The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plasma Fruit Problems

2...Next

Comments

• RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    Does anyone know if plasma fruit is visible to normal sims? I kinda want my sims to grow it and harvest it.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Yes they can :)
  • Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    or you can give your sims the 'carefree' trait, and guilty drinker or not, they suddenly dont care how they choose to feed.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    Once you raise your level you can make plasma fruit salad from the fridge. Can't remember what level it is but i think it fills you up like a normal meal!
    EDIT: vampire lore level not cooking!

Regarding plasma fruit salad, make sure your vampire doesn't have that trait that makes vampires sick from human food because apparently plasma fruit salad is considered human food...My vampire vomits everytime she eats it and it's always been excellent quality with perfect quality plasma fruit.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Once you raise your level you can make plasma fruit salad from the fridge. Can't remember what level it is but i think it fills you up like a normal meal!

Regarding plasma fruit salad, make sure your vampire doesn't have that trait that makes vampires sick from human food because apparently plasma fruit salad is considered human food...My vampire vomits everytime she eats it and it's always been excellent quality with perfect quality plasma fruit.

I don't understand why that is because surely the plasma fruit salad is specifically for vampires?

calaprfy wrote: »

I don't understand why that is because surely the plasma fruit salad is specifically for vampires?

It's probably most likely a bug.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

I don't know. If you took that negative trait, this is probably working as intended. Think about it. If you were allergic to lobster, you still couldn't have lobster salad, just because you were not allergic to lettuce.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    Piperbird wrote: »

I don't know. If you took that negative trait, this is probably working as intended. Think about it. If you were allergic to lobster, you still couldn't have lobster salad, just because you were not allergic to lettuce.

That's kinda what I was thinking...but it makes me regret taking that trait lol. If it is intended they should have clarified in the trait that this removes plasma fruit as a viable source of plasma. It kinda ruined my sim's restaurant date because she was puking the entire time.
    Of course, I can change the trait, and I probably will.
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    LOL.. @glorifica .. you and I think alike.. I have a club up as blood bags for my 2 vampires. They hang around in the garden and painting.. til Brisa and Vlad have their fill.. then club meeting is over. :)
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2017
    I was quite surprised to see that plasma fruits and salads/juice which take much more time than simply buying plasma packs from the computer, fill the thirst need bar significantly less than packs.
    I do have 6 trees, but right now I really don't see the point besides decoration. And as you said OP, the quality doesn't seem to change anything and if it does, it's barely noticeable.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    If you take the sloppy drinker weakness though, fruit and plasma packs are laughable at best.. so you ended up needing to feed on 2 sims at a time once your thirst falls into yellow. i almost wonder if insatiable thirst is more tolerable than sloppy drinker.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm noticing that plasma fruit is nearly useless. One sim could eat an entire party platter of plasma fruit salad and *might* be full. This is worse than feeding mermaids normal food instead of kelp. I'm wondering, if you choose the weakness "Guilty Drinker" or whatever it's called, will plasma fruit be more filling?

While not remarkably more better at filling up Thirst needs, i have found that making plasma jane's give a bit more than just taking plasma fruits raw. But they do cost about 8simeleons to make however opposed to fruit itself being practically free. Alternatively i found Plasma Fish packs are around as good as regular bought plasma packs, so if you have a place to fish nearby it is another options too. But yeah you have to eat a lot of plasma fruit to get a remote nodge in thirst fill up.
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I wonder if better quality plasma fruit provide more thirst.

I really want to know the answer to this too. Has anyone achieved a high enough quality plasma fruit tree to tell if higher quality makes a difference to satiation? Any insights, @SimGuruNinja?

From what i can tell it just give a bigger amount of plasma fruits from each harvest, i have 5 perfect ones on Terrace. But that is only difference i noticed.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm noticing that plasma fruit is nearly useless. One sim could eat an entire party platter of plasma fruit salad and *might* be full. This is worse than feeding mermaids normal food instead of kelp. I'm wondering, if you choose the weakness "Guilty Drinker" or whatever it's called, will plasma fruit be more filling?

While not remarkably more better at filling up Thirst needs, i have found that making plasma jane's give a bit more than just taking plasma fruits raw. But they do cost about 8simeleons to make however opposed to fruit itself being practically free. Alternatively i found Plasma Fish packs are around as good as regular bought plasma packs, so if you have a place to fish nearby it is another options too. But yeah you have to eat a lot of plasma fruit to get a remote nodge in thirst fill up.

I really want to know the answer to this too. Has anyone achieved a high enough quality plasma fruit tree to tell if higher quality makes a difference to satiation? Any insights, @SimGuruNinja?

From what i can tell it just give a bigger amount of plasma fruits from each harvest, i have 5 perfect ones on Terrace. But that is only difference i noticed.

Most of the time I make fruit salad and plasma janes, but they just eat, and eat, and eat lol. I had one vampire drink at LEAST 15 plasma janes and still were thirsty. The vampire wife spent hours making them. It's so bad, it's silly. I have a mod to make them better, and it still isn't worth using any plasma fruit products.

I have evolved nearly pristine plasma trees. I'd have to look at the trees again to see what level they are. They have to be above Excellent by now. It hasn't made any noticable difference.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member

Most of the time I make fruit salad and plasma janes, but they just eat, and eat, and eat lol. I had one vampire drink at LEAST 15 plasma janes and still were thirsty. The vampire wife spent hours making them. It's so bad, it's silly. I have a mod to make them better, and it still isn't worth using any plasma fruit products.

I have evolved nearly pristine plasma trees. I'd have to look at the trees again to see what level they are. They have to be above Excellent by now. It hasn't made any noticable difference.

Kinda odd i usually don't have a big problem with getting low that often on my main vampire in thirst, but it goes down a bit quicker on my other vampire. Not sure if having hunger aspiration trait, or master vampire trait reward or if it's because of grand master status. But something is making a difference between the two my vampires, making i can trace down what it is and pass info along.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Kinda odd i usually don't have a big problem with getting low that often on my main vampire in thirst, but it goes down a bit quicker on my other vampire. Not sure if having hunger aspiration trait, or master vampire trait reward or if it's because of grand master status. But something is making a difference between the two my vampires, making i can trace down what it is and pass info along.

Thanks, that would help. Both of mine are Grand Masters. I tried changing weaknesses around, which didn't help. Neither have the weakness for insatiable thirst. I changed one to guilty drinker, thinking they would enjoy the fruit more. Nope! That did nothing.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I tried insatiable thirst on 1 of my Vampires ... filled her up before she went to work (I had to get 2 "roommates" for her just to quell her thirst) ... her thirst bar was in the orange by the time she got home. Needless to say, I got rid of that trait.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sorry to dig up an old post but it was relevant. I have had vampires for about a year myself and this is the first time I've decided to play a vampire. I was stunned at just how awful the plasma fruit is for satisfying vegan vampires. In Sims 3 the plasma fruit was 50% hunger satisfaction, but in Sims 4 it's like 5% maybe a little less, and plasma trees only seem to give 3 fruits per harvest so you need an entire forest of plasma trees just for 1 vampire sim. EA what is wrong with you? This needs addressing! Right now I'm having to find mods to tweak everything EA's overlooked from dinners taking several hours to cook and eat at a restaurant to making plasma fruit more satisfying.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I made a thread about this as well, but yeah, I've more or less given up on plasma fruit, except to take the edge off in an emergency until they can drink from a sim. It especially galls me that better quality plasma fruit doesn't fill up the thirst any more the lower quality--better to just sell it and buy a bunch of plasma packs at that point! Really wish they'd rectify this and make plasma fruit a playable part of the game rather than just aesthetic flavor.