Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    My girl in the sims 4 was abducted. She has been gone for 4 in game sims days now. I did not know she had been abducted at first and thought she was at work because it happened before she had work that morning. Since I was busy with the father and toddler I did not notice and I saved over the game... Because of that I can not just reload that saved game. I tried to teleport her to her home but that did nothing. I contacted support and they said I should post here again as a bug...

Hello @StarWhispers
    I am sorry that you have this issue.
    Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.

I can not roll my game back. That is the point :) I already contacted EA support and this is considered an unsolvable bug. If there was a way to actually fix this then one of those awesome customer support technicians who deal with these issues on a regular basis would have figured it out. But they said it was escalated and to post here again :) Also please stop posting links in replies to me. I do not like it as external links can be used as click bait. Thank you very much :)

Hello.
    I am so sorry that I posted those links in reply to your post. I didn't realise at the time of posting that you didn't like external links. I am so sorry and won't do that again for your posts.
    I know that you were told that your issue is an unsolvable bug but could you try doing this and seeing if it helps to get her home. Try having the sims household move to another home and see if she appears then at the new home.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    My girl in the sims 4 was abducted. She has been gone for 4 in game sims days now. I did not know she had been abducted at first and thought she was at work because it happened before she had work that morning. Since I was busy with the father and toddler I did not notice and I saved over the game... Because of that I can not just reload that saved game. I tried to teleport her to her home but that did nothing. I contacted support and they said I should post here again as a bug...

Hello @StarWhispers
    Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.

I can not roll my game back. That is the point :) I already contacted EA support and this is considered an unsolvable bug. If there was a way to actually fix this then one of those awesome customer support technicians who deal with these issues on a regular basis would have figured it out.

That's kind of funny, considering there are plenty of modders who have fixed game problems where customer service/developers couldn't. They aren't all powerful
    Also please stop posting links in replies to me. I do not like it as external links can be used as click bait. Thank you very much :)

You really think the person who's posted almost 100k posts and spends most of their time helping people fix their games is going to send you to something that will harm your computer? :*
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    As others in the thread have mentioned before, I am also having the problem where my Grand Master Vampires cannot compel my sims for a drink. This seems to be unattached to whether or not they have the good vampire aspiration, and effects my grand masters which do not have guilty drinker, or tamed thirst too. As I was super excited to max out my power points for a few of my vampires, this has lea to a bit of a roadblock in my gameplay, for example, I have a vampire whose about to reach grand master, but he has instatiable thirst, so I've just hibernated him. It's a shame because this really is an amazing pack, just this one issue makes it a bit frustrating to play, and reminds me of the restaurant bug where top level chefs can't produce good 5 star dishes!

I play with a lot of CC and the MC command center script mod, but as others have been reporting this issue I don't think this is due to a mod conflict.
    As others in the thread have mentioned before, I am also having the problem where my Grand Master Vampires cannot compel my sims for a drink. This seems to be unattached to whether or not they have the good vampire aspiration, and effects my grand masters which do not have guilty drinker, or tamed thirst too. As I was super excited to max out my power points for a few of my vampires, this has lea to a bit of a roadblock in my gameplay, for example, I have a vampire whose about to reach grand master, but he has instatiable thirst, so I've just hibernated him. It's a shame because this really is an amazing pack, just this one issue makes it a bit frustrating to play, and reminds me of the restaurant bug where top level chefs can't produce good 5 star dishes!

I play with a lot of CC and the MC command center script mod, but as others have been reporting this issue I don't think this is due to a mod conflict.

Hello
    I am sorry that you also have this issue in your game .
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Grand-Master-Vampires-can-no-longer-compel-Sims-for-a/m-p/5857062#M34009
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    Is there any way to add Vladius Straud back into the game? He died in the sun. The first time I saw him start to burn up in the sun he reset himself, but it did not happen this time.
    bishop49er wrote: »
    Is there any way to add Vladius Straud back into the game? He died in the sun. The first time I saw him start to burn up in the sun he reset himself, but it did not happen this time.

Hello
    If his ghost is in your game, you could use cheats to add him to your sims household, restore him back to life and then place him in his own home.
    Type in testingcheats true and then shift click him to "add to household" . Then restore him back to life by entering
    traits.remove_trait sunlight
    Then go to manage households and move him into his own household and home.
    Simmers have also uploaded versions of him to the Gallery
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=households&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Vlad&max=50&maxis=false
  • StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Hello @StarWhispers

I can not roll my game back. That is the point :) I already contacted EA support and this is considered an unsolvable bug. If there was a way to actually fix this then one of those awesome customer support technicians who deal with these issues on a regular basis would have figured it out.

That's kind of funny, considering there are plenty of modders who have fixed game problems where customer service/developers couldn't. They aren't all powerful
    Also please stop posting links in replies to me. I do not like it as external links can be used as click bait. Thank you very much :)

You really think the person who's posted almost 100k posts and spends most of their time helping people fix their games is going to send you to something that will harm your computer? :*

So you are saying that the costumer support is useless? Weird. Normally people go to customer support for help, as that is the reason that customer support exists. Besides I do not want to have to download a potentially dangerous software to my computer to fix a game. It should be fixed by the developers who have graciously put their time and efforts into making.

Secondly people constantly use external links to bait others into clicking to obtain their IP addresses, have them download viruses, and things along those lines. I have a preference just as you do.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    I may have found a workaround for the grand master bug. You need to have the "manipulate life spirit" power, "drain life spirit" still works and allows grand master vampires to drink from sims. If you don't already have this use draught of reconfiguration to reset your powers. Should also note this sim has also completed the Master vampire aspiration and has the true master reward trait.
    I know that you were told that your issue is an unsolvable bug but could you try doing this and seeing if it helps to get her home. Try having the sims household move to another home and see if she appears then at the new home.

Since yesterday after going through countless other comments on this website I have tried: Asking her out on a date from her husband (said she was busy). I tried having her husband throw a party in another area with her as a guest (again it said she was busy). I have tried to buy a house and move household to that home (she never showed). I then bought a plot of land in a completely different city (again no show.) I tried to have her quit her job (would not let me as she was not there to make the call). Then I got on a pre-made sim and asked her over thinking maybe if not in her family it might work (it just said that she was busy again).

I have already been told by a modder that even installing a mod that is made to stop abductions will not help. Either way I do not want to have to download software that is not made by the game developers.

If you have any other ideas except download a Mod I will try it. I have one full time medical job and I am working on my masters irl so I like to take a few hours of downtime playing sims. I have played the sims since the very first sims. I even have sims games on my phone and for xbox when that was a thing. I literally have almost every cd expansion pack from sims 1 still in the cases. I have downloaded "mods" before and a few killed my games making me reinstall. Two of them made me have to reinstall my version of windows at that time. So if you or anyone has ideas to help in-game I will be happy to try them, but no modes or external links please. That is just my personal preference. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and or leave a comment.
    I may have found a workaround for the grand master bug. You need to have the "manipulate life spirit" power, "drain life spirit" still works and allows grand master vampires to drink from sims. If you don't already have this use draught of reconfiguration to reset your powers. Should also note this sim has also completed the Master vampire aspiration and has the true master reward trait.

Hello.
    It is good that you have found a workaround for the issue. It is thoughtful of you to let other simmers know about the power.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2017
    This mod really helped my vamp only problem it is forever twilight or nighttime lighting no matter time of day. Also as of yet she has not added Police world and Science world, or Alien planet so have to run indoor when they first arrive or fly if you have bat form. I am currently playing a Vamp I am trying to do all the job in and achievements with them since they so don't die. So, I am trying to become emune to sun so that when I do the other jobs my vamp would not have as much of a problem. Hope this helps some people it helped me.

Underworlds: Eternal Night in any World
    BELLABOO96 wrote: »
    Is anyone having a clash with vampires and city living? My food stalls seem to hire vampires during daylight hours and the game lets them burn to death in the communal area.

meubanks wrote: »
    The fact the Vampires won't get out of the sun is the most pressing issue. My main Vamp Sim came home from work and almost burned to death before I noticed. Just barely caught it in time. This is an ongoing and widespread issue. They don't react to sunlight at all, even though it is killing them.

Plama packs/fruit/recipes could use some tuning, because they restore so little thirst that they aren't really worth using at this point. I don't need them to be as effective as drinking form a sim, but at least make them viable as a quick-fix substitute.

BUG: when vampires age up to teen, they are still getting negative moodlets from human needs(that vampires don't have). The bars all show as vampire needs, but htey still have bladder/hunger moodlets in addition. Basically they are getting all of the downsides to being a vamp, with none of the advantages. I haven't aged a teen to YA yet to see if this issue persists.

Underworlds: Eternal Night in any World

This should help.

Since yesterday after going through countless other comments on this website I have tried: Asking her out on a date from her husband (said she was busy). I tried having her husband throw a party in another area with her as a guest (again it said she was busy). I have tried to buy a house and move household to that home (she never showed). I then bought a plot of land in a completely different city (again no show.) I tried to have her quit her job (would not let me as she was not there to make the call). Then I got on a pre-made sim and asked her over thinking maybe if not in her family it might work (it just said that she was busy again).

I have already been told by a modder that even installing a mod that is made to stop abductions will not help. Either way I do not want to have to download software that is not made by the game developers.

If you have any other ideas except download a Mod I will try it. I have one full time medical job and I am working on my masters irl so I like to take a few hours of downtime playing sims. I have played the sims since the very first sims. I even have sims games on my phone and for xbox when that was a thing. I literally have almost every cd expansion pack from sims 1 still in the cases. I have downloaded "mods" before and a few killed my games making me reinstall. Two of them made me have to reinstall my version of windows at that time. So if you or anyone has ideas to help in-game I will be happy to try them, but no modes or external links please. That is just my personal preference. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and or leave a comment.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are continuing to have issues.

You could try summoning the sim. After typing into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Type in
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name firstname lastname ( type in your sims first and last names) and that will give you her Sims ID.

Then enter
    sims.summon_sim_to_zone simID. This will bring your sim onto the lot where your active sim currently is.

Try summoning your sim that way .
    My Vamp can eat regular said no Plasma and not get sick so mine it is weird..But he can only eat regular said and Plasma salad.

Valandra wrote: »
    Valandra wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    The problem with the plasma fruit salad I find, is if you have the sloppy drinker weakness (Before anyone says I won't change it - I'm not willing to accept the alternative weaknesses to the ones I've got) it barely adds to the thirst replenishment, and as they take so long to eat food in this game it's going down as it goes back up - not worth it.

I tested this and saw the same behavior. Then I had one of my newly-turned vampires eat a serving and the result was as expected--reduced thirst need and because the quality of the salad was excellent, she got a positive moodlet from it. Next I gave the other teen vamp the Withered Stomach weakness and had her try a serving. She vomited. So it appears that only vampires who don't have the Withered Stomach weakness can eat the plasma fruit salad.

If the plasma fruit salad is a vampire dish, I think that all vampires should be able to eat it.

Hello
    SimGuruNinja has talked about the plasma fruit salad in this link post
    <link removed: I'm too new to the forum to post links>#Comment_15525464

I see that, thanks. But, if plasma salad is still considered a "human food", why does it make regular non-Occult sims vomit from eating food that contains plasma fruit? I tested and this happens in my game too. I don't have Dine Out installed, so it's not specific to that game pack. If it's by design, the design appears to be that plasma salad is not a human food, but for vampires with the Withered Stomach trait, it might as well be. I'm OK with that, but the confusion and thinking that it is a bug are understandable.

edited February 2017
    Go to edit town, then go to house hold then move them to new house temporarily then load new house she should show up there. Then move the household back to old house. Also try going some were and see if she shows on list for options to go then click her pick and bring her along. I have done that before too.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are continuing to have issues.

You could try summoning the sim. After typing into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Type in
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name firstname lastname ( type in your sims first and last names) and that will give you her Sims ID.

Then enter
    sims.summon_sim_to_zone simID. This will bring your sim onto the lot where your active sim currently is.

Try summoning your sim that way .

That was actually the very first thing I had tried, and the main reason I ended up contacting support. After she had been gone 4 sims days I thought there had to be something wrong and tried to use the cheat to teleport her. Sadly it did not work. I will try it again now since they are a new plot of land. Hopefully it works this time.
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Go to edit town, then go to house hold then love them to new house temporarily then load new house she should show up there. Then move the household back to old house. Also try going some were and see if she shows on list for options to go then click her pick and bring her along. I have done that before too.

Love them? Do you mean move them? I did try to move household but not in that manner so I will try that next. I tried to have others like her husband ask her on a date, throw a party where she was invited. Sadly that did not work. I even tried it on a pre-made sims thinking that maybe if it was someone outside her family she would come but it just gave me the message saying she was busy. Thank you for your response I will try in edit town mode.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @StarWhispers would you possibly be able to share your save folder with me, so that my QA team can take a look? Thanks much!
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Go to edit town, then go to house hold then move them to new house temporarily then load new house she should show up there. Then move the household back to old house. Also try going some were and see if she shows on list for options to go then click her pick and bring her along. I have done that before too.

This FINALLY worked! Omg! Thank you so much! After I got home from class last night I had to do a paper so I could not try it. But once I got off of work today I tried it and she was there after I moved the family and home in edit mode from the start instead of going to play as the actual family :smiley: Thank you so much honey :blush: I am finally going to be able to play her again after a week! If I could give you a hug in rl I would but the best I can do is *Big Hugs and High Fives!* Thank you thank you thank you <3<3<3 I hope this never happens again! I am going to have to do something to keep those family snatching aliens away. Probably have to do scientist career to get the satellite someone told me about. Either way I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart o:)
  • BloodyArcher12BloodyArcher12 Posts: 3 New Member
    This may seem irrelevant but as a new member i can make a thread, so....
    Now getting to what i wanted to ask. I bought ts4 (DVD) and i want to buy the vampires expansion too but i don't want to be a regular origin member. Origin offers a 7day free trial. If i insert the code before the free trial expire, can i use the expansion for as long as i want or only for these 7 days?
  • BloodyArcher12BloodyArcher12 Posts: 3 New Member
    *can't
    @StarWhispers would you possibly be able to share your save folder with me, so that my QA team can take a look? Thanks much!

Of course! How do I do that? Oh and thanks to @Rudiarose I was finally able to get her back. I went straight into world edit mode as soon as the game loaded. Once I did that I moved the family and home back to the plot they had previously been on. Then I saved and exited the game completely. Once I logged back into the game she was finally there after a total of 5 in game sim days I got her back! <3 I hope I never have to deal with alien abduction again!!! :s Is there a way to permanently prevent this?
  • A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but Sims 4 vampires seem to be some of the most pathetic "immortals" ever. My vampire sims have gotten diseases and died from electrocution. Sunlight and fire are understandable as they are pretty classic vampire weaknesses, but electrocution? Can they drowned and die from emotions too? That's hardly immortal.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."