Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Anytime my friend @Nomiko13 <3
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited February 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    I updated my Top 5 here!

I took out the Duke Renaissance venue and replaced it with Midnight Hollow Gold, since the venue will show in the DD's. I finally learned how to read, comprehend, and understand the DD Spreadsheet. For the longest, I literally went through the entire forum post and scribbled down what items I wanted and would set my alarms for when they would appear. It was to the point where I would set my alarm for 89 hours to snag items I wanted badly. I literally kept up with deals by stalking the thread and not even attempting at that DD Spreadsheet again, since the first time, it jumbled my mind for how extensive it was. I was confused on where to start, so I didn't ever go back to looking at it again... until now. I've been doing it the hard way for so long. :expressionless:

Lastly, thank you, @Kitiara for gifting an item from the Old Mill set! Much love and appreciation for your generous spirit.
    :flushed: Excuse the emoji, but I was under the impression that most on this forum knew how to use the spreadsheet :open_mouth: I'm glad you seem to have worked it out though! On the first tab there's actually a bunch of links (although I do admit they're a bit cluttered) to tools that may help you in your DD-stalking quest, among them a link to a post by @ajaxpost explaining how to use the spreadsheet. You should check those out if you haven't already. I know Elijanahere's calculator was immensely helpful when I constructed my own DD-stalking list.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    I updated my Top 5 here!

I took out the Duke Renaissance venue and replaced it with Midnight Hollow Gold, since the venue will show in the DD's. I finally learned how to read, comprehend, and understand the DD Spreadsheet. For the longest, I literally went through the entire forum post and scribbled down what items I wanted and would set my alarms for when they would appear. It was to the point where I would set my alarm for 89 hours to snag items I wanted badly. I literally kept up with deals by stalking the thread and not even attempting at that DD Spreadsheet again, since the first time, it jumbled my mind for how extensive it was. I was confused on where to start, so I didn't ever go back to looking at it again... until now. I've been doing it the hard way for so long. :expressionless:

Lastly, thank you, @Kitiara for gifting an item from the Old Mill set! Much love and appreciation for your generous spirit.
    :flushed: Excuse the emoji, but I was under the impression that most on this forum knew how to use the spreadsheet :open_mouth: I'm glad you seem to have worked it out though! On the first tab there's actually a bunch of links (although I do admit they're a bit cluttered) to tools that may help you in your DD-stalking quest, among them a link to a post by @ajaxpost explaining how to use the spreadsheet. You should check those out if you haven't already. I know Elijanahere's calculator was immensely helpful when I constructed my own DD-stalking list.

@LillaGrisen I knew to use it but it was too much effort at the time and puzzled me at how to look at it, so I just did the difficult way for the longest until now. I've used the CYS calculator though, because it was much simpler and cut-and-dry lol. But now as I think of it, I have endured brain trauma (concussion/concussion syndrome) in my past that has affected the way I can concentrate and process things. If something is too much mental effort for me, I try to avoid it or else I risk possibly getting a headache or migraine from the aggravation. Dunno if that's a disability but it's a contributing factor. :(

Thanks for the information; I figured out how to look at it and realized that it lists ALL the timezones - I just had to click the arrow over. Haha, I'm also unfamiliar with Google Docs too, which contributed to me putting off the effort in going through it. :lol:

And I'm just seeing your response to me a few comments back. That really stinks. I hope you talk to a support person who'll help you about the MMAO.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Jahnna WOW, that is really something else! I am not tech savvy at all, but sounds critical to me. So glad you fixed it in your game and its running so much better now!

This should help others a lot, very insightful info here!

I'm not really a tech savvy either but because I have played several different games over the years on the computer one was sometimes kind of forced to go into the depths of .ini-files and coding to fix problems the developers didn't care to fix.

I've now upgraded to a much higher, newer graphics card, the MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB. It's one of those new cards that don't even get recognised by Sims 3 so I had to go into a few configuration files to change passages to allow my game to recognise the card as well as increasing the amount of RAM/memory the game is allowed to use from the card itself. At first though, I still had terrible problems because of the game not having a FPS limiter and going beyond 100-200 FPS, so quickly had to change that in the Nvidia Control Panel.
    It does run a lot lot smoother and I can have everything set to the max without problems, however I still always get the lag when moving the camera or scrolling in and out. I think that's one of the things that has always been there and always will be there. :astonished:

BTW, changing the maximum system ram has greatly impacted how Create A Sim runs. With all expansion packs and almost every piece of store content it still takes some plum time to load it all but once it has I can just scroll up and down super fast and jump from one piece of outfit to the next without any interference or loading that goes beyond 1-1.5 seconds. It works like a charm. I can't wait to see how well it will do with 8GB of RAM assigned.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @LillaGrisen yeah, I've pretty much given up on the MMAO ever being fixed on my account. I've posted over there as well as being an active part of the dialog there. Luckily I'm not striving to own the store, otherwise it would certainly vex me. I'll own everything I want within the next couple of months on the Daily Deal rotation, so it's irrelevant now. I suppose there could be some individual items that I might be interested in if they were bundled, but nothing that I'll miss if not.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited February 2017
    BTW, three days and not a single ad on my Windows laptop. Still getting ads whenever I sit down at my Mac, but I am not spending nearly as much time in front of that these days and soon I will be wiping that system and putting it up for sale. Luckily I have enough points for what I have left to buy myself, but it doesn't look like gifting will be the experience I'd looked forward to.

EDIT: One just came up. Didn't play, but did pay. Maybe sometimes complaining DOES work.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I feel you. I've had trouble getting ads for weeks/months and then I realised that one of my adblockers was accidentally activated on the site. I'm still getting only very few ads but the peak time for me to get the most ads seems to be around 22-midnight UTC.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    edited February 2017
    Ooh, where is the DD spreadsheet? I'd love to get some understanding of how that works.

As for the ad-blocker, most sites seem to be very against any ad-blocking software, and are countering it with more annoyances. It makes me wonder if the owners even use their own sites and see just how bad Ads are getting with slowing down loading times and slowing down the computers. It's awful
    LissieBess wrote: »
    Ooh, where is the DD spreadsheet? I'd love to get some understanding of how that works.

As for the ad-blocker, most sites seem to be very against any ad-blocking software, and are countering it with more annoyances. It makes me wonder if the owners even use their own sites and see just how bad Ads are getting with slowing down loading times and slowing down the computers. It's awful

@LissieBess Here is the spreadsheet. And here is the Daily Deal thread.

As for knowing how to use the spreadsheet, @LillaGrisen provided me this comment that explains how to do it, by @ajaxpost .
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 there are separate spreadsheets for each time zone. You can get yours Here. It will make things A LOT easier when scheduling those reminder alarms.

I also suggest you just take one or two things in the spreadsheet and work with that and then move on to learn another aspect. That's how I approached it. Try not to digest it all at once. I only learned to use one or two tabs at a time.

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask over on the DD thread. We're always glad to help.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @Jahnna for the welcome!

I also would like to thank you @charlotteprice for the Canal Street Blues and the Deco Gown, you really were fast but I just realized it now! And @debbycanty for the Jada Pagoda. I really appreciate it guys! :)

I have already update my top 5.
    @Jude525 thanks

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @debbycanty Thank you for the gift! It's such a cute bird house! :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi all, it has been awhile I have been dealing with sim lot glitches and being sick (I am starting to feel better so hopefully I shall be over the sickies soon!) and a few other things! I haven't been able to save up many sim points because of this but I thought you might enjoy some of nice pretty new builds for you all here is a link to the first one and if you scroll down from there you should see the rest of them I hope you can find something to enjoy!

link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15582802/#Comment_15582802
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @jotajeje You are very welcome :)
    @Teanias Love your builds, they are awesome and unique in their own way! Love your patterns, do they consider that CC?

No wonder I don't see you here much, you are one very busy lady ;)
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    @charlotteprice Thank you very very much! It was very generous of you! I love it, can't wait to play in it! Midnight Hollow was my 1st choice world! My sim is about to enter the retail business! :smiley:
    Astreia wrote: »
    @charlotteprice Thank you very very much! It was very generous of you! I love it, can't wait to play in it! Midnight Hollow was my 1st choice world! My sim is about to enter the retail business! :smiley:

You are very welcome. Its a dark world, but has lots of items that come with it!

Enjoy your world and the retail business!
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited February 2017
    @charlotteprice thank you I don't think that it's considered CC since it recolors of patterns ea already has! I haven't gotten into making my own patterns yet when it do though my first pattern will be a holly hobby one! I'm not sure when I will get to it though! I am going to come back here on a regular basis again but not until after I load all the ep I received on Christmas and then reorganize my computer and the store downloads in my game!
    edited February 2017
    @LissieBess If you are starting to work with the spreadsheet and want to calculate discounts and so on, here is a little collection of calculations I created to help comprehend how some discounts work and what to do to find out how much something will cost you. It looks a bit overwhelming at first but if you try it out and do some calculations where you know the right outcome for sure you'll be able to fully understand. (CYS = Complete Your Set)
    Btw, thank you @charlotteprice for my two gifts - 32 left! <3

81f1ba08dca7a1c898037941176f2744.png
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @charlotteprice and @Nomiko13 for the gifts! :)

I've updated my top 5.
    Post edited by jotajeje on
    @Jahnna and @jotajeje You are welcome!
    @Teanias Oh, I love Holly Hobby! Let me know when you make this pattern!

Good luck on reorganizing your computer!