make me love this game a lot, they are really incredibly.
    I can't decide which one I prefer. To me it worth what is charged! :)

Is your sim avi a vamp? I'm aching to get Vampires, but waiting until a sale comes up for the pack, since I'm not able to buy bundle 4 (with me owning the two stuff packs already). Vamps is the only pack I don't own.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 Yes! I am loving this game pack so much, Vamp and Dine Out are my favorites! I hope you get it soon!
    Totally agree with what you said they are the best vamps! Mine is already a Grand Master full of powers.
    @jotajeje I love Dine Out too :) I used an Origin promo discount code to get it XD

That's amazing! How you done bat woohoo yet? :lol: I saw The Sims tweet post about bat woohoo recently.

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    edited February 2017
    @LissieBess
    I like the build mode a lot. While building, you can raise the whole house/partial room/individual room and move it where you want it. Roof is easier to me.
    CAS is GREAT. B.ut.t out, stomach in, breasts up. Tug and pull anything, LOL

Dine Out is great. My Sims eat out more than they eat at home.
    GTW is great. I love the Dr. Career (I only play that one). Science and Detective is fun to, but Dr. is my favorite!
    CL is beautiful. Festivals are fun and lots of food. Love the Flea Market too. Sell my collectibles and paintings there.
    GT is great for the whole family. Create just about any club you want. Meet up when you want also.
    Spa Day! Love taking Yoga classes, foot massages, hand massages....lots of things there
    All the stuff and game packs offer plenty of stuff to decorate your home with!
    Toddlers are awesome, they keep a smile on my face and crack me up <3

It is really up to you and how you play and look at it. It is totally different then the others. It took a while for it to grow on me. I still play other games, but I do like 4 a lot now.

Origin probably still has a free trial going on, you could try that!
    Thanks for all the thoughts, everyone. It does seem like it would be quite an adjustment, and I don't understand why toddlers are their own expansion instead of already included in the game. I'll look more into seeing if this will work on my laptop. Thanks again!
    Thanks for all the thoughts, everyone. It does seem like it would be quite an adjustment, and I don't understand why toddlers are their own expansion instead of already included in the game. I'll look more into seeing if this will work on my laptop. Thanks again!

Toddlers came in a patch, not expansion! Sorry if I was the one who confused you!

Toddlers came in a patch, not expansion! Sorry if I was the one who confused you!

Ah, that makes more sense, lol. Thanks for the clarification!
    Yikes, I had so many spelling and grammar errors in my pros and cons list of TS4. Please excuse it
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @LissieBess you can actually try the game and all the packs for yourself for a week by getting a free Origin Access trial membership. Other than that there are lots of youtubers who has created series of Let's Play videos about the game like The Sim Supply, Andrew Arcade, Life Simmer, Urban Sims, Deligracy, and The English Simmer to name a few. Maybe watching those can give you an idea what it is, too. It's different than The Sims 3 yes, building is easier and it's easier to find anything in build-buy mode. There's also a way to enlarge an object so you can have different size trees and rocks in your garden. I don't like the graphics much and the loading screens are not my favorites either. The multitasking is a nice feature but sometimes it takes way too long to get anything done when they are doing multiple things at the same time.
    @Nomiko13 This is something I still need to do, but coffin woohoo is quite amusing! :D

@LissieBess I have a MacBook too, mine is very basic but it works well with all packs.