Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ElleDaes wrote: »
    Also, changing the lot to a commercial lot to access community items helps too! Then you just change it back to a residential when you are done scouring for low to no cost commercial content.
    Awesome tip @ElleDaes, thanks <3<3<3

GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Zer0Doxy #186

NAME: aricarai

LINK TO LOT: Firestarter House

Screenshot-100_zpsachagf23.jpg

Screenshot-87_zpsud1efp14.jpg

LINK TO MEDIA: pictures•here

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yes, please

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15, placed lot (16 Dean Road) in Bridgeport, §16,486

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

Backstory:

Across the bridge stood the little firehouse that serviced the community. As the city grew and more residents moved in, City Hall called for a larger fire station to be built in the city centre. The little firehouse that had served the community for hundreds of years was soon forgotten about and left dilapidated under the bridge. Once the proud beckon of the city, the little firehouse became victim to squatters, vermin, and time. One day an investor came along, after having read in the newspaper: "Beautiful old brick period fire station available for conversion" and saw potential. The investor decided to restore the building to its former glory, keeping some of the historical firehouse pieces that were left behind (sadly, someone stole the fire pole). The little firehouse has now become a 2 bed, 1 bath cozy home with an office.

Lot Description:

A cozy 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom converted fire station with a high-tech office (with a green screen wall) complete with a fire escape. Decorated throughout with exposed brick, an industrial feel, and some decor from the old fire station, the upgraded kitchen sits at the back of the house opening up to the living room where you can sit in front of the fire with a good book. Off to the left of the main living area is the office, while upstairs is the main bedroom, guest bedroom, and bathroom at the end of the hall.

A perfect home for someone just starting out. All appliances have been upgraded and playtested.

Lot Details:
    - 2 bedrooms
    - 1 bathroom
    - Office with green screen (wall)
    - Fire escape
    - Fireplace

Expansion Plans & Notes:

Even though I built on a 20x15 lot, there's plenty of room for expansion and room to grow. The house can be extended in the back and a further level can be added on to where the office is. And as the house isn't on foundation, there is also potential for a basement.

As Zer0Doxy wanted a good kitchen and the office was where her job takes place, I focused the money on these areas, most everything else in the house is uber cheap and there isn't even a TV. Hopefully, the streaming will keep Zer0Doxy super busy where she won't need any other form of entertainment besides her computer. :mrgreen:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A - cc free
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    WOW @aricarai - what an amazing idea for your build!! Brilliant!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    WOW @aricarai - what an amazing idea for your build!! Brilliant!!!

Thank you @FaithofKaela! This one was so difficult! And after pulling my hair out and bulldozing lot after lot, I settled on this idea, which I fell in love with. :mrgreen: I was really surprised how much I was able to fit inside, but buydebug helped A LOT! I like the idea of conversion builds though...that could be an idea for a future brief! :mrgreen::wink:
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai
    The little firehouse has now become a 2 bed, 1 bath cozy home with an office.

What a brilliant idea!! Can't wait to see inside!
    @aricarai
    The little firehouse has now become a 2 bed, 1 bath cozy home with an office.

What a brilliant idea!! Can't wait to see inside!

Thank you @creativemetaphor! Pictures are up on my thread. I'll get the lot uploaded tomorrow after work :mrgreen:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @aricarai What a great idea and I love the look of the build against the Bridgeport skyline- Just great! Very good entry, I really like it.
    edited February 2017
    Thanks ya'll! Don't know if I'll be able to get this uploaded in time; Internet has dropped but I will try :mrgreen:

Edit: @BuildnShare - is this due tomorrow or the 1st?
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    @aricarai that is a stunning build. I love it! Keep us updated on when the download will be available.
    aricarai wrote: »
    Thanks ya'll! Don't know if I'll be able to get this uploaded in time; Internet has dropped but I will try :mrgreen:

Edit: @BuildnShare - is this due tomorrow or the 1st?
    @aricarai - it doesn't matter if you get the build uploaded hon, your entry form and media is all we need. But for future reference the deadline is always midnight on the last day of the month.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ElleDaes wrote: »
    @aricarai that is a stunning build. I love it! Keep us updated on when the download will be available.

Thank you :mrgreen: I've got it uploaded now!
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Zer0Doxy #186

NAME: ISHTARJMD

LINK TO MEDIA: https://ishtarjmd.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/bns-186-zer0doxy

LEVEL: Advanced

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yes

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, 4 Mithrilen Manor, $16,498

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 2 bedroom 1 bath 2 story house

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, but be gentle. I'm way out of practice

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: TSR
    Post edited by ISHTARJMD on
  • hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: BnS #186 Zero Doxy

NAME: hannahc1023

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded yet

LINK TO MEDIA: s61.photobucket.com/user/hannahc1023/slideshow/BnS%20Entries/186

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: yes!

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: $16,500; built on a placed lot in sunset valley

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A small modern 2 bed, 1 bath with an office.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    Post edited by hannahc1023 on
    Challenge #186 Zer0Doxy is now closed!

Good luck everyone :mrgreen:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: BnS #186 Zero Doxy

NAME: hannahc1023

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded yet

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s61.photobucket.com/user/hannahc1023/slideshow/BnS Entries/186

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: yes!

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: $16,500; built on a placed lot in sunset valley

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A small modern 2 bed, 1 bath with an office.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

I've fixed your media link @hannahc1023!! Great job, btw :)

edited March 2017
    Challenge #187 - The Second Sister - Journye

The Second Sister – Journye

Your phone beeps, startling you out of the creative trance you were in. It beeps again from somewhere within the clutter scattered over your drafting table. Frantically, you toss things around until you locate the offensive object. A notice flashes on the screen: Phone conference with Journye. You let out the annoyed sigh that only an interrupted artist can understand, before dialing the number.

A highly annoyed female voice greets you by name against the backdrop of a series of bangs and slams.

“Journye?” You ask, hesitantly.

“Yeah. Hows it going?” She says amiably, before grunting. There’s the sound of something breaking.

“I’m fine…Is this a bad time?”

“No. Its fine. We’re just setting up for a concert tonight. Sorry about the noise.”

“It sounds like you’re in a warzone.”

“Really? You’re doing this now?” comes the acerbic british voice of one of the other sisters, Sarah.

Journye says “If I don’t, Rosie will kill me.” Theres a sharp cry in the back ground, then a series of loud cracks. “🐸🐸🐸🐸. Can I call you back in 5?”

“Um…sure.”

Its closer to 15 before she calls you back again, sounding a little breathless. “Sorry. Ah, one of the stagehands hurt himself.” The noise has dropped considerably.

“Its not a problem. So what can I do for you Journye?”

“Well, I need a place. My wife and her business partner are coming into town. Lily’s gonna take over my old room at Gunk’s for a while. But Rosie and I need a place to live. It would be nice if I could have it close to Gunk’s, next door or across the street. Something that’s a short run or walk since we rehearse at her place. Need at least 2 rooms. Pretty. Rosie’s more girly than I am. Former cheerleader, fashion designer, nutritionist, likes pink… So, I need a place to hang out away from the girly stuff and she needs a place to work on her fashion stuff. I’m not exactly a homemaker, or whatever the word is, like her. Decent kitchen. Really nice master suite.” Journye sounds like shes at a bit of a loss. “Um, good security system, fenced back yard…”

Sympathetically, you say “She didn’t give you much direction did she?”

“No. I’d have dumped it on her if she wasn’t busy getting ready to move her and Lily’s store out here.” The tortured sound in Journye’s voice moves you to suggest something you normally wouldn’t.

“Would you like me to decide on the details for you? Then we can change things out if she doesn’t like it.”

“If I wasn’t already married, I’d marry you.” she says with relief clear in her voice. In the background someone calls out something. “Ive got to go. Thanks!”

“Wait! Whats my budget?”

“Oh. Um, 45?” Then the line goes dead.

Requirements:
    Budget 45k.
    2 or more bedrooms
    Nice master suite
    Get away room for Journye
    Work room for Rosie

Optional:
    Show Journye’s reaction to her new home.

Deadline: Friday, March 31st, 2017, Midnight CST

Note: You may remember meeting the Four Sisters of The Apocolypse in a previous challenge.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #187 - The Second Sister - Journye

NAME: your forum id

LINK TO LOT:

LINK TO MEDIA: your entry will be judged on your pictures

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here

LEVEL: beginner, intermediate, or advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: tell us about your build, include any details and rationale that might not be obvious from your pictures

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" if you'd like suggestions for improvement, "no" if you'd like only positive feedback

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Any style or lot size for the new challenge?
    aricarai wrote: »
    Any style or lot size for the new challenge?
    All left up to you this time around, as long as it meets the requirements, go for it!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great looking house @hannahc1023! I love it's shape and the textures.
    Thank you @ciane ! <3
    Oh and thank you for the compliment and fixing my link @FaithofKaela , much appreciated :)
    You're welcome @hannahc1023 <3
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @BuildnShare Does this challenge reference some previous challenge that it might be helpful to be familiar with?
    @creativemetaphor - it does yes, apologies, I will add the link to the previous challenge to the OP.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top