Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited about the proposed witch pack!!!

The witches GP in the 3rd survey on Simsvip is exactly what I want!! I hope players vote for this pack!

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    If it is real it does sound pretty good! I would love the ability to add warts etc in cas and to have more option for older sims (like if you want to make a hag witch whos really old and haggy).
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm excited too! If it's true, that is.
    Lets just wait and see.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the sound of all of them. If Fairies and Witches are done as well as Vampires, then yes, bring them on. I like the idea of a secret fairie world that only fairies can see. The one good thing about a closed world would be that witches won't ride brooms three feet off the ground in the street. I hope it's like bats, witchy jumps on a broom, does a couple of broom animations and whisks off into the air.

A winter vacation is a great idea since we have OS already (you could still swim in the ocean as a member of the Polar Bear Club). I loved all the winter stuff in the past, especially the half pipe. I hope they add ice skating and ice fishing on the frozen lake. I would rather have a Yeti costume than a real yeti. Costumes are more fun.

The Dream jobs sound good but cost too much for what was described. I love the idea of a space station and floating in space. (My Doctor Who will love it.) Being a jewel thief could be a lot of fun (Pink Panther) if you can steal paintings too, and from the museum, not just other sims. I hope this adds a few safe options like a small end table size safe, a taller wardrobe size safe and a big walk-in safe like a bank would have. A lot of people have been wanting bands, so this would work well for them. I would like one of those all-in-one things that a One Man Band would wear. Sims could earn tips in the district centers.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited February 2017
    ME TOO - I really hope that they bring this game pack out. oh my gosh! I am so happy if we'll be able to make all kinds of witches and not just a certain kind. Like traditional or modern witches. Like they did with Vampires. BUT I reallly hope they allow us to conjure spells with our hands... with a broom... seems weird. :/ I want a wand and to be able to have powers come from hands.

I'm all for that Fairies one too - especially because they'll be fully fleshed out. Giving them lots of tricks to do but also to be a good fairy and be able to fix things with magic, and other stuff like that.
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    I'm kind of ok with EA splitting up Supernaturals into separate GPs, especially after what they did with Vampires, where my only criticism was that the world was too small. I would love to see fully fleshed out Witches and Fairies.
    However, I really do hope that they're not going to do the same with seasons. I don't want to be milked for every penny, just to get all the seasons in my game. I have been waiting for what seems like forever to have weather other than perpetual the sunshine we have currently, I just hope I don't have to take out a second mortgage and live off of baked beans for a while to achieve this when we had it all in one EP previously.
    I desperately want bands. I miss the drum kits. Can't make a proper Dave Grohl sim without them.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    MissMahoo wrote: »
    I'm kind of ok with EA splitting up Supernaturals into separate GPs, especially after what they did with Vampires, where my only criticism was that the world was too small. I would love to see fully fleshed out Witches and Fairies.

Splitting up doesn't neccesarily have to be a bad thing. Splitting up is an opportunity to flesh out individual features even more. It results in less quantity (aka we got one lifestate thusfar where in the past we got four) but more quality (these were the most detailed occults ever).

Really if there's anything to be upset about for needlessly being split up, it's Butlers and City Living. Sims 3 Late Night had butlers, vampires and city life all for $40. Sims 4 comparatively split all three up and raised the pricetag to $70. No one seems to mind the $20 of Vampires because these Vampires are far superior to the vampires in Late Night. The city and the butlers however....? Those didn't really improve, nor can EA justify the reasoning behind putting Butlers in stuff packs instead of packaging them with City Living. I'm happy Vampires were worth their weight in gold, but yeah let's not kid ourselves, EA did swindle us on the butlers and they should be getting bad feedback for it.

I'm 100% confident Witches would justify another Game pack though. Personally...? I think Witches are complex enough they could use another game pack, but then I don't know if I feel the same for fairies. I think it might be an interesting experiment to package fairies, werewolves and genies together in another game pack, give each of them less detail but of course provide us with three life states, and see how well-received that is. But what do I know, it might be a terrible idea that would bomb.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Witches definitely need their own GP. Fairies have a good amount of lore and with some of the ideas in one of the many surveys, like a world only they can see, could make it worthwhile. Witch magic and fairie magic are different (or could be made so) and the ways to get and use magic could be different.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ME TOO - I really hope that they bring this game pack out. oh my gosh! I am so happy if we'll be able to make all kinds of witches and not just a certain kind. Like traditional or modern witches. Like they did with Vampires. BUT I reallly hope they allow us to conjure spells with our hands... with a broom... seems weird. :/ I want a wand and to be able to have powers come from hands.

I'm all for that Fairies one too - especially because they'll be fully fleshed out. Giving them lots of tricks to do but also to be a good fairy and be able to fix things with magic, and other stuff like that.

If they do it like vampires, you could maybe start out using a wand then earn the ability to cast with your hands -- sort of how it worked in Sims 3, though you had different wands with varying rates of success/failure. That might be interesting to bring back as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Splitting up doesn't neccesarily have to be a bad thing. Splitting up is an opportunity to flesh out individual features even more. It results in less quantity (aka we got one lifestate thusfar where in the past we got four) but more quality (these were the most detailed occults ever).

Really if there's anything to be upset about for needlessly being split up, it's Butlers and City Living. Sims 3 Late Night had butlers, vampires and city life all for $40. Sims 4 comparatively split all three up and raised the pricetag to $70. No one seems to mind the $20 of Vampires because these Vampires are far superior to the vampires in Late Night. The city and the butlers however....? Those didn't really improve, nor can EA justify the reasoning behind putting Butlers in stuff packs instead of packaging them with City Living. I'm happy Vampires were worth their weight in gold, but yeah let's not kid ourselves, EA did swindle us on the butlers and they should be getting bad feedback for it.

I'm 100% confident Witches would justify another Game pack though. Personally...? I think Witches are complex enough they could use another game pack, but then I don't know if I feel the same for fairies. I think it might be an interesting experiment to package fairies, werewolves and genies together in another game pack, give each of them less detail but of course provide us with three life states, and see how well-received that is. But what do I know, it might be a terrible idea that would bomb.

Late Night also had the celebrity system though -- if you have celebrities it would make sense to have butlers. But with City Living unless you've got a family in one of the few ultraplush penthouses, there isn't really space or need for a butler. I'm okay with having the butlers in a stuff pack for only $10. As for the vampires, since City Living focused on the entire day in the city, it didn't make sense to have vampires when they would become crispy critters at GeekCon, for example.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Supernatrals will be getting expensive

$40 for Ep with

witch
    warewolf
    fairys
    zombies
    vampires

$20 each if true.

makes you wonder if we will see other lifestates done in the same way

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    It's all relative.. Cost doesn't automatically translate to better.. That city EP was buggy for me Ultimately I couldn't play a celebrity because before you knew it, everyone was a celebrity. It took all day to go from the suburbs to the Dive bar. I find the method the sims team has for this interation with GP, SP, and EP is great. Most everything that was rabbit hole in TS3 is open in TS4. I'm looking forward to a witch GP. I hope for 2 GP a year.

Late Night also had the celebrity system though -- if you have celebrities it would make sense to have butlers. But with City Living unless you've got a family in one of the few ultraplush penthouses, there isn't really space or need for a butler. I'm okay with having the butlers in a stuff pack for only $10. As for the vampires, since City Living focused on the entire day in the city, it didn't make sense to have vampires when they would become crispy critters at GeekCon, for example.

Your argument is that Butlers are only appropriate with celebrities, but the Vintage pack doesn't have celebrities either.

Sorry, but that argument is just bad to me. There's zero reason for them to exclude butlers. Stuff packs are about price gouging; always have been, and by the looks of it always will be. Every stuff pack gets one in-demand feature and holds it hostage to encourage sales, and yes, there is reason to be annoyed with such a practice. To excuse it because it doesn't "fit the theme...." Man they make the theme, and that's never stopped them in the past. Genies didn't exactly fit the theme of Showtime, that doesn't mean I would've preferred they leave them out and charge me an extra $10 for them; no, I'm glad they shoehorned them in.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited February 2017
    to be honest i do not trust surveys aspecaly surveys where i can not vote when it comes to sims surveys edit so will wait and see until its actualy true or mnore info on the subject is given by the sims gurus and ea/maxi itself
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @alanmichael1 when I was in Sims 4 studio today I seen an option for witch.. Maybe its a sign?
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I will gladly pay for it. :) Witches need the same treatment as vampires.
    Hopefully they also get a small world.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Supernatrals will be getting expensive

$40 for Ep with

witch
    warewolf
    fairys
    zombies
    vampires

$20 each if true.

makes you wonder if we will see other lifestates done in the same way

I say include werewolves with pets.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Witches and fairies are fine with gamepacks but I think other supernaturals need a supernatural pack. With so many gamepacks on specific supernaturals that leaves less for other themes such as amusement parks or vacations.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Me too!!!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Sabrina the teenage witch vibes
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Witches and fairies are fine with gamepacks but I think other supernaturals need a supernatural pack. With so many gamepacks on specific supernaturals that leaves less for other themes such as amusement parks or vacations.

I agree, the best would be if they united all remaining mystic lifestates in a Supernatural EP with a big world. Lots of players don't like these creatures and shouldn't be forced to let 3 or more GPs pass.
    edited February 2017
    Here's something I wonder people's opinions on:

Would people prefer a powers system similar/identical to the vampires one, or would people want witches to revisit the good, neutral, evil thing that Sims 2 had going on? Or just experiment in general and try something new using the powers system?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Where on the SimsVIP? I must have over looked that portion, I want to critically judge the idea.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2017
    Never mind I found it... and it sounds absolutely horrible , I'll elaborate, but for now back to work.

Edit:

What bothers me about it is, that it sounds so basic and once again limiting.

Even though it's just a survey, it doesn't mean this is every thing a witches GP is about but... as much as it pains me I wouldn't buy it

Covens...yeah I'm not about that style.
    Good witch bad witch what's with the stereotypes? Brooms no.

It just sounds foolish, and underwhelming.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Here's something I wonder people's opinions on:

Would people prefer a powers system similar/identical to the vampires one, or would people want witches to revisit the good, neutral, evil thing that Sims 2 had going on? Or just experiment in general and try something new using the powers system?

I'd prefer the powers system. I never really cared for the good, neutral, evil thing with the Sims 2 witches.