Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    I feel like there is a general lack of activities and purpose for ALL the age groups other than Young Adult and Adult. Sins 4 has been very much focused on creating the ultimate young adult experience, with parties, clubs and active careers. However, there is nothing really for people who want to create meaningful families.
    Babies are nothing more than an object to interact with. I am having fun with toddlers and hope they will bring more stuff out for them, Children have nothing more than homework and skills to do. A few toys but no way to create meaningful charter development. You just go through the motions. Same with Teens, but without the toys and more skills. I miss being able to sneak out in the dead of night with my teen sims, while their bf picked them up, The risk of the parent seeing them return.
    AND ELDERS... oh god, I'm just waiting for them to die really. Once you choose to retire them, Other than skills like fishing and gardening, there isn't that much for the elders. Families have got really boring and Once you have made 5 families, 5 ways. you feel like that's it...
  • WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    A social update for the sims, which provides us with actual gameplay (other than "click to interact"):

Social personalities for sims:

I'd love if my sims actually liked or disliked each other because of their personalities and habitus. Their attitude towards each other should limit the kind of interactions available in conversations (while still giving choice to the player - so conversation success-chances should be modified and need to be more transparent) and also the way in which relationships develop. If conversations go wrong (especially if a sim really likes the other sim), there should be effects on my sim's mood. In general, moods should be more dependent on social factors rather than material factors (surroundings).

Give our sims something to strive for (like: a certain habitus, our sims could learn to behave (walk/talk/dress) in certain ways - similar to charisma, but more differentiated so it can also be used for a like/dislike system. It could even include topic-knowledge (e.g. habitus "conservative intellectual" could require your sim to go to the opera every now and then (which costs money!) to increase/level up and maintain this habitus. Of course, certain habitus should be quite expensive. And many habitus (especially those who require knowledge that needs to be updated) would need to be MAINTAINED (by doing activities, reading special interest magazines/online, talking with other people that are experts for that habitus, etc.).

Social space and time: Introduce plausible chances for sims to appear on lots, according to age, sex and habitus. I don't want "Bro"-types to appear at the exclusive intellectual circle at Lord Abercomby's manor. Also, I don't want Granny to appear at the disco at 3 AM. This is so ridicolous. So, for each lot, the creator needs to be given social sliders where he/she can fine-tune the chances for each age/sex/habitus group to appear on the lot at morning/midday/evening/night.

Long-term feelings: Certain things (e.g. stress, depression, love-sickness, fulfilled love) should cause long-term moodlets that stay for a week or so.

Daily mood: Give our sims a daily mood when they wake up that stays until evening (but can be overwritten by other moddlets, of course). This would give us some randomness and change.

• cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I wish the teenagers were more developed, be shorter and look younger + I would like if they could go to prom. :relaxed:
    I would also want seasons and more vacation places. One varm vacation place with beaches and surfing and stuff, and one cold vacation place with skiing and snowboard etc. :love:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I'm dying for supernaturals and more life states in general instead of costumes replacements.

Me too!
    I also reallllly want a World Adventures type pack, since one of my Sims is supposed to be an explorer. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PETS! I want a cat! And a bunny! Also, it would be nice to have Create-A-Style back, and resorts like in Island Paradise. And swimming in the ocean.

Rather than a WA pack or Seasons like we had before, I think it would be nice to have just some new/more vacation destinies. It could be Alaska (winter), Hawaii (summer), Japan (spring), and some European destiny for fall. And of course the sims would have to dress properly for each destination.
  • ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    I think it would be clever if you were able to jog or run with your baby or toddler in a stroller!
    6unzx1t.gif
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    More family play.... Generations expansion pack is what I want the most... :smile:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • NobahdeeNobahdee Posts: 75 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Some of these are past basegame, but it is hard to reign it in sometimes. :p

CAS things:
    boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancée added to CAS relationship menu <3
    long hair both straight and curly <3
    piercings
    likes(food, music, color) and turn ons(black, blond, skinny, elder, artistic ect.) <3

Wish List: <3
    bunkbeds <3
    hammocks
    spring riders/playground equipment
    cars-antique
    dolls <3 -porcelain collectable, rag, baby
    playmat <3 , mobility, outfits, playpen, swing, carry sack, changing table, rattle, passies <3 for infants
    bouncy seat, blow kiss, fav blanky,
    plank box coffin
    blank neighborhood to put lots on such as bowling alley, spa, massage parlor, and other we will get

Lots:
    grocery store <3
    pet store

careers:
    housebuilder <3
    interior designer
    stylist
    farmer <3
    nanny- our sims can do the job
    jobs that have no list of things to do: factory, food preparer, ect.

traits:
    faithful <3
    irresistible <3
    romantic/likely to woohoo lot trait

EPs:
    Farming <3
    Seasons <3
    World adventures hoods <3

Later after the above:
    Island paradise type of world
    University

What favorites do you have or would like to see?

YAAAAS! =D
    Follow my Sims Let's Plays below:

o1yuxsO.jpg?1
  • ziriziri Posts: 13 New Member
    Okay so can someone please tell me what is up with sims and it's racism. Why do they have only like 3 afro-textured hair styles in the base game. But like over 30 hairstyles for white people, or people who aren't black. Whats up with that? And also tell me why the plum none of the lipsticks look good on dark skin tones. Most of the lipsticks are made for white people and they make a black persons lips look ashy. There are only 4 out of that set that actually look decent on black people. But I don't want to use the same 4 colors every time I make a sim. There really isn't blush that was made for a black person there, black peoples cheeks aren't supposed to be red like whit peoples. (Can we also talk about getting some foundation in there). Also the eye shadows are either to light that they are brown and you cant really see it, or to dark and you look goth. This really needs to be fixed. Sims is supposed to be like your fantasy world, and mine isn't racist. This is what is missing for me.
  • boom34zboom34z Posts: 1 New Member
    Something that I feel that needs to be in the Sims is for children to be able to dare other children to streak/run around naked. This is an adult action that you can preform if you have a high level mischief skill, but come on. It is 100 times more likely for a kids to dare each other than adults. For the kids I believe that instead of going completely naked they would run around in their underwear, and then maybe if the two children have a really high relationship then they could dare each other to go without underwear. I don't know what EA was thinking when they made that an adult only option, and completely forgot about that children and teens are much more likely to do this in real life.
  • shaieshaie Posts: 7 New Member
    I am hoping the pets expansion will include horses. Or, better yet, a special pack for just horses with more details and more options for horse racing. That would make my sims world nearly perfect.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2017
    if we could adjust the angle of the stairs we could have ladders. or just have ladders.
    sleeping mattresses without frames in a range of comfort, single and double.
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I would like the matchmakers back like in sims 2 and the chemistry lightening bolts and star signs. I would also like a fortune telling and clairvoyant career. Does anybody else miss sims faces popping up when we click on objects etc.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2017
    Cars

Amusement parks and rides

Tropical and Alpine Vacations

Lots of Romantic Interactions especially new kiss types and the slowdance

Shower woohoo

The Vibrating Heart Bed

More items for the pool

Photobooths

Chemistry and Attraction
    edited February 2017
    ziri wrote: »
    Okay so can someone please tell me what is up with sims and it's racism. Why do they have only like 3 afro-textured hair styles in the base game. But like over 30 hairstyles for white people, or people who aren't black. Whats up with that? And also tell me why the plum none of the lipsticks look good on dark skin tones. Most of the lipsticks are made for white people and they make a black persons lips look ashy. There are only 4 out of that set that actually look decent on black people. But I don't want to use the same 4 colors every time I make a sim. There really isn't blush that was made for a black person there, black peoples cheeks aren't supposed to be red like whit peoples. (Can we also talk about getting some foundation in there). Also the eye shadows are either to light that they are brown and you cant really see it, or to dark and you look goth. This really needs to be fixed. Sims is supposed to be like your fantasy world, and mine isn't racist. This is what is missing for me.

I wouldn't call it racism there are more then 3 with eps,gps and sps but yes they need more.

Eyeshadows and makeup could be adjusted if we could get an opacity feature in cas.
    edited February 2017
    we need the tickle action. for all ages between adults to kids and toddlers and even babies. It would be so cute to see the children and teens and adults tickle the toddlers. and children to children, teen to teens, adults to adults. adult teens to tickle children and toddlers and children to tickle toddlers.
    In bed animations.
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    There are small things that I miss, animations that were forgotten during the years of sims. Mostly, with the children. I remember in sims2, my children would be at home before my adults, and they would run to hug their parents when they came home. This was so sweet! I also loved when everyone sat at the table, you could 'serve dinner' and actually BRING them the food ( and the food would be given to toddlers! ). It was mentioned before but I miss making the bed, that was sweet. GROUNDING YOUR CHILDREN. I also adored when parents would have the children on their feet and would slow dance with them. Super cute!

What I miss, a TON, was carpooling. I remember in one of my sims2 games (the same family with the hugging, they were cute, okay) My father could drive his children to school, come back, then carpool with his partner to work. I also miss teens and children coming home at different times?? It's such a small thing but it felt more realistic.

And yes yes yes at careers. I have a mod for a teacher career, tbh, but there are so many more amazing careers they could have! If they do include pets, I hope they include pet careers as well! :smiley: I also greatly miss firefighter. It drove me insane since my sim was the only one who did ANYTHING but I loved leveling up and having the fire truck in my house :wink:

I also deeply miss the babies not being objects? Being able to carry the baby around the house, put then in a stroller around town. I've love to have a stroller again for toddlers and babies. Also, after school clubs, I thought that was adorable. I loved the options for children and teens in 3. The prom, clubs, pillow fights, tag. It feels like 4 is more 'adult' centered, until the toddlers of course. Which blew my mind!
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    To be honest, I really hated that "welcome parents" thing. It was kind of sweet at first, sure, but mostly annoying every other time. I get it that you're happy, kid, but do you really need to cancel ALL QUEUE of actions I've just made for you? I don't miss it at all.
    A lot of ideas you're talking about in this thread would be (very) nice to see. However, the thing I miss the most from TS2 is autonomous memories that you can check for every Sim (fire, family gathering, the first kiss etc.). I feel it made Sims pretty unique.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017
    ziri wrote: »
    Okay so can someone please tell me what is up with sims and it's racism. Why do they have only like 3 afro-textured hair styles in the base game.

Because most black people (or at least the ones in the US) do not wear their hair in an "afro-textured" hair style and actually look down on natural hair as "bad hair" (see: cyber bullying of Solange Knowles, nasty comments about Blue Ivy's hair being a "mess", comments about natural hair being kinky, nappy, "not pretty", etc.,).

Keep in mind that I actually agree with you that there should be more afro-textured hair in the game (locks, more braids, afro puffs, bantu knots, etc.). It's just that I don't think it's fair when people keep accusing the Sims of being racist because there are not enough afro hairstyles. There are not a lot of those hairstyles and textures because even the black community does not appreciate them.
    EiFlric.png
    I think this hairstyle looks cute on black females. It's from the vampire gamepack.

01-28-17_5-14-27nbspPM.png
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    Think would liked more activites you could do in social area, aside from going to a club or a bar, maybe like a theme park or perhaps like some suggested bowling stuff, like that you could do with friends as just either staying at home or going to work become a bit tidious in long run,
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Id like to see an indoor market were you can have a stall and which also serves as a job with income selling fruit veg must be home grown.

indoor shopping center with baby/toddler items in one section, pet store in another section etc etc

I'd love to see weather thunderstorms, gale force winds, snow storms, if your sims gets struck by lightning then theres a chance that sim could die when these storms happen you have the chance of a power outage and have to find other ways to cook.

I want my sims to have a washing machine/tumble dryer have the option that if you want to clean house its actually messy that you can clean it rather than just cleaning the odd counter top.

I want a tattoo studio, hairstylist, ear piercing etc you can also use this as a way to get income doing the tattoos and whatnot yourself not having to have an 'outside' sim do it for you kinda thing

Id love to see more holidays too, a horse riding holiday were you have to wear riding outfit inc hat muck out the stables, groom horses saddle them up and have the horse buck if not trained as your trying to put it on, id like to see a a normal run not a speedy one like the sims 3, id like it to run normal and stay at that speed but learn other skills.

Buggies for babies/toddlers toddlers can be grumpy and fight to get out if they have been in them to long
    play parks for you to take the toddlers to with roundabouts climbing frames, swings, (not sure of the name) but they have springs on the bottom with horse or donkey cat cow w/e shape in the top were they sit on and swing back and forth.

Id love to have the choice of seeing my sims paint and actually step back in the paint and knock it over, more things for a child/toddler to be able to do and play with.

Telescopes that you can put on a balcony, more camo design pants/tshirts/hoodies

more than just pizza on the takeout menu.

House phones.
    Different shaped windows instead of all basically being square more arched windows
    spiral staircases
    scented candles that can give moodlets
    Two person baths for young adult/adult/elder
    chickens with the availability to build coups in all sizes for eggs for cooking and to sell at market
    sims to be able to give/receive presents
    for it to get dark sooner as the weather would change
    scarfs sheer and woolen
    i want the choice of sending my sim shopping for food and it running out having them open a tin for soup etc not having it just be there as it is now
    @kurdaneva I was playing this morning well I just turned my game off, and I to miss the serving, where the cook would put the food around the table then call family to eat. I'm playing a large family at the moment and by the time the last few grab a serving the first few have finished and are washing their plates. :/
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Celebrity-focused pack. Sims can go for meet & greets. Celebrity points/skills system gained by red carpet appearances, interviews, magazine photoshoots etc. NPC paparazzis following your sim occasionally. Exclusive world with movie production/music recording studios. This would be awesome B)
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    After all this time the TS2 ignore button still hasn't returned to chance cards. Why not? If an option to enable/disable chance cards in the gameplay options menu is too much, I think this would be a great compromise. People that like them will still have them, and people who don't can easily exit out of them with no consequence by clicking the ignore button. Personally, I think the ignore button should've been base game and I'm not fond at all of being forced to make a choice in chance cards, especially at later career levels where you only work two or three days a week and a performance loss can flush and entire week of work down the drain. It also stinks because there's no set correct answer. The correct choice is determined after you make a selection.