Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about updating abandoned mods

I recently started playing the Sims 4 again after a year of not playing the game. A lot has changed, many of the mods that used to work back then are incompatible with the latest build of this game. I'm interested in two particular mods. 1.Expanded Physique range by Evol_Evolved and 2.No Fatness / No Muscles mod by scripthoge.

How can I update these mods for them to work with the latest build? Would it require the entire mod to be re written from scratch or just a change of few lines of code?

I've searched everywhere but maybe I've missed something. Are there any better alternatives of these mods that I can download?

Thank you

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    GreyWind wrote: »
    I recently started playing the Sims 4 again after a year of not playing the game. A lot has changed, many of the mods that used to work back then are incompatible with the latest build of this game. I'm interested in two particular mods. 1.Expanded Physique range by Evol_Evolved and 2.No Fatness / No Muscles mod by scripthoge.

How can I update these mods for them to work with the latest build? Would it require the entire mod to be re written from scratch or just a change of few lines of code?

I've searched everywhere but maybe I've missed something. Are there any better alternatives of these mods that I can download?

Thank you

MC Command Center.

Its CAS module offers various (not "expanded" though) Physique settings. And it does *most* of what No Fatness/No Muscles does, too. Might be worth looking into, to see if what it does is enough for you.

I'm not a coder, I can't answer your technical questions. But to guess, I'd say it might be better to rewrite one that hasn't worked for a while. A lot of things have changed.

I know of several mods that are being remade from scratch every time. Some, you just do, I guess. IF they break. ;) (okay... "WHEN" :smiley: )
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    They just need to have a few lines changed, but you need to know exactly what the modder has done, or what were the original files on the patch they were originally written for so that you can compare and see what lines were rewritten by the modder. You also need to ensure that these modifications won't create new bugs with the current patch, because they might, check carefully.
    If you're interested in changing weight and muscle, I'm currently working on a big 3-part mod called Natural metabolism, which will slow down weight and muscle changes to more natural speeds, and work on several levels, in foods, workout equipment and also fix weight issues with teens, it will have several options so you can choose your speed and then control your sim's metabolism with precision. Take a look from time to time at my homepage on Mod the Sims or at my signature listing my mods to know when it's released.
    And before it's released, I'm looking for testers to tell me what speed works best for the lifespan they play with !