Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: Season 5 --> Survivor Edition!

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited February 2017
    Let's wrap up this thread with a little parrot mail from "Whitney" to "Plum", shall we? ;):p

zzzz.jpg

Whitney was hilarious, hahahaha :lol:
    Post edited by Turner on
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Question about the next season: Will coalitions and a social game be extremely important next season like this season or the twist next season is going to a twist where we do not have to be in a coalition like previous seasons?

You never HAVE to be in a coalition, but it's always strongly recommended, no matter what the twist is.

There will be a twist that involves communication with most players, but it's optional.

Is it about using communication to figure out everybody's middle name?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited February 2017

REDACTED

Post edited by Turner on
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Where's the new thread :o
    edited February 2017
    Alleenmens wrote: »

It'll arrive in a week, Alleen. :p

Until then, you can all work on your app and make it longer. Just DON'T send it to me yet, please.
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited February 2017

It'll arrive in a week, Alleen. :p

Until then, you can all work on your app and make it longer. Just DON'T send it to me yet, please.

oops just saw this
    and i just sent one :dizzy:
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    (Please do not continue to post on this thread... We must let it rest in peace :p )

We really fail XD
    Banner.png
    (Please do not continue to post on this thread... We must let it rest in peace :p )

We really fail XD

I always expect it. Haylo tends to be our main offender :joy: It's almost a running gag at this point, lol.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    What are we talking about? :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited February 2017
    0VrZp1M.gif

NO MORE POSTING.
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

We really fail XD

I always expect it. Haylo tends to be our main offender :joy: It's almost a running gag at this point, lol.

:P Sorry... I'll refrain from doing it this time I swear!
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    I know that I am posting but I kinda want to know who voted for who in every single tribal council. Can we all share that?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    I know that I am posting but I kinda want to know who voted for who in every single tribal council. Can we all share that?

No, sorry. There's a reason I'm trying to close this thread.

Feel free to share elsewhere though... If you were even be serious. Can't tell if you're joking, lol.
    edited February 2017
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    0VrZp1M.gif

NO MORE POSTING.

Gosh darn :S ;) I did it again :P

Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHA. BWHEEHEEHAWHAHAHEEGAWHAHAGAGAHEEHEE!!!

...I'm going to kill you. ;)
    (I mean, you're only a few hundred miles above me now, after all... >:) Shouldn't be too hard to find you ;p)
    Post edited by Turner on
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    b594d0c9ead3e830ed62394dad842109d6aa20df5e3a553d602d1b9896a66530.jpg

Everyone stop posting here already!! D8<
    Banner.png
    ^^^Listen to the skeleton!

Also, I found this, which does a nice job summarizing how to come up with a good character. I bolded what I strongly agreed with, so maybe keep that in mind when creating any future sim characters. :)

"1. Communication style: How does your character talk? Does she favor certain words or phrases that make her distinct and interesting? What about the sound of her voice? Much of our personality comes through our speech, so think about the way your character is going to talk. Her style of communication should be distinctive and unique.

2. History: Where does your character come from? Think out his childhood and adolescence. What events shaped his personality? What did his father do for a living? How about his mother? How many siblings does he have? Was it a loving family or an abusive, dysfunctional one? What events led him to the career choices he made? You may not need to provide all this background to your reader, but it’s good to know as the writer. It helps give him substance in your mind as well.

3. Appearance: What does she look like? This may be the least important ingredient to make your character a person to the reader, but you should still know it in your own mind. Not every character needs to be drop-dead gorgeous, by the way. Most people aren’t.

4. Relationships: What kind of friends and family does he have? How does he relate to them? Is he very social or reclusive, or somewhere in between? People can be defined by the company they keep, so this can be a good way to define your character.

5. Ambition: Just as this is the central letter of the acrostic, so too this concept is absolutely central to your character and plot. What is her passion in life? What goal is she trying to accomplish through your story? What is her unrecognized, internal need and how will she meet it?

6. Character defect: Everyone has some personality trait that irritates his friends or family. Is he too self-centered? Too competitive? Too lazy? Too compliant? Too demanding of others? Don’t go overboard on this. After all, you want your reader to like the character. But he’ll feel more real if he has some flaw. This is usually connected to his unrecognized need (see Ambition) and often gets resolved through his character arch.

7. Thoughts: What kind of internal dialogue does your character have? How does she think through her problems and dilemmas? Is her internal voice the same as her external? If not, does this create internal conflict for her?

8. Everyman-ness: How relatable is your character? While James Bond [ Spy vs Spy ;) ] is fun to watch on screen, most of us aren’t uber-trained special agent-assassins so it’s a little hard to relate to him on a personal level. On the other hand, Kurt Russell’s character in the movie Breakdown was far more ordinary and relatable, creating a more visceral experience. Be careful not to make your character too elite or he may be too difficult to live vicariously through. And that, after all, is the key to suspense.

9. Restrictions: More than a personality flaw, what physical or mental weakness must your character overcome through her arch? After all, even Superman had Kryptonite. This helps humanize your character, making her more sympathetic and relatable.

The goal is to make your readers feel something for your character. The more they care about them, the more emotion they’ll invest in your story. And maybe that’s the secret."
    edited February 2017
    And with that, it's time to say an official goodbye to The Mole: Season 5... Survivor Edition!

FWgWCniSXGgShyU3CZ6Q_Bear%20Waving.gif

Thanks everyone for contributing to the best and most active season to date. :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Season 6: Spy vs Spy will begin 5 days from now. See you all then! :smiley:

tumblr_nn9l1zq4VG1syljkjo1_1280.gif

:warning:(Last post. Don't make me punish you, because trust me... I will) :warning:
    Post edited by Turner on
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    :s If you create the new thread then we will.... Promise.... (please don't punish me...) puppy face..
    edited February 2017
    :s If you create the new thread then we will.... Promise.... (please don't punish me...) puppy face..

Check your email, please. ;)

As I already said, the thread will be up exactly a week from when I mentioned it.

That's the 1st of March for me, the 2nd for most of you. :p

-->There's a lot of excitement going on at the new Reality Show Community Thread, so if you haven't checked it out yet, here's the link!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/912781/the-interactive-reality-game-show-thread/p1
    Post edited by Turner on
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's the first! Is this the new thread?.... Oh... I guess not :P

EDIT: (Please don't punish me... I'm funny <3)
    edited March 2017
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    It's the first! Is this the new thread?.... Oh... I guess not :P

EDIT: (Please don't punish me... I'm funny <3)

No Haylo. This is NOT the new thread :lol: And OFF WITH YOUR HEAD for thinking you're funny! :angry:o:)
    (trying to cover up for the fact that I accidentally posted here... *facepalm*)