Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The forums

I've generally loved the mood around here since toddlers dropped but you still have people who post on threads without adding anything of value or those who try to beat you down with their arguments. What can we do to make those users happy so they stop with the nonsense?

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Nothin I guess. U cant please everyone
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Just stay positive and smile :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm pretty sure this should be in forum feedback. Tags @SimGuruDrake and @SimStaffBethelle about that. Basically best not to respond to them like with any bully in real life. Let the mods know about cases of trolling and abusive speech to fellow Simmers. Hitting the report button is nice too. But yeah I have seen cases where it seems like Simmers should have had a warning for their behavior but nothing was done about it and they keep repeating that behavior in every thread they don't agree to. Basically whether someone like the Sims 4 or not, has negative or positive feedback about the game, every Simmer is responsible for their own actions and should be respectful to one another. There are cases in which people just come to forums to troll because they know they can get away with it more since Gurus don't visit here very often like they do on Reddit and Twitch. So forums have become an easy flamebait area I hate to say. There are nice areas to visit still and don't let a few trollish behaviors prevent you from enjoying forums. The community in general is kind and nice and really cool people around especially in cool threads like the family play thread and the happy play thread and favorite screenshot thread. Just don't let a few rotten eggs spoil it for you. Be the best you that you can be and don't let the ill actions of others prevent you from interacting with others in a kind manner. Keep an open mind, share your creativity, and look out for your fellow Simmers whether you agree with them or not and you'll be ok. The Sims community is a creative and passionate bunch and unique in their own way. Don't let labels define people, let their personal actions define them and you'll be able to make friends along the way.

I've been bullied for liking the Sims 4, for not liking it, for being neutral about it, by the end of the day I learned that their labels do not define me. There will always be someone who will not like you for whatever crazy reason. If they don't like you because of how you feel about a video game, they aren't worth talking to. Find better friends at that point, not false friends. Friends should like you for who you are, not for the shallow things they think you are or for labels. It is ok to be different and not follow the crowd. Just be comfortable in your own skin.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    If you can find a way to do it OP, please let me know as well. Some people only seem to be happy when they attempt to drag everyone else around them down.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The forums are not as bad as they used to be but they are still very much like any other forum. You will get a different variety of opinions so not everyone is going to agree with everything that anyone says. It would even be like that on the most genuine and relaxed forum on the I ternet, if there is ever one
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If everyone just agreed with me, there would be no problems. :D
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    If it ever gets too much, and you start recognizing names of folks that drive you up the walls; just put them on ignore.

Sometimes, it's just a difference of opinion. Sometimes, the other person is just unpleasant.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    If everyone just agreed with me, there would be no problems. :D

If everyone agreed with me that there would be no TS4 GD left! :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sometimes I will take a break from the forums when I notice that they start to bother me too much. :)
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    The forums are not as bad as they used to be but they are still very much like any other forum. You will get a different variety of opinions so not everyone is going to agree with everything that anyone says. It would even be like that on the most genuine and relaxed forum on the I ternet, if there is ever one

This is the reason they are still around, best not let it bother you.
    I mean the toddler crowd was just as annoying so everyone won't be agreeing all the time.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    thanks @ladybreid @blur0se
    All comments are appreciated.
    @Yoko2112 I was on a thread lets say it was discussing oranges in game looking more yellow than orange. I person the posts a picture and asks what we think of their oranges. When several people comment back that they look pretty yellow we are told that we should have our eyes checked, they don't know what kind of oranges we eat because they have the most orange oranges, if we don't think those oranges are orange we are just clueless, etc.
    @shellbeme I like to take breaks from the forums but I have lost the only person I talked sims with IRL so it gets kinda hard for me.
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Hey y'all ! I'm trying to become a full member so I can share pics and links with y'all ! Can you help me out please ? Can I get a few likes ? Maybe a couple of awesomes...some @mentions lol.
    @brinadanielle there is a thread dedicated to becoming a member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    @brinadanielle there is a thread dedicated to becoming a member

Thank you...Sorry for being off topic, I've been looking for them. I show this one where all the new members introduce themselves...it seems tough to rack up these points.
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member

I mean the toddler crowd was just as annoying so everyone won't be agreeing all the time.

And this is precisely how a lot of those nonsensical arguments start. *rolls eyes*

jusMeh wrote: »

And this is precisely how a lot of those nonsensical arguments start. *rolls eyes*

Exactly @jusMeh I wish we could delete comments
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    edited February 2017
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    jusMeh wrote: »

Exactly @jusMeh I wish we could delete comments

Yep, me too. And yet the ts4 lovers always, ALWAYS claims it's the "other way around" when the debates start, yet I can also tell in your post (above) that it was likely the same old, same old ts4 lovers who disagreed about the "yellow/orange" color thing. My goodness, they probably thought you & others were bashing Sims 4 or something! It's laughable if you really think about it. These people stop at NOTHING to defend this game! :o

eta: @ikiamyetta I'm sorry you lost the person you talked to IRL about the game.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Nothing! No matter what there is ALWAYS going to be people who do those things. Just ignore them and your life here on the forums will be a better place for you.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    @ikiamyetta Thank you for your help!
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Maybe I'm just more distracted lately, but it seems to have been pretty chill of late, overall.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

More relaxed than the FusionFall forums. (That's an MMO btw.)
    Triplis wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just more distracted lately, but it seems to have been pretty chill of late, overall.

Its been mostly great @Triplis but there have been times, more and more frequently, that I'm just scrolling through, enjoying a tread and it starts. It hasnt been nearly as bad as it was but its like, sheesh, give me a break. People constantly derailing post and trying to start spats.
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    edited February 2017
    All I can say is report them to the gurus on twitter that what I do cause half to almost all the time they are breaking the rules
    Post edited by Simmer_Ray on
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    I've seen lots of comments about how the forum was before, but I guess I was too late to see it myself. There are some people who will show their unhappiness everywhere they go. And as my dear lecturer used to say : you are not the sun for people to like and some people won't even like the sun. Whenever you see those always unhappy about everything just ignore them or, if needed, report them. Internet is a public place, if it's unacceptable to be an idiotic troll in your street, it is unacceptable here as well. Just don't let emotions overflow and collect all the rubbish around you and throw it into the garbage bin, no matter if it's your street or internet