Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new Oasis Landing

deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hey guys what is up??? can't wait to show y'all what i've been dabbling here and there on for a little while now. Unlike other worlds i've done, this time i haven't changed much in Oasis Landing as i didn't find it needed it. Instead i have actually deleted a few things and as a result the world should run fairly efficiently. There is definitely a different look as you approach Oasis Landing from the ocean and I think you will like this modified place. Stay tuned =)
[img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg

Comments

• deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    Been playing and building a bit in the new world and its fantastic so far.... I cleaned up the original Oasis Landing a bit, by removing or replacing some of the existing wasteland lots and putting in some new shoreline residential legacy lots with house boat mooring. (4 of them in total) These are spread nicely along the new ocean that was implemented. Also there is a brand new school (in a dome with underground entrance) marina and golf course. The world runs the smoothest out of any world i have created/modified so far and the routing is fairly perfect. Added some hardy subtropical evergreens that work well with the new look of the small city these plants are all hard down to about 20 F / -6 Celsius.
    Enjoy.

[img][/img][IMG]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t646/jisgr8 /Oasis%20Landing%20Special%20editon%203_zpsjpg0yf6m.png[/IMG]
    [img][/img]oasis%20landing%20pics%201_zps8p3cblbc.png
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2056_zpsxmivacvi.png
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2062_zpsezsuwnss.png
    Screenshot%2058_zpstnxxrevl.png
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2061_zpsrpxpmnbg.png
    Screenshot%2060_zpsb4n0sjj0.png
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2059_zpsq6laxii1.png

[img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

I really like what I see. Oasis needed something more than the useless desert area. Will this be IP compatible? I can't play any worlds that you can't play in the ocean, swim, boat, ski, scuba dive. It's what I like about Sims 3, and I am a beach person, so its necessary for my sims to be also. B)
    Working on one of my new waterfront mansions ! Sleek, minimalist, and eco friendly is the name of the game here. ENJOY =)

[img][/img]Oasis%20Landing%20mansion%20overview_zpsubhxxwhi.png
    [img][/img]Oasis%20Landing%20mansion%20angle_zpsbf2sznqu.png

[img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Moinesse wrote: »
    I really like what I see. Oasis needed something more than the useless desert area. Will this be IP compatible? I can't play any worlds that you can't play in the ocean, swim, boat, ski, scuba dive. It's what I like about Sims 3, and I am a beach person, so its necessary for my sims to be also. B)

Yes and no lol---There are Houseboat lots that belong to the 4 new lots i added, they are pathed to and from the lots. There is also a public marina/boat launch for the rest of the city to use. It also comes with a nice beach and picnic area. Sadly the ocean depth is too shallow for dive lots as i added water only up to a certain point. If i added a deeper water table, it would erode away too much of the usable land i want to use to perch my homes onto. B)
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg

Dive Lots out of the question, how about Wind Surfing? Skiing? Is it possible to make a small amount of Ocean on some of the high hill areas that won't erode away usable land on the lower section? In that way you could make or have an area that users could add a small dive area. It would make the world complete. Users could also make their own EP, SP, areas. Its a large enough world to have everything. I've only worked with CAW a few times, and not in-dept enough to be considered knowledgeable lol, so--not sure if any of the suggestion are usable.

@deadhaus123 Hate to be pushy, but do you have a release date for your world? I've been looking for a decent remake of Oasis for a long, long time.
  • ElivenyaElivenya Posts: 4 New Member
    I hope you will finishing the World. I am looking for a long time for a good Oasis Landing Remake. Can You please add more Roads for more Building Space and huge Lots? A futuristic huge City would be amazing.
  • T_quinnT_quinn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi @deadhaus123 I really hope you're still working! I love Oasis landing, and am looking forward to your world :smile:
  • keyiwistarkeyiwistar Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey where can i download this? please...
  • David1grDavid1gr Posts: 4 New Member
    This world looks Excellent. I was hoping to add a port into the arched waterway in Oasis Landing... no luck. Where and When can we download this world ?