Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(solved) What controls autonomy, exactly ? (please can you help a new modder)

CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
So, I've started creating my first mods, all of them seem to work fine, except one to disable autonomy of serenading. While testing, autonomous serenading happens much less often, but is still present. I've set allow autonomous to false, of course. I've also tried changing mood preference scores, and other scores, which didn't do anything.
The XML I've edited is this one : E882D22F!00000000!0000000000006513.mixer_social_Serenade_targeted_romance_emotionSpecific.InteractionTuning
I haven't seen any other XML that may influence autonomy of serenading.
I know I must have missed something, but what ? I'd like to thank in advance experienced modders who can help me figuring out the issue, and who can teach me new things.
Post edited by Candyd on

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Setting "allow_autonomous" to False is all that should be necessary in order for this to work as you intend. Are you sure your mod is being picked up by the game?
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @SimGuruEugi Yes. With another modder's help, I realized that I missed an XML.
    E882D22F!00000018!000000000002227C.self_Social_Serenade.InteractionTuning.xml
    Problem solved and thank you for your help :)
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Setting no autonomous to false doesn't always work 100% of the time. Once in awhile a particularly stubborn thing will require something else, especially if the no autonomous line isn't in the code to begin with.