Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Just to add to the confirmation as I think I spotted a small typo in the brief @BuildnShare with Vernon mentioned twice. This is how I have organised the rooms so the right kids is sharing with the right kid.

B1is Bedroom 1 and so on.

Lincoln - Child - Boy - B3
    Liberty - Child - Girl - B1
    Reece - Toddler - Boy - B2
    Salvador - Toddler - Boy - B2
    Vernon - Toddler - Boy - B3
    Sidney - Toddler - Girl - B1
    Parents - B4

• Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 63 - Ley Lines
    FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: gcouti (it's my boyfriend's actually)
    LEVEL: Starting Out :)

LOT: Tranquil Crescent, Newcrest
    LOT COST: $2.500
    BUILD COST: $62.317
    TOTAL COST: $64.817
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here!
    GALLERY LINK - Here

ENTRY DETAILS:
    I had fun doing this this weekend. The budget was the biggest challenge!
    It doesn't look as victorian as the Addams' family house, maybe next time?
    I'm afraid I broke the open concept rule... but I'm still glad I finished!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FOewy2Cg.png
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    kezflake wrote: »
    Just to add to the confirmation as I think I spotted a small typo in the brief @BuildnShare with Vernon mentioned twice. This is how I have organised the rooms so the right kids is sharing with the right kid.

Parents - B4

Thanks @kezflake, I have updated the brief and taken care of the typo, it should have read "Salvador and Reece are inseparable, as you can imagine"

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    How do you guys fit in the budget? I have made two attempts so far and both failed so miserably, there was really no going back :)
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Well im trying to make the house and garden to around 30k and then spend the rest on interior but yeah, its hard xD
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @lyssan - I had to go back and make my rooms all smaller, it was the only way. It's a tough one, but it is doable ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    lyssan wrote: »
    How do you guys fit in the budget? I have made two attempts so far and both failed so miserably, there was really no going back :)

It was the biggest challenge! In the end I started replacing objects with cheaper options and deleting plants... I think the shell of my house costs around $20.000. The victorian looking objects are also the most expensive :(
  • Options
    @Wildling @FaithofKaela @WiggleyTuff I feel you :) The first shell I finished was around £40k... There are just SO MANY walls in a Victorian build, so much money stuck incorridors etc. Eh. Third time a charm, right?
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Is Reese a girl or a boy?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    kezflake wrote: »

Parents - B4

@SyddyB206 - @kezflake answered this well here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ENTRANTS TO STARTING OUT #62 ZERO DOXY

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    That moment of horror when finishing 70% of the build, and realizing there's only 7.2k left to finish 2 more bedrooms, living room, and study.

*siiiiigh*

That means either it gets rebuilt from scratch and I save this house for a later, personal build.... or.... the build is sparsely furnished, to the detriment of the score. *flail* cheap tv, cheap computer, lower kids beds and not as many decorations....

This one is a challenge!
  • Options
    Oh noes @LacedMetal - is there nothing you can cut back on?! Can you use any *buydebug* clutter to help with making the place feel a little more lived in?! Am really interested to see what you have created for this challenge.
  • Options
    @FaithofKaela Meh, I'm probably going to start over and plan things out a bit better. Maybe look at more pictures and floorplans for inspiration. This one will simply be a build to finish outside of the contest.

How is your entry going?

bigvictorianhousev_by_lace_and_metal-dazrr3u.png
  • Options
    Is it possible to have the dining room, kitchen and livingroom in separate rooms with an archway as door so its sorta open in a way yet in a way not?
  • Options
    Oh btw, is the lot value the total value?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    LacedMetal wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela Meh, I'm probably going to start over and plan things out a bit better. Maybe look at more pictures and floorplans for inspiration. This one will simply be a build to finish outside of the contest.

How is your entry going?

bigvictorianhousev_by_lace_and_metal-dazrr3u.png

@LacedMetal - That looks flipping awesome!! I think I have my entry finished, just need to take pics and double check the final costings ;)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Is it possible to have the dining room, kitchen and livingroom in separate rooms with an archway as door so its sorta open in a way yet in a way not?
    @WiggleyTuff - of course archways are fine, just no 'open plan' layouts.
    Oh btw, is the lot value the total value?
    The total value equals the lot value plus the build value, so you'll need to add the two together to get the total value of the build ;) Hope that makes sense, just shout if you need more clarification.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    I just finished mine! It is just so... empty inside. Such a different experience, not cluttering everything with millions of decorations. Eh. I think I need to sleep on that.

@LacedMetal I feel your pain. My previous two versions, I finished furnishing the first one to the whooping 200k once I realized it is way too big to fit in the budget anyway... The other one I discarded. But yours looks so fantastically creepy, you should definitely finish it, even if off the challenge!
  • Options
    @FaithofKaela Thank you for the complement :heart: It may just be what keeps me going to finish it and upload it separately.

@lyssan :smiley: Much appreciated. I love it too. I'll love it more with larger rooms and unlimited budget. I've started my second one using other Victorian homes as inspiration. It's a bit less dark and creepy, apart from my usual style. Only because I've fallen in love with the blue/white spandrels and now HAVE to use them paired with the Picturesque fence. The brat in me wants to add cobwebs, holes, and other such to bother the Tidy missus. How's your current iteration going?
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Amazing build @LacedMetal very impressive Victorian, looking forward to seeing your second one :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited February 2017
    REDUNDANT

Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I'm on effort #3 now...I keep making all the rooms much too big! And then running at about 40k with just the build of the home and exterior...no furnishings or garden yet. Ugh.
  • Options
    @misscbong Oh man, I'm doing this too! My second build's exterior is close to what the first build was. This is not going as expected.
  • Options
    golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    HELP! Please! I can not for the life of me get Spandrels to appear or work and the other decorative elements are showing up monster size. I have been working on this problem for many hours and even with instructions on Simsvip.com, nothing seems to work for me. I see them all over other people's creations and I just can not get them! Any advise would be gratefully received. :' [img][/img]nwejhi.jpg [img][/img]2s9psgl.jpg The oversized work bench and chess setup just came out of nowhere when I turned on build mode. This is all making me kind of crazy!

Sorry- I re-posted this as a new discussion in the Builders category.

Don't delete the walls! You need to hold the spandrel over the wall you want to replace instead. As for the large items. Try pressing [ when you have an item selected; it should make it smaller again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top