Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Survery for Gamepacks/Expansion packs?

Hi all! Sims Community posted about a new survey found, although we don't know if it's legit yet. Keep in mind it's translated from French!

You can find the survey here at simscommunity's website.

What do you think about it? Does it look Real? Is there anything interesting you see?

I think it might be fake, why would we have a gamepack for small animals when a pets expansion is all but confirmed. If they didn't add small animals into a pets expansion I would feel COMPLETELY ripped off.

The active career one seems like Get to Work 2.0 absolutely NO thanks. All the careers are base game careers just opened up too.

The Tropical themed one actually seems amazing, as long as we could go scuba diving and have mermaids too!
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    None of those sound very good.

Small pets outside of a pets EP are a total rip off. I can totally see them separating them into their own pack, and that GP will be a pass. A pets pack with half of it cut out to make a GP will also mean the pets pack will be a pass.

GTW 2.0 is just a terrible idea. Let's take careers we already have, and expand them. Not really all that creative IMO, and the careers chosen are not what I would choose for a second career themed EP.

Summer holiday sounds ok, but only if that $39.99 price tag is dropped down to $19.99. They gave themselves a nice platform to split vacation spots into different GP's, and I have no desire to pay $40 for a singular season or vacation spot.
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    I REALLY hope this is fake.

Selling the small animals and animal items separately when all the other pets expansions included them? what is this insanity? next thing you know, they will be releasing each season separately.

Bauty Salon, selling things you can already do in your game? come on, you can change your sims' hair just by using a mirror.

Dream Crafts, basically the Turbo Careers mod but you have to pay $39.99 for it.

Bon Voyage included three destinations full of activities, interesting NPCs with actual gameplay involved instead of just having a specific outfit, but now apparently EA will sell each destination separately for $39.99 each, with really shallow gameplay.

Oh goth... what happened to this franchise?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think it's plausible, but it's also all something that a longtime sims fan could dream up pretty easily. Some of it is oddly specific though, like the "small pets" aspect, which makes me think legit.

But then the idea of an entire expansion pack being dedicated to tropical holiday seems odd; it sounds more like GP material, similar in spirit to Outdoor Retreat.

Either way (legit or not) for the sheer heck of it, my quick opinions:

Small Animals: The customization sounds intriguing. Gives me flashbacks to Creature Handler in SWG pre-CU, which is a good thing (Creature Handler was my diehard fav).

Dream Crafts: Intriguing the way it's written. I think it could be good if done well, i.e. if they learned from their GTW mistakes.

Beauty Salon: Total meh reaction from me. I do my sim customization in CAS. Going into a beauty salon to do things like tattoos seems largely superfluous. I guess the one angle I could see is a rebellious teen or something, going and getting a tattoo.

Summer Holiday: Some of the details sound cool (being a surfer, hotels) but what's the actual theme? If it's just going on vacation, that seems like too small of a concept for an expansion pack to me. I guess it mentions buying homes on the beach, which means it'd have something of a beach neighborhood? Maybe that'd make it big enough for an EP. I don't know; kinda sounds like a smorgasbord of features with too vague of a central theme.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @Triplis @drake_mccarty I think the Tropical destination pack would totally be worth $40 if it had the same content as Island Paradise except you can either vacation or move there.

I doubt we'd see houseboats, but diving and everything else I would love.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    It doesn't sound legit... sounds like something fans would make. Especially the summer vacation EP. It sounds very much like outdoor retreat. EA would make it into a GP for sure.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I find this incredibly fake especially since the person who posted their screenshots said they got their survey through a website that pays people to take surveys. EA would send the surveys using their mailing list not through a third party site.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    None of them sound great sure a salon would be nice to have but with the current retail system I'll pass. The summer vacation pack sounds decent I'd love to have surfing my only hope is if we did get a expansion like the whole world was not set up as a vacationing world I'd need to be able to make retail restaurants and homes as well don't want another Outdoor Retreat.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited February 2017
    I want ALL of these omg. I love the idea of being able to breed small pets and even owning your own pet shop. With the dream jobs one with the Astronaut career would they rework it? Or would it be a new career? Also the scoundrel job might bring back robers! Maybe you can even be a rober and break into other sims house holds. The beauty salon might be my least favorite one. I mean I think it would be great to finally have a way to put tattoos onto sims without having to take them into full edit mode. The summer holiday one would also be awesome. A new vacation place yes please <3.

Edit: Oh I didn't know that it could possibly be fake. it could be. I mean we already have a astronaut career. Why would the add in another?

Also I would be kind of sad if small pets didnt come with pets but I would still buy that stuff pack or game pack with the small pets and new venue lot but thats probably just me. I mean breeding small pets? I don't think that has ever been a thing you could do in the sims. Although I could be wrong!
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think the Tropical destination pack would totally be worth $40 if it had the same content as Island Paradise except you can either vacation or move there.

I doubt we'd see houseboats, but diving and everything else I would love.
    I never played Island Paradise, so I don't know it as a reference point. All I can say is, diving sounds cool, as do a lot of the individual features mentioned in the overview. But given how most of the packs in this game have gone, it just comes across as odd to me the idea of something so vague-sounding as a Summer Holiday in the size of an EP. Maybe I've just been thrown off by City Living, which had a crystal clear location-based central theme. GTW's central theme was a fair bit more vague, since it shoved in things like Aliens as well as the few active careers. And Get Together was all about... well, getting together (at its core) but it also had a sizable neighborhood.

Setting aside whether it's even legit, Summer Holiday just sounds like too much of a mashup to me. If it were intended as an EP, I think it'd snag better in my mind if it was being referred to as something more like "Waterfront Living." The phrase Summer Holiday conveys this idea of a vacation neighborhood, which makes me think of Outdoor Retreat. And yet it talks of owning a house as well as renting? Unless they somehow add the functionality to own more than one home, which I seriously doubt, you wouldn't own a "summer home"; it just would be the home you have. So even some of the wording doesn't make sense to me.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited February 2017
    Gotta say, I'd like to have a space station for astronauts (and Aliens, please? I want to live on it). And nail polish. And I wouldn't be heartbroken if there was more to do with small pets than there used to be so there'd feel like a point to them, but I really only want bunnies and imaginary critters.

ETA: I did think that previous such surveys all came directly from Origin. It would make sense for Origin to be using an outside company, but I'd be astonished if any such company had enough membership to run a useful survey of only Sims 4 owners. So that feels fishy to me.

& ETA: Re. an EP not GP vacation pack, one was previously proposed that included both a tropical and a winter destination. This pack would amount to about half of that one (activities included) yet the surveyed pricing is EP level. MMMMaybe? If it had been found that so much development was needed for swimming and surfing that it couldn't be done as a GP? But I think players would balk at that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited February 2017
    Grynn wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is fake.

Selling the small animals and animal items separately when all the other pets expansions included them? what is this insanity? next thing you know, they will be releasing each season separately.

Bauty Salon, selling things you can already do in your game? come on, you can change your sims' hair just by using a mirror.

Dream Crafts, basically the Turbo Careers mod but you have to pay $39.99 for it.

Bon Voyage included three destinations full of activities, interesting NPCs with actual gameplay involved instead of just having a specific outfit, but now apparently EA will sell each destination separately for $39.99 each, with really shallow gameplay.

Oh goth... what happened to this franchise?

I think what they meant with the beauty salon it would work how it did in the sims 3. Where random sims would come in and you would give them a make over.

With the destinations gravity falls (That came with the outdoor retreat pack) was only 20 dollars not 40.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    They got it from GlobalTestMarket a survey witch you get paid for taking.

I know you get surveys in the e-mail or messaging so this news sounds a bit fake to me.

If it wasn't fake I would say Pet's er...Small Animals would be interesting.

Dream Crafts more jobs? This time they better add paparazzi.

Summer Holiday if they do it right maybe it might be fun so this might be...one step away from seasons?.

However I'm not giving my hopes up on this.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    With Small Pets, I really don't care if I like small dogs, but I really love bunnies, with Dream Jobs, I wish I can be a singer and listen to my favorite urban radio station, with Beauty Salon, I wish I could get a tattoo when I grow up, and with Summer Holidays, I will be able to go swimming and listen to my favorite Jamaican music. We all can brainstorm one of those packs if they're real or fake.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think it might be fan made: especially those frustrated with OFB, 3 out of 4 talked about opening a business.

Thoughts on this:

Small Pets: It sounds like the extra stuff they add in the pets EP, I mean I wouldn't pay that much to have tiny pets.

Dream Jobs: GTW was terrible for a lot of us why make the same mistake twice.

Beauty Salon: Besides waxing hairless sims including men, sounds like CAS. I can do all of those things in CAS and sims own everything so we don't need to go somewhere to do so. I did like the waxing idea though, but you would think they would have added that in Spa Day

Summer Holidays: Only one that sounds decent and possible, since I've though of this GP since outdoors retreat and I'm still surprised we haven't got it yet. Also I would add tanning to it.

Anyway it doesn't sound legit to me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm kind of uncertain about how some of these pack ideas could work in a way that they justify their price tag.

When I read these ideas one by one, not as part of some EP or GP as suggested, then they really do sound interesting and as something I would like to see in this game eventually.
    But, when I read, for example, description for Summer Holidays, it sounds amazing, however, I don't want to pay 40$ for an EP focused on just one season. I want Seasons as they have already been done in previous iterations but with gameplay unique to The Sims 4.
    When they release Seasons, then they can expand the whole experience by adding tropical or alpine inspired vacations in a form of a GP.

The same goes for other ideas. Small animals are nothing more but a feature of a Pets EP. I don't see them as a completely separate GP.

The only pack idea that could really work as an EP is Dream Job. It's something that is deep enough to be considered a proper EP, but there is no rush for a theme as this one whatsoever.
    Also, why Beauty Salons wouldn't be part of the above mentioned EP? In TS3 Ambitions they were included with other random careers and still worked just fine.

With that being said, some of these ideas are really interesting but should be looked at as possible features in a specific GP/EP, not as separate packs themselves. These are just surveys and should not be taken too seriously especially as we don't know if they are legit.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    There are a few good ideas there, but am I the only one hoping that they'll come out with a "Generations" ep ? The logistics of death need to be fixed in the game. The consept of life events need to be expanded, Bachelorette/Bachelor parties, Baby Showers, Prom, school events, family reunions, funerals, bring the scrapbook back, more activities for elders and various life stages, the midlife crisis, teen mood swings, the "memories" aspect of generations...positive/negative reactions to ignoring or following through with Sims whims. Parents going on holiday and the teens throwing parties...I love ts4, and there's alot we need to expound upon and fix before hitting some of the things in the fake survey...I wouldn't wanna pay more that 9.99 for anything in that survey...
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    There are a few good ideas there, but am I the only one hoping that they'll come out with a "Generations" ep ? The logistics of death need to be fixed in the game. The consept of life events need to be expanded, Bachelorette/Bachelor parties, Baby Showers, Prom, school events, family reunions, funerals, bring the scrapbook back, more activities for elders and various life stages, the midlife crisis, teen mood swings, the "memories" aspect of generations...positive/negative reactions to ignoring or following through with Sims whims. Parents going on holiday and the teens throwing parties...I love ts4, and there's alot we need to expound upon and fix before hitting some of the things in the fake survey...I wouldn't wanna pay more that 9.99 for anything in that survey...

Teens being able to actually prank, do chores, and parents being able to reward and punish...gifiting to sims of all ages...
    NPC roommates, allowing other sims to live on your lot and not be apart of the household exactly...the vacation home or owning multiple homes...necatar making...An ambitions pack...we have gtw but we need an ambitions y'all...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I think it's plausible, but it's also all something that a longtime sims fan could dream up pretty easily. Some of it is oddly specific though, like the "small pets" aspect, which makes me think legit.

But then the idea of an entire expansion pack being dedicated to tropical holiday seems odd; it sounds more like GP material, similar in spirit to Outdoor Retreat.

Either way (legit or not) for the sheer heck of it, my quick opinions:

Small Animals: The customization sounds intriguing. Gives me flashbacks to Creature Handler in SWG pre-CU, which is a good thing (Creature Handler was my diehard fav).

Dream Crafts: Intriguing the way it's written. I think it could be good if done well, i.e. if they learned from their GTW mistakes.

Beauty Salon: Total meh reaction from me. I do my sim customization in CAS. Going into a beauty salon to do things like tattoos seems largely superfluous. I guess the one angle I could see is a rebellious teen or something, going and getting a tattoo.

Summer Holiday: Some of the details sound cool (being a surfer, hotels) but what's the actual theme? If it's just going on vacation, that seems like too small of a concept for an expansion pack to me. I guess it mentions buying homes on the beach, which means it'd have something of a beach neighborhood? Maybe that'd make it big enough for an EP. I don't know; kinda sounds like a smorgasbord of features with too vague of a central theme.

Also summer holiday doesn't mention swimming in the ocean.
  • EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    I hope to god this isn't real
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sims VIP made a good point on twitter about how they has doubts about the authenticity of the survey. I don't know how to imbed a tweet into a post but its on sims VIPs twitter.

Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
    Sims VIP made a good point on twitter about how they has doubts about the authenticity of the survey. I don't know how to imbed a tweet into a post but its on sims VIPs twitter.

Copy link to tweet.
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    It kinda sound nice but I feel like they could of put that stuff into a expansion or patch for get to work I just wouldn't be OK with patch like that they seem so separate from bigger packs
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
    I hope it isn't true

We really don't need a Get To Work 2

Small animals need to be combined with pets

Beauty parlors need to be in an ep.

I'd rather vacations be a gamepack rather then an expansion.